Rpg: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Destiny

Blessed Blade

IC: Tobias / Castle Town"Of course," said Tobias, drawing his sword to show the blood of Link's Uncle. "I always complete a mission, one way or another." Tobias turned and sat down, putting his feet up on the table. "The entire place burned down. He's quite the tough one, I tell you," Tobias said with a smirk.~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

OOC: Going to be a big messy crunch when it finds out, I think.IC(Adskhan): Retaining the momentum from his initial lunge, Adskhan followed through on the maneuver with his right leg, aiming to swing it between his enemy's legs and then, once the foot hit the ground, sweep it across the enemy's left leg, disrupting his balance in a way he would be unlikely to recover from.He saw what Leo was doing too late to halt his own attempt at a similar maneuver, so instead he jabbed the wakizashi downwards, aiming to either deter the attempt at a kick (though with the speed at which things were moving, that would be unlikely) or simply drive the sword into Leo's leg before he could finish the kick.OOC: Very interesting, though I am perhaps better at visualizing it than explaining it. It's basically a crooked lunge where he puts himself off balance in order to veer left and catch the enemy with the katana, keeps the wakizashi reserved for blocking or countering, and then finishes it all up by sweeping the enemy's left leg out from under them. One of those things that just works better when you've got two swords that are basically meant to function as a pair.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Another reason I like dual swords. =P And yes, a big messy loud crunch. =P-==IC: Leo//Faron Woods==-Leo bit back a scream, as the Wakizashi stabbed into his leg, but grabbed Adskhan's left hand as the Garo swept his left leg away. The intention with that, was so that when Leo fell, both would. It helped that Adskhan's sword was currently stuck in the other fighter's leg.

OOC: Hmm. Right-hand sword stuck in the enemy's leg, left hand just got grabbed by the enemy.Are you going to IC whatever's going down between Kreena and the dragon?IC(Adskhan): The Garo had forward momentum to spare, but he managed to plant his right foot on the ground after completing the sweep, and he allowed his left arm to be carried forward by the enemy's grip, bearing the sword now only held by the enemy's right hand to the ground, leaving the Garo effectively leaning over his enemy with one sword in the enemy's leg and the other pinning the enemy's blade to the ground. Shifting his left foot to improve balance, he moved the foot to stand on Leo's right hand."You have not impressed me," Adskhan stated flatly, the darkness of his hood hiding any facial expression from Leo.OOC: This is usually the point at which he steals the enemy's sword. As he hasn't trained with the longsword (or is it a broadsword Leo has?), he obviously won't be using it, but I'd like to have the go-ahead from you before he yoinks the thing, make sure the sword isn't important and all that.It would, I think, make an interesting character moment for Leo when he returns to his boss with a crippled dragon and an empty scabbard. :P

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: ... Dang it, this is why I do better imagining things that involve my own characters when writing. xD I meant to say the hand that had the Wakizashi, but let's roll with the Katana hand. =PAs for ICing Kreena, yeah; I was just wanting to see what happened with Leo first. =PAs for the sword, go ahead; it's not anything important to me, and yes, it's a Longsword, as I believe I described. Which is funny, because when I wrote the post earlier, I imagined it similar to a broadsword. xD-==IC: Leo//Faron Woods==-Leo narrowed his eyes at the Garo, but then smiled."Doesn't really matter. You still have no clue what's going on." Leo said with a chuckle, as he looked at the Garo, even though he couldn't see anything on his face, due to the hood. He did, however, attempt to look in the other direction, as a loud noise could be heard.-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-Kreena had been dodging the dragon for the last little bit, and missed Adskhan's defeat of Leo, but that didn't mean that she didn't have her own moment of awesomeness. As the Dragon flew toward her again, she dove out of the way, and the Dragon slammed into the ground. It yelped out, as a loud painful crunching sound was able to be heard; it's leg was now heavily injured, and not exactly usable anymore. Kreena took her chance. Longsword in hand, she rushed toward the dragon, and then slashed upward at it's neck. Then it didn't get very far, due to it's thick scales, a strangled roar could be heard, as the wound was certainly not something it could shrug off. Unfortunately, Dragon first-aid was not something anyone there actually knew of, and though it staggered around a bit as best as it could with three injured legs, it fell to the ground, and did not move, all due to luck and skill.-==IC: ?//Castle Town==-"Hmm... I see." The person said, and nodded, as he tossed another bag at Tobias."You just ridded me of a potential thorn in my side, so you have my thanks for that." The person said with a nod.OOC: Gonna give you a chance to respond, of course. =P

IC(Adskhan): "And you know extraordinarily little about me, save that I seek to learn more about what is happening in this forest. When you return to whomever you work for, tell them what you choose, but first let them know of your leg, the corpse of your dragon, and," here the Garo paused, before kicking Leo's sword from his hand, "the loss of your weapon."Pulling his Wakizashi from Leo's leg, Adskhan wiped the blood from both swords on the front of Leo's tunic, then sheathed them and retrieved Leo's sword from the grass, stowing it in the same satchel that also held the swords of two Bokoblins. As he walked away from Leo, going over to Kreena to make sure she hadn't gotten herself injured in the fight with the dragon, it was quite clear that the Garo was finished with Leo.OOC: When I read back over the fight with the Bokoblins, I realized that I've been entirely consistent with the hands he's using for the swords. Katana is left, Wakizashi is right. Yay.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Algernon (Faron Woods, Army of Darkness camp) "I treat them as they would be treated in a real battle," Algernon replied, "Our enemies will not show them any more compassion."

OOC: Yeah, I'm the one ho messed up there; what happens when you visualize stuff on the fly. xDPromised Land: Unless they fight a certain Garo. =P-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-"Good job." Kreena said with a smile, as she limped toward Adskhan. She saw Leo growl, and get up as he limped further into the woods, but turned her head back to Adskhan."I landed roughly when dodging the dragon once. Twisted my ankle." Kreena said with a slight frown, explaining her limp.

OOC: Well, he'll chop their hand off if they're stupid, and the competent ones might get hurt in the fight, but the incompetent smart ones will get off pretty easy, yeah.IC(Adskhan): The Garo looked down at the corpse of the dragon for a few moments, then back at Kreena."Will you still be able to walk quietly through the forest, and, if necessary, run? Whether he is aware of it or not, that fool tipped his hand to us by revealing his presence. We are close to somewhere they would prefer to keep us away from, and, as luck would have it," here the Garo looked around at the tree, obviously inspecting the fires set by the dragon, "the forest is on fire. Plenty of dry leaves on the ground, and it looks to have been a week or so since it last rained here. He may have damaged them by accident more than we could ever have done intentionally."OOC: I think RPGs like this always give a sense of the action being slower than it really is, just through the format. Really, that fight after Adskhan finished with the dragon probably took about 30 seconds at the most, but since we're writing it by posting back and forth, it gets kind of drawn out.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yeah, the fight went by fast, even if it didn't seem like it to the people RPing. It's faster when you actually read it. =P-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-"Hopefully." Kreena said, as she tested her foot."I think I can just walk it off, but we should probably get moving soon, so that we can find where we were initially looking." Kreena said with a nod.

IC(Adskhan): "Agreed. You know the area better than I do, so you lead the way."Privately, the Garo was wondering if the fool they had just defeated had been important to the enemy in any way. If he was, that said something about the level of competence they could expect from the enemy, and also implied that he wouldn't be killed for his failure. If he wasn't, he would probably be dead by the end of the day, and someone in the enemy's ranks might actually give some sort of a fight.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-Kreena nodded, as she started walking toward the main section once more, and then turned to the left, and followed the path down. She was taking it easy on her foot, of course, but she felt she could move a little faster if she needed to.

IC: Tobias / Castle Town"Always glad to be of service to you, Mr... Um... Huh..." Tobias said, slowing down. He began scratching his head. "You know, I don't seem to know your name. You do have one, don't you? Just in case I do come across any more information on Link." Tobias began examining his sword, wiping some of the blood off.~Det

Kraenir/Castle Town, "Kidnapping" ImpaIC:

"Alright, well, hope to see you later, Ranak," said Kraenir with a look of both happiness and solemnity. As he turned to look in the room, he saw Impa, as fit as ever, along with the other people there. A staged kidnapping sounds good... Save her life by making whoever this is think she's dead. Of course, I need to make things actually look like they should, which means that Ranak will likely be horrified and he'll disown me..."Aunt Impa! Great to see you! How have you been lately? I've just come to tell you something family-related and see how you've been doing the past few weeks."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

-==IC: Impa//Hyrule Castle Town==-"Oh yes?" Impa asked, curious as to why Kraenir had come, and what the family-related thing was."And I've been doing pretty good." Impa said as she responded to Kraenir's second point.OOC: As a word of advice, try and find Ranak after this... He won't be back for a while; and if you can find him before he returns, you might be able to explain things. =P-==IC: ?//Castle Town==-The shadowy person smirked, as he chuckled."I go by a few names... Knight of Darkness... Leader of the Army of Darkness... But one that keeps going around..." The person said, as he walked forward into the light with a malicious grin. He looked almost identical to Link; except with pitch black clothes, red eyes, and almost white hair."Dark Link."OOC: This one's kinda like the one from Four Swords Adventure. So technically he should be 'Shadow Link', but whatever. =P Dark Link's been in more things. xDAs for his appearance, think of the version from Brawl, except with his eyes being red irises, instead of totally red.

"Well, good to hear that your health is fine. You really are an amazing woman. Unfortunately, this s about health issues. I came to let you know that Uncle Brighnen had a heart attack. He's alive, but a serious heart problem has been uncovered, and they don't think he'll live for much longer. Just thought you should know, if you haven't heard about it. We could visit him right now, if you wanted. And if your schedule allowed it," said Kraenir, the happy part of his face quickly fading to the solemn part.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

-==IC: Impa//Hyrule Castle==-Impa frowned, and nodded."Yes, let's go at once." Impa said, not even suspecting that there was an ulterior motive, as she stood up, and waved off her personal bodyguards, who nodded, and went off elsewhere, such as to protect the Princess.

IC(Adskhan): The Garo followed after Kreena, careful to keep an eye on the fire's progress. If the fire got to wherever the enemy was gathered before they did, it would likely disrupt the organization of the camp, helping them to remain undetected but making it more difficult to get an accurate idea of the strength of the forces that were gathering.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I bloody knew it! I could see this one coming from a mile away! xDIC: Tobias / Castle TownAs he heard his employer speak those words, he did something he hadn't done in many years. He shuddered. His first reaction was to grip his sword tighter. "Dark... Link...?" Tobias whispered. Something about this made him extremely wary. Still, he nodded. "Any time you need business done, I'm always glad to help." Tobias instantly began thinking of everything he could potentially do, whether it be striking him down now, or reporting this to the Castle, but since he knew neither of them would go well at this time, he decided he would let Dark Link live... for now.~Det

Kraenir nodded as he walked with her. "He's at the town hospital. Ranak is actually going there right now, so it seems that all of us will be there at once."

OOC: xD Well, I'll be the first to admit it's nothing new. =P-==IC: Dark Link//Castle Town==-Dark Link smirked, and nodded."Oh, don't worry... I'll have more jobs for you to do." Dark Link said with a smirk, as he stepped back into the shadows, with another laugh.-==IC: Impa//Hyrule Castle==-Impa nodded, as she continued to walk forward."That's good, then. It'll be nice to see a lot of the rest of the family again." Impa said with a slight smile.-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-As Kreena continued to nod, onlookers would notice that she was able to put more and more weight on her foot as she continued, which was shown by her not limping as much."My ankle seems to be getting better; it mustn't've been that bad a sprain." Kreena said with a smile, as she led the way through the main section of the forest, wondering why they hadn't met any more attackers.Maybe they expected that guy to have killed us... Kreena thought, and froze, as she looked to her left."I think there's some more monsters that way." Kreena said, as she gripped the hilt of her sword in order to prepare for any fight that might happen.

