Bota Magna's Size

Dralcax

When Aqua Magna and Bota Magna are shown together, they are about the same size. However, in the comics, Bota Magna, when smashing into Terry, Terry was bigger than it, yet the MU robot was able to lie down completely on Aqua Magna. Yes, Mata Nui Saga has a more reasonable size, but still.

aouROFb.png

There are a lot of scale issues with the artwork for the Mata Nui robot, and the prototype. I believe it was canon that the whole moon hit Teridax on the way past, this is probably the best image in terms of seeing the scale. Teridax/Mata Nui could comfortably lie down on that planet, and it's hitting his head. All images are open to artistic interpretation, if you want to know the actual scale, you've got to look at the officially stated distances/heights/lengths.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

From what I know, it was a fragment of AQUA Magna that hit him. I'm surprised at how much confusion there is as to what's canon! :oThe way I see it, if it was a full moon, it would've flattened Teridax's head and then some, and no-one in Metru Nui would've survived.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

There are a lot of scale issues with the artwork for the Mata Nui robot, and the prototype. I believe it was canon that the whole moon hit Teridax on the way past, this is probably the best image in terms of seeing the scale. Teridax/Mata Nui could comfortably lie down on that planet, and it's hitting his head. All images are open to artistic interpretation, if you want to know the actual scale, you've got to look at the officially stated distances/heights/lengths.

but if that was canon, Metru Nui would be destroyed.

Pretty sure Metru Nui was destroyed. Remember, most of the beings in the MU vacated to Bara Magna.

Pretty sure Metru Nui was destroyed. Remember, most of the beings in the MU vacated to Bara Magna.
In I think reign of shadows, Taipu was burried under a pile of rubble. The Matoran and Turaga were still in Metru Nui during the battle, and there was a hole in Metru Nui's sky.

There is a lot of confusion on the subject. Here's what biosector01 says about it:

After becoming familiar with his new powers, Teridax departed from Aqua Magna for Bara Magna. During this time, Mata Nui's consciousness entered the Prototype Robot and began pulling Aqua Magna towards Bara Magna to reform Spherus Magna. However, this task was interrupted when Teridax arrived on the desert planet and engaged Mata Nui in combat. Mata Nui was able to redirect one of Teridax's gravity attacks at Aqua Magna as well as Bota Magna, pulling the planets further into Bara Magna's gravitational field until they fell irreversibly. The Aqua Magna satellite went through the atmosphere, and a fragment of it broke off. This fragment impacted the head of Makuta Teridax, killing him. The rest of Aqua Magna collided with Bara Magna along with Bota Magna and reformed Spherus Magna.

So it was just a fragment of Aqua Magna that hit Teridax. Bones made a great topic explaining all of this, but it may be archived. I'll go find it for you.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Okay, I've found it. Here's the think: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=335541It's in the archive, so it will log you out. However, that is the best explanation of the ending of Bionicle I have ever seen. Bones should really re-post it and pin it in S&T.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

There was some confusion when it first came out as well. The Mata Nui Saga on the website claimed Mata Nui grabbed Teridax and shoved his head into Bota Magna, therefore causing his head to kind of shatter, enough to kill him, but not enough to kill the Matoran. In the comic, it claimed Teridax got hit by Aqua Magna. Greg cleared it up by telling people that a chunk of Aqua Magna broke off during re-entry, smashed into the MU Robot's head, and killed Teridax (for reals this time). He didn't have his head grated across Bota Magna, nor did all of Aqua Magna hit him in the head. It was just a piece of rock big enough to smash the internal circuits where he was living while not killing the Matoran.Also, who's to say Mata Nui wasn't kind of curved when he crash-landed? If he was big enough that he couldn't have lied down on top of it all, then his legs and torso probably slightly curved enough to be on the planet. Besides, the scale in TMNS isn't exact, so it's likely that Mata Nui was small enough that he could lay down without a problem.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

There is a lot of confusion on the subject. Here's what biosector01 says about it:

After becoming familiar with his new powers, Teridax departed from Aqua Magna for Bara Magna. During this time, Mata Nui's consciousness entered the Prototype Robot and began pulling Aqua Magna towards Bara Magna to reform Spherus Magna. However, this task was interrupted when Teridax arrived on the desert planet and engaged Mata Nui in combat. Mata Nui was able to redirect one of Teridax's gravity attacks at Aqua Magna as well as Bota Magna, pulling the planets further into Bara Magna's gravitational field until they fell irreversibly. The Aqua Magna satellite went through the atmosphere, and a fragment of it broke off. This fragment impacted the head of Makuta Teridax, killing him. The rest of Aqua Magna collided with Bara Magna along with Bota Magna and reformed Spherus Magna.

So it was just a fragment of Aqua Magna that hit Teridax. Bones made a great topic explaining all of this, but it may be archived. I'll go find it for you.-don't touch my pocket protector

Okay, I've found it. Here's the think: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=335541It's in the archive, so it will log you out. However, that is the best explanation of the ending of Bionicle I have ever seen. Bones should really re-post it and pin it in S&T.-don't touch my pocket protector

Thanks.Question answered, topic closed.