Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: So yeah, not sure where else to go. I could've probably come up with something, but...eh? Though I'll probably get the E.S.B.D.H (Epic Squad of Blaire Darkling Hunters) going soon.
OOC: I had originally planned to have Rotor lead a squad toward him. Heck, I'd started to write it before the Firecracker fiasco hijacked the plot. I don't know if you're still interested in that direction.

IC: Andrew weighted his options. Zach and him were good friends, and he was always ready to back him up, and with this Blaire Darkling fellow, he had to admit, the guy could use all the help he could get.But he had to admit, he was tiring a bit of battle. Having achieved victory was the end of the war, officially. While he would likely be wanted a few times for clean-up jobs in case Mutant Dinos still wanted to play hostile, there was really not much left to do. And with the prospect of rest and relaxation and fun at home, he was fully ready to hang up the helmet and start kicking back.Not to mention that he did have a bit of fear about their chances of survival. From what he could tell, Blaire Darkling was highly skilled in battle. He would not go down easily, and it was very possible that at least one of them could fall to one of his weapons. After all they went through, all they survived, after seeing the demise of Dr. Rex himself, Andrew didn't want to see anymore death.But he knew Zach. He had been as close to Nazareno as he was to Andrew. Not only had Darkling murdered him, but also a friend with the Agents, along with nearly killing Zach himself had Mutant Dinos not intervened. He was going to see justice done, undoubtedly.This was getting tough. He couldn't make this decision alone. He motioned for Laxus and Pterisa to come close to him to confer in relative privacy."I don't know about this," the LEGO Islander said quietly. "Darkling doesn't seem like a guy we can stop without paying a price. And I've already seen enough allies leave us with only memories. What do you guys think?"Laxus blinkied in slight amazement. "Andrew, I'm surprised. I'd figured you jump at the chance to support Zach whenever you could.""Yes, well, Zach's not being threatened here, at least not right now. He's simply going after someone's he has a grudge with. A highly dangerous someone. I just don't think this might be the best case of action.""Well, I doubt he's gonna stop just because you said no. And if that's the case, he's going to need all the help we can get."Pterisa leaned in close. "Andrew, if there's anything I've learned the most since Adventurers Island," she said with a hint of the attitude she had back as the anonymous samurai in the Maelstrom Temple, "it's the power that friendship can bring you in tough circumstances. It's something you don't back out of once you've experienced. Blaire might be tough, and be some infamously skilled assassin, but my accounts show he has his weaknesses. If we all work together with Zach's group to defeat him, he won't stand a chance."The words circulated through Andrew's mind, and within moments, his own argument fell apart. "...you're right. Indeed, it is just one man. We team up and do this right, this can all be finished quickly and we can go home happy."Andrew looked up and approached Zach. "You can count on us, buddy. We're with you."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: Curious question: does Sonic Screamer, being a gun that fires, for all intents and purposes, concentrated waves of sound, need ammunition? Or would it need to be "charged", like with electricity?

I had originally planned to have Rotor lead a squad toward him. Heck, I'd started to write it before the Firecracker fiasco hijacked the plot. I don't know if you're still interested in that direction.
You can do whatever you want. I prefer if nobody else really came by (I'll through Solomon in though, simply because that guy already called). Blaire may be super-ultra-powerful, but he is one guy against one...four...seven...ten people I think? Sure, he's the Post Final Boss, but he won't go down too easy.IC:Zach clapped his friend on the back, smiling. "Good to hear." After seeing a level of apprehension in Andrew's face, Zach added reassuringly. "Just one more battle and then I can wrap a few (non-violent) loose ends here and we can head to LEGO Island for that party. I assume Laxus and Pterisa will be heading to that party as well?"Laxus and Pterisa nodded in agreement, smiling. "Good. Oh, and you have a Fire Hammer, right?""Yep. It's a bit beat up, but it can probably make it through one guy. As lone as he doesn't have any explosives," Laxus said."Good. You go find that and bring it over here. Even if it is one guy, I'm not taking any chances. Two Fire Hammers are better than one. And having you in the air will also probably make this whole deal a lot easier, Pterisa." She nodded agreement. As Laxus and Andrew turned to go get the Fire Hammer, Minerva, Zelda, and Dr. Cyborg were returning with two crates of ammunition for Xenon Multi-Mode Launchers and Cosmotronic Rays. As Minerva set the crate next to the Fire Hammer, Minerva turned to Andrew, Laxus, and Pterisa, smiling."Good to see you again, you guys." She tugged both Laxus and Andrew into a quick hug before pulling Pterisa into an embrace of her own. Pterisa smiled and returned the hug quickly before Minerva pulled away. It was at this point he realized how far Pterisa had integrated into the Dino Attack Team. Joining society (perhaps one similar to LEGO Island) would be a cinch for her."Got the ammo," Minerva said. She then reached down to her belt. "I also found something of yours." She held out the knife he had been forced to leave behind when they had been forced out of the headquarters at gunpoint. Zach smirked as he accepted the bloodstained knife. Minerva eyed it with a brief gleam of disdain that soon faded away."Think I could fight Mr. Darkling with just a knife," Zach asked, already knowing the answer."You probably could," Minerva said, the barest hint of a smile on her face. "I don't know if I would.""I'm thinking we blast him up a bit and leave it at that," Zach said with a shrug. He then turned to Vinyaya and Bluetooth. "Anything worth knowing?"A deep scowl was on Vinyaya's face. "Not really. I wouldn't put it past Darkling to have tampered with file at one point, because it's more bare than it should be. But what it does say is something I could summarize in a few sentences: He's largely unpredictable. He'll repeat a few maneuvers for drama, but mostly likes to keep his enemies on their toes. He's a complete sociopath and has little issue with violence, murder, arson, destruction, chaos, and punting kittens out of airlocks."Zelda blinked. "'Punting a kitten out of an airlock'? Seriously? How it that noteworthy?"Vinyaya rolled her eyes. "It was a big deal with some humane societies. Demanded that we do more to stop him. I get that kicking a cat out into space is bad, but they apparently didn't realize who Vherestorm was and what else he did.""So we got nothing," Minerva said, clapping her hands together with a shrug. "Guess we'll have to work by the seat of our pants.""Not sure it particularly matters, considering this team's track record of planning," Zach said."We plan, we get there, and all heck breaks loose," Andrew added. A wave of snorts and chuckles erupted through the group. "So we'll be getting that Fire Hammer. Lead the way, Laxus, Pterisa." The Martian, the Hybrid, and the LEGO Islander turned and started for their Fire Hammer.Zach watched them leave and strapped the knife to his torn uniform. He then turned to look from Minerva, to Vinyaya, to Bluetooth, to Dr. Cyborg, and finally to Zelda. He then barely wondered if this was the right thing to do. Blaire was dangerous and held a grudge; he had escaped a fiery explosion and trekked halfway across the battlefield just to kill him. Even if with the ten of them, if Blaire somehow could stop their Xenon Launchers or get them out of the Fire Hammers, he would be a tricky enemy to fight.He stepped over to Zelda. There was a look of grim determination on her face. Through her, he saw the mask of Nazareno and face of Thaddeus Brickhouse, just two of Blaire Darkling's victims. He has probably killed hundreds as a Matthew Vherestorm and could be killing more people now. One thing was for certain, Blaire Darkling needed to be defeated. "We're going to find him, Zelda," he said quietly. She didn't respond, only turning her stare to him.It was at this point that he also realized that this was the first time he was really interacting with Zelda since they were both Stromlings. "I know you...loved him," Zach continued. "I just don't want losing him to cause you to do something...rash, so to speak. Uh...catch my drift?"Zelda smiled weakly at him. "It...was kind of a shock. Like hearing what happened to my birth parents or when my adoptive sister died earlier this year. All of their deaths have been avenged. Nazareno...Kareem needs to be avenged. His...mission needs to be completed. Blaire needs to be stopped." Zach then noticed the katanas strapped to her back were Nazareno's. Zelda noticed where his eyes were and gave him a faint nod. Zach immediately understood her silent request. He smiled."I'll see what I can do," was all he said. Zelda smiled, thankful for Zach's understanding. She then punched him in the shoulder - hard."Besides," Zelda said, smirking as Zach rubbed his shoulder. "I still got to be that big sister you never wanted, right?" Zach nodded, happy that Zelda wasn't letting what happen change her. She then looked past him. "Oh, hello Solomon." Zach turned to see an older gentleman behind him. "Oh, this is Solomon Koplowitz, guys. He was with me, Nazareno, and Blaire before the latter two got separated from us."Well," Zach said, stepping forward and shaking Solomon's hand. "Good to meet you, Solomon.""The same to you," Solomon said, bowing his head slightly. "Now, I believe a heard something about hunting down a certain Blaire Darkling..."*****Several minutes later*****Andrew and Laxus's Fire Hammer rolled up to the other Fire Hammer. After quickly reloading the Xenon Launcher, Dr. Cyborg and Solomon jumped into their ride while Vinyaya took the wheel of the Fire Hammer manned by Zach, Minerva, Zelda, and Bluetooth. Pterisa jumped from the cab of Andrew's Fire Hammer and into the darkening sky, almost disappearing from sight."Alright!" Vinyaya said into the radio, slipping the jeep into drive. "Let's catch us a certain intergalactic baddie!" The Fire Hammer started to roll into the ruined city, illuminated by the dim purple and orange flames of the previous battle. Andrew's Fire Hammer followed close behind.Zach stared at the window, his face hardening. There was one last battle on the horizon.

OOC: Curious question: does Sonic Screamer, being a gun that fires, for all intents and purposes, concentrated waves of sound, need ammunition? Or would it need to be "charged", like with electricity?
I had originally planned to have Rotor lead a squad toward him. Heck, I'd started to write it before the Firecracker fiasco hijacked the plot. I don't know if you're still interested in that direction.
You can do whatever you want. I prefer if nobody else really came by (I'll through Solomon in though, simply because that guy already called). Blaire may be super-ultra-powerful, but he is one guy against one...four...seven...ten people I think? Sure, he's the Post Final Boss, but he won't go down too easy.
OOC: I'm somewhat confused, so does that mean I shouldn't or that I could but you'd rather I didn't or that I shouldn't? Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Just go ahead and have Rotor keep up his search for Blaire if you wish. I'll speak up if you do something I don't want you to do.

OOC: Just go ahead and have Rotor keep up his search for Blaire if you wish. I'll speak up if you do something I don't want you to do.
OOC: Alrighty then.IC: "Hey Rotor," Mac said as he approached the pilot. "I hate to interrupt the moment but weren't we looking for someone?""Yeah," replied Cabin. "We were trying to find that one guy- Blair, before we were called to the tower."Rotor quickly remembered. "Blair, of course. Anyone know who this guy is?""Probably just some ax-crazy biologist," Mac said sarcastically.Rotor was about to get into the pilot's seat when Cabin stopped him. He turned toward her, quickly cluing in to what she had in mind. "Oh I do love you," Rotor said with a grin as he moved to the co-pilot's seat instead, Cabin took the controls. Mac got into the back, Lance was soon taking up his place as the gunner, Shotgun and Scope were on board as well, sniper rifles at the ready. After all those might just come in handy, along with a handful of other people. The two gunslingers Clint and Angel Eyes were on board, a young Southern-accented woman holding hands with an almost gray-skinned young woman, though the colour was starting to return to her flesh, and a man in a gas mask with a flamethrower whose every word was unintelligible.Soon the chopper was in the air, and Rotor played back the recording he'd made over its speakers, calling out to Blaire Darkling wherever he was.OOC: Feel free to put your characters in the chopper if you'd like.You know, it just dawned on me, in this entire RPG the two major pirate characters have never once interacted. For some reason I'm suddenly curious how an encounter between Greybeard and Elizabeth might go down. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:By the way, Catless has been insisting to come along on the ESBDH.Also, I've got a beta image of Cyrista's Bane! Once it's colored, I'll post the full version. In the meantime, look at my gallery.IC:Solomon was driving the Fire Hammer while Dr. Cyborg was manning the XMM launcher. He was a little depressed. He had survived the battle with nobody he was very close to dying, although plenty of friends had died. In the midst of victory, he found out his little sister, who he didn't even know was in the battle, who he had last left under less-than-friendly circumstances, had died.He suddenly had an idea of how to beat Darkling and take out some of this anger."Hey, Solomon, can you call the others on the radio?" Dr. Cyborg said."Yeah, sure, here you go," Solomon said as he complied."Hey everyone, I had an idea," Dr. Cyborg said."What is it?" Andrew asked."If we attack Blair Darkling from range, he'll just run up at us and start slicing.""Yeah, so what's your idea?" Vinyaya asked."What if one of us fights him with melee weapons while the other use the ranged weapons?" Dr. Cyborg said."I want to fight him melee!" Zelda called over the radio."I understand your reasoning, Zelda, but listen to mine. Everybody here but me is flesh and blood. It would be pretty easy to incapacitate you. I am not so easy to stop, my systems have many redundancies built in. Plus, my reflexes are somewhat faster than the average Minifig's. Also, I have a sword that can stand up to his swords, plus a deployable energy shield. Finally, my self-repair systems work faster than a Minifig can heal. What I'm saying is, what if you attack with the guns while I distract him in a duel of sorts. What do you say?" he finished.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:Holly Vinyaya looked back at Zach briefly. He shrugged and gestured Vinyaya to keep driving. He then turned and began to speak to Minerva in hushed tones. Vinyaya turned back to the radio to address Dr. Cyborg's idea."We could try it, but I don't know how successful it could be. We don't know what Blaire is planning or what sort of advantage he might have. Like I said earlier, we can predict that he'll be unpredictable with his actions. But if we get the opportunity, go for it.""Alright," Dr. Cyborg said. Vinyaya returned her eye to the ruined city ahead of her. She momentarily caught a flash of Pterisa flying ahead of them. She was scouting ahead to hopefully give them a chance of seeing Blaire before Blaire saw them. Vinyaya dimly remembered her initial distrust of Pterisa in the Maelstrom Temple so many hours before. Now, she was beyond caring. Pterisa was an ally and that was all that needed to be said on the matter.Bluetooth, who was sitting beside her in the front passenger seat, yawned briefly. Vinyaya smiled faintly. "I suppose we're all going to need a little shut-eye once we've got Darkling," she said.Bluetooth nodded in agreement and smiled, pushing his glasses up his nose. "Catching up on our sleep will be one of those pleasures we get back now that this war is over. No simply lying in bed, trying to sleep but unconsciously waiting for the moment an army of Mutant Dinos to attack."Vinyaya chuckled. Indeed the sleep Vinyaya caught on the way back from Adventurers' Island was losing its effect. Even after training that fought against weakness like this, fatigue was catching up quickly. Her police instincts to catch Darkling were the only thing really stopping her from falling asleep right here and now. That and her fierce protectiveness over the people in both Fire Hammers.Vinyaya turned her eye briefly to Bluetooth. He glanced at her and smiled nervously. Vinyaya smiled back. She had decided to give Bluetooth a chance with a potential relationship. She was, admittedly, surprised with her choice. She had her romantic fun when she was younger. She began to focus on her career once she became an officer. She hadn't been willing to develop too many close relationships in that line of work; casualties didn't come in by the truckload, but they came in enough that she hadn't been willing to go through the pain of losing someone close.And now here, having fought for her home planet, she was suddenly disregarding her old way of operating. Perhaps the situation had been such a radical shock, she didn't really know. But since landing on this planet, Vinyaya had a brief relationship with a disgruntled dinosaur hunter and had become close friends with a space ninja, a girl with a troubled past, a sarcastic LEGO Islander, and a pirate-turned-ninja. She had experienced those feelings of loss that she so desperately try to prevent. Those feelings of loss, however, ended up giving her feelings of trust and closeness toward people she had hardly known for a week that she reserved for officer friends.Admittedly, Bluetooth was a heavy contrast to Scratch. The latter had a dark sense of humor, extreme realist views, and emotionally driven in his life. The former was more calmer, level-headed, and not much of fighter as far as Vinyaya knew. Despite this, Vinyaya felt herself enjoying Bluetooth's presence a lot more than she had with Scratch's. Vinyaya knew Bluetooth truly cared for her while she will never know if Scratch truly held feelings toward her or was simply manipulating her.Vinyaya glanced at Ryan Radcliff one last time. He was looking out the window, most likely keeping an eye out for Blaire Darkling. A small smile formed on her face. She found herself increasingly looking forward to getting to know him better.*****************************"So the cut..." Zach said, drifting off and pointing to the light red gash across Minerva's cheek. Minerva sighed, just the barest hint of sadness in her breath. "It was Oswald, right?" She nodded once. "And he's...""He's dead. I killed him," Minerva said bluntly. Zach grimaced. "He also cut my stomach." She gestured to the tear in her Dino Attack uniform. "Nothing too bad," she continued with a shrug.Zach stared. She was being eerily calm about losing her family. Not so much from apathy toward the situation. More like...grim acceptance. "Uh..."Minerva silenced him with a wave of her hand. "Once this is done, I'll tell you what happened." Minerva chuckled softly. "I might not be this calm when I tell you, though. I've been sort of...holding it back. When I tell you, all the emotions that came with it will be released like a giant blob of sad, tears, and mad."Zach shrugged, smirking faintly, "I expected about as much." He tugged Minerva into a quick one-arm hug. "What are we going to do with...her?"Minerva lifted Zach's arm off of her. "Hopefully we'll be able to contact someone in Antarctica who can make a new tombstone really quick. We'll have a short little ceremony-type thing with you and me and then we'll head off to LEGO Island.""And Nazareno?""We still have his body. We briefly talked about doing something for him. You, Zelda, Holly, and myself at least. I think we'll have a more coherent idea once this is done and we get some sleep. But I think we'll try to deal with Nazareno before we take care of Mom.""Sounds like a plan," Zach said. The radio up front began to crackle."I think I see him," Pterisa said. "He's in some sort of battle with a hairy man in a blue-uniform." A few seconds later, Pterisa appeared in front of the two Fire Hammers and began to lead them in the direction of Blaire Darkling. As they drew closer, Zach could see fresh Minifig corpses scattered around; all victims of Blaire Darkling's rage, no doubt.The Fire Hammers' lights shined upon two standing Minifigs with guns trained on each other. One was Blaire Darkling and his handgun. The other was most certainly an Agent, a Space Marauder rocket launcher in hand. He was large and imposing. Zach then noticed the large broadsword near Blaire's feet."Is that a Grendelwulf brother?" Zach questioned."That's Epic Winston," Zelda whispered, as she was controlling the Xenon Launcher. Epic Winston Grendelwulf. Zach never actually met him or his brother during his work with the Agents, but they were notably enough that it was surprise if you haven't heard of them.Both Blaire and Epic Winston looked at the two Fire Hammer approached. "You should get out there if you're going to do it, Doc." He wanted Zelda's plan to go through, but he was mostly fighting for simplicity. Kill Darkling and get out of here.A sinister smirk formed on Blaire's face as he seemed to recognize the occupants of Zach's Fire Hammer. With his left hand, he whipped a katana out and knocked the rocket launcher out of Epic Winston's hands. A sharp kick sent Epic Winston tumbling back. As Blaire sheathed both the katana and handgun, he reached down for the rocket launcher.Zach saw the color drain from Vinyaya's face. "Fire!" she snapped. Blaire chuckled quietly and pointed the rocket launcher at her Fire Hammer. "Get out! Move!" Grabbing her Cosmotronic Ray, Vinyaya kicked open her door and dived out. Bluetooth did the same. Grabbing a Sonic Screamer and a Cosmotronic Ray respectively, Minerva and Zach jumped out of the vehicle and started to run. Out of the corner of his eye, Zelda stuck the trigger of the Xenon Launcher so it would fire without human manipulation. She then backflipped off and ran as a rocket fired from Blaire's launcher.A loud explosion echoed through the quiet city as the jeep was engulfed in orange flames. Another explosion sounded off as the Xenon supply exploded as well, causing green flames to join the orange flames briefly. Zach scowled and started firing his Cosmotronic Ray at Darkling, who dodged the blasts. They were now on foot. What was supposed to be a semi-easy mission had turned bad quickly.Good thing we didn't have any real plans from the start, or this would be a lot worse than it already is.

IC: As the T-1 Typhoon took to the air, Mac took over the radio. "Blaire Darkling, we have orders for your arrest. If you co-operate, you won't be harmed. Surrender now and turn yourself in and no harm shall come to you. If you don't, we will open fire. I repeat, surrender now or we will open fire."

IC: It figured. The best laid, admittedly vaguely-formed, plans always seemed to go to waste when someone had a rocket launcher.Solomon was already pulling out of view, likely counting on Darkling having his attention most diverted by Zach's crew. And not too soon either, as another rocket whizzed by, only just missing them by a well-guessed turn backwards to the right."Solomon, I get the wheel here," said Andrew, leaning in from the front passenger seat. "I'm a bit better at keeping my vehicles in one piece.""You think you can avoid rocket fire?" The XERRD scientist asked incredulously."I've raced on LEGO Island tracks, I think I can handle a few rocket-propelled grenades."The man relented and shifted over to let Andrew have control again. As he got comfortable, he drove forward, driving past and around a building to come in from another angle. With the attacks Zach's group was likely sending towards Blaire's way, plus the slight mist from the rain and the slowly-but-surely decreasing daylight as night edged closer, they were hardly noticeable as they made their maneuver."Dr. Cyborg," Andrew said through the Xenon cannon radio, "If you want to try out your plan, do it quickly. Don't worry, Solomon and Laxus can take over the launcher for you."The Fire Hammer was pulled around the other side of the building and directed back towards the battle, giving them a bit of time of surprise as Andrew's crew prepared their next attack. If this worked right, it would be as simple as fighting Willa, except with less unpredictable power and more unpredictable athletics.-----------Bluetooth was fatigued, but he wasn't tired yet. Having vehicles being exploded behind you had a habit of keeping oneself on their toes.He wasn't just using a pistol anymore. He had a Z-1 Kinetic Launcher in his hands now. While not lethal, it was sufficient to stun a target enough to let other attacks have an opening. And unless Darkling had a shield on him, he doubted he would be able to withstand it.That is, if he would let anyone hit him. Watching Blaire Darkling move was like watching The Matrix fight scenes ten times over. He was rather good at dodging bullets, and he was slowly trying to make his way to his assailants to get in melee range, which is where things would likely get the most messy.But therein, as Bluetooth saw it in terms of the way he had watched PLARXX signals, lied a problem. Blaire was outnumbered 11-to-1 (and counting, if Rotor's transmissions meant his T-1 was on their trail). Sure, he had taken out countless people already so far, but they hadn't fully known what they were dealing with. And he wasn't unstoppable, Pterisa's story about him backing away from her brethren made that clear. And that rocket launcher of his didn't have infinite ammo, he couldn't use it forever.The Futuron agent would've preferred to tell everybody to spread out, but that would mean letting Darkling know what they were doing. So he darted out on his own, avoiding methods of alerting others to his presence until just the right moment..."Remember me, Darkling?" he cried out as he got clear to the man's right. Blaire turned, and a disturbing mix of delight and fury appeared on his face. He began moving away from Zach as he started closing in on the technician."You shouldn't have done that," Blaire called out, distracting Zach's crew by firing another rocket at them. "You never should've exposed me...""Yeah, well you never should've told a techie with a communicator that you were killing him for knowing a secret of yours!" Bluetooth said, raising his K-1 launcher, knowing that any shots would likely be ducked or side-stepped, possibly into Fabello's chest just to make him feel bad. "People like me do not forgive, and do not forget!"Blaire ignored the taunts. "I shall make your death as agonizing as possible...""Good luck with that when you've got ten others simotaneously gunning on you." Bluetooth shot his launcher, which, as expected, Blaire easily sidestepped. He rushed up to Bluetooth's face, knocked away the launcher, and was about to grab his neck when he was struck by a bolt of lightning. He grunted as he was knocked to the ground, the Space Marauder rocket launcher flying out of his hand.Bluetooth glanced briefly to see Pterisa swooping just out of view. Then he grabbed his Z-1 and the rocket launcher and started running off. Blaire recovered quickly, getting back on his feet and drawing his pistol. He was aiming at Bluetooth's fleeing figure when Andrew's Fire Hammer suddenly pulled back into view. The Xenon launcher revved up and fired away at the assassin.

OOC: So, I was going to write this post yesterday, but instead I played TF2 with Atton and Andrewnuva. For most of the match, we were the only people on the server... which allowed us to do all sorts of crazy things together than no one else would understand (for example, at one point, I was playing as a Spy and Andrewnuva called me out on it, so his Soldier shouted, "Boys, we have a traitor!", and Andrewnuva followed up by saying, "And his name is Ata!"). Nobody expected the Medic Inquisition, and I discovered that shouting "MEDIC!" is an effective way to trick an enemy Soldier into firing rockets at you... and then airblast them right back at him.I had a blast, guys! Feel free to invite me to another TF2 "get-together" any time I'm not busy!

OOC:I stink at writing this particular kind of angst. If someone wants to post it from someone else's point of view and improve it, feel free to. In fact, I would like it if someone did this.Even though I am not doing the AI as canon, I still think the last posts should be a few months later, at the grand opening of a memorial to the Dino Attack.
OOC: Sounds like an interesting prospect, but I see my story ending more around the New Years Day thing when I actually put my money where my mouth is with a post or two about the Big LEGO Island Party I keep talking about.
Same here. I'm picturing my final post of the RPG as taking place at New Years, most likely featuring the sunrise or sunset. Sunrise might make more sense if it's the dawn of the New Year, but sunset works better as the end of my RPG characters' story... I don't know.
Also, I've got a beta image of Cyrista's Bane! Once it's colored, I'll post the full version. In the meantime, look at my gallery.
... Wow. Just, wow. I admit, I was in the process of trying to recreate Cyrista's Bane in Flash... but that sketch alone just blows me away. It's so epic! I can't wait to see the finished, colored version.IC: Greybeard limped over to the crash site of the Joseph's Heir. There, he found Prince Samuel Race, helped by Bill Ding and a few other mechanics, in repairing the damage caused to the T-1 Typhoon during the final battle. The old pirate was relieved to see that Sam was doing better since the untimely death of his father. He gently tapped Sam on the shoulder, and the LEGO Racer flinched in response. Upon seeing Greybeard, he caught his breath and shook his head. "Oh, come now, Greybeard! Don't sneak up on me like that!""Sorry, matey," shrugged Greybeard. "I just want'd t' check up on ye. Ye be a brave man, flyin' that ship into th' flames o' Dr. Rex himself! Yer father would be proud t' see how much ye grew up, says I.""Thanks for your kind words," Sam smiled and nodded, but his eyes had a very sad look.Greybeard noticed that Sam Race was wearing earbuds connected to one of those fancy new gizmos for listening to music that Greybeard had occasionally seen during his time working with Dino Attack Team. Gesturing to the iPod, the old pirate inquired, "So, what be ye listenin' t'? Some sort o' victory music? A lot o' them Dino Attack agents, such as Williams an' Zimmer, be playing loud an' triumphant victory songs."Sam sighed and shook his head. "Right now? 'Soldier Side' by System of a Play.""System o' a Play?" repeated Greybeard, with the raise of an eyebrow.Sam Race chuckled. "I know, it doesn't really seem like the sort of music I would listen to. Sam Throramebi is more fond of the band than I am; he's more into that style of music, I guess. I'm not a huge fan of System of a Play, but compared to most bands of that genre, I daresay, I personally think System of a Play is actually pretty tolerable. The singers don't always scream, and instead of just thrashing their instruments as loudly as they can, they actually play distinct and, sometimes, even pretty melodies.""Avast," snorted Greybeard. "Ye can keep yer System o' a Play. I be listenin' t' me Beatles, Eric Clapton, an' Yes."Sam Race laughed. "Yeah, those are some pretty awesome bands." Then, the laughter and smile disappeared as Sam Race looked down at his iPod and sighed solemnly. "You know, the thing about 'Soldier Side'... I never truly understood what it was about. Then again, I'm not sure what most System of a Play songs are about, anyway. But now... after the final battle... I feel like I truly understand what 'Soldier Side' means. When you go to war, you don't come back... because even if you survive, what you have seen has changed you forever.""An' ye?" Greybeard bit his lip, concerned. "Ye feel that way?"Sam nodded grimly. "I'll never be the same. Not after seeing my father die in war. I've always enjoyed competition, and I just thought of the Dino Attack war as just another competition. But now... now I can understand why my father did all in his power to keep the Space Knights out of the many wars that have taken place in Castle Cove. War is MegaBlokland. Sons go to war, never to return. Families wait for their loved ones, never coming home. And even after I finish my scheduled sessions with Dr. Saran... I'll never be the same again. I'm done, Greybeard. I'm doe.""So what be ye goin' t' do?" inquired Greybeard. "What if thar be another Dino Attack? What if Castle Cove be in danger?"Glancing up at the night sky, Sam murmured: "I think... perhaps the best thing to do is to leave Castle Cove and LEGO Planet forever. We Space Knights certainly have the technology to form our own satellite colony off of LEGO Planet. There, we'll be out of the way. We won't have to worry about the wars in Castle Cove. We won't find ourselves in danger of another Dino Attack. It might sound extreme... but I don't want anyone in my kingdom to know firsthand what I know now."Shrugging, Sam Race added: "I might pop in once in a while for a LEGO Racing Championship or something, but... I think this is the last time in the foreseeable future that we might be able to hang out together, Greybeard.""If that be what ye think be best fer yer kingdom," nodded Greybeard, "then fair winds, me hearty." Greybeard and Sam Race embraced one another, and Greybeard whispered in his ear: "No matter what ye do, I know yer father be proud o' ye. Do not forget that.""I won't," promised Sam Race.OOC: Wanted to write about Frozeen and Shannon too, but having some difficultly properly diagnosing that Romantic Plot Tumor...I thought that "Soldier Side" by System of a Down is a great way to describe some of our more shellshocked veterans of the Dino Attack, such as Sam Race. And yes, if you're curious, my opinion on System of a Down is the same as Sam Race's opinion on System of a Play.

OOC: Well, PeabodySam, you've always been persistent in emphasizing the point that there is no post-war chaos or anything, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a few posts just to enforce that.I'll admit, personally I find it a bit hard to believe that life would just go back to the way it was before everything happened. People expected that to happen just after World War I, but instead got the Spanish Flu Epidemic, shell-shocked soldiers, and women demanding the vote (okay, that's one positive but for the time it was extremely inconvenient and for some sheer horror)- and that's just the winning side (putting it simply if they hadn't been so darn keen to bankrupt Germany as "punishment" for a war they technically didn't start World War II might have never happened). Then again, I guess it was never said that it would be the same. It does make me wonder about about the immediate aftermath though, because I'd imagine that even if the cities are rebuilt fairly quickly there'd be a lot of financial issues, plus probably hundreds of people suffering from PTSD or related psychological conditions, not to mention those who've been wounded to the point where they're not in any position to work (Hotwire's missing leg kinda limits his options somewhat) both of whom will need to be compensated. But before you can build the new city you've got to clear all the rubble of the old one out of the way to make fresh ground for the new buildings- and recover the bodies of fallen agents, and destroy the remaining mutant dinosaurs. And what about those agents who can't quite adjust to civilian life (badman as he is, I can't exactly see Rotor getting a job in an office).IC: "See anything yet?" Mac asked."Not a thing," replied Rotor. "Give me that radio."He quickly reached for his own radio and began speaking into it. "Blaire Darkling, you have thirty seconds to surrender or else we will open fire."Quickly changing frequencies, Rotor picked up the microphone once more. "I want Blaire Darkling's most probably location right now. Over"In the back, Maria held Andrea Jackson's hand tightly. She was still reluctant to admit to their newfound relationship, especially her father, who was sitting nearby, then again it was crowded."You think we'll find him?" Andrea Jackson asked."I don't know," replied Maria. "This Blaire darkling sounds like one mighty tough fella. Ma' Daddy wouldn't had too much trouble with him, though. He were a lawman, ya see."Andrea smiled. "My dad kicked me out of the house," she said. "I had an affair he didn't entirely approve of. He didn't know the full truth but he knew there was something strange about it.""What was his name?" Maria asked again. Andrea looked at her. "Samantha," she said.

OoC:I love how Dr. Cyborg seems to develop new powers as the plot demands. :P To answer Brikman’s question about Sonic Screamers, my impression of them is that they are an energy based weapon. Its main function is to incapacitate its targets by directing a high frequency sound at them. At high levels it can be lethal and cause the deafness and bleeding from the ears. At low levels it can simply knock out a target.During the battle, Hertz was shot at with a sonic screamer. The sound waves were powerful enough to knock him down but the hearing effects were moot because of his deafness. In most cases I would imagine the target would needs some time to recover after such a sonic attack but in Hert’z case he was able to get right back up.Hum, it seems Rotor is joining the E.B.D.H.T too, I suppose if Blair’s worth killing, he’s worth over killing. We now have somewhere around two dozen agents going after one guy. I would think more people would want to rest after the big battle. It’s noteworthy that no one here has slept for over two days. :DThis will take place slight before and during and after some resent posts. Well I could have posted it earlier; it seems I slept past 9:40 and wasted about three hours reading TV tropes. I love Saturdays.The most appropriate soundtrack would probably be Hans Zimmer’s soundtracks to Inception or Batman Begins.iC: As if to mirror the feelings of the agents below the sun started to shine through the dark clouds covering the city. Although the rain continued to fail in waves it was more similar to a spring shower then a vicious storm. To spite the gasoline fires still burning in the street, a chill now started to nip the air. It was getting cold, which was a welcome change from the tropical island Solomon had spent the last few months.Although Hanukkah ended five days ago, Dr. Koplowitz acknowledged that Christmas was only three days away. Ordinarily by this time of year snow would be covering the ground and holiday lights would be strung across the street. To spite the lack of festivities the mood among the team was no less marry. From his position in Rotor’s helicopter Solomon had witnessed the fall of a tyrant. The T-rex king was a mad monster and his presence would not be missed. Although Solomon believed in redemption he never expected it from his former boss. No one would grieve the death of Dr. Rex. He could not blame them, he knew he would not.To spite the coldness of his sentiment, he did not feel ashamed to metaphorically dance on Dr. Rex’s grave. It was remarkable to consider how much he changed over the span of his life. He had been an idealist once, someone who believed that people were inherently good, but to spite the opportunities to do right, people would almost always choose wrong. He still thought of himself as something of an Idealist but he viewed it realistically. People probably were good, but they certainly could not be trusted to make the right choices.As the windshield wipers slide rhythmically back and forth across the windshield Solomon looked around the cabin at the other occupants. Andrew, Laxus, and Doctor Cyborg looked stoically gazed out the window without saying a word. Everyone was tired; Solomon was sick of the bloodshed and was not excited to jump into yet another fight. Although he had grown to respect Nazareno over the course of the battle he had not joined the company to avenge his death. Revenge was something the philosopher had long since grown out of, he had joined the team to make sure the others did nothing they would regret.Blair Darkling was a monster and most of the occupants of the other fire hammer wanted retribution. Well Solomon agreed that he needed to be stopped; angry determination was not the answer. He had worked closely with Darkling during his time at XERRD, on several occasions they had been partners on missions that have provided a unique look into the man’s psyche. Solomon knew what Blair was capable of. Although he did not think he was beyond redemption he was pretty sure it would not happen. Darkling was incredibly dangerous and he needed to be stopped before more good men were killed.But he sensed that was not the consensus of the group. Although they did a fine job hiding it he believed that Zach and Zelda were seething with a barley controlled rage. Anger was a poor ally in a fight and the last thing he wanted was to have someone else die because of their rash assaults.The Fire Hammer navigated its way around a dead Tyrannosaurus-Rex and turned onto a side street. Their search method was relatively random. They were depending on Pterisa’s relaying of coordinates in their hunt. He was skeptical whether or not they would find Blair using this method but in the event that they did there were some things that Zachary and Zelda needed to know.He adjusted the microphone in his helmet and set it to the speaker in Vinyaya’s fire Hammer. Taking a breath he spoke a message that all could here.“Lessen before we do this there are some things you should know.” Be began, “You don’t know Blair Darkling the way I do, I can understand that you are angry and want blood but that is a very dangerous way to go into this. Trust me when I tell you this, Darkling is cunning and manipulative, he knows how to pull your string and make you unbalanced. Charging in there angrily slicing away is a good way to get yourself killed. Speaking from my experience Blair may be a better swordsmen then many of us here…”“That’s why I should go at him.” Interrupted Dr. Cybrog. “I can take more punishment then all of you.”Solomon frowned. “Dr. Cyrista, since I’ve worked with you your fatal flaw has always been overconfidence. Since your accident your overreliance on your technological implants has only increased. Darkling is a powerful advisory Matthew, even with your advantages you cannot account for his unpredictability.”“I still want to fight him.” Said Zelda darkly over the radio. “That son of a 4+ is going to pay.”“That’s exactly what Blair would want.” Responded Solomon. “He knows how to get you mad. To spite his thuggish appearance he is calculating. Engaging him in a direct fight would be most unwise; it would provide him with an opportunity to find your weaknesses and exploit.”The silence over the radio told Solomon that Zelda was not pleased with his response. After several minutes of an awkward quite Commander Vinyaya spoke up, “You seem to know Blair pretty well, how would you recommend we approach him?”“If you want my opinion, we don’t give him any chances.” Said the philosopher “Engage him at range and stay out of reach. Don’t make it any more complicated than it needs to be. Swords should not be necessary. Shoot him and get it over with before he has a chance to speak and engage your emotions. This is not the time to let lust for revenge take over.”The Fire Hammers turned another corner and arrived at a roundabout near the city park. Off course many of the trees had long since died and the grass was either lifeless or overgrown. A large gothic sculpture dominated the area surrounded by a dead fountain.“Blair’s got a bullet proof vest.” Said Bluetooth from Vinyaya’s Humvee. “Shooting him might not be so simple.”Solomon nodded. “We’re still fair better than if we try and attack him with swords. As uncivilized as this may be it will probably be the safest-”"I think I see him," Interrupted Pterisa over the radio. "He's in some sort of battle with a hairy man in a blue-uniform."The Fire hammers changed course and drove over the curve onto the park grass. Cutting across the field of unkempt vegetation they advanced across the remains of the city’s botanical gardens to the position Pterisa had relayed. Just inside the park’s rote iron gate two figures faced each other in the rain. Both were of incredible statue and appeared to be engaged in a standoff. Solomon recognized Blair immediately when he turned to look at the two vehicles. Then Blair smiled Solomon realized it might not be so simple.Taking advantage of the distraction the XERRD security chief soundly disarmed the hulking agent and pulled forth his rocket launcher. Taking a second to aim he fired the weapon at Vinyaya’s Fire hammer.The explosion rocked the park and bits of debris rained on Solomon’s windshield. He spun the wheel to avoid the wreckage of the burning humvee and skidded across the wet grass of the park to face the assassin.A second rocket shot past Solomon’s Fire hammer and obliterated the gothic sculpture in the center of the park.“How many rocket does he have?” asked Laxus. “I was under the impression that they did not have bottomless magazines.”“Probably only a handful.” Responded Dr. Cyborg as Solomon brought the vehicle to hard left and nearly hit a tree. “He’s bound to run out of rockets sometime.”“Let’s hope so.” Muttered Andrew, the elite agent checked to make sure the occupants of Zach’s fire hammer had survived before jumping over the passenger seat beside Solomon. He flinched as the Fire Hammer shot over a park bench and demolished a nearby fruit stand.“What that fruit stand doing here!” yelled Andrew.“Yes, it’s strange that fruit would be in session during December.” Replied Laxus.“Yes, that’s why it’s strange.” muttered Andrew sarcastically as he considered the war that had just transpired in the city. Blair fired another rocket that shot past the front of the vehicle. Laxus, Solomon, Andrew, and Dr. Cyborg all ducked when the projectile exploded above their head.“Maybe I should drive.” Yelped Andrew excitedly.“Probably a good idea.” Responded Solomon quickly as he relinquished the wheel. He slide past the elite agent and to the passenger seat as Andrew brought the Fire Hammer around a sharp corner and around the block. Lexus climbed out the back window and opened fire with launcher when the vehicle once again turned to face Blair.Not even Blair could stay on his feet when confronted with a volley from the Xenon cannon. The explosive shells slammed into the ground around him and sent the assassin flying across the park.Out of the corner of his eye Solomon spotted Cybrog draw his blade. The doctor seemed prepared to jump from the vehicle as it rushed past Darkling but Solomon grabbed his shoulder.“We have superior fire power in the jeep Dr. Cyrista.” Said the philosopher sternly. “It’s best if we keep this simple and attack him with our heavy weaponry. Swordsmanship is where Blair Darkling excels, I understand you think you can take him but I assure you that you underestimate his abilities. If we provide cover fire with the jeep we can keep him unbalanced and avoid a more unpredictable face to face confrontation.”“What about his rocket launcher?” Said Laxus skeptically over the radio. “We won’t fair very well if we get hit with one of them!”“Let’s just not give him a chance to fire it.” Responded Solomon. “Let just shoot him and get it over with. I think it’s safe to say we all just want this to be over.”Andrew nodded and spun around again to face the assassin. Laxus unleashed another assault with the Xenon multi-mode launcher that prevented Blair from rising. Surrounded by explosions the man was once again thrown backwards to role across the green. Andrew brought the vehicle to bear and directed it at the downed assassin.Solomon said. “Floor it.” And the Humvee rushed forward at Darkling.OoC:Depending on how this fight gos I might do a Hertz post next. After that I'll start me epilogue series. I've been holding off my emotional farewell until then.

That is all

OOC:Thank you, PeaSam. I shall tell my friend her work is appreciated. Also, any of you found any interesting info in the drawing? ;)Whatever do you mean, that guy? :sigh:

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: The Fire Hammers came to a stop somewhere in the streets below. Rotor sat in the cockpit and watched carefully, taking a sip of coffee form a nearby mug. "Get us lower," Rotor shouted. Cabin quickly complied. He picked up the microphone. "Blaire Darkling you have thirty seconds to surrender or we will open fire on you. I repeat, you have thirty seconds!"Rotor quickly took his hand off the button. "Lance!" He shouted. "Prepare to fire!"Quickly, Lance placed some extra ammunition into the gun turret in which he sat. As the T-1 hovered there, Scope came to the edge with her rifle. Her boyfriend watched through a pair of binoculars. "He's engaged them!" Lance said. Rotor grinned. "Just as I hoped. OPEN FIRE!"Scope carefully aimed her rifle out of the chopper toward the mysterious Blaire Darkling as a Fire Hammer drove toward him. She aimed right for his chest, and pulled the trigger.At that moment, as the T-1 got closer, Lance started to fire.

OOC: Ehhhh, That Guy, your post seems to have a lot of minor continuity problems that bug me a bit. I get the impression that you took your time to write it out nicely and finely, then you come over here, see that I stole your thunder, and hurry to do minor edits to make it fit. Honestly, it seems like what happened when you wrote the post where Pharisee beat up French Fries. It initially broke continuity entirely with what I, PeabodySam, and Brikman wrote about capturing and throwing the guy in a jail cell, and even its edited version seems a bit mismatching (Rex apparently at French Fries's jail cell when he, in his post, said he wanted him to leave his site after the beatdown he gave).It seems you have the same problem here again. Things like the differences you put for the conversation in the vehicle compared to my post, the fact that avmatoran already wrote Dr. Cyborg as already manning the Xenon launcher while you put everybody in the cab and let Laxus man it, and (this might be a more personal thing) how you're having Solomon being a bit dominating in the conversation, which admittedly could just be him acting as the voice of reason, but still.Not saying that you have to rewrite it or anything, it's rather well done, just that I find it a bit "rubbing the wrong way"-ish. Compliments for deciding on the area of the fight being in a city park, though. Beats my idea of it being in the alleyway around a corner building or something.And don't you dare destroy Andrew's Fire Hammer! He just had it waxed!Also, I regret not having a post where Andrew and Laxus banter about their plans for the future before Brikman had us encounter Blaire.By the way Atton, about your post about your disbelief of there being no post-war chaos, let me reiterate my earlier statement:We are not writing in reality here. We are writing in a LEGO Universe, where people can pull off their limbs (if they're skilled enough), where a zany professor, a ten-year-old boy, and a monkey can travel through time with Hypno-Wheels and nice hats, where an island hospital has two employees who use sharks, trees, and mailboxes in their emergency response, where an evil mastermind somehow has the ability to freeze time itself with literal ice, and where imagination and chaos are embodied in literal forces and entities of power. This is not reality, not even one-eight of an inch from reality, no matter how many depressing and horrifying turns our stories take.Simply put, we're not writing the next Walking Dead here. What we're writing is just one big piece of LEGO fan-fiction. It's just a fun story, and you should really just relax. MST3K Mantra, man.One more thing, guys, let's not go overboard on firing at Blaire Darkling here. Yeah, he's going to be tough to beat, but that doesn't mean he's Immune to Bullets. We don't want to make this too easy, plus we still have Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, Zelda, and Bluetooth in range to be fired upon.

We are not writing in reality here. We are writing in a LEGO Universe, where people can pull off their limbs (if they're skilled enough), where a zany professor, a ten-year-old boy, and a monkey can travel through time with Hypno-Wheels and nice hats, where an island hospital has two employees who use sharks, trees, and mailboxes in their emergency response, where an evil mastermind somehow has the ability to freeze time itself with literal ice, and where imagination and chaos are embodied in literal forces and entities of power. This is not reality, not even one-eight of an inch from reality, no matter how many depressing and horrifying turns our stories take.
OOC: I'm just saying I find it hard to believe that things will just go back to normal that easily. I never said we'd see post-war chaos (okay, probably nothing quite like what Germany was in between World War I and II) but I'd imagine things will be different and that there's a lot of problems that will make rebuilding difficult. I never said they wouldn't find a way around those problems, just that they'd be there.

OOC: Ehhhh, That Guy, your post seems to have a lot of minor continuity problems that bug me a bit. I get the impression that you took your time to write it out nicely and finely, then you come over here, see that I stole your thunder, and hurry to do minor edits to make it fit. Honestly, it seems like what happened when you wrote the post where Pharisee beat up French Fries. It initially broke continuity entirely with what I, PeabodySam, and Brikman wrote about capturing and throwing the guy in a jail cell, and even its edited version seems a bit mismatching (Rex apparently at French Fries's jail cell when he, in his post, said he wanted him to leave his site after the beatdown he gave).It seems you have the same problem here again. Things like the differences you put for the conversation in the vehicle compared to my post, the fact that avmatoran already wrote Dr. Cyborg as already manning the Xenon launcher while you put everybody in the cab and let Laxus man it, and (this might be a more personal thing) how you're having Solomon being a bit dominating in the conversation, which admittedly could just be him acting as the voice of reason, but still.Not saying that you have to rewrite it or anything, it's rather well done, just that I find it a bit "rubbing the wrong way"-ish. Compliments for deciding on the area of the fight being in a city park, though. Beats my idea of it being in the alleyway around a corner building or something.And don't you dare destroy Andrew's Fire Hammer! He just had it waxed!Also, I regret not having a post where Andrew and Laxus banter about their plans for the future before Brikman had us encounter Blaire.By the way Atton, about your post about your disbelief of there being no post-war chaos, let me reiterate my earlier statement:We are not writing in reality here. We are writing in a LEGO Universe, where people can pull off their limbs (if they're skilled enough), where a zany professor, a ten-year-old boy, and a monkey can travel through time with Hypno-Wheels and nice hats, where an island hospital has two employees who use sharks, trees, and mailboxes in their emergency response, where an evil mastermind somehow has the ability to freeze time itself with literal ice, and where imagination and chaos are embodied in literal forces and entities of power. This is not reality, not even one-eight of an inch from reality, no matter how many depressing and horrifying turns our stories take.Simply put, we're not writing the next Walking Dead here. What we're writing is just one big piece of LEGO fan-fiction. It's just a fun story, and you should really just relax. MST3K Mantra, man.One more thing, guys, let's not go overboard on firing at Blaire Darkling here. Yeah, he's going to be tough to beat, but that doesn't mean he's Immune to Bullets. We don't want to make this too easy, plus we still have Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, Zelda, and Bluetooth in range to be fired upon.
OoC:This seems to be a problem I often have. A lot of times I have things I want to say that are necessary for development but I find myself unable to post them before others do. The result usually is me trying to write before, during, and after previous posts in hopes of conveying the events from my character's prospective. A lot of times these things I want so say don't make much seance out of context so I try and fit them into existing dialog, sometimes this works and sometimes it does not.
It seems you have the same problem here again. Things like the differences you put for the conversation in the vehicle compared to my post, the fact that avmatoran already wrote Dr. Cyborg as already manning the Xenon launcher while you put everybody in the cab and let Laxus man it, and (this might be a more personal thing) how you're having Solomon being a bit dominating in the conversation, which admittedly could just be him acting as the voice of reason, but still.
"Dr. Cyborg," Andrew said through the Xenon cannon radio, "If you want to try out your plan, do it quickly. Don't worry, Solomon and Laxus can take over the launcher for you."
Eeeh, this post by you Andrewnuva implies that Dr. Cyborg stopped manning the launcher and would now be manned by ether Solomon or Laxus. Considering that Solomon still had some stuff to say at the time and apparently Dr. Cyborg had a plain I figured Laxus would be the only one available to take over. In this case I thought I made the logical conclusion that Laxus would now be manning the XML.
Not saying that you have to rewrite it or anything, it's rather well done, just that I find it a bit "rubbing the wrong way"-ish. Compliments for deciding on the area of the fight being in a city park, though. Beats my idea of it being in the alleyway around a corner building or something.
I always pictured the fight with Winstin being on a street with buildings on one side and an open space on the other. For some reason I got a NYC central park feel to Brikman's and Jackson's earlier posts. It was implied to be on a street but I don't think manch details were given. Considering A LOT of climactic events have happened on some random street I thought it might be cool if this fight took place on a street adjacent to a park to make it more unique. (That is if Brikman does not mind)
One more thing, guys, let's not go overboard on firing at Blaire Darkling here. Yeah, he's going to be tough to beat, but that doesn't mean he's Immune to Bullets. We don't want to make this too easy, plus we still have Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, Zelda, and Bluetooth in range to be fired upon.
I agree here. Let's remember that at this point it is Brikman's story, if things are altered to much it might inhibit whatever his plains are. We (myself included) should attempt to not change the scenario to much in the event that it messes with Brikman's plains.I think there is some debate about what presentage of the world is Lego. I myself see things about 35:65. Things look real, people look like people and exist in a realistic environment. People bleed and buildings are not made of bricks. On the other hand, the concepts of logic, luck, and ridiculousness are consistent with Lego's ideas. In Lego, surgery can be conducted with a shark and although it is strange it is not unheard of. Thinks like the alien invastions and the agents happen but are treated a little more realistically. I simply find that it's easier to picture drama when people are not square and yellow.Atton Rand seems to see things 5:95. The only hints that his is not a lego world is the existence of of Lego themes. Everything is super realistic and darker elements are used.Andrewnuva appears to be the opposite. He seems to imagine his characters as minifigure and that things are made out of bricks. I would say his percentage is around 90:10.I am interested to know what everyone else sees. Do you picture your characters as minifigures or people in a world inspired by lego (like Exo-force). When we get all the responses we can compile the results and have an official answer. Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: Pretty much on the mark, That Guy. Everything I visualize is in the style of LEGO Island, LEGO City commercials, and any other media LEGO's made of their worlds.And I don't have any problem imagining Minifigs portraying drama. From the CGI movies I've seen, they can be pretty expressive and dramatic. Rock Raiders intro, anyone?

OOC: avmatoran, that sketch is fantastic.

I am interested to know what everyone else sees. Do you picture your characters as minifigures or people in a world inspired by lego (like Exo-force). When we get all the responses we can compile the results and have an official answer.
It's hard for me to pick a percentage, because in my mind, characters seem to exist in a quantum state of simultaneously being minifigs and humans. For instance, I generally picture Hotwire as a minifig unless I am describing or focusing on his missing leg, in which case he has knees. There's also a future scene I've planned which requires me to describe him as having a nose. And sketching him as a human came pretty naturally.PeaSam's and Brikman's characters are the same way in my head. Sommetimes I picture them as humans, sometimes as minfigs, and sometimes it varies within the same post. Atton's characters are all human. Andrewnuva's and avmatoran's characters are all minifigs.that guy's characters are split. I see Hertz as a minifig, Solomon as a humsn (because I can't help but picture one of my own philosophy professors in his place), Lutsky as a minifig, and Dust and Pharisee as humans.Of course, when I actively try to see this as a movie in my head, I force myself to picture everyone one way or another, but this best describes how I react when I'm just reading the posts.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:I'm glad you like it. I must, however, give credit where credit is due. I don't think I specifically said this, but I actually got my friend to draw it. I just sketched out the concept. I'll tell her you like it, though.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:

I'll admit, personally I find it a bit hard to believe that life would just go back to the way it was before everything happened. People expected that to happen just after World War I, but instead got the Spanish Flu Epidemic, shell-shocked soldiers, and women demanding the vote (okay, that's one positive but for the time it was extremely inconvenient and for some sheer horror)- and that's just the winning side (putting it simply if they hadn't been so darn keen to bankrupt Germany as "punishment" for a war they technically didn't start World War II might have never happened). Then again, I guess it was never said that it would be the same. It does make me wonder about about the immediate aftermath though, because I'd imagine that even if the cities are rebuilt fairly quickly there'd be a lot of financial issues, plus probably hundreds of people suffering from PTSD or related psychological conditions, not to mention those who've been wounded to the point where they're not in any position to work (Hotwire's missing leg kinda limits his options somewhat) both of whom will need to be compensated. But before you can build the new city you've got to clear all the rubble of the old one out of the way to make fresh ground for the new buildings- and recover the bodies of fallen agents, and destroy the remaining mutant dinosaurs. And what about those agents who can't quite adjust to civilian life (badman as he is, I can't exactly see Rotor getting a job in an office).
Like Andrewnuva said, MST3K Mantra. At least LEGO City is doomed by canon to recover fairly quickly from the Dino Attack. Other places, such as LEGO Town (which isn't used by LEGO at all anymore) or Mt. Bricklake (a town created by Toa Spartan Antraka Hunter) might take longer. In the case of places like LEGO Island (cleared of Mutant Dinos), reconstruction has already begun and, in LEGO Island's probable case (thanks to the Constructopedia) completed. And that, since this is LEGO, rebuilding is rather easy because bricks are reusable.And the thing is, Rotor doesn't have to adjust to civilian life. There's the Alpha Team, the Agents, the LEGOLAND Military and for off planet, the Nexus Force, Space Police, Unitron, and more. And considering that in 2011 the Alien Conquest begins and the conversation between Vinyaya and Bluetooth strongly hints at the Dino Attack Team becoming the Alien Defense Unit (and branching off into the "Dino Team" that forms when dinosaurs attack again in 2012), Rotor will have plenty of professions available so he can keep being a badman.
snapback.pngAndrewnuva199, on Sep 22 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:One more thing, guys, let's not go overboard on firing at Blaire Darkling here. Yeah, he's going to be tough to beat, but that doesn't mean he's Immune to Bullets. We don't want to make this too easy, plus we still have Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, Zelda, and Bluetooth in range to be fired upon.I agree here. Let's remember that at this point it is Brikman's story, if things are altered to much it might inhibit whatever his plains are. We (myself included) should attempt to not change the scenario to much in the event that it messes with Brikman's plains.
Took the words out of my mouth. Indeed, Blaire is powerful, being assaulted by heavy artillery from both a Fire Hammer and T-1 Typhoon is a little overboard.
I am interested to know what everyone else sees. Do you picture your characters as minifigures or people in a world inspired by lego (like Exo-force). When we get all the responses we can compile the results and have an official answer.
I think my opinion mostly matches Jackson's. For the most part, everything is obviously and completely LEGO. I see my characters as Minifigs for the most part, but have little issue seeing them as human (as I drew/am drawing human post-final battle pictures of Zach, Minerva, Nazareno, Vinyaya, and Zelda and a scientist and Sorcerer version of Human!Provencal). Expies and Ersatz are a little more difficult in seeing as minifig (I see Marco Martinet as Dr. Mario and Blaire Darkling as Blaire Vherestorm with white hair).Visuals also help sway my opinion. If there's a picture on the wiki, I generally write with that in mind. Even after the new picture, I see characters in a G.E. Body as taller and more "human" like than Minifigs because of the original pictures. Official characters are naturally all seen in Minifig form. And finding those rare, dramatic brickfilms on the website of video hosting, also help me see Minifigs in serious drama and warfare with blood and death.So I'd say mostly LEGO with a hint of realism.IC:Zach watched as Blaire rolled to the side as T-1 Typhoon fire from above rained upon him. He nodded quickly to Minerva and the two began firing everything they could at Darkling. Blaire took a few shots with his pistol at them before taking cover behind a jungle gym with various prehistoric vegetation growing on."Light it up!" Zach yelled. The T-1 Typhoon fired several rockets at the playground, blowing it to bits. Zach wasn't willing to bet on Blaire being dead, however. Not until he saw corpse himself."Here!" Vinyaya suddenly yelled. Zach turned his head and saw Vinyaya firing several blasts at Blaire, who was rushing at her. She swung the Cosmotronic Ray fierecly. Blaire snapped it in his hand and tossed it aside before throwing a punch. Vinyaya caught the fist and swung her now free hand out to punch Blaire, only for him to swing his arm out to redirect it away from him."You know, I have yet to catch your name," Blaire said. Vinyaya shoved him away and raised her fists, a cold frown on her face. Blaire stepped forward and began throwing rapid fire punches at Vinyaya. The Space Police commando raised her arms and knocked away each punch that came. Blaire suddenly began to move slowly around Vinyaya as he attacked, forcing Vinyaya to adjust herself so she could attack and defend."He's using her as a shield," Zach muttered to Minerva. Blaire positioned Vinyaya in front of him so they couldn't shoot him if they didn't want to kill Vinyaya as well."We still have Pterisa and Rotor up there," Minerva said. Then, "I've shot Holly with a Sonic Screamer before, when you were a Stromling. It won't kill her. Then we can knock out Blaire.""Or he'll just finish her off while she unconscious," Zach pointed out. "Or forcibly use her body as a shield.""Right, bad idea. And thinking about it now, having Rotor taking them out from the sky at the moment doesn't seem bright." That was also true. The heavy weapons on the T-1 Typhoon would kill both Blaire and Vinyaya. Which was why Andrew's Fire Hammer, which was nearby, had held off its charge and its Xenon Launcher wasn't firing. Zach grimaced as he saw the weapons on Rotor's T-1 began to rotate."I swear to Builder," Bluetooth muttered darkly as he approached the group, now holding Blaire's rocket launcher with his Z-1 Kinetic Launcher. "If he does something stupid to kill him and hurts Holly..." Zach and Minerva didn't say anything, but were silently agreeing to Bluetooth's ominous threat. It seemed someone talked some sense into Rotor, because the weapons stopped rotating. Instead, the piercing sound of a sniper fire shattered through the air. The bullet struck near Vinyaya and Blaire's feet; a little too close for comfort."Right now," Minerva said as she glanced upward. "Rotor should leave the air assault to Pterisa." The Hybrid soared above them and rose high into the air, above Vinyaya and Blaire. A bright blue spark shot from her hands and struck Blaire's back. Instead of falling, he merely stumbled. He swung his arm into Vinyaya's chest, knocking her back as he pulled his gun out and pointed it at Pterisa."Ah!" Blaire snarled. "The Quasifigus pterisa! It has been a while. I knew better to take on three extremely angry Hybrids rejects at once, but now," he gestured to the agents surrounding him. "Seeing as the odds are decreasing rapidly in success, I think I'll finish the job that 'Wallace Bishop' would not!" His pistol lit up as he opened fire on the Hybrid. Pterisa preformed numerous, spectacular aerobatics in the sky while firing streaks of lightning at her attacker. Zach though he saw Blaire's smirk widen briefly before Vinyaya was suddenly back on her feet and wrapped Blaire up in a football tackle.As they watched the struggle, Pterisa suddenly landed near them, clutching her right shoulder. Minerva gasped as she saw the barest hint of blood seeping down her armor. "Pterisa! Are you-""I'm fine," Pterisa grimaced in pain. "I think I'll live. But Mr. Darkling over here won't soon enough." They turned their attention back to the fight as Vinyaya punched Blaire hard in the face. Frowning as parent would to a disobedient child, Blaire grabbed Vinyaya's arm and twisted it behind her back. Vinyaya gasped and grimaced as Blaire scoffed."How about that name now?" Blaire snarled, twisting Vinyaya's arm harder. She grimaced and sharply kicked him in the stomach. He responded by swinging his fist into the left side of her face."Vinyaya..." she gasped, a deep scowl on her face. "Holly Vinyaya.""Well then, Commander Vinyaya, I've noticed these scars on your face. Acidic right? Rather recent, would you say?" Zach saw a flash of fear in Vinyaya's eye. "So I imagine this would hurt, correct?" With that, Blaire swung his fist into Vinyaya's right cheek. She flinched, her lip shaking as her left eye began to water. Blaire made a task sound, clearly disappointed. "Let me try that again." With that, he slammed his fist into her scars again. A barely audible gasp of pain escaped Vinyaya's lips."Admittedly," Blaire said with a shrug. "I expected this to hurt a lot more.""Imagination fallout," Vinyaya snarled, her voice somewhat weak. "Dimmed the pain.""Of course," Blaire said darkly. "I'll just hit harder, then." At that point, Bluetooth was running at Blaire with a furious look on his face. He fired one blast from his Z-1 that soared over the assassin's head. Without tilting his head away from Vinyaya, Blaire punched Bluetooth in the stomach, causing him to double over, dropping both weapons. Blaire then wrapped his hand underneath Bluetooth's chin and lifted him into the air. Blaire glanced from Vinyaya to Bluetooth, an amused grin dancing across his face."How amusing," Blaire said. "I disagreed with Michelle Glados with many a thing, but there was one thing I could agree on: these emotions and attachments to other Minifigs are weak and foolish. I abandoned all my past connections so nothing could be used against me." He slammed Bluetooth's head hard against the wet grass of the park. Vinyaya gasped again, an mixture of fear and anger on her face. "It is only something to be used to break your morale and spirit." Bluetooth's head slammed against the ground again and Blaire released him, only to stomp on his chest. Bluetooth groaned and glared at Blaire with hatred."Now," Blaire said, pulling Vinyaya close to him and pulling his gun on Bluetooth. "Who would be broken more if I killed the other, hmm?" Pterisa quickly jumped into the air and fired a bolt of lightning at the ground near Blaire. He flinched, allowing Vinyaya to swing her arm into Blaire's face. He dropped Vinyaya and started firing at Pterisa again. As Vinyaya helped Bluetooth to his feet and stepped back, Zach, Minerva, Andrew's Fire Hammer, and Rotor's T-1 Typhoon opened fire on Darkling.Blaire roared in anger and snapped up the Space Marauder rocket launcher that Bluetooth had dropped. As he ran and dodged the firepower, he fired one rocket upward at the T-1 Typhoon and another at the Fire Hammer. Zach didn't bother seeing if the rockets met their mark. As Blaire ran, he suddenly paused and jolted in surprise as a new gunshot echoed through the air. Everyone seized fire briefly as Blaire turned his head.Zelda Frodongan stood next to Zach, a smoking pistol in her hands and a dark scowl on her face. That smirk appeared on Blaire's face again. "Tsk tsk, Miss Frodongan. Bulletproof vest, remember? You're going to have to get closer and do better than that."Zach took this oppertunity to drop his Cosmotronic Ray and fire a Maelstrom fireball at Darkling. He flinched as Maelstrom slammed into his person. "Ah, Mr. Virchaus. I could guess you would be apart of this party. I suppose we do have loose ends to tie up from earlier." Blaire fired his gun twice at Zach, who blocked each bullet with a Maelstrom shield. He then tossed several more fireballs at Blaire.The former assassin dodged the blasts with ease. As the last one came at him, he extended his hand and caught the fireball. Blaire chuckled as he choked the fire out in his glove. "Disappointing, Mr. Virchaus. Hiding behind the Maelstrom?" Zach scowled, growing angrier as he sent another fireball at Darkling. He choked that one out as well. Blaire shook his head, smiling arrogantly as he fired another shot at Zach. Zach closed his eyes and watched as purple electricity shot from his fingers and struck Blaire's face.Blaire screamed in pain and fell forward to his knees. As he fell, his sunglasses fell into the grass with a soft thump in two pieces. Everyone stared for a few seconds as Blaire began to rise to his feet. Zach gasped audibly as he looked upon Blaire Darkling's eyes.There was little white around his irises. They were a light tint of red and had dark red veins with flecks of purple traveling from the corners of his eyes to his sickly pale yellow irises that also showed the barest hint of purple. In those sickly, Maelstrom-infected eyes Zach saw nothing but pure hatred. Blaire bared his teeth, his grotesque eyes never leaving Zach's."Imagine the pain I felt," Darkling hissed. "When the Maelstrom Temple was created almost a year ago. When the Maelstrom Crystal and the Imagination reacted...negatively. Bolts of Maelstrom energy went directly into my eyes. It was...agonizing. If not for the work of the nearby scientists, I would've gone blind from that attack. The sunglasses saved you from seeing them. Since you were so kind to destroy the sunglasses, I suppose you'll have to die with my eyes being the last thing you see." And with that ultimatum, Blaire Darkling rushed forward to attack.

Like Andrewnuva said, MST3K Mantra. At least LEGO City is doomed by canon to recover fairly quickly from the Dino Attack. Other places, such as LEGO Town (which isn't used by LEGO at all anymore) or Mt. Bricklake (a town created by Toa Spartan Antraka Hunter) might take longer. In the case of places like LEGO Island (cleared of Mutant Dinos), reconstruction has already begun and, in LEGO Island's probable case (thanks to the Constructopedia) completed. And that, since this is LEGO, rebuilding is rather easy because bricks are reusable.
OOC: Okay then. What about all the surviving agents who are physically or psychologically unable to function? After all circumstances like this would leave anyone who is still physically intact at least a little bit. Personally I could actually see Kate getting some form of PTSD eventually (even with help from her mother), and once things quiet down a bit I could see Sarah starting to show some mental scarring as well (even if she was trying to protect her daughter she still committed murder, and bludgeoned an innocent bystander at least once). And like I said, good luck restarting the economy, what with all the money that probably went into funding the team and the fact that most businesses probably went bankrupt due to, you know, their employees being evacuated and their offices being destroyed. IC: Scope fired another round, which seemed to hit, but did no damage."He's got a bullet proof vest!" She said.Jackson lowered his binoculars. "Try aiming for the head?" He suggested. "You think you can do that?"Scope nodded and looked back through her... well... scope toward Blair.OOC: It just seemed like the logical conclusion. Technically under the circumstances Snipers are generally trained to aim for the torso as that's the largest part of the body and thus the part that when shot at is most likely to actually get hit, but when that's rendered impossible by the person wearing a bullet proof vest (I'm not sure if there's a way around that or not, but even if there is a special type of bullet I'm pretty sure they don't have it) it makes sense they'd go for a plan B by aiming towards a vulnerable part, if a smaller and harder to hit part of his body.I did have one idea for how to resolve this, but I don't want to mess up Brickman's story with a sudden visit by everybody's favourite demolitions expert, so I'm not sure if I should do it or not. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Okay then. What about all the surviving agents who are physically or psychologically unable to function? After all circumstances like this would leave anyone who is still physically intact at least a little bit. Personally I could actually see Kate getting some form of PTSD eventually (even with help from her mother), and once things quiet down a bit I could see Sarah starting to show some mental scarring as well (even if she was trying to protect her daughter she still committed murder, and bludgeoned an innocent bystander at least once). And like I said, good luck restarting the economy, what with all the money that probably went into funding the team and the fact that most businesses probably went bankrupt due to, you know, their employees being evacuated and their offices being destroyed.
OOC: You're thinking too hard, this is why Brikman and I are repeating MST3K Mantra over and over. You keep treating this like a real-life post-apoclyptic story in the way more professional authors might, while most of us are treating it like a regular old LEGO story.Has LEGO storyline ever dealt with real-life economics? Did Alpha Team or Agents ever dive into the the economic costs LEGO City and the rest of the world might face from Ogel or Dr. Inferno's anctics? Did Alien Conquest deal with the post-traumatic stress disorder for the civilians surviving alien attack? Did Rock Raiders focus on the angst the crew might have from being separated from home with the possibility that they may never make it back home?No. No they didn't. And that's why almost none of us are focusing on it either. And that's why we're advising you to take it easy. Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC:And, on a smaller scale, an instance only I would think of: You would think waking up one day, less minifig than machine, would mentally affect someone for the worse, wouldn't it? Yet Dr. Cyborg just brushed it off and kept going with no adverse mental affects. This is Lego, it is a rule it has to be unrealistic. By the way, what does MST3K Mantra even mean?IC:Dr. Cyborg jumped off the Fire Hammer, which soon continued to fire at Darkling as someone took over the XMM launcher. He pulled behind a fruit stand and stood still. He needed to concentrate to try this new trick. He concentrated on shifting only his left hand into combat mode. After two or three tries, he finally got the shield generator out and active.He activated the shield, but not in the standard rectangle. On a whim, he made it more diamond shaped, with the two side points higher up on the shield. After some thought, he made the hard light that it was made out of different colors. The base of the shield was blue, and the rim was silver. He added some decoration to it in the form of a red bird, and a yellow triangle made of three other triangles above the bird.He pulled out his energy sword hilt, which had been stained purple from the Maelstrom corruption it once endured. To make it match his shield in the same joke, he shaped the energy near the base into wings that appeared to be part of the hilt, and made them purple. He added a yellow gem in the middle. He made the blade a simple silver, but added the same triangle near the hilt. From a distance, the sword and shield would appear to be made of metal, but close examination would reveal them to be hard light.He heard Blaire's rocket launcher stop firing for a second, and jumped out from behind the fruit stand. "Hey, Blaire!" he yelled. "How about fighting with swords?"OOC:So I've been playing a lot of Skyward Sword lately. Sue me. Incidentally, I finally beat Demise! Go me!

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: By the way, what does MST3K Mantra even mean?
Comes from the lyrics for the theme song for the show Mystery Science Theater 3000. The mantra is basically this:"If you're wondering how he eats and breathesAnd other science facts (la la la!)Just repeat to yourself 'it's just a showI should really just relax!'"If any of you guys haven't already, you MUST watch this show. You can easily find the episodes online. It's hilarity and terrible films at their best.IC: "Darnit, why didn't Bluetooth keep that rocket launcher away from him?!"Andrew only just managed to avoid being hit by the rocket fire, steering sharply backwards to the right to avoid the shot. By now, he was getting peeved. He was not feeling up to being taken down so easily by some madman thought he could just kill everything and solve all his problems."How much ammo does that thing even have?!" Laxus asked."To make a long explanation short," Solomon said, "Paradox guns uses a lot of experimental TRDS Load Compression fields to contain large amounts of ammo in their handful of conventional weaponry. Don't ask me how it works, it'd take hours to explain.""Whatever," As he thought over what the next stragedy might be and watched as Zach and Blaire got into a Maelstrom scuffle, he asked "So what's our plans for life after all this? Once things are cleaned up with the Mutant Dinos and everything.""Think I might return to business working with the aero tubes manufactures I work with back home," Laxus said over the radio to the Xenon launcher. "I bet with all the things needing reconstruction, corporations should be more able to install new transportation systems.""You mentioned that once, I think, yeah. Would be interesting to see those tubes cojoining the subways for quick transportation. As for me..." Andrew's thoughts difted, not really thinking of much at first, but then he remembered one of the earliest conversations he had had with the likes of Bluetooth. "Hmm.. don't really know, I'd like to travel a bit through the stars, actually. Settle on another planet, see new planets and all.""Really? Hmmm... you know, I bet I could help make that happen.""Really?!" Andrew's heart took a slight leap. He knew Laxus had friends with people up in space to be able to be on Earth when the Dino Attack, but being willing to do that... he had considered, it but thinking that Laxus would offer it first hadn't crossed him, even after all their time bonding.The cry Blaire gave while charging at Zach interrupted Andrew's moment. "Eh, yeah," said Laxus, "but let's finish that conversation later, we have other matters to worry about."OOC: Going along with something mentioned earlier, I do think we should all find a way to keep in touch after all is said and done. I know Atton, PeabodySam and I are all on Steam, that Brikman, PeabodySam, Jackson, and I are on a certain art site, and that Brikman, Jackson, Atton, PeabodySam and I are on a certain video site, but I don't know about the rest of us and any other particular sites. Anyone have good ideas for what we could all use to keep in contact? Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: By the way, what does MST3K Mantra even mean?
Comes from the lyrics for the theme song for the show Mystery Science Theater 3000. The mantra is basically this:"If you're wondering how he eats and breathesAnd other science facts (la la la!)Just repeat to yourself 'it's just a showI should really just relax!'"
OOC: I just looked up that theme. The problem with those lyrics is that there actually is a rational explanation to those questions. Presumably his spaceship/station/whatever thingy he lives in already has food rations to last for long periods of time (come on, they've done that since the Apollo Missions- it's hardly anything new), and presumably the spaceship has equipment designed to circulate the air so he can breathe. Sure, maybe the show never really goes into the exact mechanics of how each and every little piece of technology works the same way an Arthur C. Clarke novel would, but it still makes sense.Now I just got to figure out this whole Blaire Darkling thing. I'd like to make a move, but I'm worried about messing up everybody's plans. I thought about having Firecracker show up to save the day (and possibly redeem himself in the process), but I'm thinking that might get in the way of people's plans.EDIT: I have a brilliant idea.IC: Another shot was fired by Scope and missed. "Can't we just blast him with the rockets?" Cabin asked."I'm afraid we can't," replied Rotor. "If we do that we run the risk of hitting our own!""I could take him!" Angel Eyes said. "There's a few of us who could get him if we can get down on the ground!"Sure enough, the helicopter came down, and a small group of people climbed out and split up.The noise of spurs echoed through the street as Blaire aimed his rocket launcher, only to get an unexpected surprise when a bullet flew right through it. He lowered the gun to see a tall, thin, bearded man with a revolver pointed right at him. Suddenly a gun cocked behind Blaire, he turned to see a tall, thin, mean-looking gunslinger with a thick mustache, clad in black and armed with a rifle. "Drop the gun," he said. Edited by Atton Rand

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathesAnd other science facts (la la la!)Just repeat to yourself 'it's just a showI should really just relax!'"
OOC: I just looked up that theme. The problem with those lyrics is that there actually is a rational explanation to those questions. Presumably his spaceship/station/whatever thingy he lives in already has food rations to last for long periods of time (come on, they've done that since the Apollo Missions- it's hardly anything new), and presumably the spaceship has equipment designed to circulate the air so he can breathe. Sure, maybe the show never really goes into the exact mechanics of how each and every little piece of technology works the same way an Arthur C. Clarke novel would, but it still makes sense.
OOC: That's beside the point. I hardly think that many people were curious about how they lived on the darn satellite of love. They just came to watch a guy and some robots make fun of bad movies.Look at the second half of the lyrics again. The point is that you shouldn't overworry about the logistics and technicals of a story's setting. Just relax and enjoy the fun focus of it: Minifigs beating up giant mutated lizards and the evil dudes who helped make them.

Look at the second half of the lyrics again. The point is that you shouldn't overworry about the logistics and technicals of a story's setting. Just relax and enjoy the fun focus of it: Minifigs beating up giant mutated lizards and the evil dudes who helped make them.
OOC: You say this like we're writing a standard LEGO story, but we're not. Sure it's based on LEGO, but we've taken an awful lot of chances already. I mean if this story was actually written by the LEGO Company do you really think it would have things like references to alcohol, smoking, sexism, homophobia, and mass genocide? I don't think so, and to a certain degree I can understand why they don't put such things into their official products, given they're aimed toward children. After all making a character explicitly homosexual could get them into conflict with religious groups, but doing something glorifying homophobia would get them in trouble with everyone else (though then again, LEGO never said that there weren't such things as homosexuals in their lines, and their characters are normally generic enough that players can given them whatever name and backstory they want... I guess it's really just a matter of whose playing).And it certainly wouldn't have as much death and destruction as we've seen already. Being optimistic is one thing. Having it end with an instantaneous "happily ever after" is another. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Everything can be rebuilt rather quickly, since we are dealing in a LEGO Universe, regardless of how you see it in your head. The costs of the team can mostly be explained away with "if you don't donate the resources needed for an army of tanks, jeeps, and helicopters to fight dinosaurs, you'll all die." And nobody really said anything about people not suffering from mental scarring from the war.All of this mental scarring and possible economic issues could very well happen. In the long term. Saying that it is the dusk of December 21, 2010, the final moments of the RPG are focusing on the ten days after the war. We're not dealing with what will happen on the planet months from now. You're more than free to visualize how the planet will be in several months, but that isn't and probably won't ever be the focus of the RPG.Now:

Now I just got to figure out this whole Blaire Darkling thing. I'd like to make a move, but I'm worried about messing up everybody's plans. I thought about having Firecracker show up to save the day (and possibly redeem himself in the process), but I'm thinking that might get in the way of people's plans.
I think I'm the only one that has a plan with the fight against Blaire, to tell you the truth. You, Andrewnuva, that guy, and avmatoran's characters are mostly along for the ride to help fight. Anyone, I do have a plan (kind of), and it certainly doesn't need (or really want, to tell you the truth) Firecracker involved. Sorry.IC:Blaire's red eyes narrowed curtly as he stared at the barrel of the gun Angel Eyes' held in his hands. Zach let out slow sigh as he released the grip on his knife he was about to pull from his uniform to attack Blaire with."As you wish," Blaire snarled. He swung the rocket launcher up, knocking the rifle away and then swung the rocket launcher into Angel Eyes' leg, bringing him down. Discarding the rocket launcher, Blaire ducked quickly as Clint Wayne fired a bullet of his head. Blaire sweeped his leg across the ground, tripping the gunslinger. Blaire casually stood up and kicked the revolver away from Clint Wayne."Please," Blaire scoffed, arrogantly brushing dirt off his trenchcoat. "Like I haven't been in a situation like that before." Blaire then stepped over Wayne as several bullets from the surrounding group shot toward him. Blaire took a few careless shots with his pistol before pulling his katana out and charging at Zach again."Shoot," Zach muttered, ripping the knife from his uniform. The smaller blade collided hard against Blaire's katana. The former leader of XERRD's piercing eyes widened and a grin of sick amusement formed on his face."A knife will do little to help you, Virchaus," Blaire spat. He brought the katana back and swung again. Zach staggered as the blade collided with the knife. He brought the sword back to stab when Minerva suddenly burst forward and slammed her shoulder into Blaire's. Despite her small size, Blaire was unprepared for the attack and stumbled.Blaire turned and swung the katana upward in a wide arc, knocking away Minerva's Sonic Screamer. "Miss Fabello," he said politely. "So it seems the death of your mother and presumably your brother have not entirely hindered you. I admire that. To an extent.""Shut up," Minerva said shortly, her fists raised. "You're just as much to blame for her death as Oswald. You helped him break her out of Napoleon XIV. You brought her here."Darkling shrugged. "I suppose I did, didn't I? I was pitying him mostly. His insanity was rather...evident at that point." He jabbed his sword forward. Minerva quickly jerked her body to the side and swung a hard punch into Blaire's face. Unamused, Blaire swung his arm in the side of her face and prepared to stab the sword down. Minerva kicked her legs up, hitting underneath his chin. Blaire grunted in pain and brought his foot up. Minerva rolled out of the way as Blaire's boot slammed into the ground.Blaire turned to pursue her when he saw Dr. Cyborg standing before him, a metal shield and sword in his hands. Blaire scoffed coldly. His eyes seemed to brighten. "Dr. Cyrista. You never crossed me as one for swordplay." Blaire frowned. "You know, I made you second-in-command of XERRD for the very purpose that, when I killed Nazareno, you would continue to reform XERRD. Having me kill you here kind of makes the promotion redundant."Blaire swung his katana at Dr. Cyborg, who blocked it with the shield. Blaire smirked and pulled off a series of complicated attacks at Dr. Cyborg. The cyborg Dino Attack agent was apparently caught off guard by Blaire's attack and was being forced back by Darkling.Minerva shook Zach's shoulders, snapping him out of stupor. She had her Sonic Screamer in hand again. "Remember Dr. Cyborg's plan?" Zach nodded and picked his Cosmotronic Ray back up. He saw Vinyaya and Bluetooth point their Cosmotronic Ray and Z-1 Kinetic Launcher at Blaire. The plan seems to have been passed on to Clint Wayne and Angel Eyes, who both pointed their weapons at Darkling as well."Excellent plan," Blaire said arrogantly. Dr. Cyborg recovered at that moment and launched a quick attack against Blaire. His reflexes were certainly fast thanks to his half-machineself, but compared to Blaire's, they were shockingly on par. A sinking feeling formed in Zach's stomach as Blaire blocked the blurry attacks with ease, a bored look on his face. He was naturally that quick. Blaire was also moving around Dr. Cyborg as he attacked. "Yes, have Dr. Cyrista distract me while you all shoot. How ingenious."Blaire slammed his sword into Dr. Cyborg's and brought his person closer to his enemy. With a smirk, Blaire slammed his gloved fist into Dr. Cyborg's helmet visor, cracking it. He swung his fist again, finally shattering. On the organic side of Dr. Cyborg's face expressed surprise. Dr. Cyborg swung his shield against Blaire's chest, causing him to stumble back. Dr. Cyborg ran forward to attack. Blaire spun around the doctor with ease and swung his sword down. Dr. Cyborg barely turned himself around in time to stop the attack.Zach was trying to get a good shot on Blaire, but he was moving around enough to put both Dr. Cyborg and other attackers surrounding Blaire in danger. Clint Wayne squeezed off two shots, one barely missing Dr. Cyborg while the other grazed Blaire's shoulder. It didn't stop that latter, however.Blaire slammed his katana against Dr. Cyborg's sword. Blaire twisted his body and swung an elbow into Dr. Cyborg's organic side of his face. Dr. Cyborg grimaced, allowing Blaire to swing his foot into Dr. Cyborg's stomach, forcing him back. With a bored smirk, Blaire stabbed his katana forward, intending to inflict the killing blow.Only he didn't. His sword was redirected into the ground by a golden blade. Blaire's eyes widened, almost as if the ghost of Nazareno himself had stopped his attack. Traveling up the blade, Blaire's eyes rested upon Zelda Frodongan, a look of barely contained anger in her eye. A wide smirk formed on Blaire's face as he brought his sword back and pointed it at Zelda. Zelda merely reached for her second sword and pointed both blades at Darkling."Let's finish this," she said darkly before lunging in to attack.

OOC:You might want to remember that Dr. Cyborg already challenged Blaire, Atton Rand.Well, I'm here, and I also have access to my friend's account on that one art site you others are on. I do have an email address, but I'm not giving that out, nor am I giving out my *ERROR: UNALLOWED VIDEO SITE* account name! But, to get in touch with me, BZP will do, and so will CompliantCraft. If I ever get Steam or Minecraft, I'll let you guys know.EDIT: Ouch. I get the feeling that the attack method Darkling used was brought on by my reasoning for attacking him. Hm. Food for thought. I'll IC once I develop a response.EDIT EDIT: I got a little right now.IC:Dr. Cyborg was the least little bit surprised. He had found a natural equal! Okay, maybe Solomon had a point. He stood slouched for a second, recovering his breath, when Zelda jumped in front of him.He squinted his eye, unused to the bright light. Having his natural face always hidden under a dark HUD visor had made his face pale and weakened his eye.When he had fully recovered a second later, he stood up beside Zelda, who was about to start round 3. "News flashes, Darkling: I don't intend to die, and I am Dr. Cyborg!" he said defiantly.OOC:I did have a little bit of a plan.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Didn't quite work?" Maria said. "Time for plan B!""What's that?" Andrea asked turning toward her. Maria smiled and turned toward Pyro, who displayed a menacing grin.Putting on his mask, and helmet, Pyro jumped out of the helicopter and started spreading his flamethrower everywhere. Maria reached for her belt and grabbed a revolver as her girlfriend's father charged blindly toward the action, shouting an incomprehensible battle cry."You should have seen him in the fire department," Andrea remarked with a slight smirk. "He always wore those gas masks at the scene of a fire, regardless of how serious it was. I have no idea how his co-workers understood a word he was saying.""How'd he end up like that?" Maria asked."I don't know," replied Andrea."What do you say we get out there and give 'em boys a hand?" Andrea smiled as Maria stepped jumped out of the T-1 Typhoon and aimed her revolver toward Blaire. In all the chaos sneaking up on Blair wasn't too hard- he was one man surrounded by several people- the real challenge was getting a hit. Andrea was climbing out of the chopper moments later with an unusual weapon, and when Blaire's back was turned, she charged toward him, holding a large red fire axe.OOC: Awesomeness. Pyria is now a battle couple.

OOC: You, Andrewnuva, that guy, and avmatoran's characters are mostly along for the ride to help fight.
OOC: And to pop our monocles out of our eyes and declaire "I say, fine fellows! That hooligan Blaire Darkling is far too absurdly adept at gymnastics to be severely impacted by our projectile-based weapondary! I suppose all we can do is keep ourselves able and ready in case things get dodgy, and simply have a sip of tea and observe the spectacle, eh chaps?"

OOC: You, Andrewnuva, that guy, and avmatoran's characters are mostly along for the ride to help fight.
OOC: And to pop our monocles out of our eyes and declaire "I say, fine fellows! That hooligan Blaire Darkling is far too absurdly adept at gymnastics to be severely impacted by our projectile-based weapondary! I suppose all we can do is keep ourselves able and ready in case things get dodgy, and simply have a sip of tea and observe the spectacle, eh chaps?"
OoC:I can't help note the conservative ninjutsu taking place here. To spite the fact that Blair is outnumbered by over a dozen agents (Solomon, Dr. Cyborg, Zelda, Zach, Vunyaya, and Minerva being skilled close quarters fighters) he only ever fights one or two at a time. This on top of the fact that they could all just mow him down aside, I must agree with Andrewnuva that this is somewhat humorous.It is slightly funny that Solomon, Andrew, Laxus, and Bluetooth would take the time to discus their future in the middle of driving a Fire Hammer in the rain during the epic fight. The whole thing felt so nonchalant, I might need to contribute to that latter...As for the realism of the RPG, the rule I have mostly been fallowing is that events created by players are viewed realistically. Existing LEGO canon like the dino attack and it's aftermath is treated to a good dosage of the MST3K mantra.I'll probably do Hertz post soon fallowed by Solomon. I was not intending to do anymore Pharisee but considering how difficult Atton Rand is being I might need to reconsider.

That is all

OOC:

Heh, yeah. The big problem is that I had originally intended only Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda going after Blaire. Then I...I don't know, got spineless, I suppose. Dr. Cyborg wanted to come along for the ride, and then, despite knowing better, adding Andrewnuva's cast. And then Solomon. And then Atton Rand's large cast came in. It's really sort turning Blaire into a God Mode Villain Sue-type character, something I want to avoid. He should be dead, but I have to milk this last fight for all the drama its worth. Now that more people are hitting the ground, it's becoming a bit unrealistic, even more my more lax tastes.Obviously, I'm just going to have to separate my cast from everyone else and fix my mistake. Give me a bit to come up with an idea.

OOC:
Heh, yeah. The big problem is that I had originally intended only Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda going after Blaire. Then I...I don't know, got spineless, I suppose. Dr. Cyborg wanted to come along for the ride, and then, despite knowing better, adding Andrewnuva's cast. And then Solomon. And then Atton Rand's large cast came in. It's really sort turning Blaire into a God Mode Villain Sue-type character, something I want to avoid. He should be dead, but I have to milk this last fight for all the drama its worth. Now that more people are hitting the ground, it's becoming a bit unrealistic, even more my more lax tastes.Obviously, I'm just going to have to separate my cast from everyone else and fix my mistake. Give me a bit to come up with an idea.
OOC: Well, the main reason I came in was because Rotor had already been going after Blaire only to be diverted by the final battle against Dr. Rex. Since I started that plot thread I figured I might as well finish it. Besides, it's not like I really have much else to be doing. And if this guy is really as bad as people make him out to be than it makes sense that they'd send as many people as possible in order to ensure he doesn't get away. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Yeah, I have to admit, I wasn't personally very interested in having Andrew's group join you guys. But I figured that their personalities would mean that anything other than accepting your offer would sound rather out of character for them, considering our casts' relationships with each other.Then again, maybe I shouldn't have written my guys as coming over to you to say hi. That probably got us both stuck in a corner.Though to be fair, I think Blaire would be smart enough to know to stay relatively close to his adversaries to disable fire from the vehicles while continuously moving to make shooting him with handheld weapondary much harder to do without accidently hurting someone. And you have implied a lot about his skill, so perhaps he's been through even worse scenerios than the ones our characters are putting him in. Not to mention he does seem to be going slightly mad here, so he's possibly even more unpredictable and twichy than before, making him even tougher. Just my two cents.