Overpopulation Regulations?

I don't think new Matoran can be created. After a hundred thousand years or more, they'll begin to die off, since there's really no way to replenish them.

Well, let's see...

Assuming the species from the MU do not live forever, and now that Mata Nui cannot create any more, won't all of the sentient species from the MU eventually die out? Or if not, how will the species live on?Thank you very much for your time.

You're assuming Mata Nui had to be directly involved in creating new ones. He didn't. The Turaga, for example, once they were back in Metru Nui could have created more Matoran, even though Mata Nui was still asleep. All he did was create the initial members of species, he didn't have to create every single one. Remember, he was paying virtually no attention to what was going on inside of him for most of the last 100,000 years -- his focus was on the planets he was visiting.

Behold these truths to be self-evident. There's a better quote for this that says that the Turaga would have to take equipment from Metru Nui to do this process, and I will likely find it soon. Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Well, they may be programmed with basic instincts for survival and some given roles as "repair drones" to sustain themselves, at least when they were inside the Great Spirit robot. I believe that Artakha is the only one capable of making matoran/toa if the need be.The agori lack the genius and technology required, unless they discover ruins from the Great Beings, or another Great Being creates his own private civilization.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Well, overpopulation is probably not an issue, since the problems that cause this here don't exist. Namely the making of a new one is a process controlled by whoever owns the machines, so there's no emotional reasons that new Matoran would come into being, at least not like real life.As far as knowing when to make more, I suppose they'd use the same basic reasoning as they did in the Matoran Universe, just using survival on the new world as the goal instead of upkeep of the giant robot. If there was to be a problem I would think it'd come from the Agori and Glatorian, who apparently do reproduce like us.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Good question... In fact destiny itself might be a problem now, in terms of new Toa, because as far as I know destiny was a system running in the giant robot, no longer available. Unless it's a collective program running in all protodermis, by my cyberclay theory. But if destiny no longer operates, can anyone at all become a Toa now?It could be that any Matoran can become a Toa, but in the MU destiny interfered to block this ability of those not destined, so now the block is removed.Prior to the GC, I think destinies definately could have been set for them without Mata Nui's conscious guiding. And if destiny isn't a block but a necessary ingredient, there are probably still many around who are destined.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

knuckles, Greg confirmed they need to get the machines in order to make more. :)

• Upvote 1

knuckles, Greg confirmed they need to get the machines in order to make more. :)

I see the roots of an interesting fan-fiction: the last surviving Turaga and his few remaining Matoran aids have to venture into the ancient, dark, decaying Mata Nui robot to find the machines. Who knows what they could encounter in that old abandoned place. Or has it been indicated that the machines have already been removed?

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Or has it been indicated that the machines have already been removed?

The Toa have been working on removing anything of interest from the Matoran Universe--mostly machinery. Chiara makes a reference to this fact in The Yesterday Quest, Chapter 1:

A lightning bolt sizzled between the two of them . “It’s too hot to fight, boys,” said CHIARA. “I say if we’re going, then let’s go. It has to be more fun than watching Toa of Water hauling equipment out of Metru Nui all day.”

The machines necessary for something as important as preserving a huge species would clearly be toward the top of the "to-save" list. So, the machines have not been removed in full yet, to our knowledge, but they definitely will be.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."