Is This Ocd?

TOAOFCOMEDY

Um, yeah, I have OCD, ad it's kind of screwing around with my life really badly. Anyway, it's kind of tied into my LEGO hobby in a few ways, and I was wondering what is OCD and what is not. If you wouldn't mind, I would like anyone reading this to please tell me what is OCD and what is not of the following (please keep in mind I am in some sense a collector):-Not wanting pieces from one set to get mixed up with another set's pieces (i.e, wanting every set to be built from pieces out of the box. As you must imagine, this really limits MoCing, forcing me to use just my older brother's collection, which he doesn't mind me using cause he never touches them anymore.-strongly wanting every set I buy to be first-hand material, despite opening the contents of the set anyway (this means going so far as to spend 130 dollars on a mint-condition-straight-from-the-factory-set which I could buy off of my brother in great condition for just 20-40 dollars).-Not wanting to shoot weapons of bionicles at other bionicles due to fear of denting.

Perhaps it would be best for this to go in COT, you know.I´m no psychologist, but those things are certainly not normal behavior. However, wanting to keep your set´s pieces seperate, and the whole MISB obsession, don´t seem harmful, except for your wallet.

Edited by Waffles

The first and second sound like symptoms of OCD. Anent the third item listed, that doesn't sound like OCD to me. (I'm not ruling out that it could be a manifestation of OCD, though.) I rarely shoot fireable weapons, but I have fired them at sets enough to know that ABS plastic is resistant to denting/cracking under the pressure of a Zamor or Cordak blaster.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, I totally have that first symptom myself... I MOC with my brother's HF, though, but before he takes them apart I take, like, 20 pics of it so I keep the memories and that... I'd say it's mild OCD, but nothing more.I don't mind getting second-hand sets, as long as they have all the pieces and they aren't nibbled to bits by a cat or anything.Lastly, I don't usually fire weapons. Not because of damage, but because I don't want to lose the ammo.Nah, don't worry about any of this, there are plenty of fans like us and I don't know one that has a problem with it.This should be in 'Completely Off Topic', BTW.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

I usually try to keep a sets pieces separate, but my will for MOCing is stronger, and I eventually end up taking them apart. Believe I still have parts of Malum separated though, that's my longest running attempt to separate.I don't see a particulary problem with wanting factory fresh sets either, it depends how much you value money of quality and past usage...Not shooting at other Bionicles sounds a bit odd, the projectiles are designed to be very weak, and designed to be shot at sets, hence the glatorian game with the score wheels in '09. I can see where you're coming from with Zamors and Midaks, but stuff like squid ammo? I hope you don't worry about causing denting with squid ammo,they're so shock absorbant, and aside from anything else they're impossible to fire accurately :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

The first one, yeah, I'm like that sometimes, but not all the time.As for the third, I never fire projectiles simply because it is so easy for them to get lost in my house.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

You can be compulsive without being OCD. If you are genuinely afraid that something bad will happen to you if you do not buy first-hand sets, or keep your set pieces segregated, then they may show potential for OCD behaviour.None of the cases you have posted explicitly show you have OCD-specific behaviour on their own.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

OCD is a psychological disorder that usually focuses on things such as neatness and a completely organized system, and to obsess on the aforementioned. As in, it'd be like if you had your shoes completely ordered in one area, and if anybody nudged them the slightest bit, you'd jump over and fix them without and hesitation. So, seperating your pieces from different sets is a slightly organized system, and if you obsess on doing this every time you take a set apart, then in that respect, you probably do have OCD. Everything has to be a system for you, and if it's ruined the slightest, you'll go to the trouble of fixing it, if I'm not mistaken.First-hand sets is another sign of OCD. You want something that is completely neat and new, without even an atom-sized amount of dust on it. If you tend to obsess on following this procedure every time you buy a set, then you definitely have a problem.What I recommend you do: With the problem about sets, you do need to consider how much money it's costing you every time you follow this system you've created for yourself. You spend more and more money that could be saved by about $70 if you simply just bought it as you saw it. If you keep on following this pattern, you're going to lose more and more money from doing this. It's not like it will be terrible without buying a fresh-factory set - it'll be the same experience, and you'll be richer when you buy it than how much money you'd spend going to all the trouble of a factory-fresh set.Still, I say you have OCD, and you might need to fix these habits. The worse it gets, the worse it will alter your lifestyle - you can't let it overwhelm you. You'll save a lot more money if you just buy it as you see it, and you'll have less time spent. Remember, time is money. ;) EDIT: Another sign of OCD having to do with Bionicle is having all the pins turned in a certain direction, not mixing the parts up and when you build it and take it apart you have to use the exact same pieces you had on it when you started, no different part on one side mixed up with another.

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

i'm not even sure what OCD is, but for some reason, i have to have all my HF MOCs taken apart and in their original forms by the time i go to bed. mainly because for some reason, i like to look at them while i fall asleep.

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

Um, yeah, I have OCD, ad it's kind of screwing around with my life really badly. Anyway, it's kind of tied into my LEGO hobby in a few ways, and I was wondering what is OCD and what is not. If you wouldn't mind, I would like anyone reading this to please tell me what is OCD and what is not of the following (please keep in mind I am in some sense a collector):-Not wanting pieces from one set to get mixed up with another set's pieces (i.e, wanting every set to be built from pieces out of the box. As you must imagine, this really limits MoCing, forcing me to use just my older brother's collection, which he doesn't mind me using cause he never touches them anymore.-strongly wanting every set I buy to be first-hand material, despite opening the contents of the set anyway (this means going so far as to spend 130 dollars on a mint-condition-straight-from-the-factory-set which I could buy off of my brother in great condition for just 20-40 dollars).-Not wanting to shoot weapons of bionicles at other bionicles due to fear of denting.

The first one and second one are fine, because that happens to me, and I'm not OCD. At least, I don't think I am...But the last one is going just a little too far. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

i'm not even sure what OCD is, but for some reason, i have to have all my HF MOCs taken apart and in their original forms by the time i go to bed. mainly because for some reason, i like to look at them while i fall asleep.

OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder, which was explained in Peach 00's post above you.But anyway, TOAOFCOMEDY, you PROBABLY have OCD, seeing that BIONICLE projectiles are too weak to do too much damage to sets, so obsessing over that isn't really logical. I mean, the Barraki squids were so SQUISHY. Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord

Hey, it's me again. Um, just to clear things up, I'm not asking for help with my OCD- I'm already doing treatment and stuff. it's just that I wanted to know which of those things are logical and which are not to help me enjoy my hobby, not to help me fight my obsessions; thanks for the advice about that anyway, though.Also, I kind of already have as many answers as I want, so would someone please close this?