I'm training it and Noibat via horde since it is so much quicker.

PERFECT NOIVERN BUDDIES WOOO (only difference is I have Switcheroo on mine)

Anyways, I'm planning and working on a Mega-Evo for my team. My Wi-Fail is still being nothing short of ridiculous so it will be a while for Ditto Safaris to appear on my end.

I'm thinking about working on a Modest MegaToise since it'll power up moves like aura sphere and dragon pulse. Dunno yet.

Debating on trying to breed a Clefable since it is now Fairy type, and it was sort of hindered by its normal typing before. However, I might work on a new Gardevoir since I won't have access to my almost perfect one on Diamond until the PokeBank.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Seriously, is there a guide to this that works or am I just not patient enough for this stuff?

I finally got 1 swinub with 3 Perfect IVs (HP, S.Def and ATK) But it's missing DEF and SPE. AGHH, can someone link to a guide because I've tried for the better part of 6 hours and was only able to get 3 perfect IVs on 1 (and only 1) female Swinub.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Seriously, is there a guide to this that works or am I just not patient enough for this stuff?

I finally got 1 swinub with 3 Perfect IVs (HP, S.Def and ATK) But it's missing DEF and SPE. AGHH, can someone link to a guide because I've tried for the better part of 6 hours and was only able to get 3 perfect IVs on 1 (and only 1) female Swinub.

Unfortunately I've not been in the game for a while, so the last guide I even wrote was about EV training. Google is your best friend in all honestly. There isn't a specific guide guide I use, but various resources for information. The chance to hatch a male or female Swinub is 50%, so it just sounds like your luck at the moment. I typically have different things to breed IVs on with.

One of the DIttos I got has HP/ATK/SpATK/SPD IVs that I use to breed onto a baby, then I throw that baby in with another parent that has even better IVs to breed with. With the process you are doing, you are going to hatch boxes of Pokemon to get one. Unless you have a flawless or near perfect parent to breed with, and even then the other one needs a few good IVs you'll be hatching a lot of eggs.

Are you at least taking advantage of a pokemon with Flame Body to cut the hatch time in half?

Oh right I forgot we can mention outside websites now, so here, here, and uh here.

Edited by Sisen

Maybe it's just me, but my destiny knot is just not passing down the proper IVs.

I got lucky once and was able to use my ditto with 3 IVs to pass them all down but since then I have had absolutely no luck with this ######. I've had my talonflame with flame body since the beginning of the game, so that's not the problem, I just keep having my offspring with less then What I want and according to these guides, should have, since destiny knot or the power items supposedly pass down IVs from the parents I put them on, should I attempt to make a male one with the 3 IVS my current pokemon doesn't have?

I've been using this and this.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

I used this and this to get my good Pokemon. Even if you have 5 IV parents, though, it might take a long time still.Also, Destiny Knot doesn't guarantee a pass of the IVs from the parent that's holding it; it only ensures that 5/6 IVs will be from both parents. So if you're using a parent with 3 perfect and one with no perfect, you have a chance to get no perfect IVs, even if you put the Knot on the parent with the perfect ones.The Power Items, on the other hand, ensure that the particular IV will be passed down from the parent that's holding it.

Edited by Nara

OKay, I need to use my 3 iv swinub, get anoth swinub with the 3 different ivs then mine, and have them uh... go at it until I get the one with the 5 IVs I want?

I used this and this to get my good Pokemon. Even if you have 5 IV parents, though, it might take a long time still.Also, Destiny Knot doesn't guarantee a pass of the IVs from the parent that's holding it; it only ensures that 5/6 IVs will be from both parents. So if you're using a parent with 3 perfect and one with no perfect, you have a chance to get no perfect IVs, even if you put the Knot on the parent with the perfect ones.The Power Items, on the other hand, ensure that the particular IV will be passed down from the parent that's holding it.

Okay, I guess that makes sense. I had read it as " the pokemon with the knot will pass down 5/6 of it's IVs.not "the knot allows both pokemon to collectivily pass down 5 IVs"

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

I used this and this to get my good Pokemon. Even if you have 5 IV parents, though, it might take a long time still.

This. That. Exactly. When I was getting Poliwag, I had a Squirtle and Poliwag lent by my cousin. They both had five IVs perfect. It took me at least a box to hatch one that was like the parents.Destiny Knot helps but it is not a surefire or quick solution. If you read some of the other guides, like Nara is saying you will attach a specific power item to pass down specific IVs until you get what you want. It'll take time though.

Sometimes you get lucky though! The first batch of Trapinch I hatched resulted in a flawless one and neither of the parents were perfect.

You could do it that way, yes. If you have access to a Ditto safari I recommend you catch one there, since all FS Pokemon are guaranteed 2 perfect IVs. But if you're using two Swinub with 3 different perfects, then yeah, you could Destiny knot one and probably Power Item the other to get your 5/6 perfect.You have a chance of inheriting all five imperfect IVs, though; the three imperfect from one and the two from the other.

Edited by Nara

You could do it that way, yes. If you have access to a Ditto safari I recommend you catch one there, since all FS Pokemon are guaranteed 2 perfect IVs. But if you're using two Swinub with 3 different perfects, then yeah, you could Destiny knot one and probably Power Item the other to get your 5/6 perfect.You have a chance of inheriting all five imperfect IVs, though; the three imperfect from one and the two from the other.

I have a full box of ditto from the safari, ditto aren't my problem. I had just never thought of doing that. I'll try this for a bit later, since I'm really tired right now.

Gamers rise up, not down

I'm training it and Noibat via horde since it is so much quicker.

PERFECT NOIVERN BUDDIES WOOO (only difference is I have Switcheroo on mine)

Anyways, I'm planning and working on a Mega-Evo for my team. My Wi-Fail is still being nothing short of ridiculous so it will be a while for Ditto Safaris to appear on my end.

I'm thinking about working on a Modest MegaToise since it'll power up moves like aura sphere and dragon pulse. Dunno yet.

Debating on trying to breed a Clefable since it is now Fairy type, and it was sort of hindered by its normal typing before. However, I might work on a new Gardevoir since I won't have access to my almost perfect one on Diamond until the PokeBank.

My planned Mega is Mega Kangaskhan. This will be an interesting case, because it is an all-female species, which will make breeding for perfect IVs very difficult since I cannot just "spitback" the offspring back into the daycare. The only way I can feasibly pass IVs, especially in the final stage of the Destiny Knot + Everstone chain is to breed something else in the Monster Egg group with perfect IVs. Only problem is I would like a Rough Skin Garchomp to use as future "spitback" for the Kangaskhan project but don't have the DW ability... =(

Edited by sirbibbleton

--==My MOCs==--

Congratulations, Whiplash :) Destiny Knot truly feels like the greatest thing this gen.What are some of your favourite nicknames that you've given to your pokémon? Bred a Gible yesterday, it was female, so I named it Candy Gram. The reference isn't that funny, but it makes me laugh like crazy anyway. Named my shiny Gardevoir Miku Hatsune, kind of sad I can't give it Hyper Voice. Maybe later this gen if they decide to bring it back with a tutor. Named the Vaporeon I went through the main story Rapture, after the city in Bioshock. The Vaporeon I use now is called Poseidon, though. Didn't want to give two 'mons the same name. Scizor is Death Scythe, since I just recently watched Soul Eater during the Halloween break. Briefly considered naming him Witch Hunter instead, though.Got a Kyurem back in gen 5 named ColdFusion. Zekrom is Alduin, naturally. Typhlosion is named Brisingr, despite the fact I've never even finished the first book in the Inheritance Cycle (some day...some day...). Swampert is Swampthang and Chandelure is CandleJack.Edit: I have trouble narrowing down favourites...

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

My regular and shiny Clawitzers are named Backlace and Lacytanga. Those are the names of Panty & Scanty's guns (from Panty & Stocking). They were once pistol shrimp, so it seemed somewhat appropos.

The shiny Pawniard I caught just this morning is named Justin after Justin Law from Soul Eater. Because. Blades and things. Other Soul Eater things: Giriko the Graveler who never evolved because GBA.

I'm also quite fond of all my Medaka Box-reference-named Pokemon. I have a ton of those. I like Akune the Pangoro, Naze the Froslass and Emukae-tan the Lilligant.

Also Railgun the Luxray and Kuroko-tan the Reuniclus. After the protagonists of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.

Huh? What's that? Do I ever name my Pokemon after things that aren't obscure anime? Hm. I don't think so, no.

Except for my starters! My starters are usually named vaguely after Bionicle things. Morbuztrip (Venusaur), Frosteruss (Empoleon), Vastione (Serperior) and Tatoraze (Charizard), at least, were. And of course Matoro the shiny Vanillite.

AXKP5KC.png

These are the Nicknames I've given my fave 3 Pokémon of each gen

Rainmaker the Blastoise

D-Sharp the Dugtrio

Machina the Pidgeot

Dragula the CrobatAquatros the Mantine

Brittles the Shuckle

Rayzr the Rayquaza

Trickpocket the Linoone

Pinette the Cradily

Motoroto the Rotom

Polairs the Magnezone

Waspix the Vespiquen

Yami the Cofagrigus

Hearthrob the Alomamola

Sauron the Volcarona

Tenacious the Pangoro

Caliburn the Aegislash

Auroum the Aurorus

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

...I only just discovered now that Garchomp only gets Outrage as an egg move.*Screams internally*

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Interesting. I just noticed for the first time that you can buy Premier Balls on their own at the Poké Ball Boutique in Lumiose City. Not that it matters much to me, since a whole game of only using/buying standard Poké Balls has given me plenty. I save the Premier Balls for any shinies I might find.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I might use a Quick Ball if I saw, for instance, a shiny Abra or Electrode. But in pretty much all other cases, it's easy enough to avoid letting Pokémon run away or kill themselves. I almost always carry a Pokémon with False Swipe around with me if I intend to go anywhere where wild Pokémon can appear, and if a Pokémon I want appears (shiny or not), one of the first things I'll do is look up whether it'll have recoil-inducing or otherwise self-destructive moves at the level it's at (Aegislash in this game is a godsend, because the majority of recoil-inducing moves are Normal or Fighting types, so by using a Ghost-type, False Swipe becomes a safer and more reliable strategy). If it has recoil moves you can't avoid, it's easy enough to just lob balls at it as it weakens itself (usually a little bit at a time, since raising your Pokémon to high levels in X/Y is stupidly easy). That's why I plan to use Premier Balls; by using regular Poké Balls for everything that's not shiny, I end up stockpiling Premier Balls AND getting frequent critical captures. I've already got 30-some Premier Balls for whenever I do run into a shiny, and now that I know you can buy them on their own it'll be that much easier to restock if I ever do run through them.

I really want to breed another Gardevoir, but I want to use the one I have that's great from the other games... However I have to wait for the Pokemon Bank for that.

Here's some shiny Pokemon related news.

Basically what it means is: If you find out your SV (Shiny Value) you can team up with other people to hatch shiny Pokemon. Say Alyska has a SV of 505, and my Poliwag egg has 505 it would hatch shiny due to that attribute occurring at hatching and not before. You'll lose being the OT on the Pokemon if someone hatches it for you, but hey you would have a shiny one!

Edited by Sisen

Hm. According to Bulbapedia the Quick Ball's capture rate was upped to x5 in Gen V....either way Quick Balls are crazy good, just utterly unappealing aesthetically. I use them for most captures that are just for the Pokedex, for Pokemon I want in my team or shinies, I try to use balls in colors that match them. I would never use a Quick Ball on anything except for like, a shiny Relicanth or Riolu or something. Most Pokemon have high enough catch rates that there's nothing wrong with taking your time and just chucking Poke Balls regardless of catch rate. I mean. Catching a shiny Pawniard in a Net Ball may seem stupid, but it's the most aesthetically pleasing thing, so.

AXKP5KC.png

Meinfoo has been obtained! 31/31/31/x/31/31

I'm going to hatch a dozen though just to see what happens. I'll have a lot of scraps, let me know if you want one. It falls into the human like and field egg groups, so there's potential to breed some good stuff.

I've been trying all day to get a Timid 31/X/X/31/31/31 Female eevee with hidden power ice. And I finally hatched a a male and a female with those state (But hidden power dark) so I'm hoping it'll happen EVENTUALLY.

This is even harder then the swinubs, and I was able to start breeding this time around with a 5 IV pokemon..

EDIT; It's done. I got four male ones if anyone's interested. They all have an "outstanding" ratting from the IV guy.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Speaking of Hidden Power, it must be possible for Pokemon to get Hidden Power Fairy now, right? I wonder if that means some Pokemon's Hidden Power types will change when they go through Pokemon Bank...

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

IDK, From what I read, there is no hidden power fairy (don't quote me on that.)

So... As you guys may or may not know, my favorite pokemon is hypno, now, I know he sucks, but regardless I like him.

Unfortunately, wish is so rare on the thing I will never get a wish drowzee, however, this gen hypno got Sleep talk (something I've wished he had for a while so I could make this Set) so After a while I came up with this idea:

Hypno

Item: Leftovers Ability: Inner Focus (hidden ability) Nature: Bold

Moveset EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA

~ Sleep Talk - TM~ Nasty Plot - Level 53~ Rest - TM~ Psychic - TM/ Level 49

I'm unsure about the nature and EVs though, and I wish Hypno had a better attacking move but you get the idea, It's like a Variant on Rest Talk Suicune... so uhh... thoughts, Ideas?

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Is a 30 Special Attack, 31 Speed Deoxys worth it? I finally got around to soft resetting for one, and though it's Docile and has a grand total of 4 Attack IVs, I think the Special Attack and Speed IVs kinda make up for it...

Speaking of Hidden Power, it must be possible for Pokemon to get Hidden Power Fairy now, right? I wonder if that maens some Pokemon's Hidden Power types will change when they go through Pokemon Bank...

If pixilate turns normal moves fairy... Does Mega Gardevoir turn hidden power into the fairy type when attacking?

Edited by Sisen

Pretty sure Pixilate and related abilities don't affect HP, since the move is essentially already another type.

Yeah. If it did turn Hidden Power into a Fairy-type move, it wouldn't make a difference anyway, since the effect of Hidden Power would essentially just change the type again before the attack.