Is Destiny Gone?/ Do Toa Have To Become Turaga Any More?

Wow, two topics in the same night?I was just wondering, since the MU is destroyed and Mata Nui no longer has soveriegn control over the former inhabitants, do Toa have set Destinies any more?It's appearent that Mata Nui had manipulated the destinies of Toa in the same way he had control over how they were created. The last documented case of Toa becoming Turaga were the Toa Metru, who Mata Nui had planned for them to save the Matoran. All the other Toa have remained Toa even after achieving their appearent destinies like the Mahri and Nuva. They should be Turaga by now.The Nuva were made specifically to be emergency back up Toa if Mata Nui were to have something catastrophic happen, but now Mata Nui's body is gone and everything is at peace, so they should be Turaga by now.The Mahri were created by the red star to save the Mata Nui from dying, but they saved him, and he's gone, meaning they should also be Turaga.In fact, since the entire MU is shut down, haven't all Toa achieved their ultimate destinies? To see Mata Nui achieve his mission, so shouldn't all Toa be Turaga's?I think it's rather obvious that Mata Nui set the destinies into the Toa when they are created, but as he fell deeper into sleep, he lost control of setting destinies which means he could make the Toa Metru become Turaga because he had it set into them, but had no control over the Mahri to make them Turaga once their destiny was complete.my final question is, if my theory is correct, and since the MU is shut down, does destiny apply any longer?

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

If the Toa acheives his or destiny, he or she can become a Turaga. If a Toa has not acheived his or her destiny yet, he or she cannot become a Turaga. That doesn't mean that a destiny-completed Toa will turn Turaga right away. They might have another destiny different from that one that requires them not to become a Turaga. Becoming a Turaga is a personal choice. Does destiny still exist? Yes, but it isn't determined by Mata Nui. He's pretty much turned them loose to find their own fate.

I feel like they still have destinies, but they're not as binding as the ones they had in the MU. More like Duties, I guess.And becoming a Turaga is a choice for a Toa, they don't have to become Turaga if they don't want to.

Which is pretty much the same thing as what I said. You have to consider that the Unity Duty Destiny wasn't originally a set of morals, more like how Matoran were to operate. Unity referred to the fact they could do more work together than alone, Duty meant that they had to do their work. And Destiny was what their final job that they had to work to. And they've worked to their final purpose, reuniting Spherus Magna Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

People have been wondering if destiny still works outside the MU, not to get to much into my philosophy, but I believe that destiny is universal for MUians ; anything sapient has a destiny. As of now Mata Nui does not appear to be manipulating any destinies now

Edited by {Con Quy}

Since destiny has been so central to Bionicle, and so enjoyable at times (Teridax especially), I like to think it's still around, and here's a theory to sum up how it could be:IF my cyberclay theory is right about protodermis, and destiny is an adaptive program running in every molecule as a collective, then while in the MU a lot of it would run without Mata Nui needing to guide it. Probably the program would offer up difficult questions to him. NOTE that there is some evidence that it is adaptive for sure, including things Greg has said, and this doesn't seem to depend on Mata Nui. Also, over time, if it's adaptive, it could get better at it and not need to ask Mata Nui questions anymore.Thus while he was asleep destiny may have run totally on its own.Now that they're outside the MU, they're still made of protodermis, so among protodermic beings destiny should still be able to run if my theory above is correct. It would simply not be able to ask Mata Nui to help in difficult cases anymore. It might also not need to anymore. In fact it's probably a lot better at its job than he ever was now.Also, the cyberclay theory includes a power in each molecule to scan surroundings, and this could enable destiny to work with even the non-protodermic beings, although it likely couldn't assign them specific destinies but as long as they're near a protodermic being destiny could still relate to them indirectly. (A Toa could be destined to help a group of Agori for example.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Does destiny still exist? Yes, but it isn't determined by Mata Nui. He's pretty much turned them loose to find their own fate.

Source?

I think perhaps this is not the time for me to walk among you. You have a new life to build. My destiny is fulfilled, but for many of you it has yet to be written. You need to find your path without my shadow hanging over you.

12) Mata Nui assigns the destiny of those beings created in the MU.

Who decides the destiny of beings outside of the MU?

5) Not something we get into, since it treads on religious ground.

We know that the GB planned for everything, even interaction between the MU inhabitants and the Agori. This is shown from the serials that have been released, along with the "Toa Killer" beast, ways to counter act Toa-power just in case they became a threat.Even Toa Krakua has a destiny about defending an island fortress, and that is looking like its on Spherus Magna with the GB fortress in developing plotlines.I think the GBs planned for everything, in a sense, and they may share a common coding/guiding software that can adjust to drastic events (or the red star does something)

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Even Toa Krakua has a destiny about defending an island fortress, and that is looking like its on Spherus Magna with the GB fortress in developing plotlines.

That's not on an island though, if I may nitpick. :P Also, I'm probably wrong about this, but I was under the impression that referred to something in 2008 story, such as Daxia perhaps. Never really looked into it though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I feel like they still have destinies, but they're not as binding as the ones they had in the MU. More like Duties, I guess. And becoming a Turaga is a choice for a Toa, they don't have to become Turaga if they don't want to.

Turaga look really dumb in the movies. The way the made those masks, who would want to be a turaga?

DevBannerwithInterests.png

I feel like they still have destinies, but they're not as binding as the ones they had in the MU. More like Duties, I guess.And becoming a Turaga is a choice for a Toa, they don't have to become Turaga if they don't want to.

Turaga look really dumb in the movies. The way the made those masks, who would want to be a turaga?
With becoming a Turaga comes wiseness and respect from the Toa and Matoran, as well as experience.

With becoming a Turaga comes wiseness and respect from the Toa and Matoran, as well as experience.
Surely Toa have that already? Being a Turaga doesn't change your head, it just means your set costs a lot less.- Tilius
I feel like becoming a Turaga is like becoming the elder who knows all the legends and stories of the past and knows what everything is from their travels as Toa, like how the Turaga knew who the Bohrok were. If the Nuva or Mahri were to become Turaga in a few thousand years, they can say that they have met Mata Nui in person, and all the Matoran will be amazed. "Omgs, they met the Great Spirit!"

I have no idea why you think they look dumb, or why they would base decisions like that on such trivial things. :P I think they all look cool as elders.But anywho, the main reason someone would want to become a Turaga would be to use their Toa energy to accomplish something. Usually, like Lhikan, to make six new Toa. Or possibly some other things like the Toa Metru waking up the Matoran.

I feel like they still have destinies, but they're not as binding as the ones they had in the MU. More like Duties, I guess. And becoming a Turaga is a choice for a Toa, they don't have to become Turaga if they don't want to.

I have no idea why you think they look dumb, or why they would base decisions like that on such trivial things. :P I think they all look cool as elders. But anywho, the main reason someone would want to become a Turaga would be to use their Toa energy to accomplish something. Usually, like Lhikan, to make six new Toa. Or possibly some other things like the Toa Metru waking up the Matoran.

Surely Toa have that already? Being a Turaga doesn't change your head, it just means your set costs a lot less. - Tilius
I feel like becoming a Turaga is like becoming the elder who knows all the legends and stories of the past and knows what everything is from their travels as Toa, like how the Turaga knew who the Bohrok were. If the Nuva or Mahri were to become Turaga in a few thousand years, they can say that they have met Mata Nui in person, and all the Matoran will be amazed. "Omg, they met the Great Spirit!"
And them being Turaga would have nothing to do with that. They'd get the same reaction if they were still Toa. - Tilius
What Bonesii said also. XD