But how does that work? *Is confused* I thought you'd have to be able to transfer the save file from your comp and back...
For Pokésav, that seems to be the only method I can think of for using it.We had a debate on another forum about RNGing, and one point that kept coming up was that RNGing was far closer to using IV calculators and the like than it was to hacking. Hacking is introducing/changing something in the game that you're not meant to change. RNGing is nothing more than taking advantage of the way the game calculates its not-so-random values.Seems Gamefreak can't create an RNG thats actually random, which is the real problem here.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

@ Ballom: I didn't know it could develop on its own. I thought it had to be contracted from a wild carrier.
I didn't either, but I had just been running around with only a Volcarona without Pokerus and a bunch of eggs, and when one hatched it had Pokerus somehow. No wild battles happened. :shrugs:
Seems Gamefreak can't create an RNG thats actually random, which is the real problem here.
I think that's more due to programs in general having trouble producing true random numbers (rather than pseudorandom ones) more than it is GameFreak's issue. The main truly random numbers I've seen have been created using patterns of atmospheric noise.~B~ Edited by Ballom

Hmm. Now I want to do a Pokemon White Nuzlocke; which actually fits rather well in the storyline. There's only one problem. I don't have White. =P And obviously, I don't want to restart Black, since Gen 6 hasn't even started yet... Guess I'll just have to keep looking.

I've attempted Nuzlocking Leafgreen, but got too bored of it to continue. :mellow:
I know I'm going to draw Outrage flame-type attacks by saying this, but...I didn't enjoy playing FireRed, and I imagine LeafGreen would be the same way. There's just something about it that made playing through more work than play. :-/ I'm hoping that HeartGold won't be that way when I get to it; I really enjoyed Platinum, and I'm working my way through Emerald and am loving it, but those are Gen III and Gen IV games. HG, although it's a remake, is at heart a Gen II game (just as FR/LG are Gen I games at heart), so here's hoping the Gen II feeling is more my cup of tea than Gen I was. :-)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Rant time!

Okay, apparently in B2W2, there's a character who will trade you a lot of rare Pokemon, some of which have their Dream World abilities, including Snorlax, Togepi, Spiritomb, Rhyhorn and Shellos. Thing is, if you're playing as the boy, you get all of them as females, whereas if you're playing as a girl, you get all male Pokemon.Now, if it was any old Pokemon, with only regular abilities, I wouldn't give this a second thought. But given how hard it would be to get, say a female Snorlax with its DW ability normally due to the gender ratio, it's starting to look more than a little unfair. Objectively speaking, playing as a guy gives you access to more rare and valuable Pokemon. It would be relatively easy to compensate for this by giving the male Pokemon rare combinations of egg moves- particularly those that would be impossible otherwise, like Mirror Coat, Counter and Stockpile together on Shellos. But nope, they don't possess any egg moves whatsoever.Did Gamefreak do this on purpose? Are they trying to discourage cross players, for whatever reason? Why should we be punished for playing as females? (Especially those of us who actually are female.) Now, this one feature isn't quite enough to make me seriously consider playing as a boy myself, but I am quite annoyed by it. So, forget you, Gamefreak.I am going to play as a girl, AND I am going to get every single one of those female Pokemon. To the GTS!(Now, where did I put all those Combees...?)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Alyska -- I'm pretty sure it's just GameFreak not thinking again, like it does periodically when attempting to balance out certain Pokemon. Don't attribute to malice what you can to stupidity and all that.Edit: Just finish breeding for Ferroseeds. Got two that are pretty nice.Ferroseed [Relaxed]31 / 10 - 14 / 18 - 22 / 18, 20 / 27 / 6 - 14Ferroseed [Relaxed]12 - 16 / 5 - 9 / 23 - 27 / 31 / 27 / 21, 23~B~

Edited by Ballom

I've attempted Nuzlocking Leafgreen, but got too bored of it to continue. :mellow:
I know I'm going to draw Outrage flame-type attacks by saying this, but...I didn't enjoy playing FireRed, and I imagine LeafGreen would be the same way. There's just something about it that made playing through more work than play. :-/ I'm hoping that HeartGold won't be that way when I get to it; I really enjoyed Platinum, and I'm working my way through Emerald and am loving it, but those are Gen III and Gen IV games. HG, although it's a remake, is at heart a Gen II game (just as FR/LG are Gen I games at heart), so here's hoping the Gen II feeling is more my cup of tea than Gen I was. :-)
HGSS are much more advanced in remake technology than FRLG; it feels to me more like a proper fourth gen game, instead of a Gen 2 game.Gen 3 didn't have nearly enough advancements to massively improve FRLG; and I honestly stall on my subsequent playthroughs, despite liking Gen 1 games. They just haven't aged well. =/ Now; if Gen 1 is remade to Gen 5 standards... =P
Rant time!

Okay, apparently in B2W2, there's a character who will trade you a lot of rare Pokemon, some of which have their Dream World abilities, including Snorlax, Togepi, Spiritomb, Rhyhorn and Shellos. Thing is, if you're playing as the boy, you get all of them as females, whereas if you're playing as a girl, you get all male Pokemon.Now, if it was any old Pokemon, with only regular abilities, I wouldn't give this a second thought. But given how hard it would be to get, say a female Snorlax with its DW ability normally due to the gender ratio, it's starting to look more than a little unfair. Objectively speaking, playing as a guy gives you access to more rare and valuable Pokemon. It would be relatively easy to compensate for this by giving the male Pokemon rare combinations of egg moves- particularly those that would be impossible otherwise, like Mirror Coat, Counter and Stockpile together on Shellos. But nope, they don't possess any egg moves whatsoever.Did Gamefreak do this on purpose? Are they trying to discourage cross players, for whatever reason? Why should we be punished for playing as females? (Especially those of us who actually are female.) Now, this one feature isn't quite enough to make me seriously consider playing as a boy myself, but I am quite annoyed by it. So, forget you, Gamefreak.I am going to play as a girl, AND I am going to get every single one of those female Pokemon. To the GTS!(Now, where did I put all those Combees...?)

I can breed them, when I get the games. it is odd; but people wanted gender differences... They certainly got them.However, when you think about it; it makes sense. A female trainer giving you female Pokemon, and vice versa, is not really that odd.(Because it technically is giving them, since they're 'trade anything' trades. =P)

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

Meh. I'm still going to play as the girl. Because I really don't like the boy's character design.Also made a few changes to my planned BW2 team.Mismagius (I'm going to hatch her first, so she'll effectively be my starter)DragoniteTyphlosionLeafeonWalreinCinccinoMy female Hidden Ability collection just grew by Murkrow, Surskit, Abra, Dratini, and most importantly: Eevee. Color me excited. And there's a plan to get Lickitung on Wednesday, so that's nice too. Now the only one I'm itching to get is Sableye.

Edited by Than the Moa
Double post merged

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Haven't been on the Dream World lately, but I've got a handful of females:ExeggcuteShuppetMareepBidoofKangaskhanVulpixLickitungNidoranFSwabluOn an unrelated note, quite a while ago I was trying to catch Rayquaza on Ruby. Spent a day trying to catch it with no luck, but the next day, after 5 or some attempts, the thing came out shiny. First shiny I've seen, and it's a Rayquaza. I also manage to catch this one.So I have a shiny Rayquaza<3

You need to put a Pokemon in each box for the next set to be unlocked, and repeat that.I don't think any are post-game exclusive, but there might be a set or two that can only be unlocked after the E4. Can't check just yet, of course. =P

@Ballom- Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that they could have so easily made it even with rare egg moves, but they didn't. I suppose there's a chance it could be changed for the international release, but it seems unlikely.

Edited by Alyska

Ballom's right, Alyska. Gamefreak just does without thinking a lot. Sort of like their 'Hey, Let's give Breloom Technician!' idea, or the 'Let's make Terrakion a thing!' ideas they had
Also, how their attempts to prevent something from being overpowered usually result in it being catastrophically bad (Slaking, Regigigas).~B~

Ballom's right, Alyska. Gamefreak just does without thinking a lot. Sort of like their 'Hey, Let's give Breloom Technician!' idea, or the 'Let's make Terrakion a thing!' ideas they had
Also, how their attempts to prevent something from being overpowered usually result in it being catastrophically bad (Slaking, Regigigas).~B~
Regigigas's ability is awful. Just awfulWow, so is slakings Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

True, but Giga Impact also keeps you from switching out Slaking on the slacking off/recharge turn.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

But see, with things like that, I wonder whether it really is stupidity. Slaking's ability is basically its whole schtick- a very powerful Pokemon that you can only use half the time- same goes for Archeops. They're not meant to be widely used, but are there to provide an interesting challenge to those who do use them. It's not really about "balance" at all.And then you have stuff like giving Gyro Ball to Pokemon like Electrode and Starmie. That's not stupid. That's trolling.

And then you have stuff like giving Gyro Ball to Pokemon like Electrode and Starmie. That's not stupid. That's trolling.
No, it's because it makes sense in terms of what the move does compared to what the Pokemon getting it is. Like giving Honey Gather to Teddiursa. Completely useless, yet very fitting, which I like.On the other hand, giving Starmie Analytic instead of Regenerator is both trolling and not fitting with realistic expectations, if that makes any sense.Also 666 comments whoo.~B~

That would be so awesome if Starmie had Regenerator.Also, I won my first Random Matchup match today! Granted, I only won because of luck hax, but still pretty cool considering my Starmie was the only EV trained member of my team.

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

So apparently the Salac Berry returns in B2/W2, as the rival's monkey will hold one, which will leave it open to being stolen. Which is nice, because I have a number of Pokemon who used SubSalac or other stuff 4th gen. Edit: Dangit! I just read some stuff, and it appears the stealing moves do not permanently work on trainer's Pokemon in Gen 5. ~B~

Edited by Ballom

Salac, Petaya, and all them should be released via Dream World soon enoughAlyska GameFreak doesn't care much about the metagame. Millions of people buy Pokemon, maybe 20% of them play competitively.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

aghghhgI almost just had a heart attack.I had just finished breeding some Lapras eggs w/ Hydration for a trade. One hatched and was female with the ability so I went and did the trade, then I came back to hatch the remaining four. I hatched a couple. Whatever. Then... one of them... hatched and was shiny.My favorite Pokemon.In shiny form.And it's shiny form is my favorite color.squeeeeeeeeeeThis is only my second shiny. The first was a Basculin, which was totally meh whatevs.The Modest and I haven't a clue what its IVs are beyond it being "A Little Quick Tempered." And unfortunately, it has the worst of Lapras' three possible abilities, Shell Armor. But still. Shiny Lapras squeeeee

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I know the "meh whatevs" shiny feeling. My first shiny was a Ratatta. ;-;I've gotten a couple more since then though, I found a shiny Krokorok and hatched a shiny Sneasel. None of them had good natures, though. =/

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

My 4th gen games have a weird habit of spitting out shinys when I'm replaying the story. Got a shiny Graveler in Platinum while training Empoleon, and a shiny Psyduck in HeartGold when I was exploring Seafoam Islands.Speaking of shinys, anyone else think that

the guaranteed shiny Gible in B2/W2 is rather pointless, given that Garchomp is pretty much the exact same as his normal sprite?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

The only shiny that I have ever encountered in the wild was a Shuppet in White. I was more intent on catching that thing than most legendaries.Also the Regi trio and Regigigas in Black/White 2! YES!

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

The only shiny that I have ever encountered in the wild was a Shuppet in White. I was more intent on catching that thing than most legendaries.Also the Regi trio and Regigigas in Black/White 2! YES!
As well as Heatran, Latios, Latias, Uxie, (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina available from Dream Radar), and probably some more.

banner.jpg