Epoch Of Despair: Discussion Topic

EmperorWhenua

I'm actually pretty surprised. Usually by now all of the RPG's would have at least three pages.And yes, I realize it's only be a few hours. :PIt's always good to catch it at the beginning. That way you're not going, "Wait... what?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Due to some confusion with the recruiting standards of the Disciples of Calibran, one profile wasn't accepted right off the bat because it was an Es[per]-Matoran. However, the player and I worked something out. Matoran of Psionics are now considered residents of the City of Stone and share the city with their Po- kin, and as such are eligible for membership in the Disciples.

So, my character, the explorer Byrn, is currently making his way through Ko-Wahi and is planning to explore an abandoned monastery with possible treasure inside.Is this alright, EW? I'm not planning on having him find anything important, just to root around and fight off Rahi.-Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

That's fine. Half the fun is creating the setting of the island. There are bound to be many temples, shrines and monasteries around, and so long as you don't assume too much and find some gamebreaking or -making device or tool yet, it's all cool.

Thanks. And does this mean I'm in charge of my own traps and Rahi adversaries?-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

To be fair, xccj's character is en route to Ta-Koro, so he's probably not joining me in my exploration. I'm just pulling him over to chat and extend the offer to him. :P-Shyyrn

EW how industrialized is this version Ta-Koro?

Well, it's not a version of Ta-Koro as much as it is a version of Ta-Anything, lol. However, keeping in mind that places in Kini Karda are not what we're used to seeing, the City of Fire isn't very industrialized at all. The biggest trade here is weapons and the few forgeries around are there to manufacture the best killing tools there is. Think of the entire thing as a garrison, and the economy relies on the needs to support the army inside, with everything from tools and armor to books and entertainment. A typical US military town is an example of this.

I'm sorry, everyone. :(It's simply too much to keep up with two RPGs at once, and seeing as I'm co-GM of Techna... I'm afraid my responsibilities here have to be jettisoned.Byrn is out.I wish you all best of luck with this storyline.Sincerely,Shyyrn

Plenty!Although I sketched out the main pieces on the board, like the vital factions and the prominent geographic locations, there are many different gaps that can be filled out. The island of Kini Karda is rife with mysteries. What happened to the Toa? Where did they go? What service do the temples have? How long will the island remain? What life is in the cave systems? What is the Order of Calix hiding? What are the ______ plotting? Where has the rum gone? Why is the rum always gone? Will there be chocolate?The game has a general plot, yes, but it is there to keep people interested. I want people to explore the island, make new stuff up, discover new places, and engage in conflicts between each other. The matoran-only society brings back a nostalgic air, while the darker undertones of the game can lead to some spectacular wars and challenges if played correctly. So you can say that there's no limit to what you can do here. I encourage everything. Except bad stuff. Don't do that.

Plenty!Although I sketched out the main pieces on the board, like the vital factions and the prominent geographic locations, there are many different gaps that can be filled out. The island of Kini Karda is rife with mysteries. What happened to the Toa? Where did they go? What service do the temples have? How long will the island remain? What life is in the cave systems? What is the Order of Calix hiding? What are the ______ plotting? Where has the rum gone? Why is the rum always gone? Will there be chocolate?The game has a general plot, yes, but it is there to keep people interested. I want people to explore the island, make new stuff up, discover new places, and engage in conflicts between each other. The matoran-only society brings back a nostalgic air, while the darker undertones of the game can lead to some spectacular wars and challenges if played correctly. So you can say that there's no limit to what you can do here. I encourage everything. Except bad stuff. Don't do that.

I'm interpreting this to mean that we can make our own minor locations and mysteries as long as they don't interfere with the general plot. The Kini-Toa's true purpose, the locations of the other Toa tools, and similar mysteries are still only to be answered by you, perhaps through one of us players, correct?