Skull Imitator Corphos

19023460423_7bc5533c87_z.jpg

In my own headcanon, Corphos is an insane and relentless mask collector who travels Okoto seeking out masks to add to his own private collection. His methods of obtaining them are not what you call "stealthy", instead preferring to use his 4 bladed Mask Ripper staff to literally rip the masks off anybody he comes across. Though on occassion he will disguise himself as a Toa or a Skull Villain in an attempt to be able to infiltrate certain locations. On this occcasion, after ripping the masks off a few Skull Warriors and a Skull Scorpio, he took their armour and put it on himself in an attempt to ultimately infiltrate the Mask Forge, befriend Skull Grinder Kulta and steal the Mask of Creation.

So basically, this MOC came about after I bought an extra Skull Warrior and Skull Basher and was fiddling around with possible alternate builds for my sigfig at the same time, and I ended up with Corphos.

Comments, constructive criticism and upvotes are welcome

• Upvote 11

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Ooh, sweet, first to comment! :P

This is the first MOC I've seen by you, and I'm excited by what I see! The size and scale is awesome, and the color scheme that worked... OK on Skull Warrior explodes into life here! Loving the large, beefy torso, and though the arms are a little smaller than the rest of the MOC, they work well. Too big would have been overkill.

Overall, 10/10, hope to see more from you in the future!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Holy Kanohi! That thing looks fierce! Like Marei said, layering and color placement is amazing. The hands look a little big, but for the look of the character, it fits. So, I don't count it as a con, just something that stands out. 

Only problem I see with it is in the horns. They sit out a bit far from the head. Basher handles this by having a larger base to his horns, but these small spider legs don't fill in that gap. Looks like it can only be seen directly from the front, though. Excellent work on this. :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I like your use of the new sword piece as a mask-snatcher, as I've been having trouble coming up with any sort of creative use for that part.

The new armor add-on looks really good on such a large figure, too. It's just nice to see so many of the new pieces in a MOC!

IetTsFQ.png

Ooh, sweet, first to comment! :P

This is the first MOC I've seen by you, and I'm excited by what I see! The size and scale is awesome, and the color scheme that worked... OK on Skull Warrior explodes into life here! Loving the large, beefy torso, and though the arms are a little smaller than the rest of the MOC, they work well. Too big would have been overkill.

Overall, 10/10, hope to see more from you in the future!

Thanks! Always nice to see somebody discovering my MOC's for the first time, but rest assured this isn't the last one I'll be doing :)

Holy Kanohi! That thing looks fierce! Like Marei said, layering and color placement is amazing. The hands look a little big, but for the look of the character, it fits. So, I don't count it as a con, just something that stands out. 

Only problem I see with it is in the horns. They sit out a bit far from the head. Basher handles this by having a larger base to his horns, but these small spider legs don't fill in that gap. Looks like it can only be seen directly from the front, though. Excellent work on this. :)

Yeah, the horns do stick out a bit far, but then again so do Skull Grinder Kulta's, who uses pretty much the same horn connection. It's surprisingly difficult to make a more compact connection there that doesn't look silly :)

I like your use of the new sword piece as a mask-snatcher, as I've been having trouble coming up with any sort of creative use for that part.

The new armor add-on looks really good on such a large figure, too. It's just nice to see so many of the new pieces in a MOC!

Those swords definitely aren't the easiest pieces to use. The only other application I could come up for them is using several in a wing structure. Originally the weapon was going to be those "ice bolts" like you see on Protector of Ice, but the white didn't really fit, and since I had ended up buying 2 extra Skull Slicers as well as a Warrior and Basher, I tried using his swords on the staff instead, and it worked surprisingly well.

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!