The Official Minecraft Topic

The Protection sign does not cover the chest. I didn't check the furnace, so I don't know if it covers that or not.I've been looking around the site for BZMetru, and I think, if we leveled most of those hills, we could get a pretty good site for a fairly organized city center going. Obviously, the hill serving as the start-point for BBCCD's bridge would have to stay, but the rest could be flattened down to make way for buildings.I'm not actually going to do anything until/unless I'm given the go-ahead to work with the build-team, so I'm just shooting off ideas right now.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Aw man... I'd probably only be interested in rebuilding my stuff (ugh is that long and annoying), so I guess I'll pass on the op-ing. This is unfortunate, though.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Well, this world appears to be entirely different, so you probably wouldn't get to rebuild exact replicas of your stuff.Myself, I'm trying to figure out how to hide my Tomb without that giant dome of convenient lava covering it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Roger zat, I vill get to vork immediately.Hills, prepare to be flattened a bit. Also, I'm going to experiment with road-pavings, see what's classiest in a city setting.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

New minecraft update; I updated to 1.2.4 and can't get on server now =(

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I'll wait on updating to 1.2.4 until the server does.In the meantime, absolutely do not build in that little valley full of torches. I'm filling it in with dirt, because level ground is an awesome thing for cities to have.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I wish you had told me that while I was on the server before you leveled it out. I wouldn't have built my house there. The entire point of it is having it up on top of a pyramid, and now that's completely ruined. >_< In the meantime, the update... Yeah, cats just became a whole lot less fun. If only they'd change them to actually be possible to find, let alone tame. ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm tempted to join the build team and ask to be opped, but then I remember how I asked alchemist to blow something up with tnt.I dont think I can be trusted with that sort of power really.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Sorry 'bout not being on in...forever...but the world got reset?Man, that sucks. I finally finished my jungle house...No matter. Sign me up to the build team, if possibe!If not... I'll help.I just hope we could get our items back... I want my 2 stacks of diaomnd, or 2 sets of diaomnd armour, a pick, a sword, and 1 stack of diaomnds plus 11.I don't feel like mining all that up, and I probably never will, either.But in all seriousness, I want to be on build team.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Thinking of joining the build team... is there any sort of formality, or do I just get on and start helping?

Nope, you just help plan the ideas for the island and do thing.Correction: The island where the resource center and the other essential buildings are are going to be an island just for those. BZ-Metru is an archipelago, and we plan to have the nearby island connected by rail and open for the majority of the housing. Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Yeah. If you want to work on it before the server updates, you've got to stick with 1.2.3.The pond on the first island is now finished, as is a neat little Acropolis-inspired building where ET's aborted house was.EDIT: The server appears to be down again, likely due to an incident with charged creepers - no explosions, just us charging them. In our defense, we didn't know that was something that would do that. Compared to the mushroom incident, this is likely to be a minor problem. We just need to get the server back up, nuke the creepers (and pigmen), and resume work.I'm really rather surprised that something as small as about 15 charged creepers would do that, but with the lightning effect around them, I guess it makes sense.EDIT 2: The server is now on 1.2.4. Optimal function has been restored. I am, alas, forced to use the default texture packs again for now.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, it's all good at the moment.From the looks of BZMetru (i.e, it's an archipelago), there will probably be train stations within BZMetru, connecting the different sections of it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hm.Hopefully it'll at least have Jungle biomes...because from the video, it has the features of... I'd say the version biomes were first intorduced in...No sign of redstone from what I've seen.but I'm blind.And as soon as I get on today, I will claim an empty jungle near BZMetru as my home.As long as it isn't too far...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

We found the person responsible for the griefings.It was accidental, really. He'd reported griefing happening earlier at the spawn, and a few minutes after the OPs finished cleaning up the mess, I happened to teleport back to the spawn - and found him doing the griefing again.It was xISUPERWOGIx, in case you're wondering. This explains why the person someone saw "griefing" his house on the old map looked so much like him.It's quite likely that he was responsible for the griefings that Fullmetal got blamed for, as we have conclusive evidence of Wog intentionally griefing, but none for Fullmetal.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Server is presently up. Any problems you're having with it are either temporary or specific to you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ah man, did they redo the server again? I had an awesome little mountain base going. :|

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Server restart, not reset. Two different things, and yes, your stuff is absolutely still there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Look at my sig, the ip address is in the banner.Anyway my house is nearing completion but I must ask, how do you make good arches in minecraft? (14 wide base)Ps= fr some reason I can't use lava, is there a reason for that or is this a one off bug?

Edited by The Invisible Noob

I'm kind of wondering what's up with the frequent server restarts now - I've seen two of them in the past day, and I'd like to know what the reason for them is.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom