The Official Minecraft Topic

As of 10:32 AM EST, I am having no difficulties logging into and playing Minecraft, which makes it seem likely that, while there is one specific guy who's in charge of resetting the log in servers, there is not only one specific guy who is competent to reset them.

you should have seen their twitters...loli was on the MC forums reading what was going on last night. it was like they had no idea what to do. i'm guessing someone must have contacted the guy who's supposed to do it or something.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

wasn't a big deal. i spent downtime developing a circuit so that circuit loops start when you enter a room and shuts off then you leave via pressure plates. now to see if it works in multiplayer.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Hope it does work.Meanwhile, me, Unit, and Ddude have been working on a massive cannon, the goal being to blow the top off of an endstone tower in the sea near Northdesert. Currently up to 198 blocks of fuel in use on the cannon, and 2 blocks of ammo.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

There is a bit of trial-and-error. I prefer to build mine out of bedrock, or, failing that, obsidian, and always use a water trough to shield the circuitry.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

the results are random sometimes. my friend was messing with a cannon he built and half the time it just blew up.

This topic so far

Vs.

Yeah, we managed to knock the cakes off of the tower with an airburst shot, but we ended up overbuilding the thing and making some pretty stupid errors. I'm going to tear it down and start from scratch today.UPDATE: Cannon was rebuilt, latest shot blasted a big hole into the upper part of the tower.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

uh, the cannon is freaking massive now

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

Vs.

uh, the cannon is freaking massive now

That's the general concept of cannons as I understand them, yes.We talking Bond Villain Doomsday Device big here, or more like an explosion out of a Bayformers movie?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I swear with all the explosives and blowing ###### up do we even do anything constructive?

Well yeahwe're constructive, the servers current plethora of cool houses proves that really.It's just that tnt is in right now, like how vending machines used to be cool on the server.

I've been trying to build a small tower-type-thing, but I'm having a drought of ideas. I was going to add something to the sides, but dirt scaffolds are a pain.Everything I want to build on a large scale I'd prefer to do in my own maps.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I swear with all the explosives and blowing ###### up do we even do anything constructive?

Go to Po-Koro, and walk north for a bit.Ask that question again after you've done so.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

considering the cannon shoots in a straight line, there's an infinite amount of space you can build on either side that is risk free.

This topic so far

Vs.

create a building right in front of it with a large hole in the middle so the cannon can fire through it.Inappropriate language removed. -B6

Edited by Black Six
This topic so far

Vs.

Or I could use pistons so that the building basically splits in half whenever the cannon fires. With variable firing angles, it would make sure that the building is always out of the way of the cannon.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

hey, where is Driken's house?

Can we not start that argument here man? Guys who know my house location do not tell him he wants to grief it for a stupid reason.
it's ok now that it has been resolved, and i posted that when it started.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Cluster-shot cannon has been less than successful. Suspect a problem with the ammo feed, but I don't know what it is.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The left wing of The Citadel Complex has been completed! One apartment (Two beds) is for rent and the cafe is not open for business yet, but you can still hang out there!EDIT: and the elevator is not operational yet, obvouisly

Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I need someone who knows more about cannons than me to inspect my latest project and tell me why it shoots up. It doesn't look like any vertical cannon I've ever seen, the fuel is all behind the ammo, but it shoots vertically.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. My cannon doesn't display the radial symmetry that seems to be typical of vertical cannons, which is kind of weird.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Lots of chat about the end, so it seems.Well, (me being the subject changer that i am) would rather like to talk seeds.Whats your favorite seed, and why?Mine is either lost (spawns you in a jungle and leads to a mushroom biome),or fight! fight! fight! (NPC village near spawn place, huge ravine full of ore and two waterfalls)

I like the seed indianajones, though there's also a random seed I used once that spawned me in the middle of a vast tundra - an excellent place to be if you're an experienced player looking for either a tough survival experience or a relatively flat place to build. Not so good if it's your first creative map and, in the state of power-drunkenness that seems typical of such experiences, you declare war on water and decide to replace all water with lava.EDIT: After having a quick look at the pyramids in this snapshot, I must say they aren't quite what I expected, but they'll do fine.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ender Chests would seem more useful to me if ones made on servers were only linked to those made by the player who made them. If that were the case, I would put some key items in limbo, then call them up from a magic box whenever I really need them.So in other words, as-is they're only extraordinarily useful, and not actually mind-blowingly useful.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

My advice would be to not install the snapshot. I always like playing Minecraft with a stable version, because you never really know what innovative disaster was accidentally included in the latest snapshot.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom