Kid Icarus Uprising

Blank0000

They have lefty options, but when I get the touchscreen to the right sensitivity settings (really high), the games get a bit twitchy. Buttons work fantastic, don't know why they didn't include them. I personally think Sin & Punishment was much more intense (at least, it seems that way), and analog controls were fine.

Edited by Terminus

I read a few hours ago that the game supports no-touch controls.It was added...?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Yep, I'll hopefully be able to pick it up when I go to Nintendo World in New York City next month, I'd preorder it, but Xenonlade Chronicles comes out in two weeks, and I really want to preorder that instead. Anyways, the Kid Icarus preorder bonus game is either $6-7 on the eShop.And I just read a review of the game, got an 8.5. And although there is no dual-analog option, someone mentioned that you can use the Thumbstrap that came with the original DS so long ago, you can also get them cheap online. I've tried using it with some 3DS games, and it works great.

Edited by Terminus

Welp, KI: U reviews are kinda all over the board. It's gotten as low as a 5 and as high as 9.5. Still getting it though.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I think some of those reviews might be from people who either hate some aspect of the game so much that they can't imagine it being good; or just not being able to truly take a chance on the revival. I'm still getting it too, especially with the new update that's bundled with it.

The controversy is mostly focused on the control scheme. It looks like that'll make or break the game for each individual.Honestly, I've been worried about the ground controls snce the start. There ARE better ways to play than what most closely resembles an old PC FPS in third person form.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Hatok: I personally believe I will enjoy it with at the very least the stylus control. But even still, there's apparently a secondary control scheme, using the face buttons(Is it too much to hope that it'll include dual analog, since we know there's CPP support, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to code a second option, though obviously not now. =P)... Even if it's not the most preferential control scheme, peace Walker should show that it's usable. Annoying, maybe, but usable.Tilius: Eh, they're the ones who miss out on a good game, then. =P Long as they don't stop people who'd otherwise enjoy the game from getting it, I have no objection to giving it any score under the sun. =)There's apparently a new update for the 3DS firmware bundled with the game, much like the SM3DL update. I have no doubts that it'll itself be bundled with another future update, since all the stuff included would be a killer to the system if it wasn't released outside of this.

1. True, though I do know of a few people who base their purchases almost entirely on reviews. =P2. That's very true as well. =P Unless, of course, it was an unbiased source, which would mean it's good even still... But, to us, it shouldn't truly matter, unless the flaws stated are obviously glaringly bad(Like, say, a game breaking glitch or something, that's literally game breaking.)3. Yeah. They added the other one into the huge update of late last year that gave us the new stuff like the video recording, so they might do it again.../EDIT: *looks again* Hmm. Maybe what i read last night was wrong... We'll find out tomorrow, seemingly. =P Something I'm intrigued about, though..."This update will add the application "Nintendo Network" to the 3DS" I wonder why it calls it an application...?

Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

Beninator: Not with Nintendo Network precisely, but a 3Ds firmware update. It's said to speed up the system and make it more secure, along with allowing the eShop to be used online, and also some more eShop features, and apparently a Nintendo network application or something. Maybe that's how the accounts will work? *Shrugs* I'm just repeating what I heard. Could be false, but half those features(The eShop stuff, at least) has been confirmed for a future update since before the last major update.

Well, the game's box says "Nintendo Network," but I don't see any difference besides non-laggy online play. :P I think the Wii U was going to have the more comprehensive online features. Or maybe the inevitableAlso, the control "problems" are waaaaay less extreme than some reviews made them seem. I mean, they're a tad awkward for aiming on the ground, but anyone who says this game will hurt your hands needs to man up. I do wish they had included a button for snapping the camera behind you, a la Zelda, but I usually slide the screen gently enough that it's not much of a problem. And I'm left handed! I should be having more problems than anyone else, for crying out loud.The only big complaint I have is that sometimes the game gets hectic enough that it's a bit hard to tell what's going on (this became much more of a problem when I tested out multiplayer). Other than that though, this is a really good game. The flight segments are pretty epic, and the graphics are great. The on-land segments are a bit dull thus far, but the boss fights are pretty cool and I'm only on like mission 5.

No communities, sadly. Missed oportunity there. It's actually not multiplayer, it's "Together." =P There's Random Matchup and With Friends. I think the multiplayer component was probably a later addition to the game, it felt like it could have been fleshed out a bit more from my limited experience.

Spotpass is already giving out weapons. :PI think this game is much too complete already to get DLC, frankly.

