Daft Punk

Saint-14

Aw yeah Daft Punk http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngI got Alive 2007 a while back. It was awesome. I'm debating whether or not to get Human After All, but I'm having a hard time finding good previews of some of the songs because EMI keeps blocking them. ;-;

its defiantly worth it based on the stuff I've found not blocked by EMI Harder faster stronger has been got by them as well when I checked on friday.

It's funny, the description of attitudes that I've seen is Homework > Discovery > Human After All, but my song listing is one song from Homework, two from Discovery, and three from HAA.(Da Funk, Aerodynamic, Digital Love, Human After All, Steam Machine, Technologic)(I was going off a $10 iTunes card, so I only bought the ones I especially wanted [plus a couple of non-DP songs])And the TRON: Legacy soundtrack, but that's different.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Wait Chols, you don't have Discovery? It's the best. Ever.

Oh yeah, I'm considering this one too. I'm just not sure if I like it more than HAA.

And the TRON: Legacy soundtrack, but that's different.

Oh lawd I forgot about TRON. I have that one too and it's great.Disc Wars <3

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Daft Punk's how I got into electric anything in the first place.I remember the first time I heard of them, 2008 when I saw a Weezer video, then saw this thing called "Daft Hands"It lead me to this guy with the lyrics of "Harder Better Faster Stronger" written on his hand.After that I started massively getting into their ENTIRE discography, especially Discovery, which is my 2nd favorite album I've ever encountered (The Beatle's 1 is first)All those anime videos made into Interstella 5555 got my attention...And so I started listening to some singles from their debut, Homework. That album to me was a little overrated, but it had enough to keep me well into Daft Punk. The music videos for the singles were amazing, like "Revolution 909" and "Da Funk"To me Human After All was alright, but the singles were still worth a listen.After a while I started picking up Justice, which they share a lot of things in common, and...yeah.

Daft Punk is alright. Maybe it's because they weren't the first electronic artists I got in to, but I'm not the biggest fan of theirs. Still, they launched an entire genre, so they have my respect. And I have to concede, Derezzed is the most played song in my entire playlist. And if you haven't seen the music video for Derrezed... (I'm talking about the actual music video, not the movie trailer).If anyone wants to try some similar artists, I can recommend Justice and Danger.

If anyone wants to try some similar artists, I can recommend Justice and Danger.

When you say Danger I say you have good taste.Seriously, 11h30 and 4h30 are amazing songs.Anyways, I think Daft Punk's soundtrack for Tron Legacy was somewhat underrated in terms of overall critical reviews, but I think they were trying to ignore bias :PPersonally I think it's really good for a sountrack, okay-good for Daft Punk music. Edited by SgtPanda/RMudkips

Daft Punk, Danger and Justice are all amazing. Everything on Discovery, the song "11h30" and others, and the songs on Cross are all amazing.And much like Mudkips, I was introduced to real electronica by Daft Punk, through an interview with Family Force 5 where they mentioned theme :3 I've never looked back yet.

Loved Daft Punk for a very long time now.One of my wishes is to see them perform live sometime in the future. If Alive 2007 is anything to go by, it will just keep getting better and better.I do have a high respect for them not only as musical artist but how they treat their fame. They don't go waving it around in everyone's faces and always being at EVERY single red carpet event.All in all, great people who just want to make music for people to listen to..

zV5MODc.png
Please take some time to read my friend's Hero Factory story "End Factory".
It was in the works for 2 years and is now available online to read.
Please be sure to leave a review if you can as it would mean a lot to both me and him.

A nice surprise awaits you inside.

Daft Punk is alright. Maybe it's because they weren't the first electronic artists I got in to, but I'm not the biggest fan of theirs. Still, they launched an entire genre, so they have my respect. And I have to concede, Derezzed is the most played song in my entire playlist. And if you haven't seen the music video for Derrezed... (I'm talking about the actual music video, not the movie trailer).If anyone wants to try some similar artists, I can recommend Justice and Danger.

If anyone wants to try some similar artists, I can recommend Justice and Danger.

When you say Danger I say you have good taste.Seriously, 11h30 and 4h30 are amazing songs.Anyways, I think Daft Punk's soundtrack for Tron Legacy was somewhat underrated in terms of overall critical reviews, but I think they were trying to ignore bias :PPersonally I think it's really good for a sountrack, okay-good for Daft Punk music.
I think part of the problem is that they used Derezzed as the poster-child, giving the impression that it would be more of a Daft Punk album than a soundtrack. Then it was a soundtrack (and a darn good one) and people were disappointed. Or something.But I kinda wish Derezzed wasn't getting all the love. It's the most popular of the tracks on iTunes, and it's pretty good, but I prefer tracks like End Titles, Arena, or The Grid.(Arena is my favorite in terms of being a soundtrack and is used in my favorite scene in the movie.) Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

I think part of the problem is that they used Derezzed as the poster-child, giving the impression that it would be more of a Daft Punk album than a soundtrack. Then it was a soundtrack (and a darn good one) and people were disappointed. Or something.But I kinda wish Derezzed wasn't getting all the love. It's the most popular of the tracks on iTunes, and it's pretty good, but I prefer tracks like End Titles, Arena, or The Grid.(Arena is my favorite in terms of being a soundtrack and is used in my favorite scene in the movie.)

I loved Derezzed, but yes, it steals way too much of the spotlight. There are other good songs on that album. :|Also speaking of End Titles, has anyone heard the crossovers of that song and Portal 2's Science is Fun? They're like, the exact same song. Look it up.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I only have a couple songs from the Legacy soundtrack, "Derezzed" (IM SORRY) and "The Game Has Changed"... which is decent. However, I LOVE TRON:RECONFIGURED. It is really good. I love Pretty Lights' version of Solar Sailor. :3

I think part of the problem is that they used Derezzed as the poster-child, giving the impression that it would be more of a Daft Punk album than a soundtrack. Then it was a soundtrack (and a darn good one) and people were disappointed. Or something.But I kinda wish Derezzed wasn't getting all the love. It's the most popular of the tracks on iTunes, and it's pretty good, but I prefer tracks like End Titles, Arena, or The Grid.(Arena is my favorite in terms of being a soundtrack and is used in my favorite scene in the movie.)

I loved Derezzed, but yes, it steals way too much of the spotlight. There are other good songs on that album. :|Also speaking of End Titles, has anyone heard the crossovers of that song and Portal 2's Science is Fun? They're like, the exact same song. Look it up.
Wow, they match up absurdly well for the most part.But just layering them makes it sound a bit disconnected even so.

OpAXNpl.jpg