Skakdi Hordika

Alright less than a minute ago i had a thought regarding skakdi and hordika venom.My idea is what if a skakdi is injected with hordika venom? I think that since a skakdi already has a semi barbaric and savage nature that the hordika venom would affect them in an accelerated pace since one of the side effects of the venom is to cause bestial behavoir and thinking into the victim. reason i bring this up is because if you remember after Spiriah finished his experimentation on the skakdi he left some visorak there yet when he returned all the visorak had been killed/destroyed. With that information i would assume there was at least a fight between the skakdi and visorak and i think there must have been at least one skakdi who would have been injected with hordika venom most likely through the fangs/pincers of a visorak since i don't think the visorak would have the time to create the cocoons like they did with the toa metru.so here is the short version of my question: Would a skakdi injected with hordika venom progress into a full hordika faster than a toa or vortixx for example?so yeah let me know your opinions on my theory.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It's an interesting thought, it's possible the Skakdi are simply immune to the venom, being so bestial already. The transformation speed comes down to strength of will and morals though, so assuming the venom would affect them then it probably would act quicker. This isn't necessarily to do with the species though, a weakminded Toa of poor conscience would probably fall faster than someone like Zaktan, although he might be immune to the venom simply due to protodites. But that's another topic I guess.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It's possible, seeing as Hordika venom affects both Matoran-Toa-Turaga and Rahi. The conflict you mention was probably a complete victory for the Skakdi. Remember, each one of them had a vision power, elemental power, another special ability, and most likely a weapon.

I think the Skakdi eliminated the visorak: they weren't there when Spiriah returned. It is possible that he had used hordika venom in mutating them originally: I think it was one of the various substances used to mutate Voporak. Maybe the Brotherhood had something that would allow the hordika to give the mutated being power and aggression, without making them crazy animals.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I think the Skakdi eliminated the visorak: they weren't there when Spiriah returned. It is possible that he had used hordika venom in mutating them originally: I think it was one of the various substances used to mutate Voporak. Maybe the Brotherhood had something that would allow the hordika to give the mutated being power and aggression, without making them crazy animals.

i understand the visorak were already gone and destroyed when spiriah came back i'm saying there must have been some kind of struggle because i don't think the visorak would go down without a fight and i bet at least on skakdi was bitten.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OK, here's my take on this: On the main level, a Skakdi would progress through its mutations no quicker than a member of a different sapient species. However, succumbing to the venom is often characterized by fits of rage, so I could envision a preexisting fit of rage to similarly catalyse further mutations. Therefore, a Skakdi would have reached a final level of mutation quicker than a member of another species in the end, but only through accelerated mutations during their periods of rage, not due to a generic predisposition to mutate faster just because they are also prone to raging.Then again, I liked Tilius' explanation when I read it. So I could see that as an alternative possibility: that Skakdi progress at the same rate, but proceed onwards to a deeper and more drastic level of mutation in the end. To address the fact he considered his post to have made no sense - it made perfect sense to me. Maybe I'm just equally crazy.Anyway, that's how I see it.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

I agree with Tilius. His explanation makes the most sense. Skakdi are already predesposed to bestial rage; Hordika venom would magnify that, and would make an even worse disaster in the end because the thing was broken to start with. Now back in 2005, there was this thing about the Toa "fighting" their bestial urges within. There was also this thing about making peace with the beast so it would stop trying to take them over. Skakdi are already not fighting whatever crazy primitive desires they have already. If anything, I would think that there would be less change over time with the infection, since they wouldn't fight againest whatever bestial thing the venom drives them to do because they naturally do it anyway. But if the venom has any effect at all, it will likely be as Tilius said.