The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

do any of you guys remember Finch? kinda hard to place, but you could consider them alt metal if you wanted. anyway, Say Hello To Sunshine is great and you should all listen to it

I still don't fully understand why, but yes, I liked Finch.Do they really count as metal, though? Not trying to genre bash, I'm just not really sure they quite fit into the niche.Anyhow, I like Spotify. Yes, it hates America, but really, there's plenty of stuff America gets that everybody else doesn't.

the reason a bunch of bands are missing is because labels like Sumerian, Metal Blade and Century Media along with a few tiny labels refuse to allow their content on there. they're pros at being stuck in the past.

"No guys it's totally cooler to keep our bands' music on vinyl, that way only the cool people get to listen to it and we don't have any posers listening to it cause that's totally not cool"

only in dreams.

do any of you guys remember Finch? kinda hard to place, but you could consider them alt metal if you wanted. anyway, Say Hello To Sunshine is great and you should all listen to it

What It Is To Burn is classic.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I have a friend who played a Suicide Silence song for me in his car, after a very terrible person called him a derogatory name regarding Suicide Silence, after that person found out he listened to deathcore.I don't think my friend really listen to them though. :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

A question: What exactly are the differences between rock music and metal music? If Linkin Park isn't metal but Dream Theater is, I must have a misconception of metal in my mind.

See, the problem with that question is that it's very difficult to explain any genre using words, or even explain it at all.So instead of trying to do that, I'm going to suggest that you listen to some songs from Black Sabbath's self titled album or Paranoid, since those are the albums that pretty much defined metal when it started, and then compare that to rock.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

A question: What exactly are the differences between rock music and metal music? If Linkin Park isn't metal but Dream Theater is, I must have a misconception of metal in my mind.

See, the problem with that question is that it's very difficult to explain any genre using words, or even explain it at all.So instead of trying to do that, I'm going to suggest that you listen to some songs from Black Sabbath's self titled album or Paranoid, since those are the albums that pretty much defined metal when it started, and then compare that to rock.
There's always Judas Priest's album Sad Wings of Destiny too. That was pretty 70s metal, and early on in the genre as well.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

FALL OF TROY OH MY GOD YOU GUYS WHY AM I SO LATE TO THIS PARTY

I agree wholeheartedly. Killer band is killer.

SNAP OUT OF IT-Teezy

but they're actually really talented, like srslymitch is an awesome vocalist and they're kinda catchy and oh man i finally get why they're the most popular deathcore band
._.

Emmure, Like Moths To Flames and Every Avenue are going to be at raleighpalooza this yearbrb dying

I miss Emarosa and Agraceful. Nothing Chris Roetter does can top them for me.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND