For EXP training- Start with the Pokemon you want to train at level one. Give it a Lucky Egg to hold. Put it in the first slot of your party. Have a powerful Pokemon with Explosion or Selfdestruct also in your party.See if there's a Doctor or Nurse at Nimbasa stadium (If not, rustling grass on route 14). Activate the EXP Pass Power. Start the battle. Switch out to your exploding Pokemon and BOOM! Lots of EXP. If you do all that with a Pokemon starting at level 1, it should grow to around Level 40 after one battle.And Arrow, you can always get a Pokemon with Frisk and/or a Pokemon with Covet, and have them in your party while you're in the Giant Chasm. Wild Clefairies and Lunatone have a 5% chance of holding moon stones. I managed to get about 15 moon stones that way, and I found a shiny Clefairy while I was there, too.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

1 to 40? Seems a bit drastic, but feel free to correct me. Even with the x4 EXP.Anyway, is anyone else bothered that moving NPCs move during wild battles? ._. Not to mention the increased encounter rate in seemingly everywhere, it's battle after battle after battle. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it gets annoying.Especially if it seems like none of your Pokemon know how to run.

1. It's possible; I got to about 29, if not 35 or higher, with a level 1 Snivy, with the Lucky Egg(iThink), the Pass Power, and such. And that's only on a wild Audino. If it was traded, and on a Trainer owned Audino, then it's definitely possible.2. For RNG stuff?

Hmm, I can understand. =PAh, I see... That makes a little more sense. That'd be bad, especially when Cheren and Bianca show up every two seconds or so. =PAlyska: ... The game just rubbed it in; the battle that I've been ignoring is precisely that; a Lunatone battle. xD

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

The encounter rate was changed too, though. *Walks into cave* *Takes one step* WILD GOLBAT APPEARS! >RUN. GOT AWAY SAFELY! *Takes another step* WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED! -_-;
Oh yes, they upped the encounter rate massively, especially in caves. Literally every two steps you get some random 'Mon attacking you.~B~

The encounter rate was changed too, though. *Walks into cave* *Takes one step* WILD GOLBAT APPEARS! >RUN. GOT AWAY SAFELY! *Takes another step* WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED! -_-;
Oh yes, they upped the encounter rate massively, especially in caves. Literally every two steps you get some random 'Mon attacking you.~B~
i hate that...btw i found a porygon event in the dreamworld. cant remember the codes though.and someone remind me what pokerus is... i know i've had this explained to me. Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Yup.Anyone have an Imposter Ditto they're feeling charitable with? I have some of the event dogs from last generation to trade, but not much else. I'll settle for a female Bagon with Moxie.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I think I can see that my Garchomp, despite being amazing itself, can't get better enough to stand up to opponents on random... So... Does anyone here have access to BW2 and wi-fi? I have a Moxie Bagon that doesn't have Outrage, but since BW2 has move tutors for it; I was wondering if they could help with that. I understand if anyone would prefer me to wait, of course, and I guess October isn't that far away, but I thought I'd ask.

...can you do me a solid and breed me a female bagon with moxie...Garchomp is strong but you need to play to its strengths. It can either support the team as a very powerful user of the Choice Scarf, but if you want to actually sweep with it by itself it's going to need a good deal of team support itself. You need to play to its strengths, not use it as a Salamence or Dragonite wannabe. Swords Dance and Dragon Dance are two very, very different moves.

I've been working on a Super Doubles Team after my Durant team bit the dust due to another misclick (watching tv again, accidentally used Sub instead of Protect on Smeargle and a Tornadus outsped and 1HKO'd both it and Salamence with Focus Blast and Hurricane). The new move tutors are interesting, especially Role Play. My plan is to build a team around Role Play Landorus, who copies the Pure Power ability from Medicham or something and then destroys the opposing team with EQ and Rock Slide. Medicham could even use Helping Hand to make Landorus hit even harder. I just need a good EV spread for the Landorus so that it could have plenty of power and still be able to survive random Ice Beams. Thoughts?As for Random Matchup, rain teams do quite well. You just need pokemon that can stop other weathers and you're free to sweep with Kingdra or Tornadus or something.

Edited by Argaraffe

...can you do me a solid and breed me a female bagon with moxie...Garchomp is strong but you need to play to its strengths. It can either support the team as a very powerful user of the Choice Scarf, but if you want to actually sweep with it by itself it's going to need a good deal of team support itself. You need to play to its strengths, not use it as a Salamence or Dragonite wannabe. Swords Dance and Dragon Dance are two very, very different moves.
Sure; just give me a few days to train it and evolve it, and I'll breed you a female Moxie Bagon. =)I'm not even using Swords Dance or Dragon Dance(Likely for obvious reasons for the latter); which is likely my entire problem. =/ And I've mostly been using Yache on it, so it doesn't die in a single hit, if it doesn't defeat the opponent in one turn. Works well, but then Latios is brought out...@Weather Teams: I really want to try a weather team, but I need to figure out the best way to handle that. I'll likely work on that once I'm finished revitalizing my current team. =)

I've been working on a Super Doubles Team after my Durant team bit the dust due to another misclick (watching tv again, accidentally used Sub instead of Protect on Smeargle and a Tornadus outsped and 1HKO'd both it and Salamence with Focus Blast and Hurricane). The new move tutors are interesting, especially Role Play. My plan is to build a team around Role Play Landorus, who copies the Pure Power ability from Medicham or something and then destroys the opposing team with EQ and Rock Slide. Medicham could even use Helping Hand to make Landorus hit even harder. I just need a good EV spread for the Landorus so that it could have plenty of power and still be able to survive random Ice Beams. Thoughts?As for Random Matchup, rain teams do quite well. You just need pokemon that can stop other weathers and you're free to sweep with Kingdra or Tornadus or something.
Landorus just doesn't have the raw bulk to take an Ice Beam from anything viable that would run it. A possible idea is Rock Polish- with Earthquake and Rock Slide you don't need more coverage, so getting +2 speed might be an alternative so you just never have to take an Ice Beam. Fake Out on your Medicham would help get him one of those boosts. A Yache might help on it. I know a Landorus with no defensive investment can live an Expert Belt Ice Punch from Electivire, so an Ice Shard from Life Orb Mamoswine likely won't do 100% either, even so, use Medicham to take out Mamoswine's anyway.@Garchomp: Oh boy, not a Scarfchomp and it has no boosts to its attack either? No wonder you don't like him. Try using Substitute/Swords Dance/Outrage/Earthquake, or Dragon Claw over Outrage if you're feeling conservative. Substitute gives you insurance against Latios, Swords Dance gives you sweeping capabilities [assuming your opponent's Scarfer is already down], then dual STAB. You can stick with Yache if you want, but I think Leftovers might work well too.

Lefties is actually on my Togekiss currently; between that and Roost, it's only possible to actually kill it if you outspeed it. =P (... Which... technically is a lot of the time for me recently. -_-; )I'll try that set; currently I'm running...Fire Fang/Stone Edge/EQuake/Outrage, Yache Berry, Jolly, I believe typical physical attacking EV spread.The only thing I'm not certain of is it's IVs; that might be the second problem. =/

Edited by XIII. Roxas

@ JC: Thanks, I'll probably run Rock Polish as well as Swords Dance on my Landorus since that's more reliable.Also, forgot to mention that I don't recommend Random Matchup. Spent so much time breeding and EV training pokemon, but right before I would win my opponent would usually ragequit. Quite annoying, but I might give it a shot again if it has changed.

I've actually gotten through many matches without ragequits. I've only had two rage quit-like situations, and one actually still gave me the win. =OI'm up for battles, if anyone wants them, though; I need to practice my prediction techniques.../EDIT: Say, can you do Multi battles in the Subway over Wi-Fi? Or is it just local wireless?

Edited by XIII. Roxas

Isn't there a penalty for ragequitting in Random Matchups as of BW2?As for Landorus, if you have a max Speed one, it works really well if you just give it a Rock Gem and partner it with with a Tyranitar holding an Air Balloon. You get half the boost you would from Pure Power from the sandstorm, without using a turn to set up. Perhaps a Scarfed one could work too, but then you'd be switching more often.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Oh, I tried the Sub Dance idea. It... Didn't really work as well as I had initially hoped. =/ Every time I set up a substitute, the opponent knocks it down immediately... Had a pretty hilarious switching race, though. =P

I'm still trying to figure out how to predict. I was getting good there for a while, then I took a break from competitive fights, and I seemingly forgot. Had a good prediction match just now, even if it ended in a Disconnect. =PThat said, awesome fight against a Breloom... I put it onto the Battle Videos server in-game; if anyone wants to watch it: 15-28749-74313It appears that if I bring out Garchomp last against anything, they die, provided they don't have something like a Scarfed Latios hidden away. =P If they've already lost a Pokemon, of course... And aren't uber weak to EQuake.

Hmm. I guess that explains some things, but I'm sure I've outsped one before. Maybe I'm thinking of other things. =PYeah, I'll admit I kinda was. I was expecting it in general; but I thought the guy'd go for something else first. Then when it put me to sleep, I knew things would be bad.

Decided to try Random Matchup again, this time with Rotation, which I find much more fun and suspenseful than Singles. Including disconnects, my record is 11-2, with one loss due to incredible hax and the other to a Dragonite / Salamence / Hydreigon / Garchomp team. Also, how do you get stars to show up next to your name / card thing?

I'm starting a new Emerald, probably gonna Nuzlocke it. But yeah, that "No Centers" rule is one, as is "only Centers", the reverse where you can't use potions of any description.Also I started reading the original Nuzlocke comics again... still hilarious.