What Other Hobbies Do You Enjoy?

We all have one thing in common, being our enjoyment of Bionicle. I’d love to get to know some of you better, and hear your other interests. My main hobby is making video essays- which can be a blast, but equally tiring at times. My favorite part of that is making the thumbnails, because I draw them in MS Paint. It gives me a reason and motivation to actually express my artistic side more. I also quite enjoy playing video games, as I’m sure most people do, and I’ve recently gotten into playing my 3DS more. What do you all enjoy doing outside of the Lego space? 

• Like 1

I enjoy reading, writing, studying world history, and chess. I have always wanted to make video essays but I just do not have the discipline. I settle for making poorly-edited TikToks.

I enjoy nostalgic cartoons. The one I have most recently gotten back into is Code Lyoko.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Cool to hear more about peoples' creativity and intellect :)

As for me, I was recently introduced to Baldur's Gate 3, and because I have very little ability to self-moderate when it comes to video games, have just completed my 4th play through. I think I'm done for a while now 😅

Besides that, I enjoy:

• Trying out new recipes (I've found Binging with Babish on YT to be great fun)
  • My kitten plays fetch! We try to do that for a stretch every day! 
  • I do enjoy reading, and after I finish the Ender's Game saga, I really want to tackle more of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere universe. 
  • Dabble in knitting, comes and goes in waves. Simple but functional things like sweaters, hats, a few scarves, and fingerless gloves, maybe mittens. I have no patience for knitting individual fingers. 
  • Enjoy board games and card games, although most of the game time has recently been taken up by DnD campaigns with friends/family, which is also fun and very immersive. 

• Like 2

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

11 hours ago, Master Inika said:

I have always wanted to make video essays but I just do not have the discipline. I settle for making poorly-edited TikToks.

I enjoy nostalgic cartoons. The one I have most recently gotten back into is Code Lyoko.

I highly recommend at least trying it out, it can be somewhat therapeutic. It doesn’t require much discipline either from my experience, the most I ever have to do is get myself to actually do them since I’m sticking to a schedule. Cartoons are a blast, I’ve been binging shows I wasn’t able to watch when I was younger, like Adventure Time or Over the Garden Wall. Right now I’m watching Regular Show. 

3 hours ago, Aderia said:
  • Trying out new recipes (I've found Binging with Babish on YT to be great fun)
  • I do enjoy reading, and after I finish the Ender's Game saga, I really want to tackle more of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere universe.  

I watched Binging with Babish for a little while, very fun! I never have the energy to cook, so can’t say I’ve tried any of their recipes. Whenever I’m looking to watch something food related nowadays, my go to-s are Ericsurf6 and Food Theory. I’ve kind of wanted to get back into reading, but it feels like a chore when I do. If I ever end up reading anything I’m doing a deep dive into some random show’s lore on wiki 😂 honestly ridiculously solid hobbies/pastimes you got there. I’ve really been needing to diversify what I do each day.

• Like 2

I enjoy reading, watching YouTube, listening to music, and playing games. My music listening tastes are getting deeper towards Essenger, Cryoshell, The All-American Rejects, and Daughtry. I also enjoy the Bionicle movie trilogy, which a lot of people know about, and also Zoids, which you might not have heard of.

Edited by PortalPuppy31
  • Like 1

Lately (as in since December lol) I've been getting back into reading, though I've only been reading Star Wars novels. I'm slowly making my way through the post-ROTJ EW books. So far, I'd have to say my favorites have been the Thrawn trilogy and The Truce at Bakura.

Some other things I'm into are obviously Star Wars, anime (although I haven't been watching it much lately), hockey, some light gaming, and music. Pretty much all I listen to is metal. I also play bass and a little guitar, however I'm not too good at either lol. I'd like to start posting covers online someday, once I work up enough courage and skill.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PortalPuppy31 said:

My music listening tastes are getting deeper towards Essenger, Cryoshell, The All-American Rejects, and Daughtry. I also enjoy the Bionicle movie trilogy, which a lot of people know about, and also Zoids, which you might not have heard of.

I listen to 80s/90s rock/pop for the most part. Love some more classic tunes like Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass as well, though. The Bionicle movies are alright, I enjoyed watching them but there are plenty of other things I’d rather watch.

2 hours ago, Bambi said:

Lately (as in since December lol) I've been getting back into reading, though I've only been reading Star Wars novels. I'm slowly making my way through the post-ROTJ EW books. So far, I'd have to say my favorites have been the Thrawn trilogy and The Truce at Bakura.

Some other things I'm into are obviously Star Wars, anime (although I haven't been watching it much lately), hockey, some light gaming, and music. Pretty much all I listen to is metal. I also play bass and a little guitar, however I'm not too good at either lol. I'd like to start posting covers online someday, once I work up enough courage and skill.

I used to really enjoy the Star Wars books, I remember in particular enjoying The Force Unleashed. I’m not really into Star Wars anymore, though. I’m not super into sports either, but I’ve got a buddy who I enjoy watching hockey and soccer with every once in awhile. I’ve had a guitar for years, but never learned to play. It’s something I’ve been meaning to make time for.

• Like 1

Ooh, such fun to hear of others’ endeavors! Thanks for starting this! 

As for me, not much new except one or two things- the new favorite hobby being eating-eating nearly every glorious day! With my family! So grateful! And the other new one(s) being housekeeping/laundry/cleaning the new big home (which my mom did entirely before in our old home life, and for which we all hugely owe her! ). I have only accidentally laundered one (1) highly valuable non washable heirloom item so far-it survived! 😆 Learning to do from wheelchair involves lots of rolling carts for dish &  clothes drawer delivery, haha! It takes at least three swag wagons and magically transforming my wheelchair into a snail speed cleaning cart 😂) and learning to cook from a wheelchair instead of in tall chairs like prior years-after dragging drills about the kitchen for months on end trying to set up a disabled kitchen from stuff I found in the basement. Terribly happy with it though outsider may laugh. So much easier than the struggle of my former card-table countertop!

And just the same old dear hobby things I always obsess over gleefully! 
My true love-drawing, pencil portraits.

-Painting acrylics over rough sketches occasionally, but I count the hours and am a shocking snailspeed indeed! 

-Sewing! By hand and machine, though machine sewing has become more challenging with limited mobility. Grateful to say my footpedal broke, leading to the discovery of the push-to-start sew button!

-Cooking and baking! Figuring out family dinner serving with nutrition calculations (medically complex situation) and how to pack work brunch bag plates for my mom effectively.  And now actually being allowed to eat some of the extra yummy things (!CARBS!❤️) has made it much more fun! 

-Photography if that counts, from an old shattered iPhone ? 😂

-Blogging here, hopefully again regularly, if life and the site staff allow me! 

-Decorating! Making lots of seasonal misfit decors for my mom’s new home. 

I am basically illiterate when it comes to book reading, at this point-with inability to focus (and prior major struggle), so sometimes listen to audiobooks in between mostly mindless music box covers while creating things. Happy to hear historical/classic children’s books or religious readings. I struggle to choose listen content, not knowing what exists.

I find actively watching TV/video things without using the hands intolerable, but have a soft spot for a few fine fantasy films. Thanks to my birthday, brother’s visit and free trials, tis a grand week of Studio Ghibli novelties! Incredibly grateful! 

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
  • Like 3

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi