Who is the most Overrated Bionicle Character?

Toa o Uria

I think it ends up going to Mata Nui. Hate me all you want for this, but I feel that he would've been better as just a humble Glatorian, kinda like Velika, if you get what I'm going for.

Velika wasn't very humble. Still, I think you were going for the idea that he would keep his identity a secret and try to blend in? That's kinda hard when you fell out of the sky in a big flashy comet and punched a hole in the ground. 

Gali.

You can never trust someone that everyone likes...

But in all seriousness, probably not Tahu. The growth of his character throughout the original Mata Nui arc was interesting and fairly well fleshed out as he learned to accept the responsibility of his role, recognize the importance of the team as a whole, and stave the ever-present impulsiveness of his soul.

And yes, I did intend for that to rhyme.

Mic drop.

Edited by ~Po~
  • Upvote 1

I think it ends up going to Mata Nui. Hate me all you want for this, but I feel that he would've been better as just a humble Glatorian, kinda like Velika, if you get what I'm going for.

Velika wasn't very humble. Still, I think you were going for the idea that he would keep his identity a secret and try to blend in? That's kinda hard when you fell out of the sky in a big flashy comet and punched a hole in the ground. 

Yes, that's more of what I meant - I wanted him to either stay an untouchable God, or stay on the level of the Glatorian. But for the 'flashy comet part'... he didn't need to fall out of the sky like that. Plus, the only one who saw that were the Scarabax and Metus. 

Somehow, I don't think Mata Nui would trust Metus to keep his mouth shut about that. It's not like he had any money to bribe him with.

In addition, Mata Nui had nothing to hide from anyone on Bara Magna. Makuta was a whole world away, so any of the Glatorian could only help. And he did make the right decision - otherwise the Makuta would have killed them all. Sometimes it pays to tell the truth.

In-Universe: A tie between all the Great Beings the way the story turned out.

By Greg: "Teridax" from 2007-onward, the Dark Hunters, and the OoMN

By the fans: If what people are saying about the reaction to his death is true, Matoro. Otherwise I honestly have no idea.

By Lego: Takanuva (alas, I'm quite fond of him) thanks to the 2006-onward storyline unnecessarily overriding what was supposed to be the point where Makuta got defeated and Mata Nui awakened (and that would be the point I stopped really following the story beyond what the Lego Catalog said).

Regarding Roodaka, it didn't seem like she was redeemed so much as she wound up having to work for the heroes in exchange for protection because both villain factions were mad at her. Granted, I haven't read the actual story where it happened, just the relevant wiki pages.

Regarding Roodaka, it didn't seem like she was redeemed so much as she wound up having to work for the heroes in exchange for protection because both villain factions were mad at her. Granted, I haven't read the actual story where it happened, just the relevant wiki pages.

well, that's probably because by that point in th story, it was assumed roodaka had died to release teridax but, nope, gotta have that walking, talking, morally grey fem-fatale trope!

(morally-grey fem-fatale trope is how she got so gosh-darn over-rated. :t)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

well, that's probably because by that point in th story, it was assumed roodaka had died to release teridax but, nope, gotta have that walking, talking, morally grey fem-fatale trope!

(morally-grey fem-fatale trope is how she got so gosh-darn over-rated. :t)

If she was actually written as a morally-gray fatale and that's not just certain fans seeing what they want to see, then shame on Greg.

Reading the wiki pages about it, it just seems like she was simply a villain on a leash.