The Official Minecraft Topic

The interesting thing about Endermen is how easy it is to keep one distracted. Snow Golems are the perfect tool for irritating an Enderman - they keep the poor sods on their toes, and they never actually hit their mark, so the Endermen don't actually turn around and kill the Golems.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I must've been lucky, then, because it never noticed me, and we both just kept on our ways. xDThat said, everything was going perfectly, until I attempted to cut off a source of lava. Note to everyone, if you're trying to do that, make sure you're sneaking, otherwise you might instead attempt to swim in lava. -_-;

Yeah, if you don't look directly at an Enderman, it won't attack. Still, Ender Pearls are useful - moreso in Technic, of course - and Endermen make bad neighbors.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd suggest just building a giant pumpkin farm, to be honest. One sufficiently large enough can net you a constant supply of pumpkins. I can make well over a stack when my farm is full, and they've usually started growing again by the time I'm finished harvesting them all.Alternatively, you can shove them all into your transmutation tablet and turn them into items worth less EMC (a stack of pumpkins is just a little over enough EMC for a diamond), so you could probably mass produce something like leather.
Nono, I mean, I HAVE millions upon millions of EMC, and I need stacks of stuff to turn into Vis. I don't want to make 50 trips back and forth dumping stacks of cobblestone into the crucible for miniscule amounts of vis, I want a stack of stuff I can dump in once and have enough Vis for an in-game week of infusing/enchanting. ;)Also, am I the only person who wishes Endermen could be tamed? :P

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Nitor is a pretty good thing for tossing into Crucibles. Cobblestone is absolutely terrible, but you should be careful with tossing things in - if the Crucible overflows, very bad things will happen.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Thus why I love the Thaumium Crucible--can't overflow. ;-) KK, Nitor will be the way to go, then. ;-)

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. I'm still using a standard Crucible, because upgrading that honestly isn't my priority right now.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I dump stacks of diamonds into my crucibles when I need to.God, I love Mark III arrays.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I have two Mark III 17.5 arrays: one above my starter house (which is due for an upgrade once I've worked out some more stuff) and one imbedded in the ceiling of my occultic enchanting room (which reminds me, I haven't harvested that one in like...forever. I probably have a Klein Star Omega's worth of Dark Matter blocks in it by now blush.png ).Speaking of my occultic enchanter...it's awesome. It really is. I have a Relic Hunter 2/Looting 2/Ice Aspect I Thaumium sword now. Now I just need some Thaumcraft zombies so I can get Zombie Brains again after I stupidly spent them ALL on brains in jars. >_<

Hmm... Maybe I should make an array that's actually optimized for directing energy into the Condenser, rather than one that's primarily a charging array. Hmm.Once the current project is done, I may have to look into getting that done.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I took a leaf out of Alex's book and created several small arrays for the purpose of charging Klein Stars. That Alchemy Tower I built awhile back? Filled it with seven small arrays after I learned about buildcraft pipes, and each one produces and diamonds, which flow into a single charging array at the bottom. Its kinda mesmerizing watching them flow downward...

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

OK, I think I completely misunderstand how advanced vis filters work. Do they, or do they not, work when put in a line? Do they, or do they not, act as normal vis pipes for regular vis, provided there is a device causing suction at the other end of the line?EDIT: More Importantly... I have a tank full of Taunt. HOW THE HECK DO I EMPTY IT USING ADVANCED VIS FILTERS?! AND WHY IS IT DRAWING TAINT AT 10 TCB?!?!

Edited by Flipz

I suggest getting several Totems of the Dawn ready and evacuating the area. Even a Thaium reinforced tank will explode in a few minecraft days if it's full of taint.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Calm down, mate. Tanks always have a sort of suction to them.I've never bothered with filters, so I can't answer your questions there. The best option, I find, for taking taint out of a system is as follows.S=Crucible/SourceC=ConduitP=Purifier[Loads of things branching from three sides that aren't relevant]=S=PCPPCP=P=Five purifiers occupying their own branch, so they don't gum up the works for everything else, and three branches left free for actual work. For your situation, connect the purifiers to the conduit leading to and from the tank, so you can contain the problem.EDIT: Totems of Dawn won't save this thing, Alex. They don't alter atmospheric taint at all. What needs to be done is a simple drawing-off of the contents of the tank, and a stern remonstration that tanks shouldn't be filled and left to sit, especially when taint is 100% of what's in them.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Actually, my Totems of Dawn seem to be hugely increasing my Vis levels and decreasing my atmospheric Taint levels, but the Silverwood trees I built don't seem to be doing a thing. :wacko:The issue with the tank seems to be that the tank itself seems to have 10 TCB, while the purifiers have only 5 TCB. I'm not sure if that is intended, or if the moderator designer just didn't think things through, but I took my arcane pump and hooked it up to a purifier, and things seem to be slowly getting better now. But GOSH that issue was frustrating--no matter how many purifiers I hooked up to the thing, it just wouldn't drain!

Don't purifiers need vis to operate?

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

No, purifiers just draw in Taint and destroy it. They don't even have any suction on Vis.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ymper is right, purifiers are the perfect way of destroying taint. Filters are somewhat worthless if you're concerned about the atmospheric taint level.For some reason Rubys, Saphires and Emeralds have suddenly decided to no longer have item sprites for me and have become pink squares. After flicking through NEI, many other redpower related items seem to have the same issue, though not all of them.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Yes, in the latest version of Technic, I have that problem with Vis ores, marble, microblocks, and a few other things.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

For everyone's future reference: One fully charged Klein Star Omega (51,200,000 EMC) is enough to build 2 full 17/5 flowers with just a little under 20,000,000 EMC to spare.EDIT: Here, I'll make it even easier: a full 17/5 lower, fully lit with jack-o-lanterns, costs just 15,531,593 EMC to build, assuming you've made all of the components at least once. ;-)

Edited by Flipz

Well, to be fair, I have yet to enact my Cybercow plan, although I think the DNA modification, if I got it, would be helpful for that. Cow+Iron Golem=...probably something awful.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Is Ddude's server online right now, or have you guys found a different home?Also, Thaumcraft IS a part of Tekkit, correct?

I don't know if Thaumcraft is included in Tekkit. I don't think it is at present, but once Technic/Tekkit updates to 1.3 Minecraft, one of two things will happen. Either all non-multiplayer mods will just cease to be things that exist, or they'll be updated, and with only one game code between SP and MP, that would mean they'd be in both Technic and Tekkit.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Thaumcraft is most definitely not included in Tekkit.Also, Ddude's server has been up for a week or two, but he hasn't started inviting BZP members to it yet as far as I know. I do know of a Tekkit server that has little to no people playing on it if anyone wants to join.~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

10,000,006What a strange number to have as the maximum capacity of a Mk. III Energy Relay. :PAlso, DDude's server is pretty cool, but it is still in the "just getting started" phase, which likely explains why DDude wants to keep it to a minumum of people, at least for now.

I think the Condenser can hold a maximum of 9,999,999, which kind of means that it's impossible to make KSOs in it. Ah well.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

How many activated eldritch mechanisms should I take with me into my first eldritch obelisk? And should I have gem armor first?

Hmmm... Well, if you've somehow managed to get what you need for the Eldritch Keystone Tlhutlh without ever going into a Monolith, then bring four of those. There are no mobs down there, just chests and four rooms accessible only with Tlhutlh.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, random drop from a Thaumcraft dungeon, found it along with a "strange metal" artifact and a Tome of Eldritch Knowledge (Exceptional Eldritch artifact). With the EMC plugin, I just cloned those and finished off my research, it was the last discovery I needed to make. ;-)

So I've been thinking about inter-server travel via Nether portals, or some sort of portal made some other way, and realized that one could conceivably, assuming some sort of 'Better Portals' mo-d was in place, create a full scale Stargate system or somesuch.Am I the only one who gets a tad bit excited at the idea of having a system of RedPower/ComputerCraft powered pistons, machines, etc, to be used to make a replica Stargate that actually works?It'd be icing on the cake if you could use ComputerCraft to dial in the address.

voidstars.png

Hmm. With Mystcraft, there's already a bit of portalized awesomeness, with the ability to make actual portals that will take you to any Age you have a Descriptive Book for. I'm imagining eventually making a Mystcraft base with a large area just filled with this sort of portal.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmm. With Mystcraft, there's already a bit of portalized awesomeness, with the ability to make actual portals that will take you to any Age you have a Descriptive Book for. I'm imagining eventually making a Mystcraft base with a large area just filled with this sort of portal.
What else does this moderator add btw? it sounds interesting.Edit= Just built my third nuclear reactor in my tekkit world, (the first two were tests on creative) I'm using it to power a mass fabricator, a recycler and my oil refinery. Probably should have built a few mfsu's first because I have no idea what to do with all that energy. Edited by The Invisible Noob

The entire point of Mystcraft is creating and exploring new worlds. A new material (crystal) is added, new types of books are added (these are what you use to make worlds and link between them) and then there are the features that can exist in the worlds, like giant trees, glowstone crystals, crystal formations... it's pretty cool.EDIT: Decided on one key influence for my next vanity project - Stone Tower from Majora's Mask. Anyone care to have a look at the carvings and statues in that place and tell me which culture they were likely influenced by? It would help a lot.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

EDIT: Decided on one key influence for my next vanity project - Stone Tower from Majora's Mask. Anyone care to have a look at the carvings and statues in that place and tell me which culture they were likely influenced by? It would help a lot.
You just gave me inspiration to start a project on Termina in minecraft ho boy now THAT will be a long project.
I'm just ToaD

Hmm, eh, I prefer to do my own sort of thing but with influences here and there. For example, I've decided not to build Middle Earth as a whole, but I'd definitely be open to borrowing some things from my idea of what Barad-dur and the Morannon look like.But yeah, insight into where I might find similar architecture to some of the stuff that gives Stone Tower its distinctive feel would be quite helpful.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Starting to mess around with Mystcraft. First randomly created world is a darklit world thats apparently composed only of ice plains, taigas and extreme hills. Sweet :) no weather though, so snow won't replenish.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~