Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: "What is he thinking?" Laxus asked incredulously. "I can tell that this Brickhouse was a guy he was close with"Zach has a bit of a habit with grudges with those who take on his friends," said Minerva. "Dr. Provencal learned that lesson well, I gather.""Well, he better not get himself killed over it," Andrew said with a bit of half-serious annoyance. "We've fought hard for his sake for awhile now, I'd hate to see him die in a fit of vengeance.""Joike's keeping an eye on him, though," said Laxus. "If he gets into trouble, he should be able to come to his aid. Mentioned something about 'the Timmy incident' and getting a broom just in case, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.""Yeah, he probably does," said Andrew. "Now-"Just then, the radio came in with Semick's voice. "Andrew, do you have a moment?""Well, I am driving a semi-durable vehicle in the middle of the front lines of the battle area," Andrew said, watching as he saw a teal-and-black Urban Avenger rush by in pursuit of two Mutant Raptors, "but I can still talk. Hope that isn't the same hazard category as phone-using while driving.""I'm sure it isn't. Now, with the Dr. Rex development, it seems logical to conclude that the only way we can stop him at the moment is to try some of the tricks we used in the Maelstrom encounters in Adventurers Island. From what I understand, what was key to beating him in the Maelstrom temple was a good amount of creativity, am I right?""Uh, sure, yeah. Some creative thinking and determined standoff managed to empower that Imagination orb back at the temple to drive the Vortex away, though i think Dr. Einstein's sacrifice played a good deal of a role as well.""As I've heard. Well, in this situation, I know we don't have a Maelstrom orb on us, so we're going to have to try some other method to stop whatever's giving Dr. Rex his boost. Any tips?"Andrew sat back a little bit as he thought. "Well, I remember utilizing various facts about building to help empower my creative will at the time, along with perhaps annoying the Darkitect as a side effect. Didn't really use much else against the Stormlings except shooting them.""Well, I'd think we'd need every gun we have to shoot Dr. Rex down in his state, and even that may not be enough. We'll have to do something outside the box, I know that much. Stun him, trap him, shoot him into space..."As Semick continued to speculate, Andrew saw a Fire Hammer by at breakneck speed not too far from him. He wondered briefly what trouble the driver might be in and how to act, but was stopped when he felt his steering wheel start to vibrate from something other than the rickity roads he was driving over."Oh my Builder..." he heard Catless say via comn from the Xenon turret."Looks like we're about to hit a major low point," said Pterisa. "We best prepare ourselves.""What are you-" Andrew began, but was stopped as he saw from his door what was passing by some distance from his left."... this is bad," he uttered.---------------"Oh Znap. Oh Znap! OH ZNAP!""Get out the way! There's no stopping the Dino Rush Dr. Rex's leading!""To the Founding Members, now would be a good time to get out of HQ and FREAKING HELP US FIGHT!""We're really going to let them take HQ, just like that?!""You're welcome to play Tank Man if you want. No promises that they'll stop for you, though.""Besides, we've lost an HQ building before. We've fought without one before, we can do it again!""I'm still bitter that we lost the first one. I spent a good deal of time designing it myself!""But what will we do without it?!""Nearly everyone's out of there by now, and if Hertz did his job right, we'll have our communications center back up in no time.""Don't worry guys, we're doing a great job keeping our comns organized as it is right now.""Yeah, now that we finally shut that Andrew Jackson guy up."---------------Attack had just managed to finish shooting down the Inferno chopper when Defend piped up from the back. "Semick," the agent said, "the big guy's coming for HQ!"Semick turned back to look at the rear gunman with a flash of dread. "Andrew," he said into the radio, "keep on that line of thought while I handle business here." Putting down the mic, he yanked hard on the T-1 controls as he directed the chopper backwards away from the smoking Dino Attack Headquarters, then made a quick 180-degree rotation to see the sight for himself.Seeing the initial large army come in from over the river had been a shock, but this was much more chilling. The purple-entrenched Dr. Rex was leading a charge with a massive amassment of Mutant Dinos, which was oddly ignoring most Dino Attack resistance unless it crossed their path, where which it was either trampled or torn apart. And their path was directed straight for the building their protection was aimed at.He immediately began pulling away, reaching for his mic as he did so. "Attention all agents! If you see a Mutant T-Rex covered in armor and purple tentacles leading a large force of Mutant Dinos, pull out of their way! They are intent on reaching DIno Attack headquarters, and our sources tell us that the creature leading them is not going to be taken down easily! Pull out of their path and focus on thinning the army of Mutant Dinos as they try to reach the building! Do not engage the giant purple Mutant T-Rex in combat, I repeat, do not engage the giant purple Mutant T-Rex in combat! Focus on thinning the small army following it and distracting the charge!"And to all agents still within HQ, this order should go without saying: Evacuate the building immediately!"He then switched over to the Elite comn. "Hertz, if you're somehow listening, I hope you're within safety right now. And Reptile, if you have any plans for this, do it now, because you're going to need to pull your forces out or risk overwhelmance."OOC: I hope I'm not harming any plans you had regarding what Sam Race & Friends were trying to do with warning the rest of the team, PeabodySam. I only figured that the rest of the team would catch on pretty quickly without having to be told, especially the T-1 crews and their birds-eye view of things.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: As Sarah helped her crying daughter to her feet, struggling to comfort her, she took her arms off the poor girl and walked over toward the edge. In the blaze, it was hard to see, but it looked at though Spy Clops was not actually dead. While he seemed to be clearly hurt, he seemed to be trying to cling to the edge of the building, struggling to get a clear foothold. The helicopter tried to reach for him, a rope was lowered and Spy Clops jumped and grabbed it. Someone poured a bucket of water in an effort to extinguish the flames."I think we should get out of here," Saran shouted as he coughed. Kate looked around worriedly, her eyes tearing up from the smoke. Sarah put her arms around her as she led her out. At that moment, they were rather startled by a sudden burst of white mist, spraying everywhere. They took a moment to gain their composure as the mist cleared, they saw that the flames were gone, at least the ones in the room. When the mist cleared, everyone saw a young woman with extremely pale skin, almost gray, but now with long straight hair and wearing a thick padded suit, holding a fire extinguisher."Why do you people never remember these?" She remarked."Pyro?" Sarah asked. "That there was one mighty brave thing you did," said another voice as Maria stepped inside. "Kinda stupid, though. Don't ya think?"Sarah tightened her grip around Kate, who was right now crying softly into her shoulder."We'd better get somewhere safe before the helicopter gets back," Shaw said as she slowly got to her feet. She stepped over toward Carver and reached out her hand, helping the young nurse to her feet."Where would that be?" Sarah asked."Pierce wanted us to relocate to the basement," replied Shaw. "Carver and I were sent here to look for anyone in need of assistance.""Well I don't know about you," replied Sarah. "But we ought to be going.""We need to get out of here anyway," replied Shaw. "We need to get fresh air."Slowly, Sarah stepped out of the room, holding Kate tightly. As she stepped out, she could see Angel Eyes, Clint, and Elizabeth putting out the fires elsewhere in the corridor.

