Reasons for the boxor's secondary model in 2002

As far as I remember, though the box or had a secondary model, it was non-canon, so I wondered, if it was a successful invention, then both machines have there advantages other then fighting, the original Boxor could be used where there was minimal height clearance (like Onu-Koro) and the punching function would be good at breaking rocks and Ice, meanwhile the arm swinging motion of the B model would work better for climbing as well as for cutting tall tree limbs, or swinging from those limbs, so basically in Ga-Koro, Le-Koro, and Ta-Koro. What are your thoughts on this, and do you know of any B models that could prove useful for matoran or toa everyday life, but weren't exploited in the story?

• Upvote 4

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I know it was a non canon alternate, I was just stating that both models work with advantages and disadvantages in the story when it comes to things each can do. I loved the Boxor set, because it was a clever build, and a good looking set (though I wish Nuparu had a dark gray mask, since the orange one was released on the master builder set)

• Upvote 2

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I prefer the A model as well, because it is a more complex and ingenious build, and I just look at it like each one has its purpose and advantages, this is mostly a way to think that the Boxor b model, if it was canon, would still be a formidable vehicle for the tohunga. My main focus on this topic was to ask what vehicles of machines did you see with a secondary model that could work well in the storyline (but not many vehicles/machines have b models, exo-toa, boxor, jetrax, thats all I can think of)

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Well it wasn't really a theory, but that's fine, I plan on getting the boxor set some time and modifying it to fit Turaga, just because I think that'd be cool, even though I know that wouldn't make sense in the story line, I look at the boxor like this, after the bohrok were defeted, there was a little bit of a break before the bohrok kal (or maybe not) and they used that time to rebuild, and the boxor is a good fighting machine, but it'd be pretty good for rebuilding or demolishing as well, just my thoughts.

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Well it wasn't really a theory, but that's fine, I plan on getting the boxor set some time and modifying it to fit Turaga, just because I think that'd be cool, even though I know that wouldn't make sense in the story line, I look at the boxor like this, after the bohrok were defeted, there was a little bit of a break before the bohrok kal (or maybe not) and they used that time to rebuild, and the boxor is a good fighting machine, but it'd be pretty good for rebuilding or demolishing as well, just my thoughts.

After you're finished building it, mind if we can see a picture of it? It'd be awesome to see a Turaga inside the Boxor. 

bZpOwEr

It would be a while since I don't own the boxor (lost my collection recently) but I would absolutely post pictures, I could probably make one from scratch, but it wouldn't look like the boxor much

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I find it strange how the 2002 "titan" set alternate models weren't actually given canon roles. I think those are the only "box"-official ones, along with the Piraka and 2003 Matoran combiners, to not be incorporated in any way into the story. 

Which is weird because there totally could have been a pretty decent explanation for them, as you have proven.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Well thank you, and I agree, I believe the alternates could have had some canon role, like the 2006 piraka combiners could easily guard the mask of life, and the "exo-raptor" could have been just a quicker way of transport, or something similar to the boxor (to rebuild after the bohrok)

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Technically, the exo-raptor has a perpendicular connector that goes into the lower section of the toa mata's body, and since pohatu's body is upside down, I don't think it would officially count as being connected to the exo-raptor, but I haven't tried as far as I recall.

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging