Techna Network Relay

Legolover-361

Shot at. The capabilities of a player to avoid their character being assassinated never cease to amaze.Of course, otherwise we'd be dying left and right.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Come down to Implant Your Cash! and purchase the new L-Z3 Spatula Implant. Simply will it, and a spatula pops out. Perfect for grilling, frying, and cleaning up dead finances.Hey Legolover, what's the standard currency of Techna-Nui? I mean, I keep having to improvise on giving an equivalence to US currency. And don't say credits, because it's always credits and credits are the lamest currency name ever. Sorry George.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Alright, but I'm assuming only Toa of Data can manipulate programs and the like on the net.

Toa of Data can give programs orders without having to use a graphical interface, because a Toa of Data can manipulate (you guessed it!) data. Of course, they can't go breaking through firewalls or accessing databases beyond their security clearance without interference. A Toa of Data can even project his or her personality into the network and thus navigate the 'net. Edited by Legolover-361

Alright, but I'm assuming only Toa of Data can manipulate programs and the like on the net.

Toa of Data can give programs orders without having to use a graphical interface, because a Toa of Data can manipulate (you guessed it!) data. Of course, they can't go breaking through firewalls or accessing databases beyond their security clearance without interference. A Toa of Data can even project his or her personality into the network and thus navigate the 'net.
Okay I think I'm finally getting a handle on the powers of a Toa of Data, I also have another quick question, can PCs own Motorcycles?

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Lev: Well, me, Darkon, and Emissary seem to be improvising and saying it's Widgets, but who knows, until LL says so. =P

I vote widgets! Just to make sure we don't stray too far from BIONICLE on our massive spaceship. :P-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Okay I think I'm finally getting a handle on the powers of a Toa of Data, I also have another quick question, can PCs own Motorcycles?

I'd prefer most PCs not own personal vehicles (after all, hover-taxis are absurdly easy to flag down, and a transport chute system is also in place), but seeing as characters are allowed weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say a character can have his or her own personal ride. Just don't make it any better than a motorcycle, 'kay?

Lev: Well, me, Darkon, and Emissary seem to be improvising and saying it's Widgets, but who knows, until LL says so. =P

I vote widgets! Just to make sure we don't stray too far from BIONICLE on our massive spaceship. :P-Shyyrn
I vote widgets, too! LL had better......oh. :PConsider widgets Techna's official currency. Widgets are too interesting to throw away, lol.

I'd prefer most PCs not own personal vehicles (after all, hover-taxis are absurdly easy to flag down, and a transport chute system is also in place), but seeing as characters are allowed weapons, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say a character can have his or her own personal ride. Just don't make it any better than a motorcycle, 'kay?
Sweet, my character is so building/buying a motorcycle first chance I get.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Hah, rowing a boat through town is way better than flying, parkour, motorcycles, and flying on a bird.

But that isn't what I wanted to mention.

Has anyone had the idea of having a character run a sort of pawn shop yet?

If they have, then I don't want to cause them any competition.

But if no one has yet...

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Has anyone had the idea of having a character run a sort of pawn shop yet? If they have, then I don't want to cause them any competition.But if no one has yet...

Muahahhahahaha...No, they haven't. I've gone through all the characters searching to see who I can torment/sic the assassin on. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Dark Chronicler, be advised that if you insist on calling the location Little Shop of Horrors, I am expecting a talking carnivorous plant, a dentist on a motorbike, and a 3-woman chorus. :P-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

Listen up, fellow rpers. I've made my new character Volin and he owns a shop which sells a bunch of robotic/mechanical parts, implants and weapons. By parts I mean everything ranging from tiny bolts to robotic limbs and organs. He also takes requests for the creation of an object within reason.So for those of you who want something constructed and you have the money, drop into his workshop. If he's not there, I'll have to rp as an employee. Speaking of employees, he's hiring :P

I was going to open the Wing Kong Exchange, but I decided that these four would do.It'll be big enough trouble dealing with these four, and Rinnder, Swuiop, and Thuiop are hardly the Three Storms.EDIT: TWO shops. Ooh.... that's RPing for at least a week.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I'm worried. it's been an hour and it still has 666 replies on the main topic.I officially declare that this RPG is under a curse. I will attempt an exorcism. Get me the pea soup.

I suppose you can't transport a half-dead psychopathic Hacker to prison in a taxi, can you? :P

Though I just want to point out that it's more logical than a motorcycle. At least in the taxi you can kill the hacker if they attack.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

It is now 667. Spiritual crisis averted. Order the pea soup to stand down and return to its barracks, and help itself to 3 days' leave.-Shyyrn

Sorry to bring up the topic of vehicles again, but can we have a hoverboard? :begging:

Er... I have to say no, as hoverboards would increase air traffic in Techna, and I doubt a lot of characters in Techna are good pilots. :P

Question: is the Science Tower also a testing facility or just a manufacturing plant? Because I've got an obsession with Portal 2 and I feel like making a Cave Johnson character XD

Yes, it includes a testing facility. No, it has no Cave Johnson-style voice announcer, nor any need for one; sorry. :P

Sorry to bring up the topic of vehicles again, but can we have a hoverboard? :begging:

"News reports today claim hooded youth's have taken to the air with hoverbaords, with this falling from great heights and getting crushed by young matoran have become the number one causes of death in Techna"

"News reports today claim hooded youth's have taken to the air with hoverbaords, with this falling from great heights and getting crushed by young matoran have become the number one causes of death in Techna"
Can I be a hooded youth?

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Can I be a hooded youth?
XDA note to all would-be hackers: As Game Master, I control Techna's network. I'm grateful that players have been giving their hacking a chance to fail, because Techna has a ton of security countermeasures against hackers. It's actually pretty fun writing how the network rejects hacking attempts. Techna's network isn't infallible, definitely not, but it is very well-guarded and monitored by the Toa Techna (and a very select group of secret NPC Matoran), so you guys will have to come up with ingenious ways to get around the security.Yep, I'm squeezing you guys like toothpaste bottles to get all the creativity out. ^_^ Edited by Legolover-361