The Official Minecraft Topic

And RedPower is useless except for colored lamps and simple redstone stuff... otherwise it is dumb.
Not quite true, redpower items have their own advantages even if they're not immediately obvious, my current nuclear setup would not be possible without redpower pipes.

Block and item deployers are pretty fun yeah.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

RedPower machines are still mostly useless. I haven't bothered much with the pipes, but the best tool I've seen in RedPower is the diamond handsaw.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

RedPower machines are still mostly useless. I haven't bothered much with the pipes, but the best tool I've seen in RedPower is the diamond handsaw.
Eh they're not as good because of the bugs really (putting items in the wrong slots, the inability to pump oil) if it weren't for that I'd say they completely outperform buildcraft pipes, makes me wonder why no ones fixed things yet.On another note I have a tonne of oil and nuclear power, but no idea of what to do with it.Any suggestions? Edited by The Invisible Noob

In my old Technic world, I experimented with RedPower stuff. Made a whole array of RedPower solar panels before I realized that there were no RedPower machines that I needed.For nuclear power, the obvious thing is a Tesla Coil-based security system.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Telsa coils seem unnecessary with the interdiction torches I've set up, even if they're more fun.HmmmI could use the forcefields and a few dark matter blocks to make a faux dark matter building, made of disguised force blocks instead of actual dark matter blocks. Of course the whole thing disappears when the energy runs out ...

Edited by The Invisible Noob

...that is the coolest thing ever.A building that disappears when you cut the power off? Brilliant! I mean, I'm not an expert on force field stuff, so I don't know what you can actually do, but if you could, say, put in some sort of mechanism so that the power only cuts on in the first place when you step on a specific pressure plate somewhere on the grounds, and then have a switch somewhere in the building that turns everything off when you leave... maybe have some sort of disguise for the bits that need to be there regardless of whether the power's on, like some decrepit old ruins or something.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

...that is the coolest thing ever.A building that disappears when you cut the power off? Brilliant! I mean, I'm not an expert on force field stuff, so I don't know what you can actually do, but if you could, say, put in some sort of mechanism so that the power only cuts on in the first place when you step on a specific pressure plate somewhere on the grounds, and then have a switch somewhere in the building that turns everything off when you leave... maybe have some sort of disguise for the bits that need to be there regardless of whether the power's on, like some decrepit old ruins or something.
That idea never quite entered my head, but wow have got to try that now. It should be very much possible to build something out of force field walls, cylinders and domes and then devise a system for turning them on and off . I'm going to have first to study into the force field moderator to see how to implement this, but I think the limiting factors will likely be power available (unlikely as I have 2070 eu's of power to play with) and the range at which force field cores can supply energy to force field projectors.

Well, the forcefield generators are part of IndustrialCraft, right? And redstone power applied to an IC machine deactivates it?I could probably come up with a wiring diagram to make that work. Definitely a button and a pressure plate, and uh... what were those latches I used in the combo lock in the tower?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Withers.what is truly awesome is the upcoming Withers.P~M's avatar is a Wither face, I believe.also, temples. desert and jungle temples.(I'v conquered both.)emeralds, to me, are lame.by the way, try the seed P.w.nageNot! without the periods.

Edited by Raiden: Toa of Storms

Well, the forcefield generators are part of IndustrialCraft, right? And redstone power applied to an IC machine deactivates it?
Forcefields seem to be an add on made by another modder, but yeah I'm sure they'll work like that.
Withers.what is truly awesome is the upcoming Withers.P~M's avatar is a Wither face, I believe.also, temples. desert and jungle temples.(I'v conquered both.)emeralds, to me, are lame.by the way, try the seed P.w.nageNot! without the periods.
Gonna look forward to wither bossfights, I wonder where they'll spawn?

So, I tried crafting an Alchemical Tome today. Despite having two fully charged Klein Star Omegas, and the proper crafting recipe, I couldn't make it.So, I deleted the materials and spawned myself a tome. Take THAT, glitches.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Huh. Personally, I don't like just spawning things like that, but I guess in that situation it's worth it.Does the Tome unlock the ThaumCraft things that have EMC values added when you're using that add-on?

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Really have no idea. I tend to use my condensers more than my tablet, so I've no idea what was already unlocked beforehand.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Sounds like it's a specific arrangement of the heads that gets a Wither to spawn.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay, I've figured out some of the decorative stuff that will go into my current project - the general theme seems to be water, so lapis and sapphire will not be out of place. I maaaaay put some Egyptian influence into the exit/entrance Aztec double-pyramids, and I'm thinking, what with the plants already involved (40 trees in the first circuit, 192 sugar cane in the second circuit), that some Technic emeralds would likewise make good sense for decorative measures. These decorative blocks will likely be carved into microblocks and incorporated into other stuff... probably I'll go back to the first circuit and put some decorative stuff into the pillars. Nothing too gaudy, of course, but enough to look neat.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Man, does anyone wish that Bis storage tanks didn't hace Taint suction, or that the Taint suction of the Bis purifiers was around 15 or so? >_<Also, the key to the left of my B key is broken, thus why I'm replacing that letter with B. ;)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Well it's a simple start, but forcefield igloos are weirdly impressive, besides the fact that they look like lone doors when turned off.Igloo offIgloo onInsideforcefields show up as lava on maps it seemsWires 1I advise using teleport pipes and engine converters to transport energy from elswhere, and then pumping the energy into an MFSU, even if forcefield cores have their own energy storage. Note that I'm using way more MFSU's than nessesary for this project, focefields actually cost 1 eu per forcefield block and then 1 more eu for every ten seconds that block is active.Wires 2The only special thing about the wiring is the repeater, the windows need to activate before the body of the igloo to guarantee that they're present when the igloo turns on as when two forcefield blocks could occupy the same space, the one that turns on first is the one that stays when the forcefields turn on.die creeperWith the zapper upgrade the igloo hurts everything that touches it, including the player. I'd avoid using it on the floor.bugOn a further note the moderator is in beta so the camouflage may sometimes not work, and when it does not all blocks work on it. This is why I used glass blocks over glass panes

Edited by The Invisible Noob

(lengthly explanation ahead)Forcefields activate when their core is supplied with eu's and the field generators are supplied with a redstone current (note that forcefield cores do not have to be linked to forcefield projectors to work). To make an igloo I just have to arrange the right forcefields in the right positions to produce the distinctive dome structure and a floor. This means a sphere forcefield projector (the top half appears aboveground as a dome while the bottom half is just obscured) and a deflector forcefield projects the floor, a few directional forcefield projectors then take care of details like windows and such.When I have the shape I want I attach camouflage upgrades to the forcefield projectors, this allows me to make the forcfields looks like other blocks (ie snow and glass). Then I just added an igniter and a few stone slabs for finishing touchesSetting up the shields however is more complicated than I make it to be, there's an articles on the tekkit wiki if you want to learn the specifics of how to set up your own disappearing buildings and nuke proof igloos.

(lengthly explanation ahead)Forcefields activate when their core is supplied with eu's and the field generators are supplied with a redstone current (note that forcefield cores do not have to be linked to forcefield projectors to work). To make an igloo I just have to arrange the right forcefields in the right positions to produce the distinctive dome structure and a floor. This means a sphere forcefield projector (the top half appears aboveground as a dome while the bottom half is just obscured) and a deflector forcefield projects the floor, a few directional forcefield projectors then take care of details like windows and such.When I have the shape I want I attach camouflage upgrades to the forcefield projectors, this allows me to make the forcfields looks like other blocks (ie snow and glass). Then I just added an igniter and a few stone slabs for finishing touchesSetting up the shields however is more complicated than I make it to be, there's an articles on the tekkit wiki if you want to learn the specifics of how to set up your own disappearing buildings and nuke proof igloos.
:dazed: Brain hurts. Boy you Technic people sure know what you're doing, heck if I used Technic and I couldn't work something out I would smash it and hope for the best, or solve it like I do all my problems... spam poison potions till I'm happy. Edited by Driken Toa of Shadows
I'm just ToaD

if I used Technic and I couldn't work something out I would smash it and hope for the best.
That's a pretty good policy as regards ogres. I like to drop in on them and give em a couple of quick slaps before they can touch any fancy architecture. Doesn't always work, which is why I have a policy of avoiding them when they're actually standing in an important structure.Creepers get no mercy, though, because I can drop them with a single shot.Meanwhile, in construction matters, I'm thinking I might make a spaceport with a few of my favorite ships sometime. Might put the wreckage of a Reaver ship scattered over a mountain range, too.If I do the Spaceport, I might stack some military hardware in the nearby area. I'll probably do a bit of practice work before I do that, because if I'm going to try to do a reproduction of an Annihilator, I'm going to try to do a good reproduction of an Annihilator.anhilator_small.jpgIt's an exceedingly unfriendly machine, and it doesn't deserve anything but the best.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If I do the Spaceport, I might stack some military hardware in the nearby area. I'll probably do a bit of practice work before I do that, because if I'm going to try to do a reproduction of an Annihilator, I'm going to try to do a good reproduction of an Annihilator.
Gonna weaponise that hardware with tnt cannons and dispensers?

Nah, that's for chumps. I'm going to hook a little switch up to a Tesla Coil, and power the set-up with an HV Solar Array and an MFSU for storage. I shut the coil off in the morning, it cools and recharges, then I flick it on in the evening, and I get a good perimeter defense.Best bit is that the Tesla Coils are going to be disguised in "decorative" laser turrets. Bit of uninsulated gold wire to extend the range a bit, but that's all going to be hidden in the barrel.See, if I ever got competitive/violent on a Tekkit server, and you wanted to raid my home, first thing I'd advise you to do is toss a stick of dynamite at anything with an interior volume of more than 3 blocks. Worst case scenario, you trigger one of the nukes I'd have had the foresight to hide, and scythe the landscape clean of both my base and yourself, but I guess that's better for you than getting zapped without ever setting foot on the base.EDIT: Rule one of using the Abyss Helmet to shoot things with lightning: don't shoot yourself with lightning. Didn't think I'd have to explain that to myself, but, well, here we are.On the plus side, I think I might be able to vaporize ogres now.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

See, if I ever got competitive/violent on a Tekkit server, and you wanted to raid my home, first thing I'd advise you to do is toss a stick of dynamite at anything with an interior volume of more than 3 blocks. Worst case scenario, you trigger one of the nukes I'd have had the foresight to hide, and scythe the landscape clean of both my base and yourself, but I guess that's better for you than getting zapped without ever setting foot on the base.
Why do you have these nukes if they're gonna blow up your own base?

Better to have no base than someone raid it I suppose.Also, giggles.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

To kill raiders who are clever enough to actually follow my advice, obviously.The Tesla Coils are there to kill the ones that aren't that clever, and besides, I've got a mind to use more than decent amounts of reinforced stone in certain elements of the construction. A triple-thickness layer of RF should be sufficient to stall a nuclear blast completely. I just want to play nice and give people the satisfaction of destroying the decorative stuff, you know, as a consolation prize for getting nuked.EDIT: I just figured out how I'm going to do the bridge in the Viking/Byzantine city. It's still going to be heavily influenced by the one Da Vinci designed, so lots of parabolas, some wider than others, all that good stuff, but I'm thinking - and for this the bridge is going to have to be not on cliffs, and it will have to be crossing a wide body of water - multiple wide parabolas side to side supporting it, and then on top of it, walkways forming what appears, from the top, to be a chain. I'm going to have to work out a lot of the details, but it should work very well if I can do that.Also, studying real-life architecture has given me the idea of using lapis and gold together. Primarily lapis, with sort of gold trim on the structure.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Sooo...anyone know how that Tekkit servers coming along? :3

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I think Technic world generation either loves me or hates me.Can't tell.Started a new world due to illegitimency on my old one, and what do I find within a short distance of spawn?Greatwood tree.Near that?2 Eldrich Monoliths. In sight of each other.And a dungeon with a block of steel in it.I like and hate the Monoliths (Extra taint is not good) and with no silverwood trees around... I'll have to wait a long, long time before opening them.And of course find some diamonds in the meantime.And once again I spawned near about 3 volcanoes... good lord my Technic random worlds love volcanos...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I recently built four stacks of Totems of Dawn for nullifying Eldritch monoliths. So long as the monolith is at least two chunks away from any other major sources of Taint, a half-stack per chunk or so is enough to TOTALLY overkill-nullify it.I have four stacks because I've discovered I really like building things out of totems of dawn. :P

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Totems of Dawn might keep taint from rising, but if you want to reduce it (you do, you always do), then I suggest that you use one of those Condenser/Purifier rigs in the same chunk as the Monolith.Meanwhile, I'm setting a tentative completion date for part one of my current project as Saturday the 15th.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, considering the world just started... I have little-to-no resources to build either of those, so I'm going to have to get exploring/researching to reduce Taint... explore for silverwood trees, research for Purifiers.I'll just build away from those chunks, make sure there are no Thaumic devices in those areas...One is in a dsert, other in a forest. I don't want tainted trees in a forest right by a volcano.But basalt dosn't get tainted, correct? Only normal blocks such as stone, wood, leaves, vanilla ores, etc? I'm pretty sure that's the case... if not then I will build far, far away from those monoliths. I do not want taint going around my houses.But on the plus side I have some eldrich monoliths for whenever I want some Void stuff (Like Void interfaces and chests). Just gotta have the Totems/Purifiers set up before I go ahead and enter...And I am planning very far ahead. I havn't even built my house yet, hah. Or found diamond. Or copper. But I did find uranium... which is unusable right now.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Only vanilla/Thaumcraft natural blocks can get tainted. Wood, dirt, stone, obsidian (I think), vanilla ores, stuff like that can get tainted. Cobblestone, wooden planks, etc, no taint.I actually want to perform an experiment at one point to see if bedrock can be tainted, because I've heard nothing either way. If it can, then gaping world-holes indirectly caused by evil magic.Meanwhile, I'm planning out my R&D lab's contents - haven't put a single thought into the structure, but I'm pretty sure I can make a decent weapons-only functional Battlemech that can be fully controlled from the cockpit.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Finally made a start on the power core for generating mass amounts of buildcraft energy (whatever its called) And during one of my return to trips to base, as I passed the horse stable, well...http://www.majhost.com/gallery/artezza/randomminecraft/clone_horses.pngJust...just, HOW?! All I've been doing today is travelling through thaumcraft portals and doing buildcraft stuff. How did my horse get cloned?!

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~