The Official Minecraft Topic

So I've been thinking, for my *censored* I want a group shot of all the active players in the server, so would it be possible for all of you guys to organize together on a certain date?Main problem I see is my schedule, and the only for-certain date I can give is May 6th, afternoonish. So yeah, probably hard to get everyone on at the same time.

i seriously doubt that will happen. i've never seen more than 4 other people on at once before. we could try but i just don't think it'll happen.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Plus you have to consider the timezones. I'm assuming we have players from at least three different timezones, Australia, America and England/Ireland. Half of us would be asleep at any given time.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Plus America has multiple timezones within it, so yeah, fat chance of getting us all on at once.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You know, I was thinking, someone should comply a big list of all the BZPers that go on the server and what their names are. I'm getting confused as to who I'm talking to xD

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Right we have a tunnel with a rail track going from bzmetru to bzkoro, who's tunnel is this?

I have one which goes from my house to samuraigoroh's, but I dunno if you mean a completely different one.
No, this ones three by three in width and height but you can find the ends of it though wit a bit of work.First go to the bzmetru railway, if you look around the waters surrounding it you should find a glass tunnel, back at the bzmetru railway is a hidden trapdoor to the tunnel under the tracks near one of the stations.At the other end go to bzkoro and look for a large wooden platform with nothing on it. This will be a bit of a distance away from the warp and close to the shore facing the bedrock tower, near the wooden platform is the other end of the underground railway.

Yes, I know this tunnel. No idea who built it, but I'm rather fond of it. Undersea railways are something I've always been quite fond of.At some point, I would like to build a large city somewhere in Kadath - perhaps towards the central part of the continent. This would then, of course, have roads and railways connecting it to the five Koros on that continent (Le-Koro, placed far to the south, would be excluded from this plan).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

In other news, I've recently taken it upon myself to install a moderator that lets me save the server map to my harddrive. With that, what I'll do is go all around the map, set the render distance the farthest I can get (half a kilo), go as high up as possible, and scan around. Then I'll make a map with cartographer or something.No idea how well it'll work, but I'm getting annoyed at not being able to properly find my way around.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Right that tunnel I've been discussing belongs to a member named Coubi I think.Anyway since he's harder to find than a diamond and the tunnels been abandoned for who knows how long ... shall I try turning it into a proper underground railway?

Pigman Square? Not sure what that is, exactly. Something in the Nether, by the sound of the name. Mind describing it?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Right that tunnel I've been discussing belongs to a member named Coubi I think.Anyway since he's harder to find than a diamond and the tunnels been abandoned for who knows how long ... shall I try turning it into a proper underground railway?

Please leave it as is for now. I'm sorry I haven't been on the server for a while (so much schoolwork), but I'm planning to get right back on that as soon as I can.

fjRqLk4.jpg

Right everything seems to be going swimmingly now, ... can we do something about the nether fort? it's been torn half apart in a rather messy way.

We could send somebody with creative in there to restore things. It's mostly just stairs and the area immediately around the portal that were messed up.Speaking of, since it's apparently my portal leading there... If you're going to use it, PLEASE close the stairs behind you. It just bugs me to be walking around in my house and find that open. If I wanted it open, I wouldn't have made the floor close around them.Or you could just use the portal right outside the Hub, since you exit to there it should lead you there.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Or you could just use the portal right outside the Hub, since you exit to there it should lead you there.~|ET|~

It's much more fun breaking into your house whenever I need to go the Nether. xD

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I always use your portal to get to the Nether, but as I always close the stairs, it's not a big issue.Regarding the Nether Fortress, the destruction of it could easily be halted if free Netherbrick was provided, instead of me having to rip fortresses apart to acquire it. I try to keep the wholesale destruction of the fortress away from the portal, but I take stairs and fences wherever I can find them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I always use your portal to get to the Nether, but as I always close the stairs, it's not a big issue.Regarding the Nether Fortress, the destruction of it could easily be halted if free Netherbrick was provided, instead of me having to rip fortresses apart to acquire it. I try to keep the wholesale destruction of the fortress away from the portal, but I take stairs and fences wherever I can find them.

Why take stairs and fences when you can make them with brick?Edit= BRAINWAVE! Best idea ever, you guy's know my onu-koro museum? how about adding a history section to it to detail some of the events that happened in the server since we arrived and some of our best builds.What should we include though? Edited by The Invisible Noob

Efficiency, obviously. Not only is taking stairs and fences less time-consuming, but you lose two blocks when crafting stairs.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Right, on other news, Nav we need usage of our lava back ... and maybe tnt if its okay. Point is that If We cant build incredibly manly lava lights us bzmetruians are going to go mad.Ps history section of museum, yay or nay?

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Random question: what are you guys' skins? Mine is the Iron Man Mk. III armor, but after seeing The Avengers, I need to make a Mk. VII skin. Friggin' beautiful. Come to think of it, I really need to have skins of all the armor versions.Oh, and yay for the history section.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

I'm sure some have noticed but for those who don't I joined the server in time I learned pigmen hate me, death is hunting me, and piston doors are good secret entrances. Cobui I currently use my evil jester skin and with 11 others Kalmah and the jester are my favorites so expect to see those.

I'm just ToaD

Random question: what are you guys' skins? Mine is the Iron Man Mk. III armor, but after seeing The Avengers, I need to make a Mk. VII skin. Friggin' beautiful. Come to think of it, I really need to have skins of all the armor versions.Oh, and yay for the history section.

My skin is myself, including my favourite jacket, but with an added logo on the back (which is unfortunately getting a bit small for me...).Occasionally I might use the Johto Pokémon Trainer or a skin of Takanuva, though. Neku Sakuraba is another favourite skin of mine, but I haven't used it in a donkeys age.EDIT: Dear lord! I just got a silk touch, efficiency 4 iron axe. I'm sticking this in a chest until its needed... Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

so as some of you know, i finished the gauntlet project i started a while ago. i've been slowly, off and on, trying to cover it up so only the doorway is visible. i've had a huge project running in another server so i haven't been on much lately, but i'll try to get back to it soon.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

My skin is currently a Cyberman (post-2005 design, not classic Doctor Who).And, yes, the use of lava is something that I would like to see returned. While placing lava can be used for griefing, in the absence of the ability to place it, the removal of lava that is supposed to be there can just as easily be used for the same purpose.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2196/potatos.pngThis is an image created from my singleplayer file. MCmapper is quite the program.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Nav, we have a problem: Pistons on the server cannot push or pull rails of any type. As a matter of fact, they will not update their extended/retracted state while a rail is touching the piston face: extended pistons will still be extended after you stop supplying power to them. Fix?~Unit#phntk#1

Yes, that is a rather strange issue I've seen on the server.On another note, mappers don't work on the server. I put myself through a neat bit of frustration (and bugged everyone else half to death in the process, not including the frustrated freak-out that followed some time later, when I apparently decided that was the perfect time to start being a useless tool) installing JourneyMap, and while it's nice that I now know how to install mods, it was made all the more frustrating by the fact that it didn't do what I wanted it to do when I tried using it on the server. From what I have heard from those in a better position to know about this, it's possible that getting mappers to work is a simple matter of changing a single setting. If that is the case, I would like to see mappers enabled as soon as possible so we can get a detailed, up-to-date map of everything we have explored on the server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I also had mapping issues what a server related map. Me and friend share a map that we call Carthage. When I tried to map it, it would either not load, or it would be far bigger than it should be. We would end up with a small continent where we built, then vast, emtpy areas stretching out to chunks that just should not exist: Tiny, isolated spots, with absolutely no land in between there and the main area.Speaking of which, I want to move a tower from that map into my singleplayer map with MCedit, but its taller than the height limit from ground level to sky. I've decided to either make a giant crater in either the forest or the jungle, or place it in the ocean and put up a mini blockade around it to prevent the water from leaking in. Problem is I don't know how to make a believable impact crater, and was going to use the crater for another idea, and my past experiences with water have been...less than pleasant. Any ideas?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

No idea what to do there, though if you want to do a believable impact crater, just do a close study of photos of real ones.The problem I have with JourneyMap on the server is that I don't get the little message that says "JourneyMap available, got to such-and-such address or press 'J'"EDIT: Okay, seriously, lava needs to be fixed ASAP. I have a door security measure that requires lava, and as I'm currently unable to place it, that's a big problem.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The server is presently fine, and, indeed, major progress is taking place on important construction projects.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom