The Official Minecraft Topic

is there anything past that room? i did manage to get to the end last night and there wasn't anything.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Puzzle 7 won't be coming in until 1.3, due to the addition of tripwires in that update. Suffice it to say that I have a few sadistic ideas for tripwires.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

being in there just reminds me that i want creative mode so i can finish building the mountain around my gauntlet. how were people going about getting that?

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Helping with a project Nav has going is the surest way to creative mode.WellHe kind of randomly selected volunteers.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Hunger Games arena island, though for the sake of my sanity I prefer to think of it as the setting for a reenactment of The Most Dangerous Game.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The effect is much better when you're seeing it in motion, and, I suspect a Photorealism texture pack somewhat lessens the impact of it, because textures like the one for glowstone are less splotchy.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Hunger Games arena island, though for the sake of my sanity I prefer to think of it as the setting for a reenactment of The Most Dangerous Game.
We should make that happen. I would back you up on that.But how to make the dog....

banner.jpg

I'mma go on the server now. Maybe work on mai house.I'm praying to the Minecraft gods that I won't run out of RAM.Jeez, I'm having the worst luck today. First I lose all my stuff to some trollercoaster, then I pour lava in my house? I need to take it easy for a while. :onfire:

Edited by Totally Not P~M

banner.jpg

Ugh...I used World Edit to move my Sky Vault into my main map, and now the door doesn't function properly. The idea is that when you press a toggle button outside, the wool blocks along the walls retract and are replaced by glowstone and a piston door opens at the end of the hall, but for some reason the door now just opens back up again. I remember having an issue like this before, but I can't remember how I fixed it.IIRC, this is the part that controls the togglehttp://img710.images.../testimagej.pngNotice anything that may have rendered differently when it was copied over?Edit: Nevermind, just opened the original map and realised one of the torches that should be lit isn't...Edit2: Ok, I fix it, but it just breaks again when I use the button.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I got talked into using the Technic Pack.Not sure which mob is the most bloody-minded, though after a particularly nasty day at the swamp, I'm leaning towards handing that medal to the crocodiles. Even a werewolf doesn't get one of its buddies to hold you still while it kills you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

...So does anyone know why a redstone contraption would work in one map and not the other? Or is my vault forever open?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I've started playing on the BZP server a bit, and I just put up a small house on the edge of BZ-Metru. Unfortunately, since I'm in survival, I don't have easy access to stone brick, which seems to be the main building material in that area. If anyone has a bunch, I'd welcome a donation - just put it in the chest inside my house, which is right next to the BZ-Metru guest house. :)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Stone Brick can be crafted from smooth stone (4 in a square on the crafting grid), which can be obtained at the Hub (/spawn or /warp hub).Meanwhile, I've pretty much got trade with an Indian village in my Technic Survival run down to a science. I've got a marble slab set up off the side of the road I made, so I just make bricks, dry bricks, use my solar oven to cook bricks, and sell them to the village for rather more than the 0d I paid for the sand and dirt to make them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

...So does anyone know why a redstone contraption would work in one map and not the other? Or is my vault forever open?
i know that continuous circuits die in multiplayer maps when no one is nearby, is that part of your problem?
This topic so far

Vs.

Accidentally built the Ta-Koro gate backwards.Nav, as soon as World-Edit is fixed, could you or one of the other mods rotate that giant Hau so it's facing Po-Kor/the tower? I would die if I had to tear it down and rebuild it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

i know that continuous circuits die in multiplayer maps when no one is nearby, is that part of your problem?
No, both maps are in singleplayer. I used worldedit to copy my sky vault into another map, and for some reason its broken in the copy and not the original. I've inspected them both, and the only difference is that two of the redstone torches have their settings swapped. Removing the lit one and replacing it fixes the other, but as soon as the toggle button is used it gets stuck turned on again. There seems to be no other difference to the original either, just these two disobedient torches.Edit: @Above: Wasn't Demon Baby the guy who killed the old map with the mushroom ball...? Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Yes, yes he was the one to crash the server last time. And make the map unreadable.If this map had been erased again... well, I'm sure I'm not the only one that'll want to have a few harsh words with Nav.

Edited by Programmer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

But, seriously, Demonbaby is a moderator again?I guess the old adage rings true - once bitten, slather thyself in pot roast and try again.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Giving someone power who has already used it to cause irreparable damage is just...plain asinine. What posessed him to just give him keys of death?!At least backups are being made, though...there weren't any last time, right?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

We aren't precisely certain what happened this time.What happened last time this person had moderator (OP) powers was this -The Invisible Noob and myself were working on a railway project to connect Ga-Koro and one of the other Koros - the eventual plan was to connect all of them, but, well, one thing at a time.We had selected a mountain to be hollowed out to serve as a railway hub, and Demonbaby offered to help in hollowing out the mountain. We accepted his offer, and he told us that there may be some lag following what he was about to do.The server disconnected everyone about a minute later, and when I logged back on, I found that at least two giant spheres composed of small red mushrooms floating in the air had been created - these, due to the difficulty of rendering the mushrooms, are what crashed the server. Nobody could get onto the server to clear the mushrooms away, and as no backup of the server's map prior to the incident existed, the map was rendered unusable, and all of our work up to that point was lost.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom