Corny/cheesy/annoying/obnoxious Commercials/ads

That Virgin America commercial with the guy in the burrito."Holaaaaa...are you in the mood for spicy...""Mmmmmm, siiiiiii..."I friggin' hate that commercial. 'Nuff said.

:kaukau: The most obnixious, at the moment, are essentially all online ads that say something along these lines:Language teachers HATE him (see how you can learn a new language in just 10 days)Dermatologists HATE her (see this mother's secret for changing her face)Chiropracters HATE her (see how you can feel good at all times)Muscle builders HATE him (see the secret formula for gaining muscles fast)Weight losers HATE him (see doctor's secret for loosing weight fast)You get the general idea? Please, someone tell me that the only HATE going on is the animosity you feel toward this stupid advertising formula.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Ugh, complete agreement here. And the pictures make it even worse.

fjRqLk4.jpg

:kaukau: The most obnixious, at the moment, are essentially all online ads that say something along these lines:Language teachers HATE him (see how you can learn a new language in just 10 days)Dermatologists HATE her (see this mother's secret for changing her face)Chiropracters HATE her (see how you can feel good at all times)Muscle builders HATE him (see the secret formula for gaining muscles fast)Weight losers HATE him (see doctor's secret for loosing weight fast)You get the general idea? Please, someone tell me that the only HATE going on is the animosity you feel toward this stupid advertising formula.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Ugh, complete agreement here. And the pictures make it even worse.
Very much agree. Also, another one that I didn't mention earlier: random internet ads with sound. I'm trying to browse in peace, and suddenly I have some inane ad blaring over my speakers. How about no?~B~ Edited by Ballom

The Hovaround commercial where the old guy enthusiastically gives a thumbs and says, "Call Hovaround - right now!"Or those commercials where a deep voice says, "If you or a loved one have taken (insert medical thing), and have experienced back pain, paralysis, indigestion, or even death, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Call 1-800-555-5555 or go to mylawyer.com for a possibility of compensation." Then some greasy-haired lawyer shows up and says, "Call now for a risk-free blah blah blah."

Or those commercials where a deep voice says, "If you or a loved one have taken (insert medical thing), and have experienced back pain, paralysis, indigestion, or even death, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Call 1-800-555-5555 or go to mylawyer.com for a possibility of compensation."

Not sure why seeking people for class action lawsuits is so annoying. Besides, it's good that people who were medically wronged can try to get some compensation through these.~B~

I KNEW I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THAT COMMERCIAL WAS ANNOYING!

Currently becoming annoyed with the most recent "Have you been diagnosed with [insert disease of some form here]? You may be entitled to compensation!". Law offices nowadays must be really desperate for court cases. =PAnd I swear, if Doug tells me one more time that he has mesothelioma, I'm going to send my remote control through my television set. xP

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Anyone remember those HeadOn commercials from a while back?HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead.HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead.HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead.

I remember back when that commercial was viral, CN spoofed it with a Dracula puppet with a voiceover describing The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure.
That CN commercial is my all-time least favorite.

mindeth the cobwebs

"Are you paying too much for your car insurance?"Maybe I will appreciate these ones when I have car insurance :P

I don't have car insurance yet either, but believe me, even when it does come time, you will do anything but appreciate them. :P Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 3 weeks later...

One new addition. Those horrifying adverts for that Wonga site. I know it's not meant to be creepy, but those puppets scare the living heck out of me. There is something massively disconcerting about them, and I don't appreciate the constant close ups.

Bloody Karz... those puppets gave my little sister nightmares...HEADON,APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD x3...W.G. Wentworth...anyone annoyed with those inappropriate adult ads on little kid channels? ^ ^ You know what I'm talking about.

Currently becoming annoyed with the most recent "Have you been diagnosed with [insert disease of some form here]? You may be entitled to compensation!". Law offices nowadays must be really desperate for court cases. =PAnd I swear, if Doug tells me one more time that he has mesothelioma, I'm going to send my remote control through my television set. xP

This. Lawyers are gaining a reputation to be sleazebags due to frivolous lawsuits.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

• 3 weeks later...
"Are you paying too much for your car insurance?"Maybe I will appreciate these ones when I have car insurance :P
if i'm paying a penny for it i'm paying too much for it... seeing as i can't drive one...on topic...commercials in general irritate me. but i have a dvr, so the only time i really watch anything live is when i watch LoK on nick. and i usually can ignore them. except when my sis controls the remote, which is most f the time, but her shows are far more irritating than any commercials.and holy slag! the HeadOn one irritated me. plus the awkward ones on teenick. (if you watch that channel you understand) and any drug/medicine commercials. honestly, if your docter doesn't mention it, why would you need it? and the side effects terrify me... [/rant]

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group