OOC: Interference or no, I think we should slow down just a bit so that avmatoran can take care of his cyborg monstrosity before we take on Dr. Rex. If those happened in the opposite order, Dr. Rex would lose some of his Final Boss-ness.And the more Brikman writes Raine Dashworthy, the more I wish I hadn't killed off Snaproll so soon after introducing him. I bet those two would've gotten along swimmingly...heck, they probably did get along swimmingly. Maybe we should make up some backstory... :PI've completed those minifigs I mentioned a few weeks back, and will be posting them tomorrow.IC: "Well, here it comes," said Swerve grimly, as the line of mutant dinos charged towards them. "The moment we've all been waiting for." There was a whirring of gears and a low hum as Shiller adjusted and charged the Cryothermic Cannon, while Wright stood up and aimed the Z-1 Kinetic Launcher. And they braced themselves for the impending onslaught.------------------------With Jinx gone, Osprey had manned the guns on his ADU, so he had no way of checking the scanners or comms. Therefore, it came as a shock when Desdemona called back from the cockpit, "Sir, Brickhouse has been shot down. No survivors, apparently."The captain's stomach lurched. He didn't consider himself particularly young, but Thaddeus Brickhouse had possessed the air of an even younger man, despite being a good decade or so Osprey's elder, and his presence had kept morale high even in the most dire of circumstances."I think," said Osprey, "he'd want us to remember him with something to raise our spirits. Put on...say, the 1812 Overture. And full speed ahead."

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I hate to be nitpicky Jackson, but Pierce isn't actually moving the patients. They split the jobs up. Pierce and Copper (and possibly Martinet, Brickman never gave a clear answer as to who he was helping) are looking after the patients still in the hospital, Shaw and Carver are looking through the base for other patients, while Wade is working with Enter and Return on the actual movement of the patients, and Crusher and Clickitt are dealing with medical supplies.

IC:The power plant building was almost decimated, with the control room still intact and the generators undamaged. However, the cargo bay of the Reclaimer was full of rock, concrete, brick, rebar, and other debris. Kara flew off, trying to find a good place to offload when she saw the Dr. Rex-led rampage running right to the HQ. She smiled, and flew towards the Headquarters. She quickly used the grav-beams to unload the rubble in a loose wall a few blocks away from the building.Um, Kara, I'm not sure that will hold them off long, Cortana(1) said."But it will slow them down," Kara replied as she flew back towards the power plant.OOC:So I had fun with alliteration. Sue me. No, on second thought, don't sue me.I will finish up the Cyrista's Bane battle once:that guy posts with Solomon, I need Solomon's help&once I feel that a few hours have passed in-game, the amount of time I think it would take to finish carefully dismantling a power plant building.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:I will finish up the Cyrista's Bane battle once:that guy posts with Solomon, I need Solomon's help&once I feel that a few hours have passed in-game, the amount of time I think it would take to finish carefully dismantling a power plant building.
OOC: As much as I think you care about the equipment in the power plant, I think you can spare a little careless demoliton in getting rid of the building. Dino Attack isn't exactly in a position where they can spare several hours for much of anything.Plus you could make the excuse that a couple of hours have passed already, what with the wildly confusing timeline the events of this RPG seem to run on.

OOC:

Plus you could make the excuse that a couple of hours have passed already, what with the wildly confusing timeline the events of this RPG seem to run on.
This is what I was thinking, especially since PeaSam is clearly setting us up for an imminent confrontation with Dr. Rex.Anyway, as promised...Hotwire, Kat, and HelmWright and ShillerLarson, Mort, and OspreyCane and LoopTracerHazmatt and Epic Winston GrendelwulfI also made French Fries, because why not. Use of the pre-2004 dark gray is a metaphor for how out-of-touch he isI would have made Swerve as well, but for the life of me I couldn't find a way to make a minifig appear as though they are simultaneously wearing a ski mas and goggles.Working on an IC which I shall hopefully have up soon.EDIT: I finally figured out how to disable Rich Text mode while posting. I am so happy right now :D Anyway, the pesky link is now fixed, as you can see. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I established way back that Martinet left for the battlefield in an ambulance-type Fire Hammer when Vinyaya left in her Urban Avenger.Excellent rendition of the Brickster's helicopter. Which reminds I did have one more things I wanted to do with it. Just need to find the ideal time to use that idea...IC:Zach sat in silence in the Fire Hammer, staring out the window and picking off Mutant Raptors with a Cosmotronic Ray that Joike had stored in the Fire Hammer. His brain throbbed painfully, breaking his concentration frequently.He had mostly moved on from the shock of Thaddeus's death. Compared to basically torturing Carolyne Provencal's before she died, Zach felt little remorse for having two vehicles (one piloted by a deconstructiomaniac) reduce Blaire Darkling's command post to rubble. It could either he was past the Darkitect trying to make him feel guilty, or truly did not care."Hey," Joike said, keeping his eyes on the road. "You alright? You're pretty quiet.""Yeah." Zach scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry about the whole 'jumping out of the car to find a dead guy' thing.""Bit a stupid thing to do," Joike said simply. Zach nodded. He dimly wondered if he would've done the same thing before the Maelstrom. He grimaced. I'm really starting to hate blaming all my problems on the Maelstrom. But both himself and Marco Martinet came to the conclusion that his emotions were a little more than haywire following his corruption. Jumping out of a jeep in the fit of shock, anger, and sadness seemed appropriate. Perhaps I should see a psychologist or something. Provided I survive, of course."So, who's the lady?" Joike asked, gesturing his head back slightly. Zach looked back and saw Athena Fabello curled up on the back seat, sleeping. "Looks like your 'ladyfriend'?""She's my 'ladyfriend's' mother," Zach said. "Whose supposed locked up in a mental institution but her son, who is working for XERRD, broke her out for some demented reason. We thought she was dead yesterday."Joike raised an eyebrow. "I see. And so your friend (Minerva, right?) in for a shock."Zach chuckled grimly. "Yeah. I'm not sure what will happen after that. She's not on...fantastic terms with her mother, to say the least.""Provided that meeting ever happens, cause it looks like the Big Bad and his motley crew of dinos are heading right for HQ."********************************Zelda looked in horror. Dr. Rex and a massive army of Mutant Dinos were heading straight for Dino Attack Headquarters. Even if they can take out Dr. Rex's dinos, Dr. Rex's invincibility will allow him to topple the building with ease.She glanced at Nazareno, who looked on stoically. "Things have went down a bad path rather quickly." he noted plainly."A little bit," Zelda said, running a hand through her hair. "What now?"Nazareno pointed a sword toward the pack. "We try to take down as many of those dinos as we can."Zelda blinked. "Sounds a bit suicidal.""This whole war has been one suicidal move after another. It does not really faze me anymore."Zelda laughed bitterly. "Lucky you." She understood what was about to happen. Death seemed closer than ever. She was going to wait until after the battle to tell Nazareno, but now..."Nazareno," she began nervously. "I-""Watch it!" Nazareno growled. Zelda quickly swung her sword up and sliced off the neck of an acid-spitting Mutant Lizard. "Time to move! Now!" With that, Nazareno jumped over the fallen Mutant Lizard and headed back into the battle. Zelda sighed and followed, swords raised.OOC: If you make another post before Andrewnuva, don't have Zach and Minerva reunite just yet. Something exciting, devastating, and awesome may all happen at once in the next post or two.

OOC: I established way back that Martinet left for the battlefield in an ambulance-type Fire Hammer when Vinyaya left in her Urban Avenger..
OOC: When was that? Last I recall, Copper was still trying to sedate Vinyaya and Pierce was suggesting that Martinet help Wade.

OOC:Alright, don't have time now, but I will finish up the draft I am making. I usually Write By The Seat of my Pants, but not for this.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Back in my post I made after coming back from the weekend. Before you had Pierce and Copper intervene. I personally assumed those exchanges between ours and Jackson Lake's characters was inbetween "Vinyaya deciding to leave" and "Vinyaya leaving."Now, I am getting them both out of there. Martinet is a combat medic (like Medic) and it is absolutely key that Vinyaya is in the battlefield.IC:Vinyaya's eye narrowed as Copper approached. "Once again. Only my eye is gone. I can hear people shouting 'COPPER, GET ME A SEDATIVE!' rather well."Copper frowned and grabbed Vinyaya's arm. Vinyaya flinched and quickly twisted her arm out of Copper's grip and knocked away his syringe. She then turned and starting to run out of the medical wing. As she ran, she was joined by Martinet."Not staying with the mad doctor?" Vinyaya asked, a cold smirk appearing on her face."No. My-a talents for combat and-a medical practice beckon me to-a rejoin the battle!" Martinet said in a fiery voice.

Vinyaya nodded and followed Martinet out of the hospital wing and quickly found herself in the garage."Do you have a radio with you?" Martinet asked. Vinyaya checked the radio she was using earlier. A little beat up but still functional. "Good." Martinet moved toward a Fire Hammer that had been outfitted as an ambulance. Beside it was an actual ambulance where two identical-looking medics were preparing to head back into the battle. "Good luck," Martinet said grimly.Vinyaya nodded her thanks and moved toward unoccupied Urban Avenger with a Cosmotronic Ray on its roll-cage. She quickly started up the engine and rolled out of the garage and into the battlefield determined to exact her revenge on the Mutant Dinos.
OOC: There you go. They're out. Boom.

OOC: My my, That guy. It seems you have several people waiting on you to make a post to help continue their stories.IC: Stranger could see it now with his sniper scope. That giant purple Maelstrom mummy of an armored Mutant T-Rex was coming right at them. And he had brought quite a party with him. Though even if Dino Attack managed to take his backup down, something told him it wouldn't be hard for Dr. Rex to pound a giant hole in Dino Attack Headquarters. Clearly, this building's days was numbered, and by minutes, no less."Looks like we're overdue for a getaway, comrade," he said to the Mutant Lizard. The creature stared at the sight itself and shivered, nodding as it did so. "Let's work on that now, shall we?"The hanger was nearly empty. Every vehicle that could be driven had been taken out, used by the remaining agents to enter the battle or retreat to another location. Not everyone had followed their lead though. Some were preparing to bunker down in the basement, while others were using a teleporter to make a one-way trip to Antarctica (the least popular option for those still concerned about the battle and its outcome). Regardless, the point was that Stranger and his companion were alone for the time being.Stranger had managed to convince the one-eyed lizard to wear something resembling a harness over its torso. With a bit of glue and velcro straps, it would be an excellent way for him to ride the creature and ally into battle, assuming he managed to focus well enough on keeping his balance while he used his pistols during the ride.The agent hopped onto the creature's back and let the velcro straps sync up between his pants and the harness. Then, upholstering his pistols, he said "Let's do it."The Mutant Lizard grunted in agreement, and charged off into the battlefield. It moved fast and swift between the Iron Predators still set up out front, catching the curious eye of many onlooking agents witnessing Stranger's unique mode of transport. The agent didn't pay attention to them, focusing mostly on the targets ahead: the Mutant Lizards and Raptors itching for a takedown.As the Mutant Lizard cleared the Iron Predators, Stranger practically channeled his Wild West roots as he began firing his pistols like mad, striking at the heads of those enemy Mutant Lizards that let themselves in range.Oh yes, Stranger thought to himself, this was going to get fun. --------------"Oh my builder, this battle's getting more insanely awesome by the minute.""Though not exactly in our benefit, though.""Where's that Kate Bishop girl? After sending the Darkitect to Kingdom Come, I'd think she'd be kicking butt like crazy by now!""This is just supercalifragilisticexpialawacky!""I think her mum's filling her boots for some reason.""Now I really hate the Maelstrom.""What for? She beat the FREAKIN' DARKITECT! Why the Znap would her mother have to take over for her?!""Nobody shoot the Mutant T-Rex being rode by a guy with a sword, I think that's Zorrik and Zyra!""No way! That's Fullmetal and Tex!""Somethin' about traumtization regarding her family, I guess. I don't buy it though. Her case isn't that extreme, Pointman's had it worse.""You know what I don't hate? I don't hate vests."

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC: Wade was working his way down the corridor, back toward the hospital wing when he was suddenly passed by a mustached doctor he didn't recognize and a one-eyed agent."Hey, you there?" Wade asked. The doctor turned around. "Where you going?""I got to get back out on the field," replied the doctor. "And before you ask, I am not arguing about the patien-""No," replied Wade. "It's alright. I understand."Martinet seemed pleasantly surprised. "I'm sorry," he said. "It's just that other doctor, Pierce?""Don't worry about him," replied Wade. "He's a great doctor, he just takes his job seriously. I'm Wade, by the way.""Martinet.""You're going out in the field?""That's right," replied Martinet. "Somebody's got to do it.""Yes, they do," replied Wade. There was moment of silence. "That's why I'm going with you.""What?" Martinet asked."I used to be a field medic in the army," replied Wade. "I figure having an extra hand out there would do you good. Besides, Enter and Return here are actually behaving themselves for once.""What about-""Somebody's got to stabilize the wounded out there," replied Wade. "The way I figure if there's two of us we'll have more of a chance. I'll just get Crusher to take over moving the patients already here."

OOC: Alright, Andrewnuva. I say that after this post you can use Andrew and Laxus, but do not alter things too drastically. After the post after this, you have free reign.IC:"There's Joike," Andrew called out. He turned the Fire Hammer around sharply so the passenger door was a direct passage to Joike's Fire Hammer."Alright," Minerva said. "Thanks for the lift, guys.""No problem," Andrew and Laxus said. Taking the Cosmotronic Ray, Minerva climbed out of the Fire Hammer and on to the wet pavement. As she stepped out, Zach climbed out of Joike's Fire Hammer and walked up to meet Minerva. Minerva responded by wrapping him in a warm hug."I'm sorry," Zach muttered. "We were going to stay together today and then-""It's fine," Minerva said. "We're both still alive and we can stay together now. Oh, and..." she pulled away briefly and punched Zach in the shoulder harder than usual. He visibly flinched."Yeah. The thing with Brickhouse...""I'm sorry that he died," Minerva said sternly. "But you could've gotten killed for something extremely stupid."Zach seemed extremely embarrassed by the situation. "Yes, I know. I'm sorry about that too. His death sort of caught me off guard. You know how you're expecting something to happen and you're still shocked when it happened? That's what-"Minerva put her hand to his lips, smiling faintly. "I get it. There's no point dwelling on it now. You're alive and that's that. Now," Her voice became extremely serious. "It was Oswald, wasn't it? Who attacked us?"Zach nodded. "And he was looking for you, not me. I was the second best option. He's planning something. Something with you and...and-" Zach paused as he heard a door on Joike's Fire Hammer open. Minerva looked over Zach's shoulder and her eyes widened in shock."M-M-Mom?" Minerva stuttered as Athena Fabello stumbled out of the Fire Hammer. But...but she's dead! Napoleon XIV said...no. She can't be here! It was all horribly reminiscent of discovering that Oswald was alive on Adventurers' Island."Take off your helmet," Zach muttered to her as he stepped out of the way. Minerva shot him a curious look, but obeyed, letting her brown-and-white hair fall to her shoulders. Athena walked up to her slowly and touched her cheeks, squinting at her. Minerva forced down the urge to shove her mother away.Athena's gray eyes suddenly brightened. "Minnie?" Minerva winced. Not only was it reminiscent of Oswald's survival, but of the horrible ordeal the Darkitect put her through in the Maelstrom Temple. A wide smile formed on Athena's face. "It feels like I haven't seen you in years! You're...you're all grown up." Athena wrapped her arms around Minerva warmly. Minerva looked at Zach pleadingly, desperate to get away from her mother when..."Wait, how old am I?" Minerva asked.Athena backed away. "I may be getting older, but I'm not about to forget how old my children are. You're eighteen."Minerva blinked once. How does she know that? She can't know that. She-! Minerva forced herself to calm down. "What are you doing here?" Minerva asked in an icy tone."Ozzie was showing me around his work," Athena said brightly. "It was so cool. And then I met Zachary and-" Minerva's mouth hung open as Athena turned to Zach grinning. She knew who Zach was, too? Athena turned back. "Oh, and Zachary has a crush on you."Minerva looked at Zach in awe. Zach shrugged, looking embarrassed. She walked over to him. "How did she get here?" she snapped quietly."Oswald broke her out of Napoleon XIV," he hissed back. "He planted her with me. He's planning something with you two. She's in danger and we need to get her back to Antarctica fast.""How does she know I'm eighteen? Know who you are?""Someone told me he thinks that her time in Napoleon XIV may have helped her. That being away from her kids so long did the trick." Minerva let this sink in."So wait, does-?""Shes still switches memories," Zach said. "And even in the present, she doesn't know what happened to Tod and Isaac." Minerva looked back at Athena, who was smiling happily at her. She turned back to Zach to see his eyes wide. "H-Holly?"Minerva turned around and saw an Urban Avenger parked nearby. Stepping out of it was none other than Holly Vinyaya. Minerva put a hand over her mouth to suppress a gasp. The right side of Vinyaya's face had two, pale pink scars running down it with an eyepatch covering her right eye. "Is that-?""That is where the raptor got me," Vinyaya said grimly."What?" Zach asked, completely lost. "What's going on?"Vinyaya smiled weakly. "Glad to see you're okay, Virchaus. I was surrounded by Mutant Lizards and Raptors and one raptor managed to claw my face open with claws dipped in acid." Both Minerva and Zach flinched at this."And so your eye is...""Gone. And I'm not about to let that stop me from fighting in this battle." Vinyaya said with determination. She then turned to Athena. "Who is this?""That is-" Zach began."Hello, Zachary." a voice said coldly.*********************************************Zach turned around, grabbing his knife when Blaire Darkling's gloved hand wrapped around his chin and hoisted him high into the air. Blaire casually kicked away Zach's knife. He could see his own, cold fear as he looked into Blaire's reflective sunglasses."Put him down!" Vinyaya demanded, pointing a Cosmotronic Ray at the two."I don't think I will, space cop," Blaire said. Two Hybrids stepped out from behind him and approached Minerva, Athena, and Vinyaya. "I think I reserve the right to beat this kid to a pulp. He did try to blow me up."Staring at Blaire and realizing this man was the one who had killed Thaddeus, Zach began to struggling against his tight grip. Blaire laughed coldly and slammed Zach's head against Joike's Fire Hammer. He then pulled out a small handgun and pointed it at Gypsy, who had turned her Xenon Launcher on Blaire."I suppose the people in that helicopter were your friend, correct?" Blaire said, slamming Zach's head into the side of the Fire Hammer again. If he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would most certainly be unconscious at this point. "And you tried to kill me for it with the Brickster and the Agents jet. I suppose its justified, but I saw it as a challenge. So here I am, now the leader of XERRD, winning the challenge in a most brutal fashion.""What?" Everyone in earshot exclaimed."Oh, yes," Blaire said, smashing Zach head against the Fire Hammer again. "Since Glados has kicked the bucket, I have seen fit to take control of XERRD myself. Consider it...martial law, if you will. The man who specializes in combat taking control of a science organization in its darkest hour. And I intend to have XERRD survive this battle. But first," Blaire slammed Zach's head against the Fire Hammer once again. "I'll deal with you."Zach's head was spinning and painfully throbbing. This brute's, the supposed leader of XERRD, grip would not slacken. An idea suddenly came to mind. Removing his hands from Blaire's, Zach reached into his uniform's pockets for a tool he had received after losing his hand. He wasn't sure who it was from, but it had saved him from Oswald once, so why not Blaire?Whipping out a hook similar to what a pirate would wear, Zach slashed the left side of Blaire's face. He gasped in pain and dropped Zach. The Elite Agent scrambled away Darkling as the man looked up, blood dripping from the left side of his face. Not wasting anytime, Zach fired a ball of Maelstrom energy at Blaire.Blaire slid backwards several yards, but managed to stay up on his feet. "How-?" Zach stutteredBlaire chuckled darkly and wiped the blood away from his cheek. "What the Maelstrom did to me was far worse than whatever you could do, Virchaus." Blaire rotated his neck slightly and started to walk back toward Zach, the gun raised. "Though it did sting, I will give you that. Though its just another reason for me to kill you."Zach glanced to his sides and saw that Minerva and Vinyaya were beside him. Behind him, the two Hybrids laid dead. "Where's your mom?" Zach whispered to Minerva."With Joike," she muttered. "We'll deal with her later.""We've got a XERRD leader to fry," Vinyaya hissed. Joike and Andrew's Fire Hammers turned sharply and both Gypsy and Catless pointed their weapons at Blaire. The man was quick. He lunged forward and grabbed Zach's uniform and pulled him back.A Minifig shield. Zach thought angrily. If the stakes weren't so serious, I bet Vinyaya would think this is funny. Blaire pointed the weapon at Zach's head."Just like old times," Blaire muttered. Out loud, he said, "Do not shoot unless you want to kill Virchaus."Zach opened his mouth to tell the assembled group to shoot at him. As Blaire was XERRD's leader and seemed to show no sign of stopping the fight, he needed to be killed. Blaire seemed to realize this, as he covered Zach's mouth with his arm, leaving him mute and at Blaire Darkling's mercy.*************************************Kareem Nazareno slashed away at three Mutant Lizards, dropping all three of them. He was constantly filled with an irritating feeling of how no matter how many Mutant Dinos you killed, fifteen more replaced each one. A feeling of hopelessness should cross his mind, but Zelda somehow managed to keep it out.He turned his head and saw Zelda balancing on one katana planted in the ground, using it as a pole to spin herself around and slash away Mutant Lizards. Just beyond her, he saw two Fire Hammer, Minerva, and Vinyaya pointing their weapons at a white-haired man wearing a tan trenchcoat, gripping a Dino Attack agent in one arm with a gun in the other. The man briefly turned his head toward Nazareno, allowing the space ninja to catch his features.Nazareno could not suppress a gasp. "No...impossible." Surprise quickly melted away into anger. Forgetting about the Mutant Dinos, Nazareno started to charge toward the group of agents. Zelda soon saw what he was doing. She pulled her sword out of the ground and followed Nazareno.***************************************Blaire was backing away slowly, Zach tight in his grip. Zach struggled fruitlessly against the man's prowess. He eventually resolved to letting Blaire get away this time, but finding him him later."STOP!" a voice thundered, full of cold, icy anger. Nazareno then landed in front of Minerva and Vinyaya, his sword's trained on Blaire. Zelda Frodongan was close behind, looking confused.A change seemed to come over Blaire. Zach glanced at his captor's face and saw his mouth twisted in surprise before turning into a small smirk. "Well, this was unexpected.""Release him," Nazareno commanded, his tranquil fury striking Zelda, Vinyaya, Minerva, and Zach with some fear. To everyone's surprise, Blaire did as the ninja asked, shoving Zach to the ground. Zach quickly scrambled to his feet and ran to Minerva and Vinyaya, picking up his knife."Do not shoot him!" Nazareno commanded to the two Fire Hammers. "Not yet.""But this guy is XERRD's leader!" Laxus called out. A surprised glint appeared in Nazareno's eye that faded away quickly."Not yet," Nazareno repeated. He moved toward Blaire slowly, whose face now had a wide smile. "An ideal time to show up.""The same to you, Nazareno," Blaire said. Minerva, Zach, and Vinyaya looked at each in confusion. "How did you recognize me?""You may change your hair color and wear sunglasses, but I'd never forget you." Nazareno hissed. "Especially with that scar underneath your eye."Vinyaya looked at Nazareno, then at Blaire. Cold fear and realization washed over her face. "Oh my Builder," she whispered."Who is this guy?" Zelda asked angrily.Blaire laughed coldly. "A few hours ago, Doctor Inferno called me a Small Name, Big Ego. Metaphorically, of course. Our names are the same length, ​literally. But isn't it just fascinating how much bigger my name becomes, both metaphorically and literally, compared to Inferno when you spell it as Matthew Vherestorm instead?"

Edited by Brikman McStudz

OOC: I hope I'm not harming any plans you had regarding what Sam Race & Friends were trying to do with warning the rest of the team, PeabodySam. I only figured that the rest of the team would catch on pretty quickly without having to be told, especially the T-1 crews and their birds-eye view of things.
OOC: Don't worry, all's well.Nice to see new minifigs, Jacks! Also, your version of French Fries is closer to how I imagined him (mostly due to the color scheme), although it would be up to Atton Rand which version is more "canon".Ah, so Matthew Vherestorm's "vhereabouts" are revealed! Of course, I didn't make the connection between Vherestorm and Darkling... until I saw Nazareno enter the scene, and then I immediately put the pieces together.IC: From behind his balaclava, Specs frowned as he surveyed the battlefield aboard the founding members' personal T-1 Typhoon. Dr. Rex and his forces were approaching the Dino Attack Headquarters at an alarming rate, and they were no closer to figuring out how to stop the armored Maelstrom-possessed Mutant T-Rex. Actually, the technicians back in the lab were still finishing the Einstein Device, which could possibly bring their salvation, but Specs and the other founding members agreed that it was too much of a liability to use in anything other than an absolute worst-case scenario.Einstein designed the device to counteract Maelstrom energies, thought Specs, but based upon the blueprints, it could be potentially lethal to anyone with a Creative Spark. It needs Imagination to destroy Maelstrom, after all."Pteranodons on your right, Shadow," called Digger. Shadow nodded in response, aiming the helicopter's dual Sonic Screamers and firing upon the Mutant Pterosaurs."So, any new ideas on how to take down the Big Bad?" inquired Viper. Specs had quietly observed that Viper had been very eager to know about Dino Attack Team's plans to defeat Dr. Rex. Viper already called dibs on the Einstein Device, if it needed to be used, which was met with Specs's disapproval; obviously, if the Einstein Device needed to be fired, no one was going to wait for Viper to show up and do the honors.Specs shook his head. "I'm thinking, Viper.""Got it," Viper rolled his eyes. "Just don't think all day.""Any word from Rex?" asked Digger. Given Rex's morals, he and Digger got along well, and Digger was concerned by the recent tragedy that had taken place.Specs sighed. "He's still unresponsive. The death of agent Claw took a lot out of him, and he won't talk, listen, or even look at anyone. We may have to finish this battle without Rex's help. Given the recent death of elite agent Adventure, it's a loss that will be... difficult to afford, with one elite silenced in addition to another elite dead, but we must persevere.""I'm detecting movement across the river," reported Shadow. "There's still a few Inferno Super Airborts transporting troops, but now there's a few unidentified vessels approaching the city."Curious, Specs turned around and looked out at the river. Digger handed him a pair of binoculars, and as the team leader looked through the binoculars, he was surprised by what he saw. There were a number of battleships that looked too archaic to have come from anywhere other than Castle Cove, and they were accompanied by a fleet of Chinese junks flying the flag of Emperor Chang Wu. As the Rogue Knight Battleships and Emperor's Ships approached the Super Airboats, they engaged the Inferno vessels in combat. The Chinese soldiers fired crossbows and muskets at the Inferno agents, while the Rogue Knights boarded the Super Airboats and slayed all aboard. Once or twice, Specs thought he glimpsed the black tentacles of an Ogel Mutant Squid reach out of the water, grab hold of an entire Super Airboat, and pull it under the surface, never to return."It appears," mused Specs, "that our allies Lord Vladek, Lord Sinister von Barron, and Evil Ogel have sent us some... reinforcements to protect the river from the forces of XERRD and Dr. Inferno.""In our darkest hour," grinned Digger, "help shall arrive!""It would be nice," grumbled Shadow, "if Alpha Team's promised reinforcements could arrive as quickly as possible. We need them right now!"OOC: Just to satisfy all the comm chatter comments about the founding members, I've sent them out on a T-1 Typhoon. I also wanted the alliances with our favorite villains to pay off during the final battle; while Ogel's already done his stunt and the Brickster's currently having too much fun, I thought it would be nice to see Vladek and Sinister send help as well.

OOC: I didn't even know who Matthew Vherestorm was, to be honest, so the impact of the twist was kinda lost of me. But thanks to the Dino Attack RPG Wiki, I was able to realize the significance of the character to Nazareno and arguably the rest of the cast. Thanks, Dino Attack RPG Wiki! *Thumbs Up* [/shamelessplug]

OOC: I would have made Swerve as well, but for the life of me I couldn't find a way to make a minifig appear as though they are simultaneously wearing a ski mas and goggles.
You could use a balaclava head with the the standard Dino Attack helmet with goggles attached. Edited by Andrewnuva199

Nice to see new minifigs, Jacks! Also, your version of French Fries is closer to how I imagined him (mostly due to the color scheme), although it would be up to Atton Rand which version is more "canon".
OOC: Actually, I will go out and say the color scheme is a bit closer to what I imagined as well (with my own figure, the Sam Sinister torso was the closest thing I had to anything remotely resembling an old fashioned officer's uniform). The face looks a little friendly, but the mustache is definitely closer to my own vision as well.IC later. I'm waiting for That Guy to make the next move on the whole room that was just burning thing. I'd make a Wade/Martinet post, but I don't know where Brickman planned to go. Also Avmatoran, when you're ready to take out Cyrista's Bane I've already got Rotor in position if it helps at all.

OoC:Wow, I suppose this is what happens when Band camp starts up again. Sorry about the wait guys, I’ve been either busy or exhausted. I had planed to start a short Pharisee flashback today but considering the pressure on my active characters it looks like I’ll have to a polycentric post.IC:Water dripped onto the commander’s shoulder and trickled down to land with a plop at his feet. The back of the bowling allay was damp and dank, grit seemed to cling to every surface and most visible metal was rusted beyond recognition. The wooden elements were rotten and now hosted a plethora of insects and mites.What was stranger were the sounds of excitement coming form just beyond the wall. Pharisee heard every strike and spare bowled by Dude, Walter, and Donnie and witnessed the pins pass beneath his feet as the machines collected them. What machines still worked would lower to the ground and rise above his head with a full rack while bowling balls would disappear into a conveyor belt beneath the floor.Over the noise of the equipment Pharisee slowly moved from machine to machine as he advanced closer to Trigger. The mercenary had a slight edge when it came to shooting skills so Pharisee hoped to gain the upper hand in closer quarters.That did not solve the problem of Carrie Enderson. Pharisee knew that Trigger would only shoot her as a last resort. If she died he would loose his leverage and Pharisee would have no reason not to shoot him.As Pharisee slowly advanced Trigger stepped back closer and closer to the back dour of the bowling ally. The commander had instructed Montgonal and three other agents to lay in wait so they could ambush him as he excited. Even with a hostage Trigger would not be able to escape. To Pharisee’s knowledge Snake had taken the last getaway car so escaping on foot would be the only option.Trigger had no options except staling. Aside from Carrie, Pharisee held all the cards. He had yet to use Montoya and he still had a T-1 Typhoon at his disposal."You know what I hate?” Trigger was saying. “People like you, who think everything's all black and white. Well guess what, it isn't. I've seen your kind before; just about every law office has at least one. Guys that think they have builder-given rights to preach justice. Well guess what, you dont! You're just a pathetic znapping being with absurd delusions of things that aren't true. If you had your way 99.9 per cent of this znapping planet would be in prison. Truth is, you're no better than me. Perhaps in another life we could have been even been friends."“To some degree you may not be that far off.” Responded Pharisee coolly. “I’ve spent eight years of my life in prison,* I’ve killed men. The difference between you and me is these experiences changed me. I’ve repented for my sins, Trigger, I admit I’ve done wrong and ask for forgiveness. I know the names of the men I’ve killed; I know the names of their wives and children. I can tell you this Trigger, because I do not take my actions lightly unlike you. For you, every body is just another faceless figure that you have ended. You are truly a man of apathy Trigger, you don’t repent for your errant ways.”“Oh so now you’re an atoner?” cackled the mercenary. “I suppose you regret your actions?”“Those who I’ve killed I’ve only done so for the greater good. I do not regret what I have done, I only pry for redemption” Said Pharisee. “Only one did not deserve to die, and he was the first.* Do you want to hear about the men I’ve killed Trigger? Do you want to know why those men don’t deserve to be on this earth any longer?”“This will me good.” Muttered the mercenary. “Carry on!”“David Gonzales Smith, age 29.” Recited Pharisee “He tethered his girlfriend, (Margot Cornelius Vaughn, age 28) to a bridge in rush hour traffic. He then drenched her in alcohol and lit her up like a roman candle where the world could see. It took four hours to get her burnt corpse of that bridge and over a hundred people witnessed it. When I caught up to him that sick son of a 4+ had made that image his screen savor. I shot him on February 26th 1994.”Trigger did not respond.“Johan Fredrick Jones, age 51” continued the commander. “He woke up one morning and thought it would be fun to nail his children (Tommy, age 6 and Peter, age 4) to the ceiling. They were in critical condition by the time I arrived and I broke his neck on August 11th 2005.”Pharisee paused for Trigger’s response. “Should I continue? The difference between you and me is well we both have killed men; I don’t just obliterate those who get in my way. Will you tell me ether one of those men did not deserve to die? How many secretaries and bus drivers have you shoot whose only crime was getting in the way of you’re greed? Do you lose sleep over it? Do you know their names? I live with these men’s blood on my hands everyday and the only way I can sleep at night is because I know society is better in their absence. You sleep at knight Trigger because you just don’t care.”“Don’t pretend to know me you son of a 4+” yelled Trigger as he fired an angry shot with his gun. Pharisee ducked behind one of the pin setting machines as a bullet ricocheted nearby.“The only thing I don’t know about you Trigger is your real name.” Called Pharisee. “I know you have used numerous alias such as Schiess. I’ve read every file I could get my hands on about your exploits and I know you’re a coward. If you weren’t why did you run away at Decta? Why did you flee the planet? Why did you run away now? Why are you hiding behind an innocent woman instead of facing me? Let her go Schiess and we’re settle this.”* * *“Wake up!”The philosopher’s eyes slowly opened to a figure warring an translucent orange helmet and black visor. It was still raining very heard but unlike earlier where the water rejuvenated it now felt cold and merciless. His right shoulder was swollen and blistered from Raul’s burn and his clothing was crisp and blackened. It was painful to move his arm and even harder to ignore the sting. The left shoulder still had a bullet in it. It was still bleeding and Solomon glimpsed a puddle of red beneath where he lay. He had a difficult time deciding which side of his body hurt more and he knew he would find out in the morning if he made it that far.“Solomon,” said Elite agent Cyborg. “What happened? We spotted you down here and I came as fast as I could.”Solomon cringed at the pain. Uncertainly he rose to his knees and splashed water in his face. His sword was not far and he crawled over to retrieve it.“I have some disturbing news.” Began the philosopher. “But now is not the time to speak. A first aid kit would be really nice right about now.”“We have a good supply on the Titanium Predator.” Said Doctor Cybrog. “I can take care of you there.”Solomon looked around at the battle taking place around him. Everywhere he looked there were dead and wounded. Gasoline Fires burned in the rain and the screams of men and beast were no longer distinguishable. He pondered for a moment how battle changes a person more into an animal then one would like to admit. In some ways it was the most primal of concepts and he watched with aversion as a nearby Dino attack agent continued to beat a dead lizard with the butt of his gun.Elsewhere another agent walked absently mindedly around the battlefield. In one hand he carried his arm that still clutched the remains of a steering wheel.“Just get me out of here.” Said Solomon.“I have job for you.” Said Doctor Cybrog, he lifted the philosopher to his feet and helped him over to the Predator. Solomon said nothing, he just wanted to have his shoulders fixed and be done. He knew that no matter how fed-up he was with war he would always be pulled back in. No matter his condition he would always need to fight. He had been a fighter for to long now and he desperately wanted peace to think about the universe.It is not about me. Thought Solomon Koplowitz. Unless we win this battle there will be nothing to philosophize about“Fine.” He said sadly. He just wanted to rest. “What do you need me to do?”* * *OoC: I’m just sending Hertz and company out of the room and over to where Pierce is. I’m not even going to try mentioning the other doctors present because with ten medical staff now it’s just to hard. IC: The occupants of what had once been the lounge made there way to the infirmary. Hertz could not hear anything that was going on around him but he had since developed his voice. All he could do was shoot out his sentences but without being able to hear them himself everything he said seemed slurred.As he walked unsteadily down the hall he glimpsed Kate, Sarah, and Dr. Saran talking. The three of them separated themselves from the main group to speak somewhere in private but they bore no risk of Hertz overhearing.The attack of Spy Clops had been a close call. Dr. Saran had been the only one in the room who had gun. While the bullets might have helped it would not have been enough to take Spy Clops out.Kate Bishop’s mom had saved him. If she had not come and shot the cyborg with her shotgun and lit the henchmen on fire Hertz would be warring a second neck.* * *Dr. Pierce rushed over as the burnt and tattered figure of Hertz was rushed into the infirmary. The techy had not realized the injuries he had sustained in till after the shock of the explosion had warn off. Now that he was out of the wreckage he could glimpse how close he had come to death.Naomi never left his side as he took a seat in an empty bed. Another nurse grabbed a burn kit well Shaw checked up on his broken arm. The once white cast was now blackened and torn. Rappings came undone constantly and his hand now hung out limply at the end. It would take some time to get a new X-ray of the injury but it did not take a doctor to see in had worsened substantially.Dr. Pierce ran over to Hertz and shown a light into his eyes to check for dilatations. A concussion was a possibility and he wanted to address the problem as soon as possible. “DOCTER.” Said Hertz suddenly. His speech was garbled as he attempted to hear his voice. He needed to speak loudly so he could comprehend what he was saying but the result sounded soft to him“What is it Hertz.” Said Pierce.“WHAT?” asked Hertz“What happened, can you hear me?”“WHAT?”Pierce shook his head and reached for a pad of paper. He quickly scribbled out a message.Are you deft? Hertz nodded his head rapidly. He grabbed the pencil from Pierce’s hand and scribbled out his own message to the doctor.YES, EXPLOSION, PLEASE HELP ME The doctor took the paper and looked at Hertz. For the first time he saw the terror in his eyes. His hearing was what made his life worth living and without it Hertz was nothing. A teardrop fell from the tech’s eye and landed on the clean white paper.Everything was quite.OoC:I’ll try and do a Saran post latter. I know last time he had a session with Kate I was not involved but I’ll work harder this time.*The reason Pharisee was in jail and the first man he killed will be revealed in an upcoming flashback. Apologies if the descriptions he gave were a little graphic.

