Facts On the Faxon

Alyska

Questions about the gloriously overpowered Kanohi Faxon...

1. What counts as the user's general area? Is it where they currently are, or where they are from/adapted for?

2. Can only non-sentient animals be copied? Can terrestrial users copy the powers of other Toa? Does being organic/artificial make any difference?

3. The creature does not need to be present, you just need to know it exists. How well do you have to know it, though? Would "I once heard about this thingy that does this, so I'm gonna do the thing too" suffice? Do you need to know its name? Have seen one in real life? Even have a specific creature in mind? 

4. Given the number of creatures that have flying as a "power"... is Kongu likely to regret making disparaging comments about Hahli's wing-fins anytime soon?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

1) Not area, enviroment: a Great Faxon allows the user to mimic the powers of rahi that share the same general enviroment the user is currently in. Some examples of general enviroments are water, land, and sky. A Noble Faxon allows the user to mimic the powers of rahi in the specific enviroment the user is currently in. Some examples of specific enviroments are deserts, swamps, and mountains.

2) Sentient beings can be mimicked, but Toa cannot. The requirement is that what is being mimicked must be a rahi.

3) A name is not necessary to use the Faxon, but I believe that if used, a name would suffice (providing the rahi existed). If you don't have a name for the rahi, then a good mental image or seeing the rahi in front of you will work. What counts as a good mental image is simply enough detail to distinguish the rahi from other rahi in that enviroment.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, in order to use Faxon, the rahi being mimicked must be from the enviroment the user is currently in, not just present in that enviroment.

Edited by RahiSpeak
  • Upvote 1

Ah- thank you! So, if it's Rahi, that means literally anything created by a Makuta, right? (Assuming it wasn't "created" from an existing creature.) And it would exclude natural animals.

...Wait... does that mean it grants access to potentially all of the Rahkshi powers? That's pretty OP.

It's kinda weird to think of Rahi being "from" a particular place when they all come "from" a vat of viruses in a Makuta cave. Some of them are designed to live in a particular area, but there are probably Rahi that can be considered part of all three main environments, and some "failed" experiments that don't really belong anywhere.

I'm also wondering whether the mask differentiates between a "power" and a physical adaptation. Like, in the case of flight, does it allow you to copy creatures that achieve mechanical flight by having large wings and a lightweight body structure, or would it only work if the creature was using some sort of power (levitation, magnetism, gravity manipulation, etc) to fly?

1. I'd say it's the general area, if you came from a place with no rahi/harmless rahi, then the mask would be useless. 

Yes, only non-sentient rahi can be copied. I'm sure that only organic creatures could only be copied.

Anything that depicts the rahi could be used, like a carving or mental image.

Maybe after seeing two non toa of air with the ability to fly, he would be inclined to feel that he should be able to fly without a rahi. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Ah- thank you! So, if it's Rahi, that means literally anything created by a Makuta, right? (Assuming it wasn't "created" from an existing creature.) And it would exclude natural animals.

...Wait... does that mean it grants access to potentially all of the Rahkshi powers? That's pretty OP.

It's kinda weird to think of Rahi being "from" a particular place when they all come "from" a vat of viruses in a Makuta cave. Some of them are designed to live in a particular area, but there are probably Rahi that can be considered part of all three main environments, and some "failed" experiments that don't really belong anywhere.

I'm also wondering whether the mask differentiates between a "power" and a physical adaptation. Like, in the case of flight, does it allow you to copy creatures that achieve mechanical flight by having large wings and a lightweight body structure, or would it only work if the creature was using some sort of power (levitation, magnetism, gravity manipulation, etc) to fly?

Not just anything created by Makuta can be mimicked, only rahi. In example, rahkshi are not considered rahi and cannot be mimicked by Faxon. While a clear distinction between rahkshi and rahi, as far as I am aware, has not been made, I have noticed that rahi are made by use of viruses and energized protodermis while kraata are pulled directly from a Makuta's antidermis, thus a possible distinction. As a side note, not all rahi were created by Makuta: some were created by the Great Beings and other groups.

Did I say from? I meant the enviroment they were made for.

According to BS01 (search "powers"), physical adaptations are not considered powers: powers are not physically apparent. It does not explicitly state this, but none of the listed powers have any sort of physical distinction.

Edited by RahiSpeak

All the facts on the Faxon I could dig up:

May 30 2007, 02:33 PM 

2) Does the Faxon's power extend to growing/mutating new limbs? For instance, could Hahli or Lesovikk grow the tentacles of a Giant Squid? 

2) Nope 

Jun 17 2007, 01:34 PM

3. Can be a Zatth be paired with a Faxon, Mask of Kindred, to get the best results? If so does that mean that Hahli and Kongu may travel together?

3) Not really. Hahli's mask lets her take on the powers of sea creatures, she doesn't have to be in the presence of those creatures to do so.

Aug 8 2007, 11:31 AM

2) Does a user of the Kanohi Faxon have to actually have seen the Rahi whose powers (s)he has to copy? Or does (s)he just have to know about it?

2) Know about it

Aug 11 2007, 09:49 AM

7. Can Hahli use her Faxon to use Nocturn or Ehlek (since Ehlek originally was a sea creature)'s 

7) Nocturn's only power is his strength, and that's not really the kind of power I am letting her use. She could use Ehlek's power, because it the same power as an electric eel 

Aug 20 2007, 05:38 PM

3: Using the Faxon, one could use the powers of Spinax to locate anything, correct?

3) No. Spinax can track living energy. If you were looking for, say, the Spear of Fusion, it's not alive and has no living energy, so Spinax wouldn't be able to find it. 

9: So, then I assume you could use the Faxon to use Spinax's ability to track living things? 

9) Probably, yes

Aug 21 2007, 04:09 PM

3. Did Lesovikk where a Faxonn before he was mutated?  

4. Can a Faxonn copy on land Rahi's pwers also? 

3) Yes  

4) If you are on land when using it, yes 

Sep 28 2007, 07:09 PM

Bioniclestory.com describes the Kanohi Faxon's power as:  

Mask of Kindred- allows the user to duplicate the powers of Rahi beasts that share the same environment.

Now, I have taken this definition literally, so I believe that Hahli is able to duplicate the powers of sea Rahi due to the fact that she is underwater, and that if she were to switch with, say, Jaller, he would be able to use the powers of sea Rahi as well, though he would be more limited since he has less knowledge of sea creatures.  

However, some other members believe that the Faxon grants the user powers of Rahi who are similar to them, in the sense that they share the same powers. Therefore, they believe that Hahli is able to use the powers of sea Rahi because of her ability to manipulate water, and if she were to trade with Jaller he would have the powers of, say, the Kanohi Dragon, because he is a Toa of Fire, despite the fact that he is currently in the ocean.

Which definition is correct?

The first one is correct. "Environment" means environment, not element

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 4 2007, 02:10 AM

4- Does the faxon only allows copying with rahi that shares the same environment with the user?

4) Yes 

Dec 27 2007, 03:52 PM

2) When you say that the Kanohi Faxon can be used to copy the rahi in your eviornment, do you mean Rahi that could comfortably share the same eviornment as they are in currently ?  

3) If the answers to numbers 1 and 2 are yes, could Lesovikk, in theory, jump out of the water, then use his Faxon to copy a land creature's ability to breathe air before he died?  

2) Yes.  

3) No, because the Faxon does not allow you to copy basic abilities like air-breathing. It allows you to copy powers, so it might be an electric eel's charge, or another creature's chameleon ability.

Dec 28 2007, 10:58 PM

2: Can a wearer of a Faxon keep the powers he/she copies? Or do the powers only last a limited period of time?

2) Limited period of time

Dec 30 2007, 07:46 PM

2) If there was a frog-like rahi that had a water pouch under its chin, would Hahli or Lesovikk be able to jump out of the water and copy this to breathe?

2) No. The ability to breathe is not a power, and that is what the Faxon copies.

Jan 12 2008, 06:59 AM

2)Can the kanohi faxon copy mask powers? 

2) No

Jan 26 2008, 01:57 PM

2.) What do you see as the differences between a Great and Noble Faxon?

2) Duration of the power

Feb 28 2008, 07:38 PM

1. Hahli is on land now and she has the Faxon. She can take the powers of land animals...Can she take the powers of amphibious, sea (Like the anti-poison Rahi she used to not get poisoned by Mantax) or flying animals (Like Lohrak)? 

2. How fast can she take powers? Can she switch powers in a second? 

3. Could she be counted as one of the strongest Toa in terms of mask power? She's in Metru Nui and there are the archives with so many Rahi she could study (Which I presume was fixed by the Staff or Artakha). Could she take the powers of a phase dragon to speed quickly through an enemy then take the strength of a Tahtorak to smash her foe? And many Rahi have the equivalent of mask powers, so technically, she has multiple "mask powers", right? 

1) No, just land-walkers. 
2) She can switch powers fairly rapidly 
3) I would say it definitely makes her formidable 

5. What are the requirements for a Faxon? Does the user need to know about the Rahi or just have seen it? For example, could Hahli take on the powers of the Crystal Serpents? 

5) She would have to know what power it is she wants to take. And the crystal serpent's ability isn't really a power, it's a natural tool that is a result of their crystalline structure. The mask is not going to change Hahli to crystal, it doesn't work that way.

4) Or can a Faxon wearer (Hahli again for the sake of clarity) reverse the powers of a Rahi? 

4) No

Mar 5 2008, 04:40 PM

7.)Could Lesovikk copy takadox's hypnosis thing with his Faxon? 

7) I would say no, because Takadox is not a Rahi.

Mar 19 2008, 07:27 PM

5) With regard to the Kanohi Faxon, what is the difference between a power and a natural ability?

5) Basically, a power would be something like laser vision or electric bolts .. a natural ability would be size or breathing or the ability to see.

Apr 30 2008, 12:58 PM

2) You said a while back Matoran would count Kraata as Rahi... So could a Faxon wearer copy Kraata powers (albeit probably with less control/power)?

2) Interesting question. I'd have to think about it.

May 2 2008, 08:59 AM 

4) Someone in the OGD asked you if a faxon could copy a kraatas power, since matoran classify them as rahi, and you said you had to think about that. Now I was wondering, have you thought about it, ot haven't you had time? 
4a) Since matoran classify the Bahrag as rahi too, could the faxon copy their power too? 

4) Too many PMs, so haven't had time to think about it

-------------------------

May 3 2008, 11:14 AM

4.Could a Faxon-wearer duplicate the powers of: 
A. an Energy Hound? (tracking) 
B. a Fenrakk? (acid spit) 
C. Krana and/or the Krana/Kraata thing? 
D. the Bahrag? 
E. a Fireflyer? (burning bites) 
F. Some of the First Rahi? 
G. a Gate Guardian? 
H. Visorak? 
I. Kardas? 
J. Keetongu? 
K. Krahka? 
L. the Rahi Nui or Zivon? 

4) Krana, kraata and Bahrag are not Rahi, so they don't count. As for the rest, the Faxon lets you duplicate powers, but not natural abilities, and it won't let you change your size, etc.  

May 3 2008, 06:59 PM

4) The krana, Kraata and krana are considered by matoran as rahi, that doesnt means a faxon wearer can mimic their power, is this correct.

4) How the Matoran see them isn't important in this instance, because they aren't Rahi.

May 5 2008, 11:03 AM

2a could there be a nuva kadin,faxon,jultin etc? 

2a) If the mask is destined to be transformed and not destroyed by EP, and is exposed to it, yes

May 5 2008, 04:56 PM

1.) If someone uses the Faxon, if you were on Voya Nui, can you only copy the powers of rahi in the imediate area, (like the jungle) or can you copy rahi powers from the whole island from where you are? 

1) You can copy the powers of any land animal you know of. 

5.)Can the Faxon copy things like the strength of an ash bear? Or can it only do powers like lava rats power to burst into flame, etc...

5) Strength is a natural ability, it's not a power.

May 25 2008, 04:12 PM

11. Could a Faxon wearer copy Krahka's shapeshifting ability?

11) I would say no, it's a natural ability, not a power.

Jun 17 2008, 01:54 PM

1. Couldn't a Faxon user get all of the Kanoka disk powers (copying the Rahi Nui)? 
2. Do any Makuta wear a Faxon? It would make sense because they make Rahi and therefore have the most knowledge about Rahi powers. 
3. Would a noble Faxon give the wearer control of Rahi powers in just that environment? For example, in the desert, they would get a desert Rahi power.

1) If he was aware of Rahi Nui, yes, but not that many people are 
2) No 
3) Yes 

Jun 30 2008, 02:52 PM

2.)You've said a Faxon user could use the Rahi Nui's powers, is it safe to asume they need to touch what they want to freeze/repair/etc? 

2b.)Would A Faxon user have to actualy see a Rahi to use its powers? Or could someone just tell them about a Rahi's power to use it? Would they have too see all of the Rahi?  

3.)Could a faxon user use Krahka's powers? 

4.)Could a Faxon user use rahi's spinner powers? Could they do it if they had something like the Hagah's Rhotuka launching shield? 

1-2) No. A disk needs to make contact to do what it does -- Rahi Nui is not a giant Kanoka disk. Kopaka has the ability to freeze people too, but he doesn't need to touch them to do it, right? 

2b) He would have to know of them. 

3) Within limits. The Faxon does not allow you to change your body's mass, so you couldn't change size the way Krahka can. 
4) No. Rhotuka spinners are keyed to your individual energy, so you cannot duplicate someone else's spinner power.

Aug 7 2008, 03:58 PM

1. What does the Faxon classify as a Rahi? 
1a. Is it based upon the lack of a light/shadow balance or strength of mind? 

2. A Faxon wearer would be able to mimic Krahka's power, correct? 

1) Anything we classify as a Rahi it classifies as a Rahi 
2) Depends on if her mimickry is a power or a natural ability

Sep 13 2008, 11:35 PM

4)If a Faxon user copies the power of klakk, will the Toa need to know the correct sequence and how long does it takes?

4) Would have to get the frequency correct, yes, but no one in Karda Nui has a Faxon, so it's irrelevant

May 4 2010, 02:09 PM

15.-can a Faxon copy the powers of a Rothuka spinner? 

15) No

Questions about the gloriously overpowered Kanohi Faxon...

1. What counts as the user's general area? Is it where they currently are, or where they are from/adapted for?

2. Can only non-sentient animals be copied? Can terrestrial users copy the powers of other Toa? Does being organic/artificial make any difference?

3. The creature does not need to be present, you just need to know it exists. How well do you have to know it, though? Would "I once heard about this thingy that does this, so I'm gonna do the thing too" suffice? Do you need to know its name? Have seen one in real life? Even have a specific creature in mind? 

4. Given the number of creatures that have flying as a "power"... is Kongu likely to regret making disparaging comments about Hahli's wing-fins anytime soon?

1. It appears to be a land/sea/flying distinction. 
2. No, it just has to be a Rahi. No. That question was never asked, apparently, so it's still an open question. Maybe the LMB has an answer. 
3. I'm not sure. The answers are pretty vague. 
4. Since she can only mimic the powers of land Rahi... :shrugs: 

No.

Yes, and it would only work with the latter.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for finding all that, Fishers.

So, a Rahi is probably anything made primarily from Makuta viruses, Hahli can use all the powers of the Rahi Nui as ranged attacks (she was the one writing down some of the chronicles about it, so she definitely knows what it can do), and flight is possible only if there's a primarily-terrestrial Rahi that has the power to fly, but doesn't do so by use of any physical characteristics.

Hmmm... I remember hearing something about that quite recently... A creature that spent most of its time crawling in mud and wallowing in swamps would probably count as both terrestrial and aquatic, would it not? Even if said creature happened to have the ability to fly...

Kongu: Oh, look, now Hahli's flying. Because of course she is. Everybody's wind-flying these days. Never mind the fact that those wing-fins shouldn't be able to provide lift, and she doesn't have air powers, or adaptive armour, or a mask of flight, or even levitation. Yes, go ahead, Hahli, just quick-break all the laws of physics, I'm sure the universe won't mind... Seriously, Hahli, how are you even doing that?

Hahli: Shore turtles, mate.

Kongu: What.

• Upvote 2

Kongu: Oh, look, now Hahli's flying. Because of course she is. Everybody's wind-flying these days. Never mind the fact that those wing-fins shouldn't be able to provide lift, and she doesn't have air powers, or adaptive armour, or a mask of flight, or even levitation. Yes, go ahead, Hahli, just quick-break all the laws of physics, I'm sure the universe won't mind... Seriously, Hahli, how are you even doing that?

Hahli: Shore turtles, mate.

Kongu: What.

Poor Kongu; the Le-Toa who couldn't fly. He just has to stick to watching Hahli and Nuparu do it! 

• Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Though, given that he has the Mask of Summon Random Animal, I wouldn't put it past him to switch to a Mask of Flight or Levitation. Rather have a predictable mask power than "Summon Bigger Fish" spells.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yeah, I wonder about the availability of powered Kanohi on Spherus Magna- whether they got a furnace up and running, and whether there are many trained Matoran around to make them. Also whether Suvas can be built. Though, it might be more the fact that Kongu never had Toa tools that were suited to flying- Lewa never really flew until he got his Air Katana, whereas Matau was able to get airborne with his aero slicers within a few minutes of becoming a Toa (though steering required some practice). Kongu's only got the Cordak blasters, which aren't much use here.

Back to the main topic, I am still cackling over the fact that Greg gave the ok to copying the Rahi Nui, reasoning that it was irrelevant given that hardly anyone knew of the creature...probably forgetting that he'd given the mask to the one Toa in that year's storyline who *definitely* knew all about it. Hahli was pretty formidable in the ocean, but her potential powers on land are insane.

Actually, you know what? Lesovikk encountered the Rahi Nui at some point too. Lesovikk's much more experienced in battle than Hahli, too, and he's willing to kill enemies, so that's actually pretty terrifying.

• Upvote 1