The Official Minecraft Topic

Only reason the server is unreliable is because of lack of ram which we need more money to upgrade.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

I was less speaking of technical issues and more the fact that I'm still wary of rogue mods.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

On the other hand, mods getting bored and screwing with the players - raining creepers on them, or making them jump over a pit of lava for diamonds - isn't a new problem.So I think I'm going to stick to impaling werewolves on my Nano Saber.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I popped on yesterday to record a map out of boredom, to see how big the place has gotten, but I haven't built anything in awhile. My friend has also informed me he is finally getting his rig repaired, so we can build together again on our own map.Also finished the Temple of Time, except for the door between the hall and the Master Sword chamber. I want to make a gravel door. Anyone have tips on smoothing out landscape? Accidentally took a chunk out of one area when I imported it from the flatmap to my main map.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

^ You find a servers IP and use it in the Multiplayer option, in either direct connect or the add server options.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Well, I finally started playing Tekkit (I'd been having issues with the game running out of memory and crashing in like five minutes), and I'm really enjoying it. My Sandstone Palace shall be the greatest thing ever created by mere men!oh wait I can do that in vanilla

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Well, I finally started playing Tekkit (I'd been having issues with the game running out of memory and crashing in like five minutes), and I'm really enjoying it. My Sandstone Palace shall be the greatest thing ever created by mere men!oh wait I can do that in vanilla
Just got the technic launcher, so I've got tekkit and technic too, not sure which to use tho but I look forward to making batter sandcastles than you >:].

Tekkit is for multiplayer, Technic is for singleplayer. Technic has a wee bit more in it than Tekkit.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The New IP for anyone who wants it is: 223.27.18.115:25565 please come and visit. It's quite lonely here.

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

Is there a possibility of, say, the server becoming a tekkit server?*waves nonexistent money*

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Gah, I've been trying to get onto the website for days. Durn you, Cloudflare.I've also finally started playing the Technic Pack, too, though I haven't done much with it. Set up my transmutation tablet, alchemical chest and macerator/generator and left it at that. Been playing KH 3D since, but I'll get back to it.Also, pet. Turtles. I named mine Donatello :D Theres also a rabbit running around my marble home. My wolf, unfortunately, was eventually killed by a tiger after a long night of defending me during the homes construction. He surprisingly lasted quite a long time, considering all the things that attacked during that timeframe. I now have a vendetta against all tigers.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

You know, you can tame tigers if you get them while they're young.Myself, I have a Black Pegasus that I use for a ride to my favorite villages, while my home defense consists chiefly of an obsidian wall some distance from my house, and glowstone lighting the space between my house and the wall.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Normandy village I'm nearby recently stopped building, out of space. I'm currently filling up a lake for them.My fortress will be a marble outerwall, cobble mid, and wood inner. Currently working on the whole building it thing though. I keep being distracted.

voidstars.png

so i figured out another way to abuse server plugins.one of the other servers i play on uses Towny and Better Leveling. Towny lets people buy land as their own town, and outsiders cannot build, destroy, or do much of anything in another player's town, until that town's mayor allows them to join the town. (kind of stupid, but w/e)Better leveling gives you special abilities the higher your level is. one of those abilities is similar to the enchantment Fortune, where occasionally you'll get two item drops instead of only one. i'm level 19, and i get the fortune effect often. you can use this to occasionally get free item drops from the ores in other players' towns. should they find, say, diamonds, and leave the ore there for later, you could go up to it and endlessly mine it and get free diamonds. and what's better is that once you're done, right clicking while holding your pick will undo any item damage caused by mining the blocks from another person's town.my friend and i have been getting infinite gold by doing this. there's a shop/economy plugin on the server that lets you sell items. gold sells for the most on the server, so we sell it and use the money to expand our town and take over everything.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

The Normandy village I'm nearby recently stopped building, out of space. I'm currently filling up a lake for them.My fortress will be a marble outerwall, cobble mid, and wood inner. Currently working on the whole building it thing though. I keep being distracted.
My preferred Norman village (it's not a Normandy village, just a Norman one. Normandy is a region in France. The Normans are the Norse people who made an agreement with the French and got that bit of land for a while.) is a military town, and has stopped building until they get a carpenter. Rather than hang around and wait for that, I'm working on Gem Armor. I have everything I need for the Hurricane Boots except for a Klein Star Omega.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Isn't the Omega the equivalent of 1,024 original Klein Stars?That's... a lot of power.

voidstars.png

Yeah. I presently have two Klein Star Spheres, and need two more for an Omega. I will then have to make more Omegas - one for the helmet, one for the chestplate, one for the pants, one for the boots, and one for general use.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So, after chopping down a forest in Technic, I'm extremely glad for 1.3 merging singleplayer and multiplayer. It means all mods will be multiplayer, and while it'll be a bloody pain for them to update, it'll definitely be worth it. A team of five people with chainsaws could clear a continent in a day with Timber.

voidstars.png

So, after chopping down a forest in Technic, I'm extremely glad for 1.3 merging singleplayer and multiplayer. It means all mods will be multiplayer, and while it'll be a bloody pain for them to update, it'll definitely be worth it. A team of five people with chainsaws could clear a continent in a day with Timber.
Eh, for people like myself who don't really have super PCs, 1.3 will make Minecraft more resource intensive. It's more for implementing new features into the game once, rather than twice for SMP and SSP. If you wanted you could use World Edit instead to clear said continent a lot faster and still get the wood.

AΨ 94

Bah, World Edit is not fun.Also, Alex, have you figured out how to harvest the Queens from beehives without any specialized tools, but rather with one specific generalized one?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Is there a possibility of, say, the server becoming a tekkit server?*waves nonexistent money*
I could always buy a second IP address.but that means more money each month. So its a possibility in the future.

The big belief that 1.3 is going to drain resources is a bit of a misconception. Yes, in the snapshots, they were way more laggy. HOWEVER, Jeb knows this, he's working on it. His goal is to make things faster than they were in 1.2, and honestly I think it can happen. For now though he's just content to get things back to 1.2, which can happen, as right now this massive gap in screenshots is suppose to serve as a time to optimize the system.Tl;dr, your computer will not catch fire when 1.3 comes. If it does, wait for Optifine to update, then your computer can run it. Assuming you put out the fire fast enough.Also, I suspect a diamond warhammer should be able to break those hives, Rover.Also, using world editor is cheating. I know, I know, a super-duper chainsaw that can murder who continents isn't cheating but WE is? Well, at least with the chainsaw you have to work, and Timber makes Minecraft trees more realistic. WE you just type some stuff in and bam.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

It's not about breaking the hives, it's about harvesting the queens from them. A diamond warhammer won't harvest the queen - but a Destruction Catalyst on its lowest setting, clicked directly on the hive, will.It's like my strategy for harvesting Obelisks. Stand on top of the obelisk and use the destruction catalyst to harvest it one block at a time. No explosions, no missing pieces, just awesomeness.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I... may have to try that.What I would like is a version of the Technic pack that is fully caught-up with Minecraft's current version, so I have different wood colors, different sandstone textures, and a higher sky.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Problem is, next stable Technic build, a lot of IDs are going be changed, so my pretty world I've built will have to be restarted. : (I'll probably undergo a quest in Minecraft, to rip open a dimensional hole. Get so much power, build this big portal thing, go through a lot of effort, that way I can justify cheating in my old items to the new world :P

voidstars.png

Eh, I'll just keep my old world and also have the new one. I've done too much in this one to discard it entirely.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm not quite sure how the technic pack works, but since it copies everything over a to a whole separate folder in appdata, if minecraft updates to 1.3, will I still be able to run technic off of 1.2.5, independently from my main minecraft setup?I know I could just backup my current .jar just in case, but I just know at some point I'm going to forget to switch them out and the save will get corrupted.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Technic uses its own separate .jar files - an up-to-date one for Tekkit, and a 1.1 one for Technic.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, everything Technic does is separate from the main stuff. So long as you don't accept any of the updates you'll be fine.

voidstars.png

Excellent, I don't have to worry then :D

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Yep.Meanwhile, I looted the first Pirate Island I found (due to mistakes I made, I ended up shifting to Peaceful while there, unfortunately resulting in the elimination of all enemy units in the area) and kept flying past it, finding a second Pirate Island - and, parked next to it, a Pirate Airship.Dang, Alex. I don't get how you saw that thing and didn't get that it was hostile. No friendly unit in the Technic pack builds anything that cool.Once I upgrade to Gem Armor, I will be having a go at that target, having marked it with the waypoint "Here There Be Pirates". Hurricane Boots and Abyss Helmet seem likely to be the most useful parts of the armor when hunting pirates, while the Infernal Armor is going to be a lifesaver in the Nether.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Just wait until you find the engine room. It's pretty cool.I finally got my recycler up and running, with three overclocker upgrades, so I'm pretty much able to burn through cobble and other junk materials very quickly. A lifesaver, as I get a ton from mining with my destruction catalyst.

voidstars.png