I really hope so. I have been doing so many other things that I haven't even finished White yet, so I'm not ready to run out any buy the next one.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

It's not that I don't want it, it's that I want to know if I should get it right at its release so I can get Genesect, or if I can wait a bit and get it later and just have my friend send me the Mystery Gift from his game.
Ah, it's Genesect? Just get it on Black or White, if you really don't want to get it at release for some reason. =P
Blade: Are you SURE? Their making it sound like it's an incentive to buy BW2. I haven't heard anything about it being available for the first version.As soon as I get BW2.. My Garchomp will finally have outrage.. =PAnd my Togekiss can have some better moves.Is anyone up for a battle?
Given that I believe the Japanese version(Happening now) is for both sets, yes, I'm sure. =P Think of it like D/P/P/HG/SS. If something was available for that, and wasn't specifically for something(Like item/Pokewalker downloads, or locked for some silly reason like Mew), then it's available on all games. It's the same thing here with Genesect. It's just that they can sell more copies if they put the 'available in Black/White/Black 2/White 2' stuff in small print, and just mention B/W2 in the main text. =P/EDIT: Now, just as a brief note, I could be wrong. But if I am, that's pretty much just silly for GameFreak. I do apologize if I'm wrong. =/ (Though, given that it runs for a whole month, you pretty much have plenty of time to get the game and get the Genesect anyway.) Edited by BZP Blade

The game is supposed to be coming out AFTER the Keldeo event ends, so unlikely. Maybe if you manage to get the game early, but who knows. As for Genesect, I'm still thinking you'll be able to receive it in your B/W games, despite what the promotional text says.

I think all of the English language games are pretty much interchangeable, but I could be wrong. My brother's Pearl card was imported from America, but we never had any trouble accessing the wireless events here. I don't even know if there's any discernible difference between a cartridge from America and a cartridge from Australia.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Doesn't region locking come into play there? It's all so ridiculous. I know Canadian games, for instance, are equivalent to European ones... it's all just too crazy.
We are? That's odd, never heard of that, considering we get everything(Even events recently, shockingly. Nintendo finally found us on the map. =P) pretty much the same day as the American games. =P(And I'm pretty certain that Sapphire and FireRed might just be American games... I'm not entirely certain where they were gotten, gift wise. =P But they're both compatible with Gen 4, which were all obtained in Canada for sure.)

Maybe standard events might not distinguish between English-language games, but the most concrete example I can think of is the Lucario Global Link distribution; Canadian games can get it without a password, as can European games, whereas games in the US need the one-time password.It's a whole load of nonsense either way. Non-Japanese games always get the short stick in regards to these events, anyway =P

I just restarted my Pokemon Platinum. I've got a few rules that I've set for myself:

• Only six main Pokemon may be used in battle. Any other Pokemon obtained may only be used for HM slaves.
  • All Pokemon must be within 5 levels of each other.
  • What you see is what you get; once you've caught a Pokemon, you can never catch a different member of it's species, unless it's a shiny.
  • Once you have reached a major story point, such as a Gym or showdown with Team Galactic, you may not interrupt it unless you are going to the Pokemon Center to heal. No battling in between allowed.
  • ALL BIDOOF YOU COME ACROSS MUST BE DESTROYED.

My current team consists of a Lv.38 Torterra named Time, a Lv.38 Luxray named And, a Lv.39 Gliscor named Dimensions, a Lv.38 Gyarados named Relative, a Lv.37 Staraptor named In, and a Lv.37 Medicham named Space. I named my character Doctor, my entire team is Male except for Gliscor, I have just earned my seventh badge, and I am currently in Team Galactic's Veilstone HQ.Any advice to help me figure out on how the Weepinbell I'm going to be able to pull this off?

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

My experiences in the GTS have forced me to conclude that Shiny Latias are considerably easier to come by than Sand Force Hippopotas. Seriously, I have about a dozen Latias, and three of them are shiny, and yet I have filled up nearly an entire box with Hippopotas and still no Sand Force.Also, my offer still stands if anyone happens to have a female DW Hippopotas. I have plenty of pokemon with various DW abilities to offer.

I just restarted my Pokemon Platinum. I've got a few rules that I've set for myself:
  • Only six main Pokemon may be used in battle. Any other Pokemon obtained may only be used for HM slaves.
  • What you see is what you get; once you've caught a Pokemon, you can never catch a different member of it's species, unless it's a shiny.
  • Once you have reached a major story point, such as a Gym or showdown with Team Galactic, you may not interrupt it unless you are going to the Pokemon Center to heal. No battling in between allowed.

My current team consists of a Lv.38 Torterra named Time, a Lv.38 Luxray named And, a Lv.39 Gliscor named Dimensions, a Lv.38 Gyarados named Relative, a Lv.37 Staraptor named In, and a Lv.37 Medicham named Space. I named my character Doctor, my entire team is Male except for Gliscor, I have just earned my seventh badge, and I am currently in Team Galactic's Veilstone HQ.Any advice to help me figure out on how the Weepinbell I'm going to be able to pull this off?

I thoroughly approve of the naming choices.Okay, so you have about ten trainers to face, and you can return to the Pokemon centre at any time, right? Lead with Luxray for the first few floors to take out the Golbats and Murkrows, and switch in Torterra when necessary for the poison types. Your biggest problem will be Cyrus, but his Sneasel doesn't carry any Dark moves so you can lead with Medicham, then use Lux or Gyara on the Crobat and Honchkrow. Make use of the Exp. share if you have it. You have a pretty big Ice weakness that you'll have to deal with later, but it shouldn't be a problem at the moment.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!I finally found a shiny from Route 110, a Shiny Zigzagoon! It's unfortunately the shiny that I wanted second least (first being Oddish), but at least I can continue on my BQ! =DShe has a Mild nature, with acceptable IVs in Speed and Defense, though Mild won't help much. I was about to put hunting off for a bit so I could actually get to Mauville when she appeared. I might hunt for a Numel next.

Is it hard to find legitimate Gen III games nowadays?
The amount of obvious (And not so obvious) fakes on eBay is extremely annoying. I naively bought a whole set for Generation III games, than afterward learned of that fake ones exist. .__. Took forever and some contact with eBay to get my money back.. -__-Honestly, I'm still somewhat suspicious of my own copy. =P
I agree that those naming choices are amazing, and I also highly approve of the Bidoof annihilation rule.
Seconded. :P

I don't wanna look like a show off or anything but I just naturally play by those rules. Just bring some Revives or something. In game isn't hard.
I don't purchase Revives. I use what I have found during the game.
My experiences in the GTS have forced me to conclude that Shiny Latias are considerably easier to come by than Sand Force Hippopotas. Seriously, I have about a dozen Latias, and three of them are shiny, and yet I have filled up nearly an entire box with Hippopotas and still no Sand Force.Also, my offer still stands if anyone happens to have a female DW Hippopotas. I have plenty of pokemon with various DW abilities to offer.

I thoroughly approve of the naming choices.Okay, so you have about ten trainers to face, and you can return to the Pokemon centre at any time, right? Lead with Luxray for the first few floors to take out the Golbats and Murkrows, and switch in Torterra when necessary for the poison types. Your biggest problem will be Cyrus, but his Sneasel doesn't carry any Dark moves so you can lead with Medicham, then use Lux or Gyara on the Crobat and Honchkrow. Make use of the Exp. share if you have it. You have a pretty big Ice weakness that you'll have to deal with later, but it shouldn't be a problem at the moment.
Your advice worked right up until the battle with Cyrus. It was then that I discovered that fate hates my guts. I lead with Medicham, but before I could move, it got OHKO'd by a critical Ice Punch. Sneasel then proceeded to wipe out my Gyarados and my Gliscor, which I tried due to the Fire-type moves they had learned. I managed to knock out the dang annoying thing in one hit with Close Combat from my Staraptor, even though Sneasel nailed it with an Ice Punch. Seriously, Sneasel 2HKO's Gyarados, but takes away less than half of my Staraptor's health bar? What?Moving on, I switched into Luxray for battling Crobat. After getting confused two times, KO'd, getting Staraptor KO'd in the process of reviving Luxray, and then getting Luxray badly poisoned, I managed to take down Crobat and Honchkrow. After that, I decide to free the lake Pokemon because, hey, no more battles after Cyrus, right? Hahaha!WRONGI only discover that I need to battle Saturn too after I had started talking to him. So I had to battle him with a half-fainted, badly poisoned Luxray, and a severely disadvantaged Torterra. I still have have no idea how I won that.Anyways, now that my little rant about how video games hate me is over, I give you many thanks for your advice. Edited by Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

@KFRD... there's something very ironic about the fact that I warned you about your team being weak to Ice moves... and then having all your Pokemon that AREN'T weak to ice get wrecked by one.And sorry, I assumed you knew about Saturn! At least his team isn't as tough as Cyrus's.

Edited by Alyska

Genesect is only for B2/W2, just as Keldeo is only for B/W. Confirmed by multiple knowledgeable sites.~B~
Wait, what? Genesect's Data is in B/W and so is the scientist that gives you the disks for it. That's odd.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

He means the event itself, though I'm still skeptical. You can trade your guy over.
So wait, they have an ingame event in B/W for a pokemon that's exclusive to a sequel? That's new... I didn't think they had reverse compatibility, but then again, this is really just B/W 1.5. With Glaciers.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Keldeo is essentially the reverse =P. But yeah, it's not too unsurprising. They plan for a lot of events, and some stuff just never happens, or is somewhat harder to achieve in this case. Look at the Lockbox, or the Azure Flute.

He means the event itself, though I'm still skeptical. You can trade your guy over.
So wait, they have an ingame event in B/W for a pokemon that's exclusive to a sequel? That's new... I didn't think they had reverse compatibility, but then again, this is really just B/W 1.5. With Glaciers.
Hello? What is that supposed to mean?It's an entirely new game, just because they didn't expand the Pokedex doesn't merit itself as a sequel to you?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros