Silver Miru Mismold?

SamDrew

Found this piece in my kanohi collection, got it in a second hand lot I bought a few years back. I always was curious about the indent in the top of the mask, and upon further inspection I think I may have found a mismold. I figured I should post it here and see what you guys think.

A mismold is, of course, when the piece's mold doesn't fully fill with plastic during injection, thus leaving a gap in the end product. I'm pretty sure that this is a mismold, as the only other way I could imagine that it would look this way is if someone for some reason cut out the missing bit, sanded the edges, and clear-coated it. The edges are too smooth and the gloss too uniform even for that to be plausible. Take a look at the attached photos and let me know your thoughts on it in the comments. If you'd like clearer photos I will add them.

Secondly, I was hoping to gauge the value of a mismold like this, if any at all. I know that mismolds are rather rare, and to boot this one has a cool design on the forehead of the mask, so I figured it's worth a shot. If you have any idea what it might be worth (or better yet want to make me an offer on it) let me know.

Thanks all!!

Edited by SamDrew

It looks kinda like the molten plastic they injected never got around to dripping down the whole mold.

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me, too. You may have something somewhat valuable here. 

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Values for these things are tough to judge until they're sold. Mismoulds are not generally terribly valuable; misprints and prototypes are always worth a lot more. Unfortunately, as cool as a Miru with a chunk missing is, it probably wouldn't sell for much.

-Letagi