Prepare for a major gush.HOLY COW THIS IS THE BEST 3DS GAME EVER! THE GRAPHICS, STORY, CAST AND EVERYTHING ARE FREAKIN AWESOME! THERE ARE GUN BLADES, AWSOME VEHICLES, AND FINALLY A CHARACTER I CAN RELATE TO!!!!!!Sorry I just had to gush there, well I have a character i dress up as for halloween or cosplay.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

The camera controls aren't as bad as they're made out to be, but issues definitely start to crop up later in the game. I'm surprised they didn't think to include a function for turning the camera behind, like in, uh, every 3D Zelda game. =P Would have helped.What's everyone's favorite weapon thus far? I have a set of Tiger Claws that I like, but I recently got a really cool Ninja Palm as well. The ranged attack on the Ninja Palm fires kunai knives. :D

Ddude: Well, there kinda wasn't any real room. The only way it would've worked, is if they had've mapped it to the up D-Pad button. ... Though, this is coming from someone who's only seen gameplay videos and played Bionicle Heroes, so... =PI really want this game, but with a lack of money and still not having even beaten Tales of the Abyss(138 or so hours and counting), I pretty much can't get it. =/

The bullet blade or whatever its called.I love guns and swords and combining them into a mthological game and giving the weapon a steampunk feel is awesome!!!!!!!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Getting it in a little over 3 weeks, going to attempt to beat most of my unfinished games before then... I have 18 to go through, a lot of them have under 5 hours left, and I want them all done so I'll be able to focus on Kid Icarus and Xenoblade, haven't had an entire collection of finished games since... Ever, really. And I've been hearing there's quite a lot to do in KI:U.

Getting it in a little over 3 weeks, going to attempt to beat most of my unfinished games before then... I have 18 to go through, a lot of them have under 5 hours left, and I want them all done so I'll be able to focus on Kid Icarus and Xenoblade, haven't had an entire collection of finished games since... Ever, really. And I've been hearing there's quite a lot to do in KI:U.

I've been having this " unfinished game" problem too, for quite a while >_> I have a stack of 12 Wii games ALONE that I need to 100%. I'm backlogged on DS fames too...

*Raises hand about the unfinished game problem* I think I've finished one game since I got the 3DS. ._.;

I think I've 100%ed one game since I was BORN. :P That would be Super Mario 3D Land. Although to be fair, I didn't even care about 100%ing games until about 18 months ago. (And I'm 20 green stars away from 100%ing Super Mario Galaxy 2 :P)But anywayBACK TO ZEE REGULARLY SCHEDULED TOPICThis game is really impressing me with weapons. Also, fair warning: there are waaaay more achievements in the game than you initially think.

The system was pretty much copypasta'd out of Brawl. Functionally identical. :P

That doesn't make me feel much better. =PAlso:>=( Even Reggie's taunting me with this; his Mii has 'recent titles played' as KI: U. *Mutters* Good advertising, but it still isn't fun for me. =P Ah well, I might get lucky... Eventually. =P

Well, I think that the Nintendo Network might be able to help there... And while it's not 100% needed, it would be nice to actually have proof that I've 100% completed something, unless the rest of the time, when it's simply implied.One thing, though, once they add that, there's no going back. And that means Pokemon will never be the same. It will never be able to be 100% completed, because you know deep in the bottom of your heart, that that '100 streak in the battle tower' will haunt you for the rest of your days, always unfulfilled.=P

100% completion can be torture.I've gotten every trophy in 1 PS3 game since I got my PS3 (it was in inFamous: Festival of Blood, and that took about 3 hours), and most of my games are 60-80% even though I've beaten most of them (Arcana Heart 3's Combo/Online trophies are insane, and completion of Final Fantasy XIII will most likely take another couple hundred hours, even though I've beaten the final boss, and I'll also have to restart the game.). However, it's a good way to keep track of games, and helps you get a sense of how far you are into a game. I really hope an achievement system is implemented sometime soon, hopefully by the time the WiiU launches, sounds like KI:U is a good sign for things to come.

I beat Story Mode already. :P Pretty good. I'll bring up a spoiler tag.WARNINGMAJOR STORYLINE SPOILERS BELOW

The game rocks. I enjoyed it all up to the end. The final boss was epic.. seriously.. A SACRED TREASURE TO PILOT. Quite ironic how Medusa saved Pit's life.. xD360 achievements.. o_oApparently there are weapons called the Palutena Blade and the Palutena Bow... I got 'Idols' of them.Difficulty on level nine of the Fiend's Cauldron is brutal... I haven't even beat the first level on it. D:Of course.. I probably could if I tried now.. :P I especially loved Dark Pit. For some reason I like the character quite a bit, even though the name isn't very... Creative...It was interesting getting to be him.. and Pit saving his life..

~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner