Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Digger"Use Drill Run!" Zac said, knowing it was a grass type he had a special plan to distract and knock it out. The Excadrill nodded and performed the same move as used before and headed for the grass-type monkey.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Kyle hadn't actually sent out Gligar yet, Blade. X3 Whatevs, though.IC - Kyle Eston - Tournament: Kyle was... very surprised to find someone at a National Tournament who would make a mistake like that on their first move, especially before giving Kyle a chance to wish his opponent good luck. Shrugging, he looked up at Ruji. "Hit it with Night Slash!" he ordered.The Gligar complied, changing its course and shooting toward Eelektrik, his claw glowing purple and black as dark energy gathered around it...IC - Sonja Baron - Black City: ".... Um....." Sonja said. "Same... here... actually.... Anyone?" She looked at the others. When no one immediately responded, she looked back at the Pokémon Center. "Well, it doesn't matter. Let's just check the Center first, and if they're not there we can send a message to Kyle for Richie's number."IC - Ethan Worth - Train Station: It was at this point that Ethan chose to interrupt the moment, appearing beside Jamie and Lucia. He leaned into their group, his voice low, though urgent, the Rocket agent hardly aware of Lafoyae's presence."We've got a problem," he said. "A big problem. It's called 'Quincy Adams, Ford Agent,' and it involves some sort of train-wide experiment--our train."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Well the close range of the Tynamo had a pretty easy shot to land a Charge beam on him. Super-effective shot is super effective. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, Erebus stayed conscious but couldn't focus straight. Why, adding to his injuries was his rage.

"I definitely liked it better when we had the type advantage..." he said and then started playing a different tone, something more soothing.It seemed to work as the Tentacool calmed down and was brought back into focus.

"That's better, now use Bubblebeam!"

Not wasting a moment Erebus shot a storm of bubbles at his opponet eager to pick up where he left off, and still wanting just a little bit of payback for the Charge Beam.

OOC: And on seeing the note you left, it's probably not going to matter too much who wins in our battle then?Going to get dinner, will probably make a Jamie IC when back.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: Minun: No, no, it'll matter. I just wanted to tell you who your next opponent was, to prepare you. =P He's beatable; he's just very powerful, and not one to underestimate. =PParugi: >>' My mistake; thought he had. =/-==IC: Arkara==-The Eelektrik was knocked back, and Arkara frowned."Hmm... I should use..." Arkara thought for a moment, and then nodded."Aqua Tail!" Arkara said with a newly confident smirk.-==IC: Jade==-Jade frowned, as the Confuse Ray hit, and sent the Deino off toward the stands."Oh, not that way..." Jade said in exasperation, as he slapped his palm to his forehead.-==IC: Noni==-Confused at the move, and not really given a chance to react, the Simisage was hit, and sent flying back."Energy Ball!" The trainer yelled out, as the ball of energy was flung toward the Excadrill quickly.-==IC: Lucia==-Lucia frowned at that."That doesn't sound good..." Lucia said; she had only heard whispers of the group that had been meddling in everything for a few months, but knew experiments were never a good sign in that context.

IC: Zac B.Zac's eyes widen as Excadrill was hit, well that backfired...he was planning for Drill Drun to scare Simisage, not actually hit."Alright shake it off and use X-Scissor!" Zac said, and then made a plan if the next was gonna be a Simisear, he was sensing a pattern. And if it wasn't, send out a different one.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Zac Flash, PWT, Unova"Sweet," Zac said, taking out a Pokeball. "Duskull, good job. Kongo, you got this!" He recalled Duskull and threw another Pokeball, sending his Darmanitan out to battle.IC - Eric and Pierce, Pacifidlog Town, HoennEric called a Corsola and had Pierce ride it to a large rock in the middle of the ocean; he himself just swam. Needless to say, this took a very long time. The rock was surrounded by other larger rocks, some with platforms and caves."If Juan really is here," Eric said, spitting out water as they climbed to the top. "He's somewhere in this mess."

OOC: Blade: np. :PIC - Kyle Eston - Tournament: Kyle sighed, inwardly groaning. Great--another smirker. "Dodge it!" Kyle called. Ruji did so, deftly flying upward and out of range of the Eelektrik's attack. "Good! Now use Poison Tail!"Ruji seemed to do a series of flips through the air before swooping down toward the Electric-type, aiming to sting and poison the eel.IC - Ethan Worth - Train Station: "It isn't," Ethan said flatly. "Adams is one of the most powerful trainers I have ever seen. You know those Unown that were released on Johto a few months ago? She was responsible for sealing them back inside of their dimension. And apparently she has a 'Genetic Pokémon' with her this time, on top of a lot of other trainers under her command. We ought to call for back-up, or find some way to stop this train from leaving the station."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Evan Tierra"All right, let's go.", Evan said, motioning to Seth to follow, "Seth needs to get his stuff too."Evan walked towards the Pokemon Center, Landorus follow suit, purring quietly.IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Train StationLafoyae expressed alarm at this information. This is what Sleight sent her out for, and she would not fail him. She tapped Ethan on the shoulder, she flashed her badge to him and saluted, her eyes cold and serious.....

IC: Ryan/Ellen
Ryan quickly ran into the Pokemon Center. He did a quick scan of the lobby and when he didn't immediately see Gold, Blackskull, or Mr. Eston, he brought Ellen up to the nurse at the front desk. "She got scratched by a Purrloin," he explained, showing the nurse Ellen's arm.

"That doesn't look too bad," the nurse said, coming around to the front of the desk for a better look. "But we should still clean you up. We wouldn't want you to get an infection." An Audino led Ellen into the back of the center. "It should only take a few minutes," the nurse smiled. "Your sister will be just fine."

It took Ryan a moment to register what the nurse had just said. "...She's not my sister," he said blankly. But the nurse had already left to tend to Ellen.

OOC: Just saying, Ryan only did a quick look at the lobby. He was more worried about Ellen, so he conceivably could have missed Gold, Blackskull and Ritchie.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Seth:Seth had already dashed ahead of everybody, still half asleep. How he managed to be running back to the Pokemon Center with his eyes closed, and yet easily dodging every obstacle amazed Evan. Leaving a trail of dust, Seth burst into the Pokemon Center, running to his room, in one quick motion, grabbing his stuff and leaping back onto his bed, acting as if nothing had happened. Seth muttered something incomprehensible as he fell back asleep.~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC: Evan TierraEvan's jaw dropped at the sight he just witnessed. He never thought Seth the kind of guy to laze off. Sighing, Evan went into the Pokemon Center, returning Landorus to his Poke Ball. Evan walked into Seth's room, a mischievous grin on his face."C'mon sleepyhead.", Evan said, dragging a still sleeping Seth out of bed, "No rest for the wicked. We've got a crook to catch."

-==IC: Ray==-"What just happened?" Ray asked with a blink, seeing Seth take off, and Evan follow. Sighing, Ray followed everyone else into the Pokemon Center as well.-==IC: Noni==-Noni frowned, as the X-Scissor attack landed, and watched as the Simisage flew backwards due to massive damage."Energy Ball again!" Noni called out, as the Simisage barely stood up, and launched another Energy Ball at the opposing Excadrill.-==IC: Jade==-The Deino noticed the opponent, yes. It attempted to go over to give it a Crunch hug, but... Well, it kinda missed. By a long shot. Instead, it attempted to bite the barrier to the arena, and dealt damage to itself in return. Jade shook his head, as this was certainly an odd battle, to say the least."Really, can't you land one attack...?"-==IC: Arkara==-Arkara frowned, as the attack landed, and dealt damage, as well as poisoning the Pokemon."Well that didn't go well." Arkara said, as he thought for a moment."Acrobatics!" Arkara called out, hoping that attack didn't miss.-==IC: Lucia==-Lucia frowned."I heard about those Unown... But I hadn't heard about them being sealed again. If she really did that, and has this 'genetic Pokemon', whatever it is, then that might not be good..."

IC - Darkrai:Seeing their work in Mossdeep was finally complete, the Eight Darkrai gathered and set off south, heading directly for Sootopolis. The traitor within them looked back, before they closed their eyes, realizing there was one more they could recruit.IC - Seth:Seth, still have asleep reacted on instinct to the sudden touching of him, grasping his knife and sitting up, placing his knife against Evan's chest. "I haven't gotten any decent sleep, and when I do, the first thing I want to wake up is not you dragging me out of bed."~Det

IC: Zac B."Wait...." Zac said to Digger. The two waited, until the ball hit. It caused some damage, but then Zac looked the Simisage and then yelled, "Dril run!"

-==IC: Noni==-Noni was surprised that the Excadrill didn't faint, but, wasn't prepared to lose."Get out of the way!" Noni called out; but that didn't work that well. The Simisage was knocked out of the way, and hit the ground hard, fainted. Sighing, Noni recalled the Simisage, and sent out her last Pokemon, a Simisear."Fire Blast!" Noni yelled out, not holding back for this attack.

IC: Zac BZac was prepared with the Simisear, but not with her using a powerful move so quick. Now that he thought about, this was her last. But that fire blast was enough to knock out Excadrill. Zac sighed and recalle the Pokemon. "Nice job there, not lets go Bite!" Zac said as he sent out his Totodile, "Use Water Gun!"

-==IC: Noni==-Noni frowned, but the Simisear took the hit; even if it didn't do much, that would build up damage, so she had to be careful."Grass Knot!" Noni yelled out, as the Simisear dashed forward, attempting to trip up the Totodile.

IC: Zac B."Use water gun on the ground!" Zac said. Bite nodded and shot the ground ad was rocketed into the air, flapping it's arms like it was flying.

-==IC: Announcer==-"As a slight announcement, it has been brought to our attention that there have been a few accidental mishaps with our brackets; as the third matches of each have been switched with each other. While this has not interfered with the actual matches, since they started as they should have, the problem on the jumbotron has been fixed, and is now reflected on that." The announcer said, as Justin and Skyla's match was moved to bracket 1, and Zac and Noni's match was moved to bracket 2.OOC: You did not see any errors.-==IC: Noni==-Noni thought for a moment, as the water hit the Simisear in the process; however, she contemplated her move."Round!" Noni called out, attempting to use a song-based move on the Totodile quickly.

IC: Zac B.As Bite made it to the ground, the attack landed, causing some damage, but made Totodile sing (off key), except he wasn't using round. Zac covered his ears and yelled, "Bite focus!"

IC - Kyle Eston - National Tournament: With surprising speed, the Eelektrik shot forward, leaping up and spinning as it shot toward Ruji. The Gligar attempted to dodge, though was unable to avoid a hit from the Electric-Type's tail, knocking him back."Are you okay, Ruj?" Kyle called as Eelektrik landed. The Gligar grimaced, though nodded. "All right. Use Swords Dance, and then Night Slash again!"The Gligar complied. Flexing its muscles, it began to do a strange, mid-air dance, increasing its attack power before swooping down toward Eelektrik again, aiming to slam into it with another glowing claw.IC - Sonja Baron/Blackskull, etc. - Pokémon Center: Sonja chuckled slightly at Ryan's reaction to the nurse's statement. "You know, you two do kind of look alike," she said. "I'd take it as a compliment." She did not elaborate further as she started looking around the Pokémon Center, moving away as she spotted Blackskull, Gold, and Richie at a table in the corner. Indicating them to the others, she approached their table."Good morning, sirs," she said to them, taking on a more professional stature and tone of voice. "We're ready to head out as soon as possible.""You can relax, Miss Baron," Gold said, to her surprise. He frowned. "Actually, what's your first name? 'Miss Baron' is too formal.""Sonja, s--I mean... Just Sonja," Sonja said, stopping herself from adding 'sir.'"All right, Sonja," Gold said, finishing his drink. "We'll be ready whenever you guys want to go--just give us the word."Sonja nodded. "Works for me."IC - Ethan Worth - Train Station: "Well, admittedly, she forced me to help her, but still..." Ethan said. "But yeah, that would be why they aren't in the sky anymore. Ha. Ha. Yeaaah...." After a moment, he noticed the other woman out of the corner of his eye. Turning to look at Lafoyae, Ethan blinked, and then saw her badge.His eyes widened, and his face broke into an admiring smile, as if the Quincy Adams problem had just vanished from his mind."Oh my gosh!" he said, recognizing her. "You! You're Lafoyae Belrose, the famous Team Rocket assassin!" He bounced on his feet in excitement, holding out a hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am--I've heard a lot about your skills! I'm Ethan Worth!"IC - Nine - Mossdeep City: As the other Darkrai left Mossdeep City, a shadowy form rose from the ground, taking on the shape of a green-eyed Darkrai. Nine watched his brethren disappear in the distance for a moment, before turning and beginning his search. Energy glowed in his vision as he searched for the latest sources of corruption in the island-bound city, two trainers 'infected' with the energy of the ancients. Four others had already fallen to it, with a fifth emerging from a dimension essentially made from it. Nine still had yet to figure out what this meant, but he got the feeling that it would not bode well for anyone. Still, his were possibly the safest hands in which these people could fall, at least for the time being...The Darkrai frowned as he noted two sources of abnormal aura--one orange, the other purple. Silently, he went toward them, keeping an eye out for any other humans or Pokémon in the area--particularly Ford agents...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Noni==-Noni chuckled."Keep it up." Noni said, as the Simisear happily kept singing, attacking with Round.-==IC: Arkara==-Arkara frowned, as the attack landed once more before the Eelektrik could react, and the Pokemon fainted."Hmm. That's not good. Return." Arkara said, recalling his Pokemon, before he sent out a Pikachu."Brick break!" Arkara called out with a wide smile.-==IC: Ray==-Ray nodded."I'm ready if everyone else is ready." Ray said, having already gathered his stuff before getting to the lobby earlier, before Ellen had wandered off and gotten into trouble. Speaking of... Ray looked over at Ryan and shrugged."They've got a slight point. Not as obvious at first glance, but I can see similarities. Like your apparent knack for getting into trouble." Ray said with a joking chuckle.OOC: I think Ellen's gotten into trouble or captured about as many times as Ryan's gotten captured. =P-==IC: Lucia==-Lucia frowned, confused by Ethan getting so excited upon seeing the mute girl."I see." Lucia said with a nod to make sure that her confusion wasn't so apparent, not just for her own sake, but to not get Lafoyae angry or anything; if she was as great as an assassin as Ethan was saying she was, then she wouldn't be a good person to anger.

IC: ZacZac groaned. "Bite come on!" Zac yelled, "Wait...keep singing!!" Zac yelled, he started to think that singing wasnt singing, but really, a screech attack.OOC: Is it alright if bite learn Screech?

OOC: I'd personally allow that one attack, but save it in wide usage for Bite's evolution.-==IC: Noni==-Noni was confused at the move, but shrugged, and simply had the Simisear repeat the attack a third time... With the damage piling up on both sides, the battle would probably draw to an end sooner rather than later; though to whose victory was still unknown.

IC: Zac B.Is this meaning Bite is gonna evolve? Zac thought. He shrugged and then choose another move, "Aqua Tail!" Zac commanded, and though Bite was tired, it's energetic personality still showed as it charge at Simisear with its tail becoming surrounded by water.

-==IC: Noni==-Noni frowned, as the Aqua Tail hit, and knocked the Simisear across the room. The Screech, combined with the earlier damage, meant it finally fainted."Good match." Noni said with a nod to Zac, as the match ended.OOC: That's two matches done, and now the NPC match we just simulate through starts. =P

OOC: And here I am, having finally returned home from Chicago.IC: Rej grumbled and readied Leon's pokeball as Anastasia collapsed from the combined effects of Bubble Beam and Confusion wearing down on her. Suddenly, an idea stumbled across her mind and collapsed, bleeding profusely.Silently apologizing, Rej withdrew the unconscious Anastasia and threw a battered Anya out, knowing full well the poisoning she was about to endure."Anya, I'm sorry. Ice shard."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Zac B."As to you Noni," Zac said with a smile as he returned his Pokemon, "Wayto go Bite," he said to the pokeball holding Bite.

OOC: After a long drought of notifications for like, three days, BAM! 34 notifications after three hours.IC - Zac Flash, PWT, Unova"Kongo, Hammer Arm!" Zac commanded. Kongo rushed over and jumped into the air, bringing his arms down as he fell over the Deino.IC - Eric and Pierce, South of Pacifidlog, HoennEric was sitting on a cliff, bored. "It's been two hours," he complained, picking up a stone."Neither Dusknoir or I can find anything resembling psychic activities.." Pierce said, sitting down. "Maybe it was just a battle." He also picked up a stone. Both trainers threw it as far as they could. It didn't hit the water, though; it bounced back. They both quickly stood up, Pierce with a large grin on his face. He turned to Dusknoir, who nodded, preparing a Shadow Ball.

IC: Richard frowned upon seeing Anya return to the battlefield. Having a Snorlax fall on her must have hurt; he'd rather not have to have her poisened as well, but that's just how things worked. Neither of the opponets were in any condition to fight, with Anya battered and poisoned and Erebus paralyzed and weak, but they had to. Richard knew Erebus didn't mind though, he liked a good fight.

"Erebus Bubblebeam," he said turning his frown upside down.

The Tentacool gladly obliged, trying to shot down the Froslass in her charge at him, however she was fast and agile and dodged most of the bubbles, and then... hit her mark.

IC: "You helped her? Or rather, she sought you out?"

Having fought Ethan twice before she knew how strong he was but still there were stronger agents out there and if she was as strong as he said she was, she could have gotten one of them, or maybe gone by herself.

IC: James left his leader to his work as he left the room he found Guinevere waiting for him outside. He kept walking looking obviously distressed and the Gardevoir followed him silently.

"So we have no real plan to stop them," James muttered to himself.

All those legendaries couldn't even put a dent into them... this is insane...

Back in his office James once again pulled out his laptop and searched the news.

"Mossdeep has fallen as well, leaving only Sootopolis left of Hoenn. In other news President Pierce has escaped unharmed from the Lilycove" was a pretty good summary of what James just read. Of course he had to read a few articles to get this but it gave him up-to-date info.

Most of it he found websites of "unofficial sources" as official reports on Mossdeep's situation had not been released yet, however he trusted what he had found enough. However there was a distinct lack of pictures due to anybody who managed to survive the attack, taking pictures was the last thing on their minds.

He had to see it himself.

"What I am going to do next is see Mossdeep for myself." She did not like that. She made a move to protest when she heard, "Lady Guinevere retreat," he said returning the Gardevoir to her pokeball.

Sighing, he pulled out Celebi's Ultra ball and sent her out.

"Celebi I need you to take me to Mossdeep..."

Mossdeep, Mossdeep... Ah yes, island, space center, that place. I guess I could sure.

"Wait let me finish, please. Mossdeep was just recently cast into darkness by the Darkrai..."

Oh... she said becoming silent. Anyway I can talk you out?

"I am afraid not..." he knew it was extremely dangerous to go, but more so to not see the state that the Darkrai were leaving the world in.

...right. Alright I'll take you there...

The two warped and found themselves on the edge of Shoal cave staring at an island covered in darkness.

Last chance to change your mind.

"...Could you hold on to this?" James asked handing Celebi Guinevere's pokeball."I have no intentions of dying on that island, but it never hurts to be prepared..."

Celebi merely nodded before warping them in.

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

IC: Rej, Erebus, and Anya all winced simultaneously. One, because a hunk of ice had just rammed into him. One, because of her favored friend was nearing the brink of exhaustion. And one, because of the poison coursing through her.Coursing, coursing, going right for the heart...*Whunk* Anya hit the floor, unconscious at last. She twitched once or twice before a quietly crying Rej withdrew her, sending her Piplup to stand on the battlefield once more.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: I really hope I haven't done any permanent damage to Anya through this battle.

IC: Richard sighed as he recalled Erebus. Poison, it definitely wasn't his favorite strategy but it worked. Before he pulled out his final pokeball, he opened his violin case and retired the instrument. However if he seemed sad before it immeadiately gave way to a smile.

"Go Hades!" he said as he released the Sableye.

Eh what's going on? ...Oh this... right... the Sableye said in his own tounge.

OOC: She'll pull through. Might be angrier, but should be fine.IC: Rej raised one hand to wipe away her over-reacting tears, glaring at Richard. "VODY KOL'TSO!" She screamed, as if the words themselves would assuage the fact that Anya had lost her first battle in over a decade.Leon nodded solemnly and flapped his wings once, surrounding himself with a ring of water,one he could draw energy from.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: "Well that takes care of the Poison then... Hades, Confuse Ray..."

Hades breathed deeply for a second before smiling a smile only Sableye's can give before disappearing. He reappeared hardly a couple seconds later before launching a ray of confusing energy at the Piplup.

"I love Prankster."

IC: "Yeah, well, I don't," Rej grumbled in reply. Leon chirped indignantly as some of the energy blasted through his water ring, leaving him blinking, but not completely useless."Leon, try rychaniye." Leon glanced back at Rej with an incredulous glance, then shrugged and growled as loud as he could at Hades.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: If Hades could use yawn he would have.

I've listened to Richard play the fiddle next to my ears at 3 AM, this is nothing, he said to the Piplup.

"Annoying for lower Attack, may as well try Night Shade Hades."

He noticed then that Hades couldn't hear him so he mimed it.

Kay... he said launching a blast of ghost energy at the Piplup.

Note while that Piplup is growling yell or mime.