Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: ZacZac and his growlithe followed Summer and walked with her to the gym.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

-==IC: Summer==-

As Summer weaved her way through the now-crowded city, she wondered about that criminal of a trainer, and what he said.

He's doing this to teach Unova a lesson? But why? And then there's the 'sitting back while sons and daughters are killed' part... What is he talking about...? Is he talking about that from experience, was a sibling killed? But then, what does killing others accomplish...? I just don't get it... I wish I knew more... Summer thought with a frown, as she sighed.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacWhoever this guy was he was an cool dude for thinking that using the legendaries to teach Unova a lesson would work. This guy would pay, "Hey I think we are getting close,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

"Yes." Summer said with a nod, as they approached the building... Which didn't seem to be Elesa's normal gym. She stepped inside, and the gym appeared to be fancy, almost like a concert stage. "She likes to change up the stage a lot, though this one's admittedly odd." Summer explained to the likely confused Zac.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Zac"I challenged the gyms before I knew of the war, so I guess it explains why it's like this," Zac said walking in with Z-pup looking around.

Edited by Zacax

"Oh yeah? Which gyms did you challenge?" Summer asked, curious to know of that, as she knew there were many gyms, including ones that might not still be active, or might have new Gym Leaders.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Zac"The Nimbasa, Driftviel, Castelia, Mistralton, Virbank, Aspertia, Opelucid, and...I forgot the last name's. But those seethe eight I challenged Gyms," Zac said

Edited by Zacax

OOC: Nicely done. =P

Summer raised an intrigued eyebrow.

"Hmm, it's not often you hear someone switch between the Kanto versions of names, and the Unovan ones. It's not expected, to be honest." Summer said with a nod. "I once was going to challenge the gyms, but all I got around to fighting were the Striaton Gym Leaders, and Nacrene City Gym Leader. I joined up with Team Plasma shortly after that."

OOC: I'm going to purposely attempt to avoid mentioned Seigeiha until we find out the American name. Meet me here in about 4 months. ... No, wait, actually, make that 5 or 6 months. I forgot to factor in that I'm not likely to be around for a while, due to Black 2. =P

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Zac"I see," Zac said, "So where is she?"OOC: I'll just say I don't remember the name then I guess.

IC: Ryan
As Ryan approached the box, he had Togie use Air Slash. The attack struck the box just as the elevator doors closed. Ryan stared at the empty box in disbelief. He had been so sure that Black would be under there. Now, however, the question was did the criminal take the elevator, or was that just another decoy? Ryan's eyes darted around the room as he stood there, unsure of what to do next.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Black==-

Black smirked, as he waited in the elevator, heard a crash as the box was torn through.

He must've attacked it, hoping I was in there. I'd have figured he was smarter than that. Black thought, as he waited for the elevator to reach the top.

"Probably at the Musical or something." Summer said with a shrug. "Main thing is, the stage isn't being used, so let's get this battle underway." Summer said, as she jumped up onto one end of the stage, and prepared for the upcoming battle.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacZac got on the other side and readied Valor's pokeball, "Just do you know, your dealing with the guy defeated the elite four, sadly not the champion. GO VALOR!" he said and Valor came out and flapped his wings

"It's not past achievements that matter; it's what happens right now." Summer said with a smile, as she sent her new Tepig out, and then frowned. "Um... Ember...?" Summer asked, as the Tepig looked back at her, and shook it's head, indicating it didn't know that move. "I see... Tackle, then!" Summer called out, hoping it knew that move, as it nodded, and dashed forward, attempting to slam into the Rufflet quickly, even as a slight glow surrounded it.

OOC: Oh, I did mention it was like one or two fights away from evolving, right? =P

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacRufflet got hit by the attack, "Valor us sky drop!" Zac said and then Rufflet picked up the Tepig and flew up into the sky, struggling a bit.

OOC: Hahaha! What funny timing; my own Rufflet I'm trying to evolve just learned Sky Drop over on Black. =P Second coincidence, the next Pokemon I'm training after this is a Tepig. I wonder if the game or the RPG is trying to tell me something? =P

Summer frowned slightly, as she thought over what moves the Tepig might have.

"Try Tail Whip!" Summer called out; the Tepig indeed did have the move, and attempted to whack the Rufflet's face with it's tail, even as it began to glow slightly more brightly.

OOC:

Evolution Notes One; Pignite/Piglite

Trainer: Summer "White" Shirayuki

Appearance: No difference.

Personality: Ever since Summer 'adopted' the abandoned Tepig, she has grown even more carefree than when the ruthless Ryan "Black" Hikari. However, she is still Adamant about fighting whoever her opponent is.

Ability: Blaze

Specialty: Piglite specialty is higher Attack and Special Attack than other stats and than most others of it's species, even with her Adamant nature. However, Piglite can use it's speed slightly better than most others of it's species. It's Special Attack has slightly decreased in effectiveness since evolving, in favour of slightly better Attack.

Known Moves: Superpower(EGG)(Causes the Pignite to be winded for a few moments, as if it just used a Hyper Beam or Giga Impact move.), Tackle, Tail Whip, Flame Charge, Smog

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Zac"Alright then!" Zac said, "This is interesting, Ariel Ace!" Rufflet nodded and charged at the Pignite.

Edited by Zacax

OOC: Actually, it hasn't finished evolving yet. I'm more or less waiting for Parugi to approve Piglite's evolution first.

It was mostly a pre-evolution approval, so I can evolve it next post. =P

Edited by An/A Blade

OOC: Alright fixed it.

OOC: Looks fine by me, Blade.And in this flurry of... two people posting back and forth (which should seriously be slowed down, guys, or at least consist of longer posts...) I've lost track of Sonja and everyone else. What's going on?IC - Kyle Eston - Pokemon Center: Kyle looked forward again, away from Seth. "I'm sorry for your problems," he said. "Now let me deal with mine."Without another word the Liberty agent left, disappearing through the door of the Pokemon Center and into the crowded streets. He didn't seem to be going in any particularly direction, instead simply following the flow of the crowd, which was going toward a nearby park. Before long, he had virtually vanished in the sea of people.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: From what I understand, Zac took Summer to the Pokemon Center to get her bandaged up. While they were there, Blair, Whitlea, and N were rushed into the hospital as well, although N left soon after to go after Black. Then Zac and Summer headed to Nimbasa's Gym to have a battle.

Sonja, Evan, Orange, Zach, and Ellen should still be on Route 16 (east of Nimbasa). :)

Ryan was still unsure of what to do. Should had look for Black on the bridge, or should he assume that the criminal was still hiding in the gatehouse? Glancing around the gatehouse, he didn't see any signs of movement. After another split second of hesitation, he hopped back onto Togie and flew out the western exit of the gatehouse, ready to fly over to the bridge, hoping that Black was actually there.

IC: Ellen
"Hey, look! There's Togie!" Ellen cried, pointing toward the bridge. She could see a Togekiss flying up and heading away from them, toward the east. "We should follow them!"

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: I'm sorry about that. =/

And what Konuju says is right; everyone but Zac and Summer are still on Route 16. I was kinda waiting for Sonja to say something about the situation, which Summer had explained admittedly kinda vaguely due to her not knowing anyone in the group or Black's name, before I had the group go elsewhere.

The elevator, at that moment, had reached the bridge, and Black ran out of the elevator, and began to high-tail it across the bridge, hoping that he had managed to escape the notice of that one guy, who appeared to insist on chasing him. He wasn't pleased about the direction he was headed in, but he could always go around the city and the forest that he was approaching.

The glow brightened to normal evolution standards, and then after a few moments, a Pignite was standing there instead.

"Flame Charge to counter that." Summer called out, a smile on her face, as the Pignite nodded. She dashed forward, and then attempted to slam into the Rufflet was covered in flames quickly; though the slash from the Aerial Ace did do some damage that likely wouldn't help the fight at all.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacRufflet was hit by flame charge, and flew back to the ground. "Alright!" Zac said with excitement, "Brave Bird!" Rufflet nodded and became cloaked in a blue light and started to flt very fast at the newly evolved Pignite. Zac had a smile across his face, this was going to be an awesome battle.

Edited by Zacax

OOC: Just remember Parugi's request about trying to slow down our posts a little bit, or at least making them longer, Zacax.

"Counter that with Superpower." Summer responded, recalling hearing the command being used as she approached the battle. The Pignite stood her ground; and waited for the last possible moment to unleash it's stored energy, as it attempted to knock out the Rufflet, possibly in exchange for the Pignite herself being knocked out, due to damage, and the Brave Bird attack in general.

OOC: Since surprisingly, if you have a normal/flying Pokemon, fighting moves are actually neutral. Found that out a few times when attempting to fight off Cheren's Unfezant. =P

Edited by An/A Blade

OOC: Got it, I'm gonna stop after this post till someone else like Konuju or ParugiIC: ZacRufflet was flying faster and faster and just as he made contact with the Pignite, he was blown away by the sheer power of Super power. "Whoa!" Zac said as he saw Rufflet hitting the wall behind him and rushed over to it as it fell to the ground. Zac caught it and saw it was knocked out by the sheer power of the pignite's move and Brave Bird. "That Pignite has some power!" Zac commented on summer's newly evolved Pokemon.

Edited by Zacax

"Yes, it definitely does." Summer agreed, as she walked over to the Pignite, which had fainted due to the attacks from before, and the usage of the move so soon after evolving. "I'm going to name you... Piglite." Summer said, as she recalled the fainted Pokemon, and walked back over to the other side of the room. "I don't think any of my other Pokemon are even close to evolving, to be honest." Summer said with a slight frown.

Edited by An/A Blade

Ryan spotted Black about halfway down the bridge. He glanced behind him, wondering if Sonja, Orange, and the others were coming to help. Either way, he knew that he had to get that girl's Oshawott back. As Togie dove toward the criminal, Ryan threw Dewott's Pokeball as hard as he could. The Pokeball landed on the bridge several feet in front of Black as the Dewott popped out, scalchops in hand, ready to stop Black.

Edited by Konuju

IC: Zac "I think Z-pup, Bite and Valr are going to soon," Zac said, "Go Mega!" he said and sent out his Gollet, "What's your next Pokemon Summer?" he asked,

IC Alex:"He has been gone too long. We're going to help." Alex grabbed a Pokeball off his belt and sent out Rufflet. "See Togie?" He pointed to the bridge where it was hovering."I want you to get there as fast as you can and help out Ryan okay?" The little bird Pokemon nodded its head and took off to the bridge. "Come on!" With that Alex took off towards the bridge with whoever was following behind him. Empoleon was still out and ran side by side with him.IC Ben:In the madness that had occured victory had come to one side. Dust clearing up showed Snivy and Poochyena barely hanging on and Zoroark on the ground fainted. "Well looks like this is finally over with." Ben said with attitude."You two were quite the battlers and might I say Ben nice display of the Dark types." Karen said, "Now what is it you two wanted again?"

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

Black, however, simply kept running, and threw a smoke ball like a baseball, right into the Dewott's face, as he dashed across the bridge, knowing his pursuers were fast on his trail, which caused him to growl.

Summer said nothing, and instead simply sent out her own ghost type; Litlite.

"Night Shade." Summer stated, as she prepared to actually get serious with this battle.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Zac"Alrigt then, shadow punch!" Zac commanded and then the Gollet charged at the Litwick with its right hand glowing ominous purple glow.

"Ember on the Golett's hand." Summer countered, as the Litwick jumped up, and then fired an ember straight down at the Golett's hand as it passed by, intending to possibly burn it in the process, or at the very least, do some damage to the Pokemon.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacThe ember attack hit Gollet, but on the left hand. It caused damage and also a slight burn, and caused Gollet to be distracted and started to flail its left arm, "Mega focus! Focus on Shadow Punch!" Zac said, and then Gollet jumped to the Litwick and used Shadow Punch.

"Wait for me!" Ellen cried as she, Solo, Artemis, and Terry all ran after Alex.

IC: Dewott
Dewott coughed as the smoke ball hit her, swinging her scalchops wildly in hopes of hitting Black.

IC: Dack
"The Darkrai that have taken over the entire Sinnoh Region," Dack reminded Karen as he recalled his Snivy.

"Oh, that's right," Karen smiled. "You want me to try and help the victims of the Darkrai."

"In particular, my friends from Snowpoint," Dack nodded."Why don't we discuss this elsewhere?" Karen suggested. "Where is the nearest Rocket headquarters?"

"Chapel, near Victory Road," Hannah said.

"Alright, then," the Elite Four member replied, leading the way out of the cave.

Edited by Konuju

Black, was hit by one of the swipes, and grimaced, but continued to run, staggering through the smoke cloud at first, as he gripped his side; once he got out of the cloud, he noticed he was almost to the elevator... Just a little further...

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach calmly stepped in front of Ellen on his way back to the group; Alex already having passed him before he could react.

"They can handle themselves. I caught the last part of the battle; the Tyranitar's fainted, which means it's likely that Black won't send it out again, no matter what. He might be cruel, but even he knows not to push his Pokemon." Zach said, as he placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her from running into what might be danger; despite what he said, Zach inwardly realized that there might be a chance that Black could do something crazy.

Summer frowned, as the Litwick was smashed away.

"... Heat Wave." Summer said as she adjusted her glasses; Litlite glowed, and sent out a powerful fire-type attack toward the Golett, which forced Summer to recall her Litwick, as it had used up it's energy in that attack, however, she waited to see the results of the attack before she sent out her next Pokemon.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacGollet stood there and let the Heat Wave hit him. The fiery flames exploded the Golem Pokemon, and the once the flames vanished, Mega was on it's knees, "Nice job Mega!"

OOC: I'm sorry about that. =/And what Konuju says is right; everyone but Zac and Summer are still on Route 16. I was kinda waiting for Sonja to say something about the situation, which Summer had explained admittedly kinda vaguely due to her not knowing anyone in the group or Black's name, before I had the group go elsewhere.
OOC: np.Alright.... Which post do I need to reply to? Although, do you really need a reaction shot from Sonja at this point? If the group needs to move then the group needs to move--don't wait for someone if you don't have to. =p

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Dewott
When Dewott felt her scalchop hit Black, she whirled around to try and strike him again. Unfortunately, all this did was turn her around. The Dewott stumbled through the thick smoke, trying to find her way out.

Ryan grimaced as he saw Black run out of the smoke cloud. He wanted to chase after him immediately, but he knew he had to find Dewott first. As he had Togie blow away the smoke with its wings, a Rufflet flew in from behind him. "You're Alex's Rufflet, right?" Ryan asked. The small bird Pokemon nodded. "Alright then, I need you to keep an eye on Black. I'll catch up to you once I get Dewott."

"Alright," Ellen said as she watched Alex run off into the distance. "I just hope you're right."

Edited by Konuju

OOC: You don't really a reaction, but technically we're also waiting for Ryan and Alex to return and such. =P

Summer nodded, as she gripped the Pokeball that contained Sandlite.

"Alright; let's go. Fire Fang!" Summer called out, as she sent out her second-last Pokemon to try and turn this fight around.

OOC: I think I'll withdraw the idea for Summer to trade Sandlite with Zach, and instead have her team involve being themed in order to have a fire-type move on every single one of her Pokemon. =P

Black continued to run across the bridge, even as a lady with a bunch of Patrat and an odd man stared after him. Black cared about none of that; he just wanted to get to the other elevator...

/EDIT:

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach nodded, and carefully turned Ellen around, as he began to walk back to the group, wondering what to do now, even as he took Kyurem's God Stone out of his backpack for the moment, and looked at it with a frown.

"... I'm sorry, was I late again? I tend to miss everything all the time." A voice called out from near Zach, and Zach turned for a moment, and saw Burgh standing there. "I see you discarded my cape; no worries, I can always replace it once Castelia's rebuilt. For now, I believe we have something to settle. Luckily, I have prepared myself, and brought my badge case with me, so I can still reward you for the fight." Burgh said, and walked forward as Zach nodded, and looked to Ellen.

"You should go on ahead; or even bring the others here, they might want to see me battle a Gym Leader for once." Zach said, even as he placed the God Stone back in his backpack.

-==IC: Orange==-

Orange frowned, as everyone sat around, while waiting for the others to return.

"What was he planning to do with the legendary dragons...? What would have happened if he had've succeeded, and we hadn't been there?" Orange sighed, as he reached into his bag, and pulled out the slightly glowing Light Stone he had retrieved. "I wish we could figure out some more about all of this..." Orange said, as he sighed again.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ZacGollet had already took a lot of damage, ready to drop. And he did once that Fire Fang attack hit it. The Gollet fainted and Zac recalled it, "Noce job mega, come out Bite!" Zac said and then Totodile came out bouncing around. "Bite focus! Use Ice Fang!" Zac said and the. Bite's teeth began to turn cold and then frozen and hen charged at the Sandile with its mouth opened.

OOC: Added two more ICs and a gym leader appearance to my last post.

Summer nodded, thinking that this was going well; and sighed.

"Sandlite; take the attack, and Bite it back." Summer called out, as the Sandile simply stayed in one spot, and took the Ice Fang attack on it's shoulder; however, it wasn't enough to faint it still, and the Sandile attempted to bite the Totodile in return.

OOC: Crocodile vs. Crocodile. =P If it wasn't for the fact that I've only used this maybe... once, and you probably don't have much more EXP... I'd suggest dual evolutions to fight each other to an epic end, though we still have Pokemon left. Ah well; save that for a rematch when everything fits better. =P

Edited by An/A Blade