The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

So I just entered a raffle to win a really rare fanbox of Paradise Lost's new album.

The fanbox includes the following features:• Limited 2CD Box Set• Gatefold LP (Colored Vinyl)• 7 inch (Colored Vinyl)• Paradise Lost Army Cap• A1 Tragic Idol poster• Tragic Idol Slipmat• Hand-numbered certificate of authenticity

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So I just entered a raffle to win a really rare fanbox of Paradise Lost's new album.

The fanbox includes the following features:• Limited 2CD Box Set• Gatefold LP (Colored Vinyl)• 7 inch (Colored Vinyl)• Paradise Lost Army Cap• A1 Tragic Idol poster• Tragic Idol Slipmat• Hand-numbered certificate of authenticity

Sweet. I would have preordered that, but I don't have the money to spend on it, so I just ordered the other 2CD limited edition. It's still gonna be signed though.Good luck with the raffle.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

dear musiciansit's not a tour if there are less than ten dates being playedespecially if two of those dates are in canadasincerely, the west coastBut seriously, apparently Deftones and SoaD are touring for a few dates on the east coast. I can only imagine that they'll announce more dates, otherwise, that just seems silly.

oh my god guysMike Williams from The Agony Scene is following me on Twitterthe vocalist of my favorite semi-obscure disbanded deathcore group is following me on Twitteralso looked him up to see what he's been up to since TAS broke up in '08, apparently he does country music now.

i have a few dudes who follow me on tumblr, Ryan Neff (Miss May I), Cole Warden (The Plot In You), and Steve Garner (The Bridal Procession). also a bunch of bands, cool stuff

speaking of The Bridal Procession, check 'em out if the idea of blackened deathcore sounds fabulous to you. great band, honestly

nhsYE.jpg

oh sweet you should follow me on there or something, all I do is post rants about politics and society and reblog stupid stuff but still. name's (share via private means, please -HH) if you're interested.also been digging Himsa lately, top-notch metalcore. the guitar on "Dominion" is so good.

Edited by Hahli Husky

I meant not much of a loss to music. In the unemployment sense, of course it is, yeah. But the bad bands were far outweighing the good, and most of the artists are gonna find new homes somewhere else anyway.Roadrunner is still a major label subsidiary. They'll probably end up on one of the other branches of whoever owns them.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Really, when did this happen? That's a shame, they did have some good bands. Megadeth, Rob Zombie, Opeth, Mastodon, Grand Magus, Murderdolls, Black Label Society, Machine Head... Probably a couple more I'm forgetting.But yeah, you're probably right, Century Media's gonna grab a few.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I came here looking for some inspiration. I am somehow a death-metally kind of guy. Imainly listen to Opeth (my all-time favorite),, some As I Lay Dying, didn't like Trivium that much, only one album by Disturbed (Asylum-loved it despite not being quite metally), also into A7X (not as metally as the rest, though). Any good idea on decent death metal (mainly melodic and can include some Mikael-Akerfeldt-groany vocals) and some progressive? But nothing too blasphemic or the likes; it gets stupid for me IMHO because religion should not be mocked or hated (just my opinion). I despise Lamb of God for that reason, but I really dig their instrumental styles. So any ideas to expand my horizons a bit? FTR I just downloaded some stuff for Skeletonwitch, Anubis Gate, Arch Enemy, Eyes Set to Kill, Dawn of Ashes, Warbringer and a few others. What should I start with?

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

A flame war is far from what I came here seeking, so if it doesn't bother you much, Eucliwood, please have some consideration for others' "mediocre" methodologies and not-so-cynical attitudes towards life. I respect the fact that you're not really convinced by the whole idea of "religion", but that doesn't mean you're entitled to make fun of others' beliefs. I don't know whether you fear, hate, or don't know a thing about religion, but this topic was made for the purpose of connecting Metal fans on BZPower, so let's just keep it to that level, and we can have heated, lengthy discussions on whatever bugs you somewhere else.On a side note: thanks for your suggestions, will be sure to check them out.

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)