Rayman Origins

JiMing

In an era of violent shooter warfare games, Rayman Origins is a reminder of what games used to be like:simple, artistic, and magical.I am really looking forward to getting this game, what about you guys?Edit: Box artRayman_Origins_Box_Art.jpg

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

One of the best things about the game is that it perfectly combines all three games into one package of awesomeness! It has the wacky, surreal style of Rayman 1, the fantasy theme from Rayman 2, and the laugh-out-loud humor from Rayman 3!

Getting it for Christmas most definitely. It's the one game I've been looking forward to this year.I downloaded the demo and have played it, like, three or more times. It's just so addicting!Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I really hate spending money on useless stuff, but I guess I'll use the money I get on my upcoming birthday to get the game. Can't wait! Though I can feel myself bracing for the moment when my friends will want to play with me. I HATE teamwork. I just can't stand it.

Edited by The Change

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Looking forward to playing this game so much- I can tell it'll be one of my favourite games. It deserves more attention than it's gotten. Curse you first person shooters! -ibrow

I know, right? I don't see any value in a game like MW3.

Really? I thought the Teensies were part of the same character. I'd love the be able to play as Mr.Dark...

Well, you can't play as him, but it's implied that he will appear.Oh yeah, The Magician is a Teensie now.250px-Magician.png

And the Multiplayer option isn't as chaotic as I first imagined, making this game a heck of a lot more fun when playing with others! Just love love love this game.

I have to agree with you; the multiplayer is a blast. And it usually makes lum-gathering a whole lot easier.This game is absolutely gorgeous and fun. My heart was saddened by the invasion of Rabbids that seemed to have hijacked the Rayman franchise, so this game is quite the relief. It's so much different than Rayman 2 that it wouldn't be fair to make a comparison. On its own right, though, I am in love with Origins.The music is amazing too, and often hilarious.

I actually got the game a few days ago. This game is really incredible! And the Multiplayer option isn't as chaotic as I first imagined, making this game a heck of a lot more fun when playing with others! Just love love love this game.

I agree the game is incredible, but I have no friends that live near me to play this game with :( .

And the Multiplayer option isn't as chaotic as I first imagined, making this game a heck of a lot more fun when playing with others! Just love love love this game.

I have to agree with you; the multiplayer is a blast. And it usually makes lum-gathering a whole lot easier.This game is absolutely gorgeous and fun. My heart was saddened by the invasion of Rabbids that seemed to have hijacked the Rayman franchise, so this game is quite the relief. It's so much different than Rayman 2 that it wouldn't be fair to make a comparison. On its own right, though, I am in love with Origins.The music is amazing too, and often hilarious.
I feel the Rabbids are good as their own franchise, It was a wise decision to split both series up.Ah the music, so hilarious. My favorite song so far is the underwater swimming music from the Sea of Serendipity :biggrin: .

• 2 weeks later...

I got the game on Wednesday, and I love it! :D The graphics are spectacular, the framerate is as smooth as marble, and the wackiness is light-hearted. My favorite parts of the game are the tricky treasures. I have so much fun playing through them again and again. :P I'm currently working on getting all the skull teeth (two to go), and then hopefully I'll be able to play the last level.

YOU ALREADY GOT THAT FAR IN THE GAME???!!!Blarg I'm so jealous.One thing I think is a shame is that almost nobody cares about this game :(. They are all focused on MW3 or Battlefield or something http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif.

Well, technically, I need to get the Electoon medals then get the Skull Teeth. :P Although I just got the one in the Angsty Abyss, so I need to get twenty more Electoon medals (I think).Yeah, it's too bad that FPS have gotten as "popular" as they have. You don't need to have realistic graphics and blood to have a great game. Hopefully Rayman Origins will be able to pick up sales.I saw the IGN review a few days ago, and they gave it a 9.5. I think they subtracted .5 because there's a lack of online multiplayer, but I'm wondering why they think that's such a good idea... :P

I try to express my belief that games do not have to have guns and violence to be fun, but I have been ridiculed and shunned by my middle school classmates.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play this game in a while (homework and whatnot).

I try to express my belief that games do not have to have guns and violence to be fun, but I have been ridiculed and shunned by my middle school classmates.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play this game in a while (homework and whatnot).

And that right there is the problem. I saw a Prototype 2 trailer last night (I remember hearing something about the game and wanted to check it out), and while I think the concept is pretty cool (I think shapeshifting is the ultimate superpower :D), it was so disgusting that I am discouraged about even thinking about buying it, there was so much blood. While your "friends" might say I'm a sissy or whatnot, I bet I have a lot more memerable moments playing my games then they have theres. I played Freddie Fish, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, and Spy Fox as a kid, and those were great times. I think I'll have those same moments with Rayman Origins, as well as other Wii games I have. I'm only sorry that these people are missing out because they can't think past shooting people up as fun. And I won't even have the arguement that it's only a game. Sure, I have some violent games, but I don't usually enjoy killing the enemy (well, aside from clones in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and aside from Terran scum in Starcraft 2 :P). But, to my point, the only man vs. man there in Rayman Origins is punching. There's also crushing and lava and sawblades and other stuff, but Rayman only gets bubblized, and this is like playing a (real) cartoon.But, anyways, at least try and get them to play. Hopefully the blind will see. :P

Just played this game for the first time yesterday...... <3

So, since <3 aren't letters, does that means words cannot describe how much you enjoy it? :P But yeah, I feel the same way. I haven't had this much platforming fun since Super Mario Brothers Wii. It's really great.

Just played this game for the first time yesterday...... <3

Perfectly normal reaction :P .

And that right there is the problem. I saw a Prototype 2 trailer last night (I remember hearing something about the game and wanted to check it out), and while I think the concept is pretty cool (I think shapeshifting is the ultimate superpower :biggrin:), it was so disgusting that I am discouraged about even thinking about buying it, there was so much blood. While your "friends" might say I'm a sissy or whatnot, I bet I have a lot more memerable moments playing my games then they have theres. I played Freddie Fish, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, and Spy Fox as a kid, and those were great times. I think I'll have those same moments with Rayman Origins, as well as other Wii games I have. I'm only sorry that these people are missing out because they can't think past shooting people up as fun. And I won't even have the arguement that it's only a game. Sure, I have some violent games, but I don't usually enjoy killing the enemy (well, aside from clones in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and aside from Terran scum in Starcraft 2 :P). But, to my point, the only man vs. man there in Rayman Origins is punching. There's also crushing and lava and sawblades and other stuff, but Rayman only gets bubblized, and this is like playing a (real) cartoon.But, anyways, at least try and get them to play. Hopefully the blind will see. :P
I would hardly consider those people my "friends". Luckily, I've found a sanctuary with other people who agree with my views.

Never been a big Rayman fan, but I got the demo for this a while back and it's a definite buy. And I'd agree that it's a proper, old school and 'hardcore' game. I'm fine with blood and violence and killing in games, that's not my issue, my issue is that the gaming world now revolves too much around the same genre of shooters (basically point and click adventures), and even worse is that people who play only CoD think they're good gamers, that they're hardcore gamers etc, yet they laugh in the face of games like Rayman or Mario because they're completely unaware of gaming history and only know one genre. Most FPS games are for an audience of casual gamers who think they're hardcore gamers, when really they're the same as people who only play Wii Sports. I enjoy a bit of Halo now and again just as much as I enjoy the occasional Wii Sports session, but these aren't PROPER games.A little off topic. Anyway, I'll be picking this game up in New Years sales I expect.- Tilius

Get the game, you wont regret it.

i read that this game has only sold about 50,000 copies.for such a good game, one that was released on 3 consoles, one of which being the friggin Wii, this information makes me very sad.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

i read that this game has only sold about 50,000 copies.for such a good game, one that was released on 3 consoles, one of which being the friggin Wii, this information makes me very sad.

That makes me sad too hear that.And why does everybody hate the Wii!!?? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

The best games these days usually barely sell, so a lack of sales is usually a decent indicator of its quality.- Tilius

Yeah, I heard MW3 sold like 9.3 MILLION dollars on the first day of release. Hearing that makes me sick.

And why does everybody hate the Wii!!??

thats not what i meant. i said that because the Wii is not only the top selling console, but games like this usually sell incredibly well because there's no MW3 or BF3 to compete with. those two factors would suggest an incredibly high sales number, but i guess that's oddly not the case.(although admittedly i'd rather get this for PS3 or XBox because they're in HD and on the Wii this game will look a little blurry.) Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

To get back on subject (:P), as I said in my second post, people just don't know what they're missing, and so it's up to us, those that enjoy the game, to help promote it. Not all the advertising in the world is compared to peer pressure showing you're friends what gaming used to be and still could be.But, anyways, I got the last Skull Tooth today and I just beat the Land of the Livid Dead. I'm not paranoid, but that level wanted to kill me. :P The Tricky Treasures are nothing compared to the Land of the Livid Dead. It's very tough, so if you get that far, beware, and pick up a heart before you start and keep it as long as you can. :D I still need to get 46 more Electoon medals, as well as the other medals (which I'm not sure they do, by the way). I want to at least get the Undead Rayman skin. :PI'm wondering what's everyone's favorite world so far? Aside from the difficulty, the Land of the Livid Dead is my favorite, followed by the Moody Clouds.