Characters that should have gotten their sets and combi models.

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. Throughout Bionicle’s history, there have been some major characters that got sets. Some are shown through combo models or alternate builds. However, there are some major characters didn’t get sets, combo models, or alternate models. We did have other things that gave them their physical appearances, though. There are picture books that show the characters. Fans did drawing and Bionicle set competitions for the characters, too. 

So, in my mind, there is a list of characters that I feel should have their own sets or combo models: 
1. Sand Tarakava (in a regular sense, like the regular Tarakava). 
2. Rahi Nui (a combo model of Tarakava, Nui-Rama, Nui-Jaga, and Kane-Ra & Muaka). 
3. A bonus pack that contains 2001 versions of Takua, Kapura, Kotu, Nixie, Tamaru, Kopeke, and Taipu. 
4. Two Turaga Kaita (one for Vakama, Onewa, and Whenua, and one for Nokama, Matau, and Nuju). 
5. The Mata Nui Cow is made of Pohatu and Gali. Make the Mata Nui Cow look more brown, like Pohatu (the one who got is blue because of Gali). Also, use the other four Toa Mata to make four more different-colored cows, making six different color combinations in total. The horns, eyes, and these black pegs should be kept, though. 
6. The Dipaki is made of Pohatu and Turaga Onewa. Make the Dipaki have a brown head (Onewa’s head. Pohatu’s is gray). Same with Tahu and Vakama, Gali and Nokama, Lewa and Matau, Kopaka and Nuju, and Onua and Whenua, making 12 different color combinations. The legs should be kept, though. 
7. A Power Pack for 2001 Hahli due to her first appearing in a Bohrok Online Animation in 2002. 
8. Each of the Bohrok Kaita and Bohrok-Kal Kaita have their own shapes. Give each of the fusions four different shapes based on the others, making 16 different combinations. 
9. The Mata Nui Fishing Bird is made of Kohrak Va (white) and Nuhvok Va (black). Invert the colors. Do the same with the other four Bohrok Va, making 12 different combinations in totals. The claws and horns should be kept, though. 
10. The Infernika is made of Tahnok Va (red) and Pahrak Va (brown). Same as 9. 
11. The Pokawi is made of Lehvak Va (green) and Tahnok Va. Same as 9. 
12. The Hapaka is made of Gahlok Va (green) and Kohrak Va. Same as 9. 
13. The Ghekula is made of Gahlok and Lehvak. Invert the colors. Do the same with the other four Bohrok and the Bohrok-Kal, making 12 combinations in total. The Gahlok shields should be kept, though. For the Bohrok-Kal combinations, they would be called “Ghekula-Kal”. 
14. The Keras is made of Lehvak and Tahnok. Same as 13, and the Lehvak shields should be kept. For the Bohrok-Kal combinations, they would be called “Keras-Kal”. 
15. The Waikiru is made of Pahrak. Do the other five Bohrok and the Bohrok-Kal, making 12 combinations in total. The hands should be kept, though. For the Bohrok-Kal combinations, they would be called “Waikiru-Kal”. 
16. A bonus pack that contains 2003 versions of Kapura, Kotu, Nixie, Kongu, Tamaru, Matoro, Kopeka, Nuparu, Onepu, and Taipu. 
17. 2003 versions of the other 36 types of Rahkshi because their Kraata exist as set pieces. Since each Rahkshi set has 45 pieces, I would imagine putting 12 of the types in each box, and each of the 6 types would have the same staff head piece as the Rahkshi that is released, like how 2010 Rahkshi of Heat Vision has the same staff heads as the 2003 Guurahk. Their Rahkshi Kaita could look like the ones that already exist. Half of them would look like the three-headed Kaita, and the half would look like the rider-and-steed one. 
18. A set for Graalok the Ash Bear. 
19. A pack that has a set piece for the Mask of Light and Shadows, and one for movie Avohkii. 
20. A Kinloka is made of Nuhrii, Tehutti, and Ahkmou. Imagine it being made of the other 2004 Matoran sets. 
21. A Kavinika is made of Vhisola, Orkahm, and Ehrye. Imagine it being made of the other 2004 Matoran sets. 
22. A Kraawa is made of Nokama, Whenua, and Nuju. Imagine it being made of the other three Toa Metru. The weapons should be kept, though. 
23. A Krahli is made of Vakama, Onewa, and Matau. Imagine it being made of the other three Toa Metru. The weapons and eyes should be kept, though. 
24. A Matoran Kaita for Nuhrii, Tehutti, and Ahkmou, and one for Vhisola, Orkahm, and Ehrye. 
25. A Matoran Nui for all six 2004 Matoran sets. 
26. A Toa Kaita for Vakama, Onewa, and Whenua, and one for Nokama, Matau, and Nuju. 
27. Combine each Toa Metru with each 2004 Matoran set of the same color to make the Matoran form of the Toa Metru. 
28. A set for Krahka’s normal form. 
29. A Kraahu is made of a blue Vahki, white one, and brown one. Imagine it being made of the red, green, and black ones. Do six different head color combinations, too. 
30. A Kranua is made of a red Vahki, green one, and black one. Imagine it being made of the blue, white, and brown ones. Do six different head color combinations and add the transparent head pieces on them, too. 
31. A movie edition of 2004 Makuta Teridax, with detachable wings. 
32. A bonus pack that contains 2001 Turaga versions of Turaga Dume and Turaga Lhikan. 
33. A bonus pack that contains Mavrah and Ihu. 
34. A sponge figure for the Karzahni plant. 
35. The Colony Drone is made of Rahaga Norik, Iruini, and Bomonga. Imagine it being made of the other Rahaga sets. Do six different head color combinations, too. 
36. The Ice Vermin is made of Rahaga Gaaki, Pouks, and Kualus. Imagine it being made of the other Rahaga sets. Do six different head color combinations, too. 
37. It would be cool to have sets for Toa Hagah Gaaki, Pouks, Kualus, and Bomonga in 2005. Plus, a Toa Kaita for Norik, Pouks, and Bomonga, and one for Iruini, Gaaki, and Kualus. 
38. A bonus pack that contains Toa Tuyet and Toa Nidhiki. 
39. A bonus pack that contain Toa Dume. 
40. The Cable Crawler is made of Toa Hordika Vakama and Whenua. Invert the colors and replace the head piece. Same with the other four Toa Hordika, making 6 combinations in total. Keep the weapons, though. 
41. The Sea Spider is made of Toa Hordika Nokama and Nuju. Same as 38. 
42. The Rock Raptor is made of Toa Hordika Matau and Onewa. Same as 38. 
43. The Protocairn is made of Toa Hordika Vakama, Whenua, and Matau. Imagine it being made of the other Toa Hordika. Do six different head color combinations, too. 
44. The Frostelus is made of Toa Hordika Nokama, Nuju, and Onewa. Imagine it being made of the other Toa Hordika. Do six different head color combinations, too. 
45. The Kahgarak is made of the blue Visorak and the white one. Invert the colors and replace the head piece and mandibles. Same with the other four Visorak, making 6 combinations in total. Keep the vital parts for the construction, though. 
46. The Chute Lurker is made of the green Visorak and the brown one. Same as 44. 
47. The Gate Guardian is made of the red Visorak and the black one. Same as 44. 
48. The Venom Flyer is made of the blue, white, and brown Visorak. Imagine it being made of the other three Visorak. Do 6 different head combinations, too. 
49. The Parakrekks is made of the green, red, and black Visorak. Imagine it being made of the other three Visorak. Do 6 different head combinations, too. 
50. A bonus pack that contains Lariska, Triglax, and the Recorder. 
51. Irnakk is made of Vezok, Reidak, and Thok. Imagine him being made of the other three Piraka sets. I don’t know about the three-clawed foot pieces, but I think the ones on the torso can be replaced with the two-web-toed foot pieces, right? Skakdi may have their own ways to describe Irnakk since Irnakk is a mythological character in their beliefs. 
52. A Protodax is made of Haktann, Zaktan, and Avak. Imagine it being made of the other three Piraka sets. 
53. A combo model being made of Toa Inika Jaller, Kongu, and Matoro. That mode would be a Toa of Plasma who is built in the same way as Jovan. He would be armed with a Plasma Bolt Launcher. 
54. A Toa Kaita for Toa Inika Jaller, Hewkii, and Nuparu, and one for Matoro, Kongu, and Hahli. 
55. A bonus pack that contains Vezon’s head without the Mask of Life fused to it. Plus, the Bionicle Heroes version of the Mask of Life. 
56. A bonus pack that contains the Barraki’s normal forms. 
57. A bonus pack that contains the Piraka’s mutated forms. 
58. Brutaka’s mutated form. 
59. Karzahni’s normal form. 
60. A bonus pack that contain the a member of each of the Barraki’s army. 
61. A Toa Kaita for Toa Mahri Jaller, Hewkii, and Nuparu, and one for Matoro, Kongu, and Hahli. 
62. A bonus of pack that has Nuparu’s Aqua Blaster Blade (without that 2008 shield piece) and Toa Mahri Kongu’s melee weapon that he discarded.
63. The Anicent Sea Behemoth (somehow) 
64. The Mistika warriors’ own Matoran partners in a bonus pack.
65. A bonus pack for the normal forms of the Shadow Matoran that we know. 
66. A pack with Phantoka equipment for the Mistika Toa, and Mistika equipment for the Phantoka Toa. 
67. A pack that contains pilot versions of Kopaka, Tahu, Gali, and Onua. 
68. 2008 Akamai (Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua), and 2008 Wairuha (Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali). 
69. A gold version of 2008 Takanuva. 
70. A yellow version of the Destral Cycle. 
71. A bonus pack for Jerbraz (before being permanently invisible), Tobduk, and Johmak. 
72. Tren Krom (somehow). 
73. A bonus pack that contains Makuta Tridax, Makuta Kojol, and the Makuta of Stelt. Or, combo models for them somehow (mostly Kojol and the Makuta of Stelt on that one because Tridax wears purple armor).  
74. The leader of the Sisters of the Skrall. 
75. A Baterra. 
76. A Skopio (as in the animal, not the vehicle). 
77. A bonus pack that have 2009-canister-sized versions of the Bionicle Stars sets in 2010. 
78. Varian. 
79. A bonus pack that contains Orde, Zaria, and Chiara. Plus, one for a female Toa of Psionics, Toa of Lightning, Toa Magnetism, Toa of Plant Life, Toa of Sonics, Toa of Plasma, Toa of Gravity, and Toa of Iron. Same would go to the Matoran, Turaga, and Skakdi of such elements. 
80. Kabrua (the Vorox). 
81. Marendar. 
82. The Golden-Skinned Being (somehow). 
83. Annona (somehow). 
84. A Kestora. 
85. A bio-mechanical reptile from Bota Magna. 
86. A Great Being or two, like Angonce and/or the evil Great Being who pretended to be Velika, in his original body. 
87. A combo set for 2015 Lewa and the Protector of Jungle (as in actual combining into a single entity, not Lewa getting the Protector’s weapons and armor). Same with Pohatu and the Protector of Stone. Some with Gali and the Protector of Water. Same with Onua and the Protector of Earth (with the instructions shown). 
88. G2’s Akamai in 2015 form (Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua), and G2’s Wairuha in 2015 form (Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali). 
86. 2015 Tahu’s own Skull foe with a drained version of his Golden mask. Same with 2015 Gali’s. Kulta is not Tahu’s Skull foe. A Combo model for the two Skull foes. 
89. Axato. 
90. A bonus pack for the Ice Shadow Trap (I heard that was planned, but never came to fruition for some reason). 
91. Akamai in 2016 form (Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua), and Wairuha in 2016 forms (Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali, but without Melum in the construction). 
92. A combo model for 2016 Lewa and 2016 Onua. 
93. A combo model for Ikir, Ketar, and Akida. One for Uxar and Terak. 
94. An Elemental Beast with Lewa’s poisoned mask. Same with an Elemental Beast with Pohatu’s poisoned mask and one with Gali’s poisoned mask. A combo model for the Beasts. 
95. Mask Maker Makuta (as a combo model, with Ekimu, 2015 Tahu, and certain G2 purple sets). 
96. Makuta’s Shadow Titan form in G2 (as a separate sets, not the combo model). Including the Mask of Ultimate Power. 
97. A bonus pack with the G2 Mask of Time. 

So, there. I know it’s a lot, but these could have been cool additions. It’s basically consistency. Lego could have told people to do the different color combinations by using the instructions on the other “clone” sets. A lot of wasted potential. I wish Lego could have focused on Bionicle more. However, there are probably budget problems and all. Of course, we did have canonization contests. Would have been nice if we could do more to expand the the stuff in some ways.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot the word “probably” in the last paragraph.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

22 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

9. The Mata Nui Fishing Bird is made of Kohrak Va (white) and Nuhvok Va (black). Invert the colors. Do the same with the other four Bohrok Va, making 12 different combinations in totals. The claws and horns should be kept, though. 
10. The Infernika is made of Tahnok Va (red) and Pahrak Va (brown). Same as 9. 
11. The Pokawi is made of Lehvak Va (green) and Tahnok Va. Same as 9. 
12. The Hapaka is made of Gahlok Va (green) and Kohrak Va. Same as 9. 
13. The Ghekula is made of Gahlok and Lehvak. Invert the colors. Do the same with the other four Bohrok and the Bohrok-Kal, making 12 combinations in total. The Gahlok shields should be kept, though. For the Bohrok-Kal combinations, they would be called “Ghekula-Kal”. 
14. The Keras is made of Lehvak and Tahnok. Same as 13, and the Lehvak shields should be kept. For the Bohrok-Kal combinations, they would be called “Keras-Kal”. 
15. The Waikiru is made of Pahrak. Do the other five Bohrok and the Bohrok-Kal, making 12 combinations in total. The hands should be kept, though. For the Bohrok-Kal combinations, they would be called “Waikiru-Kal”. 

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that these combo models "should" exist. You've described pretty much exactly what they would look like. The only sense in which they don't already "exist" conceptually is that Lego didn't actively create promotional artwork or instructions for them. Is that all you are saying Lego should have done differently, in the case of these Bohrok and Bohrok Va alternates?

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I do think there are a few missed opportunities, a few I disagree with though in OP's list.

One I do agree with certainly, is the lack of any proper G2 Makuta set. The combiner model we got while cool, is expensive and flimsy. Even a plain "Mask Maker" version with the Mask of Ultimate Power would have been nice, even if the bigger titan was still a combiner model only; since at least it would be an easy way to have gotten Makuta in "plastic" in G2. I would have loved to have seen what was planned for Bionicle 2017, period. 

One I disagree with is the Sand Tarakava. Most evidence backs up now that it was not a unique "Sand Tarakava" retail set prototype, but just a prototype of the final Tarakava before the colors were finalized; so in all ways we DID get the Tarakava as a set. I like that the yellow sand version was made canon via Greg, and that we can Bricklink most of the yellow parts as fans; but the model had its roots in the Tarakava set we did get. 

Another set I wish we got, more mask packs! Collectibles really fell in quality in Bionicle and its a shame we never got a 2004 mask pack with either the Metru masks or the 2001 Noble Masks in Metru color blends; or even G2 Mask Packs in 2015 (if a full set of masks in all six colors was to much in 2015; even just some alternative colors like silver or gunmetal masks to chase would have been a nice variety from the gold masks). Bionicle collectibles are a sad story of genius start (Kanohi), rapid inflation and consumer overwhelming through overly broad lines (Krana and Kraata), fun but simple (Kanoka) and then finally increasingly absurd descents into being glorified ammo boxes (squid ammo box); and is something Bionicle really fumbled during its run. 

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 3

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 2:52 AM, Xboxtravis said:

I do think there are a few missed opportunities, a few I disagree with though in OP's list.

One I do agree with certainly, is the lack of any proper G2 Makuta set. The combiner model we got while cool, is expensive and flimsy. Even a plain "Mask Maker" version with the Mask of Ultimate Power would have been nice, even if the bigger titan was still a combiner model only; since at least it would be an easy way to have gotten Makuta in "plastic" in G2. I would have loved to have seen what was planned for Bionicle 2017, period.

Yeah not getting the Makuta of Okoto villain and only being able to build him as a mask maker size or his combiner. You would need online guides, a bare minimum of the needed sets, instructions and for the combiner you need a custom 3D printed version of Mask of Ultimate Power.

The gold Mask of Control from Umarak the Destroyer would be puny on the combiner

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 3:09 PM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

Yeah not getting the Makuta of Okoto villain and only being able to build him as a mask maker size or his combiner. You would need online guides, a bare minimum of the needed sets, instructions and for the combiner you need a custom 3D printed version of Mask of Ultimate Power.

Yeah I built the Netflix model (sans the 3D printed mask) and while it was impressive to hold, it was a pain to disassemble so many G2 sets just to get that one character. I would need to buy a ton of parts to have on hand to be able to make it without breaking down other sets, and it really diminishes the appeal of having Makuta built all the time. 

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!