Super Smash Bros.

Just A Dot

I'm hopeing with SSB4 being on 3DS and Wii U some changes will be made to the invisabillity power up. Namely, making it so you stay visable on your screen while being completely invisable on everyone else's.

Let's hope so, but we still don't know how many tablets the Wii U supports. I'd assume four, but it may not.I'd just like for the invisibility thing to not make you immune to damage. Of course, not that it matters, because I play without items on.I'm hoping for some crazy matches on the Wii U version. I will mostly play standard, Final Destination, no items, 1 on 1, but if it supports 8 players at once, I'll have some awesome parties (with items on high, and maybe on a more gimmicky stage).

I'm hopeing with SSB4 being on 3DS and Wii U some changes will be made to the invisabillity power up. Namely, making it so you stay visable on your screen while being completely invisable on everyone else's.

Let's hope so, but we still don't know how many tablets the Wii U supports. I'd assume four, but it may not.
Well, technically, it's assumed it supports four, but at E3 it was stated that no first-party game for Wii U will support more than one due to the high cost of the tablet controllers.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Yeah, we still don't really know much about that kind of stuff. I heard the final look and specs and such of it would be at E3(Unless it launches earlier, of course, but I doubt it would, to be honest. =P), so that probably includes final information about the controllers and such.I hope either way it'll support Wii controllers at the very least... I meant, we need dual analog support with more things than the WiiU Tablet, and that just so happens to include the Classic Controller Pro. =P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Nintendo Power had an interview with Masahiro Sakurai regarding the new Kid Icarus, at the end of it though was a question about Smash Bros.

Nintendo Power: Finally, we figure you probably can't talk about this too much, but we have to ask: have you started thinking about the next Smash Bros. titleand the overall direction you want to take with it?Masahiro Sakurai: I can't really say anything until things settle down with Kid Icarus... And a lot of it will depend on the team that I end up assembling for Smash Bros. It may take awhile, but I think that your patience will be rewarded.

Source: Masahiro Sakurai, Nintendo Power #275, Pg. 41Looks like they still have to assemble the team for the new games. Edited by Kohaku

If they want to give us something amazing, they'll bring in Capcom. Honestly, I think Nintendo, since Capcom hasn't done too much with Mega Man lately, should either buy the rights to Mega Man (of course, they have enough platformers), or just buy the rights to put him in SSB4. That would be fairly cheap, I assume. However, I think another very likely Capcom character would be Ryu from Street Fighter, and his entire moveset's a given-his regular moves from SF, plus his Ultra Combo-one of them-as his Final Smash, and a chargeable move, where you charge up your punch, and release it to do a combo, with multiple punches. However, all characters in SSB4 should have the ability to turn while charging, unless their chargeable move is just really overpowered.Some Nintendo Characters That I Want:-Skull Kid (Reason: He's been in three Zelda games, that's enough to warrant being added in. Plus, final smash is OBVIOUS: Moon from MM crashes into Stage.)-Geno, from Super Mario RPG (Reason: He was the most wanted first-person character in a Japanese poll for...Brawl, I think. I can't wait for polls on characters for SSB4 start. Come on, Skull Kid!)-Paper Mario (Reason: He could be different than Mario, and he'd be the next Dr. Mario! Cool power, mentioned by GI: Going sideways so he can't be seen due to being paper-thin)-Navi (Reason: just kidding)-Ridley (Reason: A smaller version of Ridley, Bowser sized, would be great! He could fly some, but not infinitely, of course, and his Final Smash would be that move from the fight for one of his forms in Brawl, Subspace Emmisary, when he brings the spaceship down with FIRE!)-More that I'll think of, this is just basic.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

If they want to give us something amazing, they'll bring in Capcom. Honestly, I think Nintendo, since Capcom hasn't done too much with Mega Man lately, should either buy the rights to Mega Man (of course, they have enough platformers), or just buy the rights to put him in SSB4. That would be fairly cheap, I assume. However, I think another very likely Capcom character would be Ryu from Street Fighter, and his entire moveset's a given-his regular moves from SF, plus his Ultra Combo-one of them-as his Final Smash, and a chargeable move, where you charge up your punch, and release it to do a combo, with multiple punches. However, all characters in SSB4 should have the ability to turn while charging, unless their chargeable move is just really overpowered.Some Nintendo Characters That I Want:-Skull Kid (Reason: He's been in three Zelda games, that's enough to warrant being added in. Plus, final smash is OBVIOUS: Moon from MM crashes into Stage.)-Geno, from Super Mario RPG (Reason: He was the most wanted first-person character in a Japanese poll for...Brawl, I think. I can't wait for polls on characters for SSB4 start. Come on, Skull Kid!)-Paper Mario (Reason: He could be different than Mario, and he'd be the next Dr. Mario! Cool power, mentioned by GI: Going sideways so he can't be seen due to being paper-thin)-Navi (Reason: just kidding)-Ridley (Reason: A smaller version of Ridley, Bowser sized, would be great! He could fly some, but not infinitely, of course, and his Final Smash would be that move from the fight for one of his forms in Brawl, Subspace Emmisary, when he brings the spaceship down with FIRE!)-More that I'll think of, this is just basic.

I agree with you on Ridley, but I don't really think Skull Kid needs to be there. Zelda will have enough representetives, especially if Sakurai decideds to add a Toon Zelda/Tetra (which I believe he said he does support.) Geno, although somewhat cool, was only in one game, and I believe the spot fits better with Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario. Paper Mario would be okay, but I was not a fan of Dr. Mario being in Melee.I want Luigi to have a Poltergeist-based moveset. I could see his Down B becoming a suck/inhale of sorts, and I would like his Side B to be the elements (tap SB for a quick burst of fire, hold B longer to continue the fire, hold side and B for a stream of water, and smash side and B to shoot a ball of ice (that can freeze people.))I do feel Ryu and Mega Man would be great additions. So would Pac-man. He just fits with the Smash Bros. style. Edited by The Beninator

Geno was actually in two games... =P He cameo'd to tell you how to play an arcade game in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.I'd love to have Paper Mario in the new Smash Bros. My sister wanted Toon Zelda/Tetra in brawl, so I think that should work. But what would her final smash be?Luigi with a Poltergust themed move-set would be interesting, but it might be better as a final smash to get the Poltergust... :shrugs: Skull kid might be possible but I kind of doubt they would put him in there. On another note, how would Tetra even attack? The possibilities...~PowerMiner~

Groose should be in the next game. His final smash could be everyone on the field getting copies of his hair, and being dealt damage as a result (like the flower, but stronger).That or he pulls out

the Groosinator.

Potential spoilers for Skyward Sword, in case you are wondering. :P

Edited by ckmc

Lacertus

I know it's got a 0% chance of happening, but I want Sly Cooper in the next Smash Bros.Or better yet, Nintendo and Sony working together to bring the next Smash Bros. to the Wii U and the PS4, with plenty of Nintendo and Sony characters. That would be awesome.Just remember, no one ever thought Nintendo and SEGA would work together...

I have no bias against Sony, but since I don't go for their systems, 'cept an old PS1 I have, and PS2 is kinda nice, I would like them to quit making consoles, merely so I could be able to play games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, the like. Plus Nathan Drake in SSB-WIN!Oh, and Tilius...YES!!!Anyways, there is most likely going to be character customization in the next game. If they add the ability to...well, let me explain a theory.With their Live-like WiiU online service, they have you earn SmashPoints for different achievement like things (which also help your overall Nintendo version of Gamerscore), and for winning matches you earn SmashPoints, and players can put customized characters on there to sell for SmashPoints, though to make it safe from noobs getting free points, it costs...maybe, 2x the price of your character to PUT him up for sale, so you have to sell a few to make a profit. That way, you'd be able to have Nathan Drake, Master Chief, everything, without the need for softmodding. Oh also, you tag your characters, for example you tag Master Chief 'halo' or 'reach' or 'energy sword' or whatever. Also, when customizing, it limits the power of your attacks. And you can sell characters made by you with one or more tags the same in bundles. On the subject of characters that WON'T happen but should...-Dragonborn (Likeliness for SSB4: 3%. Likeliness once Bethesda goes to WiiU with a Skyrim port, which they've considered: 17%.)-Master Chief-Slash (Guitar Hero III)-Nathan Drake-Ratchet-Clank-Sub-Zero-Scorpion-Raiden-Sly Cooper-Freddy Krueger (hey, MK had it)-Ezio (Likeliness for SSB4: 2%. Likeliness once AC comes to WiiU, which it has been confirmed, with possibly a bonus WiiU exclusive RPG (though it may not be AC): 43%).-Altair-Other Stuff...-Noble Six-Arbitor-Cortana (ok NO!!!!)-Nicholas Cage

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

^ But that was long after SEGA stopped producing consoles.I usually play as Ike, who is apparently a low tier character.What?!

My sister and I play on a somewhat high level, and her main is Ike. Now, she usually doesn't use him in tournaments, but she can (and does) beat me with him. Ike is hard to play because of his low speed, but his air attacks, as well as his tilts, are above average, and his smashes can be used effectively if you know what you are doing.Tier lists don't mean much. Any character can be good in the hands of a master.

-Master Chief

How could I forget him? YES!And a Skyrim port for Wii U? Not even Nintendo would be good enough to grant us such a gift. But we can still dream! Edited by The Beninator

Tier lists make sense from a competitive standpoint. I don't pay much attention to them, seeing as they have no real effect on how I play. Really, they are just a measure of how well a character is expected to preform in a tournament.

I know, but those are only expectations. They really don't determine what happens in the match.

Actually, Besthesda themselves said they wanted to make a Skyrim port for WiiU, as it would have the system capabilties of (actually more so then) the other systems they'd released Skyrim on. They said it may or may not happen because it's always hard to bring an entire game, especially such a large one, over to another console.Back on the topic of Smash Bros. I wish they would finish KI: Uprising soon. I want it, plus once it's done development on SSB4 begins. Let's guess release dates. I say Summer 2014.

I would LOVE ridley in SSB4. I am a huge metroid fan. I think he could work slightly similar to bowser/charizard. Another great character I think would be a space pirate. As generic as that sounds I think it has alot of potentiol for SBB.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

Better balance is okay, but I was pleased with Brawl's balance (other than MK and Snake.) Combos are a no-no. Smash Bros. does not really need the formula tweeked with.I do want the game back to Melee speed, but other than that, the only gameplay change should be removal of random tripping.

Better balance is okay, but I was pleased with Brawl's balance (other than MK and Snake.) Combos are a no-no. Smash Bros. does not really need the formula tweeked with.I do want the game back to Melee speed, but other than that, the only gameplay change should be removal of random tripping.

Well, Melee and the original had combos. All I mean is having hitstun. And Brawl's balance is alright if you ignore the really low tier characters and anyone with a chain-grab.Seriously, how did they NOT notice the Deedeedee chain grab?

Gamers rise up, not down

Well, Melee and the original had combos. All I mean is having hitstun. And Brawl's balance is alright if you ignore the really low tier characters and anyone with a chain-grab.Seriously, how did they NOT notice the Deedeedee chain grab?
I thought you were reffering to button combos to allow for different attacks. Melee and Smash 64 style combos are fine.I am okay with chaingrabs like Marth and Falco, because they can be escaped after about 2-3 throws. But, yeah, the Dedede one is really annoying.

"Character Balance" is impossible for a game with as many characters as Smash Bros, Really.

Sakurai announced that more people will be helping him this time around to balance characters, instead of just him. So while it won't be completely balanced(Heck, most games aren't), because balance really is hard to achieve, it will at least be better.

overlordsukapon.png

"Character Balance" is impossible for a game with as many characters as Smash Bros, Really.

Sakurai announced that more people will be helping him this time around to balance characters, instead of just him. So while it won't be completely balanced(Heck, most games aren't), because balance really is hard to achieve, it will at least be better.
I consider Melee fairly balanced, and the only problems with Brawl's balance were (in my opinion) Meta Knight and Snake. And Ganondorf. So if they just make a few small changes, I will be pleased.

What's so unfair about Snake? I hate his final smash.. but... what?

Well, for starters he's quick, strong, swift, has a good recovery, is heavy, powerful, and has gigantic disjointed hitboxes. Just very overpowered.

I consider Melee fairly balanced, and the only problems with Brawl's balance were (in my opinion) Meta Knight and Snake. And Ganondorf. So if they just make a few small changes, I will be pleased.
You forgot Jigglypuff. Edited by Squishypony

overlordsukapon.png

What's so unfair about Snake? I hate his final smash.. but... what?

Well, for starters he's quick, strong, swift, has a good recovery, is heavy, powerful, and has gigantic disjointed hitboxes. Just very overpowered.
Yeah man, you seen the hitboxes on his up and side tilts. stupid. I'd post videos, but I can't on this site..

Gamers rise up, not down