LEGO Releases Elves TV Special on YouTube

Did you miss the LEGO Elves TV special "Unite the Magic" when it aired on Disney Channel last month? No worries - it's now available for free viewing on the official LEGO YouTube channel! This 24-minute episode introduces viewers to the magical land of Elvendale through the eyes of a human girl named Emily Jones. What's more, it's listed as "Episode 1", seemingly confirming additional LEGO Elves episodes in the future. Read on to witness Emily's first adventure in Elvendale!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Huh, well glad I can finally watch this somewhere. However, not my favorite; the pacing felt a little fast (although I guess when you're trying to squeeze a full year into a single episode, that can be an issue.) It didn't feel like there was much character growth either. (The little there was felt rushed too.) It seems like a vibrant universe with lots of potential, but I don't think this episode did it justice. Ah, well, at least the sets are still pretty good. (Granted, I'm totally not the target audience either.)

:music:

Edited by xccj

Huh, well glad I can finally watch this somewhere. However, not my favorite; the pacing felt a little fast (although I guess when you're trying to squeeze a full year into a single episode, that can be an issue.) It didn't feel like there was much character growth either. (The little there was felt rushed too.) It seems like a vibrant universe with lots of potential, but I don't think this episode did it justice. Ah, well, at least the sets are still pretty good.

:music:

The pacing was definitely off. However, the fact that this is labeled as "Episode 1" gives me hope—with no more sets left to cover for the year, future episodes may well take a more leisurely "slice of life" approach that allows for better character development and plot. I feel like the worldbuilding and characterization of this episode laid a strong groundwork, so I can only hope that Lego will continue to follow up and improve upon that.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It actually was a pretty decent pace, for having zip in terms of meaningful antagonists. The squirrel and the lady at the end barely qualify. 

Very realistic. 

Girl's shows tend to be like this. Either they don't have much of an antagonist, or they generally make the antagonist a guy, or a Mean Girls type. It just reminds me of how tired I was of that formula when I got into Bionicle. 

• Upvote 1

Eh, I didn't have much hope for this. The graphics are beautiful, the animation is choppy, hair is freaky, writing is bad, story is generic and predictable, and it doesn't really do anything special. The IFB movie was better IMO, and it wasn't exactly the greatest of 20-minute adverts.

I think the rapid fire pace and iffy voice acting would have been more tolerable if the animation wasn't so dang choppy. Assuming it was a stylistic choice, I hope it's abandoned for the next episodes (if there are any). In spite of the beautiful backgrounds it wasn't very pleasant to watch.

I did like the humor though!

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Upvote 1
BZPRPG

• 1 month later...

Despite the animations, I think it was pretty good. I can tell the people who made it tried. It really reminded me of the Knights' Kingdom web comics, only with Emily acting as a normal person to experience the world through, which wasn't in KK, and I think was a good move. Also, the mysterious "guardian" character who gets convinced to help the protagonists was very much like the Citadel guardian from KK. And that made me realize, the animation wouldn't get nearly as much criticism if this was labelled a web comic instead of an episode. Looking at it as a well-made web comic, it's pretty great.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!