The Official Minecraft Topic

Hmm. The Wither seems interesting, but for the moment, I'm rather more interested in the addition of corner stairs.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, what's the locale for the base? Any particular functional bits that are already in place and must be taken into account?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmm... Well, I can't help too much with the design until I know some basics of the locality. Something that looks proper in a desert might look rather out-of-place in the mountains.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, that might have to wait until you've got a game started. I will say that, for extreme hills, cobblestone, mossy stone, and smooth stone are very good materials, while sandstone works better for the exterior of a structure in the desert.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

XXaron and I are on the look for a server for BZpower currently, but we also reached the conclusion that a good amount (and possibly all) of you will have Moderator status on it, so wish us look on that.
*cheers* That'll be fun, it's been WAY too long since I've played with you guys in-game. :cry_happy:

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Okay, that makes sense. I suppose we can start brainstorming ideas for different locales? :w:
I recommend extreme hills as they have served me well, and they are good for some large projects *cough cough* my castle*cough cough*.
While extreme hills is awesome, quite frankly I've always found taiga to be a great biome, the readily available snow and wood is a nice bonus for building projects. But admittedly I have a bias towards snowy biomes, a better way to find out which one is best would be to go on a big trek and look for an interesting spot to build with good scenery.
Ddude finished his server, but I don't know if he's started inviting BZPower members yet.~Unit#phntk#1
Ohhh awesome, do tell him I'm interested, plllleeeeasse Edited by The Invisible Noob

I usually build bases on the edge of a plains biome, where it leads into another, like a Forest or Taiga, for the sake of wood.Looking forward to seeing the Tekkit server, it would be awesome seeing everyone in one place again.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Right, quick buildcraft question.I'm planning to build a refinery and I'm wondering what to use to power it, I'd like to use lava with a geothermal generator and energy link but there's no volcano within easy reach so I'm shelving that idea for now.So what'd be a better energy source to use?

Have you considered an Ender Chest and pumping from the Nether? :w:
Hmm guess I could use a world anchor and an ender chest to move the lava.And I know where I can find a volcano.Guess that's a good idea then, gonna have to hunt an enderman down first tho

Anyone heard of the Transporter Bukkit plugin?Basically, it allows interserver transportation.Coincidentally, Notch spoke of making Nether portals also be able to transport you between servers waaaaaaay back in the Alpha days.The latest screenshot let's entities (mobs, items, minecarts) though the Nether portals.One could put this all together to make a moderator where you use portals to transport between servers.I'll be waiting for massive railcart systems that transport you to dozens of servers.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Right, quick buildcraft question.I'm planning to build a refinery and I'm wondering what to use to power it, I'd like to use lava with a geothermal generator and energy link but there's no volcano within easy reach so I'm shelving that idea for now.So what'd be a better energy source to use?
You can make an infinite lava source witha Volcanite Amulet, Deployer, and redstone timer. You need to supply redstone to fuel the amulet, but mass amounts of redstone aren't hard to produce with EE.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

My Tekkit server's been up and running for weeks, I'm just too lazy to decide who I want to invite :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Meanwhile, my reproduction of Chand Baori has turned out to be nothing of the sort. Due to the non-alternating step-pattern, the interior has a decidedly more Mayan feel than I had originally expected. It's likely that the exterior will have some influence from Mayan pyramids, though Roman-style aqueducts will likely also be used. I suspect that the whole thing will be connected to a temple-like structure that will most likely be chiefly Hindu and Muslim in architectural influence, though I might just be able to squeeze a bit of Egypt into something that uses exactly no sandstone at all. There will certainly be a large minaret, in style derived from the very same one that served as the basis for the Temple of the Sun and Moon on the old server map, but I rather expect that I'll be putting a spiral aqueduct on that.The good news, for those who aren't fond of puzzles, is that this isn't going to be a Zelda-style temple. Just a straightforward Technic vanity project - my first, unless the aborted Magellan Archives from my previous world counts. (It doesn't, the Archives would have been functional in addition to being a massive brass-domed building with a giant map on the floor.)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

My Tekkit server's been up and running for weeks, I'm just too lazy to decide who I want to invite :P
Dude! What about MTM and me from the site Blade is admin of?! :PAlso, does anyone know what seed/map/whatever is used as the backdrop of the Technic launcher? It's a cool world, I wouldn't mind having my own copy. ;)

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Well, I am finally getting Minecraft! But while I don't fail at computers, I know how to keep it clean of viruses. I know there are many versions of minecraft with viruses on it, so i would like clarification on which one is the best. If you can't say the link here, PM me. Thanks!EDIT: I think i found it. It has the name of the game with a ".net", is this that the right one?

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Ok, thanks!EDIT: This is not right. The checkout page does not look secured (have an "sss" adress), and it says"Due to legal restrictions, we cannot currently accept registrations from residents of Illinois.Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience."Which makes no sence at all... A little help?

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

There's a couple help articles on the site that show exactly what's happening; it's in fact secured, it just doesn't show it yet; and the state of Illinois is listed as 'coming soon' on the website of one of the payment places, but switching to another state apparently works.To check, you're not using Paypal, correct?

No, I can't use paypal. The currency changes to I believe is English currency, Instead of US currency like the rest.Another problem I had was that it wouldn't allow my email. My dad used his credit card, and I used my email. It shouldn't matter, we've done it before, and you shouldn't even know my dads email by his credit card, yet that was the only email it would allow. Also, it doesn't make sence that it is not allowed in my state, and they have no contact information at all. I did reaserch, and I have seen that other people have had the same problems. They now have our credit card number, and I have nothing. Even if it's not a scam, they are very disorganized. On top of that, my dad is not going to try again, so I'm not getting minecraft even if i was able to.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

For those who are interested (i.e. no one) I fixed my refinery problem by powering it with steam engines fueled with charcoal from my condenser. This is after pumping a volcano dry disappointingly quickly, so much so I'm beginning to lose faith in lava as an energy source.

You need client side Tekkit, yes.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

For those who are interested (i.e. no one) I fixed my refinery problem by powering it with steam engines fueled with charcoal from my condenser. This is after pumping a volcano dry disappointingly quickly, so much so I'm beginning to lose faith in lava as an energy source.
Not interested in using the infinite lava source set up, then? Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

OK, so my mobavator now has a workable setup, the crucible is set up and I have some basic piping going along the access corridor, along with a thaumium-reinforced vis tank to store my vis/taint until I get my new lab set up. How big of a room should I build for this workshop?

Well, that depends on how much stuff you want in it. My workroom is about 10x21x3, and there's a lot of empty space in it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom