Toa Of Error?(Air)

Aldian

Yes, air and error sound very similar, but that's not my reasoning for posting this topic. It just a cool way to add relevance to the topic. :P Anyway, onto my point. Now, I'm not sure if it's just coincidental, or there is some link between them, but I have noticed something. I was thinking about about all the toa that have defected and I realized something. Most of those who've defected are toa of air.Spinner, toa of air - defected.Nihdiki, toa of air - defected.Hey, even Lewa defected, albeit from a Krana, and only temporarily.Originally Matau was even planned to defect, as opposed to Vakama doing so.To reiterate, I'm not saying they're linked, they can just be coincidental. But, it doesn't make this question invalid; Is it all linked? Do Toa of air have a disposition, or maybe a programming error, that might make them more susceptible to defecting?I remember giving a theory in the Powers that Be topic, about who I might think the murderer is; Iruini, a toa of air. Granted, I can be wrong, but a few things I've pointed out might make him a candidate. Should we expect more Toa of Air to defect?Anyway, I can just be over thinking it and it could just be coincidental. But it is, nonetheless, odd. Thoughts?

I think it's just in their nature. After all, it's easy to pollute air.That's not why, though. I think it's because Toa of Air have a disposition to be reckless and make the wrong choices, which can lead to corruption.

Wrecklessness, yes. Beings of different elements have different personalities. In this case, air might be susceptible to making the wrong choices. Lewa didn't have a choice really, even if he did change sides twice for infected kanohi and krana. But that could have happened to any Toa.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Not to mention Lesovikk, who is suspected to have killed two beings already. Lewa also defected via infected Kanohi in MNOG. Iruini left the Toa Hagah at some point (no betrayal, but still). Kongu fell to the victim of the Skakdi fusion (though so did the rest of the Mahri).Toa of Air are all doomed.

Osaatko lukea tämän?

Going by the Standard Personality Traits of fiction, characters associated with air are often less cautious and more likely to shift allegiances or bend rules as necessary. Presumably that just bled over into the storyline here.(Also, Lewa just seems to have the worst luck of anyone in the universe.)

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I don't think it's because of any programming error, it's just because of their disposition. Generally, all of the air beings were fun-loving and joking, but also vain and impacient and implusive. That disposition allowed for them to manipulated to evil ends.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Well, there -have- been other instances, esp. Fire. But less so, admittedly.I think Lewa has something unique going on here. (Actually it's something I'm portraying in my current fanfic, Endless Blue, in which Lewa is a main character.) Basically his carefree attitude, and also from our real-world perspective a recurring theme on LEGO's part. Infected Mask, Krana, Tren Krom. I would liken it to many similar examples in LOST where seemingly beyond the character's control or fault, events seem to conspire to force them to face many similar challenges (like Locke often losing control of his legs or Sayid facing torture or the temptation to do so). It gives the storyteller a tool to put characters in the situations where they are personally most interesting.As for the other Air Toa, part of it could simply be LEGO extending that recurring theme as a nostalgic nod towards fans. But I think the tendency to be careless as others said is also a factor. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, I had thought of Lesovikk, considering he is another potential Toa of air to defect. But, I just don't think he is, so I didn't put him down. I mean, he had a motive against Karzahni, but Tren Krom, he didn't. Just one reason why I don't think it is him.

But I think the tendency to be careless as others said is also a factor.

Possible, I guess. In BIONICLE, each personality does seem to have their own set traits. Like Air element is a good example, Lewa, Kongu, etc. All kind of that free spirited. Not to mention a lot of air wielders' share treespeak.

Toa of Air are all doomed.

Possibly.. let's hope it's not the case, though. For, if my theory on Iruini is the murderer is correct, it just might further this whole conundrum. Plus, I like Iruini - it would suck if I was correct... :P

I find this an interesting question. But there's one other thing to consider: what about every Toa that has ever existed? We only know of some Toa of Air that have defected, but we don't know how many others of different elements have done so as well.But these are some good points to make note of. Toa of Air are usually more carefree, and reckless, meaning that they have that as a weakness. I have a Toa of Air in my epic, When the Month Ends, named Korahn, and he serves as the primary antagonist, for some of these same reasons. He jumps to conclusions and makes an enemy out of characters who never did him or anyone wrong. He just goes off before thinking and it leads him down the wrong path, as I assume it does for many Toa of Air.Just look at what has happened to Lewa thus far.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 4 weeks later...

it is a interesting pattern that many toa of air have defected. and about your iruini statement if i remember correctly he left the toa hagah for a while and only came back when they needed his help. Maybe it's one of those curses. " Alright which toa of air touched the ignika? be honest was it you lewa?" " No kongu did it." " No i didnt"Sorry my mind trailed off. but it is certainly interesting maybe greg could shed some light.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.