Set Review: 75108 Clone Commander Cody

75108_Clone_Commander_Cody_Review_teaser

Today is Force Friday, the day when Disney officially reveals a whole slew of new Star Wars merchandise and entices you to buy it all sight unseen. BZPower wants you to make informed decisions though, so we're going to be reviewing all six of the new LEGO Star Wars buildable figures. Kicking things off is 75108 Clone Commander Cody, a popular character from the prequel era. How well does this set capture the look of the clone? What are the new pieces like? Should you buy it? Check out our review and accompanying video to find out!

View the full article

Bland Jango clone.

But the review itself really shows off the new parts and this set in particular makes me remember some notes of mine from a while ago, that clonetroopers (and stormtroopers, by extent) have white armor plating over black underarmour, something I feel is a really clever reason why CCBS clone/storm troopers are a good idea.

• Upvote 1

I didn't realize that the constraction Star Wars sets were available for purchase this soon. I need to be on the lookout for General Grievous now.  

As for this set, I think that it has a lot of good parts. And it looked great from the front. But the back of its legs just look horrible. But I wasn't planning on getting this set anyways, so I don't have to worry about it. :P

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Slight correction: 6M white shells ARE actually brand-new, with or without printing. The back of the legs probably could have been improved with a few System bows like are used in the First Order Stormtrooper set coming out next January, but not sure if that would have been over budget for this set. The new parts are all quite nicely designed.

The gappiness of the torso does bother me a lot. Besides the lack of a gearbox, one contributing factor to this being a bigger issue than on the Toa is how huge this new torso shell is. A better solution than the Technic panels might have been to connect some shells onto the sides of the torso similar to on the Darth Vader set or Furno XL, but that would almost certainly have been over budget.

Overall, this guy is not necessarily on my wanted list (a lot of the most interesting parts to me like the calf shells are also in other sets), but it's still an OK model with a nice parts selection. Definitely not one of the most outstanding sets of this series, though.

This guy and the Obi-wan are on my want list. I gotta have those orange pieces. Too bad its $20, that Star Wars brand really drives up the price. But, lots of new parts

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell