Is hero factory part of the bionicle timeline?

It would be fundamentally useless from a narrative standpoint. If it's so far in the future that no one remembers, and it doesn't affect the plot or setting, there's no purpose. Making a connection to serve no purpose adds nothing to either world, in my opinion.

• Like 3

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Short anwer is no.

Long answer is yes, if you really want it to.

Basically, it was not meant to be in any official way.

At this point, it's your own choice to integrate it or not. I honesty think that forcing the Hero Factory Storyline into the Bionicle Storyline is kind of limiting the narrative here. I prefer to imagine my own version of Bionicle's past and future. However, if you like the idea of mixing these two universes, than go ahead. Whatever suits your boat. However, I don't think there will ever be an official statement from Lego or the authors of these series regarding that. It's one of these questions better left unanswered because it fuels our own imagination and freedom to make things play out as we think they would/should. That is the whole idea behind Lego as well. Be creative and build your own universe.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Starset said:

I honesty think that forcing the Hero Factory Storyline into the Bionicle Storyline is kind of limiting the narrative here.

Absolutely agreed.

The whole of Bionicle is a 100,000 year narrative about repairing one broken planet. And while there were vague mentions of Mata Nui observing other worlds and civilisations, there's nothing to suggest that anything he encountered was technologically advanced in any way (certainly not advanced enough to notice a giant robot landing on their planets). 

To retroactively say that the entire Bionicle storyline actually unfolded in a universe that is densely inhabited by other advanced civilisations, where humans and aliens exist, and robot police travel from planet to planet with ease, makes the whole Bionicle story feel weirdly small and inconsequential, and a lot less unique. 

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2023 at 1:11 AM, Nato G said:

Absolutely agreed.

The whole of Bionicle is a 100,000 year narrative about repairing one broken planet. And while there were vague mentions of Mata Nui observing other worlds and civilisations, there's nothing to suggest that anything he encountered was technologically advanced in any way (certainly not advanced enough to notice a giant robot landing on their planets). 

To retroactively say that the entire Bionicle storyline actually unfolded in a universe that is densely inhabited by other advanced civilisations, where humans and aliens exist, and robot police travel from planet to planet with ease, makes the whole Bionicle story feel weirdly small and inconsequential, and a lot less unique. 

Lol, I hate to say it but that would be the funniest and most memorable take of Bionicle and G1 being set in the same universe. If Spherus Magna and the Great Beings are just these primitive cavemen compared to everyone else.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

No. It's a completely different story. You're welcome to make up your own convoluted connections, as long as you're aware that it's crossover fanfiction.

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.