"Yeah... Come to think of it, Brittney and I haven't gotten to see any of our family recently. Good to see you. Been doing much lately, aside from waiting upon the princess?" he asked as then walked from the room, quickly nearing the gates.OOC: I was going to say something here, and then I took an arrow to the knee forgot.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

-==IC: Impa//Hyrule Castle Gates==-"Not much. But that's good, since when other things happen, that usually has trouble associated with it." Impa said with a chuckle, as she recalled the Oracle incidents.

OOC: Oh yeah, should Kraenir know about Impa actually being rather kick-rear?

Kraenir nodded as he replied, "Yes, yes... True. So, uh, I have something else to talk about, once we're from earshot." His voice made a notable drop so that only she could hear. It wasn't in a shifdty way, just something that he wouldn't want to announce in public.

OOC: Probably, since she's his aunt. =P-==IC: Impa//Castle Town==-Impa nodded, as she wasn't sure exactly what kraenir wanted to say, but was sure it was important. She kept moving forward, but had a funny feeling that something bad would happen soon; though she didn't know why she felt that feeling, or what would happen.

IC(Adskhan): The Garo also looked to the left, following Kreena's gaze. He didn't see anything - no sign of movement, no trampled plants, nothing out of the ordinary - but that didn't mean there hadn't been something a few seconds ago."What exactly makes you say that?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-"I just have this feeling..." Kreena started to say, and as if to confirm her suspicions, the plants started to rustle quickly, as Kreena quickly drew her sword, ready for whatever the thing was.

IC(Adskhan): The Garo put his hands on the hilts of his swords once again, waiting almost impatiently for whatever was moving about in the bushes to go ahead and show itself. Given the fact that a dragon had just started a forest fire, this really wasn't the smartest place for anything to be.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Alright, just wondering.

As they walked past the guards - it seemed that one had replaced Ranak - Kraenir closed his eyes for a few moments and thought, How should we do this? I'm honestly doing this for her safety, of course, and I'm sure she would know that. But it seems like I'm going to be making money off her. She can defend herself, and I'm still not sure if I should take the money...He glanced to check how far they were. Soon, he'd tell her.

-==IC: Kreena//Faron Woods==-Kreena watched, as a rabbit hopped out of the trees, very quickly, taking off in terror. Kreena frowned, as she relaxed slightly."I guess that was all it wa-" Kreena started to say, as two moblins ran out of the forest, and ran after the rabbit. Kreena blinked, as a bead of sweat ran down the back of her head."... Well, I guess everyone needs to eat..." Kreena said, as she raised an eyebrow.-==IC: Impa//Castle Town==-Impa walked along silently, as they walked toward a part of town that had no-one around. As she walked, she wondered what could be so important that Kraenir needed to tell her right then, before they went to the hospital.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

When they were a good distance from prying ears, Kraenir sighed. Then, glancing at Impa as they walked, he said, "Alright. Before earlier today, I really wasn't planning on telling you about Brighnen. He's sick, of course. But I assumed word would reach you. I didn't even really think about it. It was really an excuse to tak to you. I've been hired to 'dispose' of you. I don't know who, or why. But you know I'd never kill you. Thus, I wanted to hide you, because this guy seems really set on making sure that you don't live. Act like I did kill you, and you're safe. Meanwhile, as a public front for your disappearance, we can say that you've become ill. I'm sure the princess would understand the situation and be perfectly fine with you being saved.""So now I'm here with you, walking to the hospital, which would be the perfect time for you to collapse. Please believe me that I'm doing this to save you."

-==IC: Impa//Castle Town==-Impa nodded."I thought something fishy was going to happen soon... Some guards have been disappearing recently, and I've been hearing rumours about someone trying to find info on something; involving time or something like that... Don't ask me; all I've heard are rumours and gossip." Impa said, and winked at Kraenir, before fainting, or at least pretending to.

Kraenir/Castle Town, Kidnapping" ImpaIC:

"Thanks for understanding," Kraenir said as Impa winked at him. He then jumped when she fainted, to convince the villagers nearby. "No no no... Aunt Impa!" he yelled as he put his arms under her body and immediately began sprinting to the hospital. She would be admitted, and he'd "threaten" the doctors to keep her disappearance a secret when she mysteriously vanished that night. His mind barely registered Ranak as he sprinted past his cousin and into the hospital doors, pleading for help.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

-==IC: Ranak//Castle Town==-Ranak frowned, as he saw Kraenir run past with Impa, and sighed.Great... Just the moment I leave my post, something happens. Ranak sighed, and followed his cousin quickly.

Nurses quickly rushed to Kraenir's aid and helped him get Impa to a room. He was then told to leave the room, and he hesitantly did. As he walked outside said room, shaking from both fake concern and the sudden physical exertion of running across the town, he saw Ranak. "Oh, R-Ranak. Aunt Impa collapsed and... and... I need to sit down. P-preferably in a c-corner. I can tell you what h-happened..." he said before stumbling to two chairs in a corner of the waiting room.

OOC: So, for those keeping score, random bad guys who are leaders of their respective movements who are trying to kill off important characters are currently not doing well.Plans succeeded: 0/2. =POn a side note, this actually works out very well, in a way. Since Link's Uncle was saved, and Impa was saved, and Ranak was introduced, this means that we might just have a surprise force for the future. xD Gonna need to find a new mercenary, though; since everyone's starting to be paranoid about accepting jobs from certain people. Unless... >=D-==IC: Ranak//Castle Town==-Ranak nodded, as he walked over to where Kraenir was."What happened?" Ranak asked with a frown, as this was certainly turning out to be a bad day for him.

OOC: Just so we're all on the same page, two rather large pig-men just ran by chasing a squirrel. That says so many terrible things about how well-supplied this "Army of Darkness" is.This early in the game, the designated bad guys just aren't doing well at all. Two failed plots, thirty slaughtered Bokoblins, a dead dragon and a stolen sword.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Actually, the plot against Impa wasn't the Army's doing. Totally separate. =P But still very important to things.You have a point about the Bokoblin, but the dragon and sword was because Leo underestimated the power of a Garo. =P Kreena's attack was pure luck, and it probably wouldn't have gone that way, if Adskhan hadn't gotten the leg damaged so much.And no-one ever said Moblins were sane. But there might've been ulterior motives, such as fleeing the burning forest. Kreena just wanted to make a sarcastic comment. xD But yeah, the bad guys need to kick things up a notch; and that should actually happen soon, hopefully. They are lucky Link's MIA, though; otherwise they'd honestly have been finished before their plans were even thought up. xD Though, it doesn't help that I haven't actually done anything with the actual faction itself yet. >>' That should start once Dark Link gets back to the camp, and is told about Leo's epic failure.

"Impa's life is in danger," said Kraenir as he sat down, lowering his voice so only Ranak could hear, "Someone, likely not knowing our relationship, chose me to assassinate her. She's currently pretending to have fainted. I'm going to 'threaten' the doctors - meaning I'm going to explain the situation and tell them to keep the whole thing secret while telling the public that Impa's just very ill with a condition in which no one can visit her. I'll move her outside the city in a few minutes, and I'll need help. I'm going to try and find just what my 'employer' wants with her dead."

-==IC: Ranak//Castle Town==-Ranak nodded, and smiled slightly."I have an idea, and I could help." Ranak said with his voice lowered, and then growled, as he yelled out."What?!" Ranak said, and narrowed his eyes."Outside; now." Ranak said, as he grabbed Kraenir by the collar, and dragged him to a standing position.