The Official Minecraft Topic

Glad you liked my house! I've gone and hidden all my chests and stuff though. I'm so used to not having creative mode or chest protection or anything that I always hide stuff. Also, that's all legit, mined it all myself :)What happened to my cow?

Hey, I have a fun game idea fof P~M's server.. We go to a desolate location, and each of us, who is on, is given a plot of land. In creative mode, we can build and store whatever we want in the building in a certain amount of time. But you must have a certain amount of golden bars in chests scattered around the building. then we turn off creative (and let us place TNT and the likes), and have a castle raid. If you die three times, your out. The person with the most gold bars in the end wins. P~M, to protect your server from being griefed, turn off the "warp" command, so it would take forever to walk to a village.I think it would be fun, but if P~M says this is a strictly building only server, then I cant argue with that.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

I've started downloading puzzle and adventure maps out of boredom.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

No, Amazon is having a bunch of problems and is currently suffering an outage. Because of this minecraft.net is suffering an outage as well.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

And plus, the update has been confirmed to come out the 24th... which will be a pain for servers to be fully updated because it takes forever for stuff like that to work itself out. Probably not as long as 1.3.1 since there are less changes, but I suspect it may take 2 or 3 weeks tops for Bukkit to update. But I cannot wait for command blocks and such... just not looking forward to slimes in swamp biomes because I despise slimes. But at least I can make sticky pistons from them...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Go play Superflat survival and then talk to me about hating slimes. I did some truly psychotic things back in the day to minimize that particular threat. Ended up getting a very nice fort, completely self-contained with all the food I'd ever need, because I had no intention of venturing back onto those plains.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Superflat survival is actually rather viable, given the new superflat options (i.e. trees, ores, etc.). Might give it a shot sometime.I recently got back to my Tekkit world...man, everything is slow. I haven't even gotten a basic flower set up, despite working on it for several hours straight. It looks like I'll have to set up some automatic tree farms and delve into IC/BuildCraft to autocraft slabs so I can exploit the slabs-stone EMC thing.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

For most interesting results, do original-recipe Superflat survival. It's still viable as long as you keep your wits about you, but it's very difficult starting out.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Go play Superflat survival and then talk to me about hating slimes.
I did. That is exactly why I despise slimes... Gah I could never get anything done with those things bouncing all over my village... Oh well. I'm going to try Superflat survival with some new options (Mainly raise the ground level to 64, enable all things except mineshafts to spawn... no caves,ravines, ores, trees, and other stuff. Just want strongholds and dungeons to spawn, really. And no slimes.)But still, can't wait until tommorow for 1.4. Going to have to mess around with becons and command blocks for a bit... but then restore minecraft back to 1.3.2 to play on servers.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Bah, that is for wussy men.Real men tear up parts of the ground in default Superflat and build a 40-block tower, build their house on top of that, and then dig into it to put a tree farm and wheat farm inside of the tower. If they're lucky, they aren't on a Slime chunk.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I actually managed to do quite well on Superflat Survival. You just need to get lucky with villages and stuff, The one I found had 5 iron in it so I could make a bucket.
Yeah, but the wheat farms get trampled by slimes, and you really can't go outside at ground level without getting attacked by slimes, which makes the land Viking routine a little bit tedious after a while. I'm just glad I'm not doing this on Technic, because then there'd be ogres just ruining everything.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Sorry about the server, guys. Something seems to be wrong with it. I'll look into it.Anyway, once 1.4.1 rolls around tomorrow, we'll be running vanilla until Bukkit gets updated. So no WorldEdit, nicknames, etc. Sorry, guys!EDIT: Aaand, we're back!

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Did the IP change again when it was updated? It was detecting the server ok when I was using the prerelease...

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

So it turns out that bats are adorable, to the surprise of nobody.In other news, I now have rabies.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

*witchesNo, there isn't rabies in Minecraft. The fact that I'm foaming at the mouth and gnawing on the priest's leg is a coincidence.Anyway, I have a fantastic new strategy for Superflat Survival.TheMolePeople.jpgThat is the easiest way to explain my new strategy.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Sorry.. Was continuing to figure out how to play the doctor who theme. Coming on at around 6:30.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Whatever you guys do, don't press the button on the iron box in town. Just trust me.On another note, those of you who need to get to town, just go to x = 649, z = -366. Alternatively, if you're in the spawn stronghold-esque room, press the button to be TP'd there.Also, the server will be off for today, as I am in town with my laptop. I'll try to turn it on tonight. Meanwhile, I'll work on... you know... stuff.Blade, what was this iron wall you were building? It's not there now, but I'd like to know how big it was so I can determine whether or not it was in fact too big. A general rule is not to go above the TARDIS in height, and I guess keep the floor area at around the area of the Nether Brick house. If you're building on Main Street (where the TARDIS, ToV's house, etc are), keep the width reasonable (no wider than the Nether Brick house, and preferably narrower) to keep the pattern. Obviously, the brick house at the end of the street is kind of awkward, but in that case just extend the gravel road a bit farther than usual.That just applies to the town. Other structures (such as ToV's castle) can be as big as you can make 'em.Server is on now. Sorry for the delay.

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that traditionalist superflat survival is basically Fallout: Minecraft. Resource scarcity, vast, inhospitable wasteland, and, if you actually want to survive, some choices that aren't so much morally ambiguous as just definitely evil. I went to a new village earlier to raid their smithies for enough resources to make a bucket, got trapped there for the night and had to barricade the smithy with dirt in the doorway, and then I just stood at the window and watched as the villagers were hunted down by zombies. In the morning I had to kill off the few who had survived just long enough to be zombified in their homes instead of outside, and thus avoided death-by-sunlight.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Zyglak, what's your IGN? I'll add you to the whitelist.Once again, the IP is 74.4.253.188:25565.Artezza, if you're reading this, go down the hole in the floor of the brick house and pulse the command blocks. Really, anyone can do this, but I'd rather have an op do it. Which means this applies to X, ToaD, and Bolshak as well. :)

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Oh lookie, an official topic.In other news, I think Project: Mole People is a success, which brings my list of viable strategies for traditionalist superflat survival up to two items.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmm... Actually; a zombie-infested Minecraft would be kinda cool; the only problem would be figuring out how to not have them die instantly by sunlight.Also, for the new superflat customization, how do you really customize it? Some presets have what I need, like a huge desert; however; I thought you could add blocks as you wanted? =/

From the Minecraft Wiki: Preset code formatAt a future point there is expected to be some way of choosing block types merely by selecting them from a menu. For now, you must type in a correctly-formatted preset code.The code is a string of numbers, semicolons, colons, commas, and lowercase "x"s. Each code has four main parts, divided by semicolons. These are:

• a version number (used to allow preset codes to be shared even if the code format changes),
  • a list of one or more block IDs,
  • a biome ID
  • a list of structure generation options (may be completely empty)

The block list is a comma-separated list of block IDs, ordered from layer 0 up; if the entry for a given block has an "x", the number before the "x" is the number of layers to be generated, and the number after is the block ID. A block ID can be followed by a colon to specify a damage value.Structure generation options (described below) may have additional parameters, for example "village(size=0 distance=0)".

• "village" means villages may be generated, provided they exist in that biome type. Parameters are "size", for the size of the village (0 = default, 1 = superflat default) and "distance", for the distance between villages.
  • "mineshaft" means mineshafts can be generated, even in midair. A "chance" parameter from 0.0 to 1.0 determines how common mineshafts are. Note that 1.0 will result in several mineshafts layered into each other, and is likely to also cause a lot of lag when generating.
  • "stronghold" means strongholds can appear. The "count" parameter determines how many exist per world.
  • "biome_1" activates biome-specific features, such as desert temples in deserts, jungle temples in jungles and so on. At present no terrain type has more than one custom feature, hence only "biome_1" is used, but in future, biome_2, 3 and so forth may come into use.
  • "dungeon" means dungeons can be generated.
  • "decoration" causes trees, tall grass, flowers, pumpkins, and other features to be generated according to the biome type, assuming the topmost block layer is suitable. (Normally dirt, grass or sand would be required). Layers of stone (block ID 1) will be populated with gravel, dirt and ores according to depth.
  • "lake" means water lakes will be created, possibly with sand and sugar canes depending on biome.
  • "lava_lake" means lava lakes will appear.

Preset code exampleConsider the preset code 2;48,250x0,49,78:2;8;stronghold(count=7),biome_1,village(size=0 distance=0),decoration,dungeon,mineshaftIt consists of the following elements:

• 2 — version number.
  • 48,250x0,49,78:2 — comma-separated list of block IDs.
    • 48 — one layer of Mossy Cobblestone on layer 0.
    • 250x0 — 250 layers of air, from layer 1 to layer 250.
    • 49 — one layer of obsidian, on layer 251.
    • 78:2 — one layer of thicker-than-usual snow, on layer 252.

[*]8 — biome ID , in this case Nether.[*]stronghold(count=7),biome_1,village(size=0 distance=0),decoration,dungeon,mineshaft — a comma-separated list of structures.

• stronghold(count=7) — this will populate the world with seven strongholds. In this preset, these will appear in mid-air.
    • biome_1 — the biome-specific feature for the Nether is, presumably, the Nether Fortress. TBC.
    • village(size=0 distance=0) — as there is no such thing as a nether village, this will do nothing.
    • decoration — Nether-specific decoration.
    • dungeon — activates dungeons.
    • mineshaft — activates mineshafts at the default placement frequency. These will appear in mid-air as the preset contains 250 layers of air.

A block can also be repeated over multiple layers simply by repeating the block's ID, e.g. 20,20,20,20 would give the same result as 4x20.The Player will spawn on the topmost solid layer, and will spawn under water or lava if there are layers of those above the topmost solid layer.Note that there are several criteria that must be satisfied before some features can appear:

• The biome number must be correct. For example, at present villages can only appear in biome numbers 1 and 2, plains and desert.
  • The correct structure code ('village', 'dungeon' etc.) must be present in the superflat string.
  • Structures must be turned on in the world settings. (This does not affect 'natural' objects such as trees, flowers, mushrooms, giant mushrooms. Obsidian pillars in the End also count as 'natural'.)
  • There must be suitable terrain for the structure to appear on or in. This applies to most features except for mineshafts and strongholds. Villages are a partial exception; they will not form in mid-air, but will form provided there is at least one solid block layer.

For example, to have an 'End' superflat world with obsidian pillars, the biome number must be 9, the superflat string must contain 'decoration', and the top surface block must be End Stone. In this particular case 'Structures' does not need to be turned on in the world options.Attempting to use an incorrectly formatted preset code causes the game to default to the Classic preset.~Unit#phntk#1