Breaking Point

Krayzikk

IC: Christoph

Christoph shook his head. It was understandable that the Research and Development Team would be left in such a funk. They had strove to advance Walker technology to the limits of what the Federation could achieve, and then from the heavens descended machines that brought the entire garrison to its knees. Machines that were simply better than what they had on hand. It was something none of them could see coming.

Had the Ark Union not attacked them, he could have described it as some sort of divine intervention.

But they needed to try and find ways to counter those machines. If the technology of those bound by the planet's gravity was inferior, then they would simply have to sidestep those obstacles and catch up as quickly as possible.

It was easier said than done, but with this declaration of war, there wasn't really much of a choice to do anything else.

"Do you want to head to the simulators?" asked the older man, folding his arms across his chest. He wasn't a combat pilot, had not been for a few years, but with the Test Team likely to be pressed into service against the Colonials, then it would be best if they got some training in.

IC:

"And he's-" The Japanese pilot stopped midway through her sentence, very thankful for the interruption of the fourth woman to cover up her own stop. She took a few steps in Marcus' direction, looking concerned and careful. "Ma'am, are you alright?"

IC:

"Might as vell. Nozing to do here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Marcus

"We didn't even get to plaster the armor with glowsticks yet," Luna lamented, her inky black gaze glassy. She smirked, a sort of morbid, post adrenaline-high, strain of humor running through her head. "Sucks to be the other guy, though."

Or maybe not, at least he wasn't stumbling down hallways.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Kasper Harken

IC: "I'll be helping the techs with my suit. It held up remarkably well in the battle considering its supposed to be a prototype. Chances are looking good for a general production run and we want to make sure my survival was more than a fluke."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

-==IC: Chloe==-

Things had gotten chaotic during the fight, and after a while of fighting, Chloe had gotten separated from the rest of the group that she had been assigned to. Now, after the wounds she had gotten during the fighting had been treated, she was headed outside the med bay. With a sigh, she rubbed her shoulder unconsciously, and came to a stop shortly after walking into the hallway. She noticed a group of people nearby, and curiously approached them.

"Hiya." The girl said with a slight smile, as she gave a small wave with her uninjured arm, wondering what the gathering was about.

IC:

"Hello." The Japanese pilot greeted Chloe courteously, thought after a brief look at her, Ayane couldn't really say that she recognized the Horizon pilot. Talal had been unmistakable, given that Lauren's description of her had spent a solid three sentences on just her hair, but most of these others were new to her. Either because they hadn't been mentioned, or because she couldn't put a name to the face. "You would be...?"

IC:

"Shall we get going?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"My name is Chloe Antequil." She smiled back, equally uncertain who some of them were at first sight. "I'm a mechanic, and a pilot. The latter's more recent, but I'm not bad at it." She sighed slightly, as she scratched her head, though. "Looks like I have my work cut out for me, though, when my shift starts; I saw a bunch of the Walkers after the fight and..." She shuddered. "That's going to be a long shift."

IC:

"Hey Chloe."

The Raptor pilot was leaning (almost slumped; as much as she bemoaned her bed in the med bay, kicking back for a siesta would be fantastic right about now) against the vending machine and sliding the small amount of Federation currency left in her wallet from the bill she'd broken into their respective slots. Her prize was a bag of crinkle-cut potato chips, which she discreetly pushed into Ayane's palm.

Then, to make sure the Japanese pilot didn't drop them and let them get crushed in a fall or something stupid, Nadia gently grabbed Inoue's fingers and wrapped them around the chips. Just to make sure it wasn't money wasted on a bag of crumbs.

y-yeah

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The Japanese pilot took the chips carefully, squeezing Lauren's hand lightly while she swapped the chips to the other hand. She didn't take her eyes off of Chloe, nor Marcus who she was fairly certain was about to keel over and she wanted to be ready, but she found both bag and hand quite easily. Her friendly expression took on a solemn countenance, and she nodded at the Horizon pilot. "I suspect it will. I regret that we did not arrive soon enough to be of help."

IC:

"Alright." Benjamin replied simply, turning and walking over towards the simulators. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"And many more," Ayane replied, solemnity deepening into a frown. "Might still be alive if we had arrived sooner. Just because we averted total disaster does not mean we shouldn't have arrived sooner."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Then we'll...remember the ones we weren't quick enough to save, right?" Lauren smiled woozily at the entire assembled group; despite her clear exhaustion and nagging vertigo, somehow she still was amongst the more plucky half of the women currently gathered outside the med bay. "And we'll empty a whole gat into a Union walker for each of 'em next time."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Natalie - Hangar

The sounds of heavy machinery and shouted orders filled the hangar of the Horizon Federation Base as the mechanics rushed to repair the surviving AWs of the sudden attack.

Natalie surveyed the scene from her AW, frustration boiling inside her. The attack was fast and brutal, leaving her no time to suit up or enter the baatle.

And now I'm stuck fixing the Walkers...

She sighed and jogged away from the hangar, hoping nobody noticed her leaving for the canteen.

IC: Hassan -  Canteen

Hassan was presently in the canteen snacking on a Souvlaki, calming his nerves. He had entered the battle late, but had a few close calls.

​OOC: Both characters open for interaction.

Edited by Norik Toa Of CuSO4

Chloe watched the amusing talk go on back and forth, as she turned her head to follow the speakers. "I have to agree with Lauren..." She gave a smile at that, as what she had said, made sense. "Will worrying about what-ifs really change things...?" She scratched her head, as she didn't really know how to explain her case well, but wanted to help everyone cheer up.

IC:

"True enough." Blue eyes regarded both Lauren and Chloe curiously after she responded to Lauren's comment, head tilting ever so slightly as she pondered something that seemed to have occurred only to her. The faintest of smiles tugged at the corners of her mouth, tired but present nonetheless. "I suppose fixating on what might have been doesn't help anyone, no. Perhaps looking forward is the better option."

"After all, there's a war to win now."

IC:

"I'll take this one." The Test Team engineer commented to his boss, hitting the release on the faux-cockpit of one of the simulators and sliding inside. "What terrain?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Nadia hadn't stopped to think about the implications of a full-scale attack on Horizon; she had been a bit too busy fending it off, while her fellow Raptor pilots dropped around Munequita like baby birds. Her attempt at cheerfulness subsided slightly as the thought settled in. She had been born in a generation long after World War III - in fact, she wasn't even sure if her parents had been alive for it, or for the foundation of the Federation that rose up on its heels. The thought of ships like the Olympic, or a fleet of Union vessels and Walkers like that hitting Earth...

What could one fighter pilot do?

Well, in movies, we kick ######. Chew bubblegum. Get the girl.

These were good goals. Measurable, challenging, satisfying outcomes. She liked these goals. And she would fight through the whole Ark Union for them, no matter how many fighter pilots she could claim to be.

And then...

No.

Don't think that far forward.

"Attababe."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Yeah." Ayane's head cocked a little further, attention shifting entirely towards Lauren. She hadn't missed the pause before the Horizon pilot's response. A moment passed before her head righted itself, and she sneaked an arm around her shoulders and squeezed. "It'll all be alright."

"Just one step after the other."

IC:

"Sims of all six Mass Driver cities, and a few generic cityscapes. New York, London, Beijing, that sort of thing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

She felt the squeeze through her jacket, which had been slung on in place of the flight suit that had threatened to swallow her when she landed.

The dam broke.

And she pulled the Japanese pilot closer to wrap an arm around her shoulders in return, and another around the small of her back.

"I know." Then, remembering they had people around, she playfully smiled and added a soft: "You have a pretty dirty mouth over the comms, you know."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME