The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

I enjoy everything Metallica's done except Kill 'Em All and Lulu lol. And Megadeth is better, and I enjoy literally everything they've done. Aso, Pantera, how can you say "especially the first 3 albums" when that doesn't include Rust In Peace?

I couldn't really name the first 3 albums, so I didn't really know!Death Magnetic was okay, compared to the :censored: they put out in the '90s.Lulu starting to grow on me. God have mercy on my soul...-Malchior-: I agree. Ever listen to Overkill and Exodus? (I should give Testament a try!) However, I never found Anthrax to be Thrash. They're just kinda... boring to me. It sounds kind of like Quiet Riot mixed in with a bit of Slayer.Valenti: You like Metallica's later work? You are banished. I CAST YOU OUT!JK. :PI also hate how Lars Ulrich (and Metallica in general) on That Metal Show (VH1 Classic, FTW!) seem to say to their HARDCORE FANS: "Nah, we don't care about hate."That's how you improve. You let hate engulf you to make more AGRESSIVE stuff.I say a comment on Lulu on [nope] that said: "This was a test of loyalty for Metallica fans."He/she is right. I'm done with Metallica. I guess you COULD say I kind of grew out of it. That's plays A part in me not liking them anymore.AND! And I also HATE IT whenever they say something like: "Yeah, this is like Master Of Puppets (album, not song) mixed with Lou Reed."THAT WAS THE WORST LIE SINCE SANTA! Whoops! Sorry, kids!But no, I was like "Lou Reed? Never heaard of him. Hope he's good!"THEN I found out that he said since one of his albums, all of his fans left. Hes' just doing it for fun now.HOW STUPID ARE YOU, OLD MAN?The Rage is over.Seeya. Edited by Makaru
Removed.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

getting emotional over metallica = neverending lolzdude chill out, it's music. don't take it that seriouslyalso Lou Reed is a legend, he was in The Velvet Underground you know.also just gonna throw it out there that your sig combined with your avatar are not really portraying you in a positive light.

nhsYE.jpg

I'm pessimistic, so I can be suprised when something good happens.I rather fight for Heavy Metal than fight for Rights or religion. Music means that much to me. Well, Heavy Metal does.Why would I wanna be in a positive light?

Led Zeppelin?

Or you could, y'know, try being more objective instead of automatically saying an entire genre "sucks" simply because you don't like the artists from it you've heard. Quite frankly, that's just kind of ignorant.Also might want to think about getting your priorities straight.

Why would I wanna be in a positive light?

I can guarantee, in a few years you'll regret having that kind of attitude. Edited by Eucliwood

I'm not trying to be Hardcore. I think.But yeah, I see wht your saying. I'll change my Avatar and everything.There ARE ways I COULD regret having the attitude I have. There ARE few ways, however, it might help. (AVGN style stuff or whatever).But hey, I'm from Michigan, I guess I naturally have an attitude. :PBe back.

Led Zeppelin?

Glad to know we have your permission to keep on discussing what the thread is supposed to be about.Anyway, just read a really interesting interview with Tom from Stray From the Path where he talks about Kickstarter and other forms of fan support of bands. Great read.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Except that Anthrax were a ton more influential than Exodus. If the Big Four was based on quality, Metallica shouldn't be anywhere near it... :PI'm pretty sure Anthrax was Thrash back in the day. Sure, they always had that Groove Metal somewhere in the mix, and I'd say Worship Music is more Groove than Thrash (still a brilliant album), but look at Among The Living: it's pretty much pure ThrashPantera, sure, go for the Metal Hammer. I don't know why I don't have a subscription even though I've been getting almost every issue for the past 3-4 years.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Malchior have you checked out Decibel mag? they're a little harder to find on shelves by way of being pretty underground but they're one of the best metal publications imo, since they cover almost every subgenre (even including a little hardcore here and there). every issue also comes with a flexi disc which is a cool little bonusalso if any band had to be added into the big four in place of anthrax it would probably be Testament

nhsYE.jpg

Malchior have you checked out Decibel mag? they're a little harder to find on shelves by way of being pretty underground but they're one of the best metal publications imo, since they cover almost every subgenre (even including a little hardcore here and there). every issue also comes with a flexi disc which is a cool little bonus

I live in the UK, so I'm guessing I wouldn't find it here. But Metal Hammer is good too, at least the UK version is. They do cover pretty much every subgenre, including Hardcore and heavier rock too. And there's some cool free stuff with it from time to time, like an official exclusive Machine Head vinyl from a few issues back or just free albums from new bands.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Anybody watch and/or like That Metal Show?You can watch it ONLY if you have VH1 Classic. (AWESOME CHANNLE!)Or by an Iphone or something...EDIT: I agree, Exodus should replace Anthrax. Testament is a little weird to me, but Overkill is pretty cool. Even though one of their songs rips riffs from about 4 other Thrash bands.The Big 4 is a little stupid if I think about it a bit.Anyone see the Metal Evolution series? I thought: "URSUM!" at first, but it is a little boring for me. I guess it's because it looks through the whole genre they're talking about. I think THE most boring episodes were The first 3 or so. The "Early Metal" episodes I think they were called. I mean, I already knew almost EVERYTHING about Early Metal.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Hahaha, this thread should get entertaining as soon as Pantera posts again.-Teezy

...I guess. I'm glad I entertain you. :censored: :PThat Metal Show for me is generally boring sometimes. Except when they had that Halloween episode 2 years ago (2010) with Phil Anselmo. He's pretty cool to me (even though he WAS a bad influence). VH1 Classic showing Deathcore and/or Grindcore?Get outta here! That wouldn't make sense.Besides, I like it more because I LOVE Led Zeppelin! OOPS! I said something non-Metal!Forgive me!Just in case anyone's wondering for some reason: I do think Pink Floyd is boring. Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

really? i bought The Gallery on a whim a while back and it was pretty great, definitely worth at least one or two listens. i still prefer the other "big 3" gothenburg bands over them but they're still pretty coolalso yeah zep is mos def rock, hard rock at most. decent though, i had a phase where i was addicted to them. you could also consider them proto-metal is you prefer

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg