Ghidora131's Crazy Comics!

Ghidora131

*clears collectie throat*

So, you WERE pulling our collective leg! We wag our collective fingers at you. *collective shame*

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Rrgh gotta go to the store, no time to post the comic till later. Very well, i'll just hold the heathens off for a while till I get back. Maybe.

Very well, to satisfy your collective taste buds, I will present the comic...

TONIGHT.

Very well, here it is.

Warrior of monologue.

From now on, PGSes will be invite only.

ALSO: That little "N" In FordianL's name was an intented typo. I'll cover it as the series progresses.

This is perfect. Thank you.

I'm even more happy about this because you included my signature tuning forks on my back.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Just read the last recent comics. All entertaining so far in their own right.

The glowy text works really well here. It's very easy to tell who's talking. I also like the different choices of font depending on what the situation is (whether a character is freaking out or something). The font is all a good size as well which is nice, very easy to read. Once again, so far all the MOCs are brilliant. I think so far my favorite ending from the comics was the the introduction of the Rahkshi, Vaalku.

Especially the lines "is that a rahkshi?" "I think it's a dinosaur." I thought that line was funny as well as the slow close up on Jakura with his approval. 

I think that with a lot of Photo comics, I feel that the best kind of humor would be deadpan since it's typically harder to show emotion. And I feel with the dinosaur joke you really nailed it.

Now for the critique. There actually isn't much that I feel you can really improve on. I think the thing that stood out most was for some reason Pohatu's text just seems.. Blurry. I'm wondering if it could possibly be the color combination or maybe you have some specific setting on. All the other characters seem fine besides that which is why I find it odd.

The other thing is something that a lot of people, including myself, are guilty of. That would be logic or reasoning. When Vaalku was introduced it was very clear that most of the other characters were nervous being around him, so why would Ghidora add him to the comics? What reasoning is there? Is he preparing for something, does he need something sewn, is he trying to improve his relations with Rahkshi, is he plotting world domination? Some comics don't really need to worry about this but this one specifically stood out mainly because of the other characters distaste for the Rahkshi in the first place. 

Besides those two minor factors I'd say you're doing really well right now. So far It's been pretty consistently entertaining and I'm looking forward to more.

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Now for the critique. There actually isn't much that I feel you can really improve on. I think the thing that stood out most was for some reason Pohatu's text just seems.. Blurry. I'm wondering if it could possibly be the color combination or maybe you have some specific setting on. All the other characters seem fine besides that which is why I find it odd.

I can answer for that. I helped him improve the text, using the style I use over in my comics. Unfortunately, the program I suggested has a tendency to render certain texts of certain colors in a weird way, causing blurriness. So far, the only fix for it that I know of is to use a darker color for both the text and the glow behind it.

Ghiddy, on that note, you might adjust the lightness scale when applying the glow. turn it down just a bit to the point where there's some better contrast between it and the overlaying text.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Arzaki
  • Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 3 weeks later...

This looks really promising, I can't wait to see where the comic goes *thumbs up*     :g:  :g:

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

• 2 weeks later...