That is all

OOC: Actually, that guy, it's probably not that confusing. Let's see, how many medics are there in total here?

1. Pierce
  2. Wade
  3. Crusher
  4. Carver
  5. Copper
  6. Shaw
  7. Clickitt
  8. Enter
  9. Return
  10. Martinet

Okay, that is ten medics. But if it simplifies things let's break this down:Martinet is going out on the front lines, Wade's just volunteered to help him, so that leaves only eight medics actually in the base. Out of those, only four are actually in the infirmary; Pierce and Copper; and now Shaw and Carver. Clickitt, Enter, Return, and Crusher are kinda coming and going since they're the ones doing the actual moving of patients, whilst Pierce and Carver are the ones staying behind to keep an eye on the wounded still present. Hopefully that makes things a bit easier to keep track of (at least until they all regroup).IC: "I'm not a coward," Trigger replied. "I'm just smart enough to know when to back out. I ran from Dacta Corp. because I knew Silencia would try to kill me. I ran from here because I was in over my head. With half the team watching me I knew I couldn't get Silencia, and I'm not one to waste my time fighting a losing battle. And I'm certainly smart enough not to let go of the one piece of leverage I have at my disposal."

"Were there any more?" Copper asked as he watched the operation on Hertz."What?" Pierce asked, focused more on the patient."Any other wounded?""No," replied Shaw. "This was the only one."As Pierce tended to the burns, Shaw slowly stepped away from the patient uneasily. She silently whispered a prayer to herself, reaching for her cross, and carefully holding it tight.At that moment, Crusher stepped into the room, accompanied by Clickitt. As Clickitt ran toward another bed, Crusher walked up to Dr. Shaw."You alright?" Crusher said. Shaw took a moment as she slowly released her grip on her cross. She nodded. "Anybody?" "Just the one," replied Shaw. "And a few others."She motioned toward the back, where Saran was sitting with Kate and her mother. "You can get them to safety?""No problem," replied Crusher. "Hey Clikitt!"The LEGO Island doctor ran up to her. "Yes," he said."Get those three out of here," replied Shaw. "As soon as you've got the next patient, I want you to take them with you, understand?"Clickitt nodded. Crusher then turned toward the operation. As soon as her back was turned, Shaw slowly started to grip her cross once again. It was a habit of hers, really. She wasn't even that religious at first. But there was a small part of her that still hoped that maybe, just maybe, someone was watching them, and was with them; be it the creator or builder or Ole Kirk Christiansen. In times like this, when she was witnessing an operation in which she herself was not involved, she could not help but pray, and hope that maybe, just maybe, some deity would hear her."How is he doctor?" Crusher asked as she approached Hertz."Badly burned all over," replied Pierce. "He's also deaf.""Is he stable?" Crusher asked. Pierce seemed unsure."We have instructions to move to the basement," Crusher continued, reminding Pierce. "I need to know if it's safe to move him."

OOC: Atton- There's also Mort...though not for much longer, as I have some other plans. So it's just as well you didn't list him :P

You could use a balaclava head with the the standard Dino Attack helmet with goggles attached.
But all the balaclava heads on Bricklink were wicked overpriced, and anyway Swerve isn't wearing a helmet. You guys will just have to imagine him, I'm afraid.In other news, I am ridiculously happy that it's still possible to compose posts in Plain Text. Seriously, it made my day. No more fighting the editor like it's MSWord! :biggrin:IC: Strike. Dodge. Strike. Parry. Dodge. Strike.Epic Winston and Hazmatt fell into a rhythm as they exchanged blows with Sargon. Winston spun and slashed at his legs, while Hazmatt aimed a stab at the Inferno henchman's head. Sargon simultaneously jumped Epic Winston's attack and twisted to the side to avoid Hazmatt's. He twirled his remaining blade and lashed out at the elder Grendelwulf. Winston executed a smooth backflip, kicking Sargon's scimitar away, dropped his own sword, and landed on his hands. The bearded Agent tucked his legs against his body as he swung downwards, and when his torso was once again vertical, he struck Sargon's shins with a vicious kick. The henchman collapsed. Hazmatt scooped up one of his SMGs and approached his fallen adversary. Epic Winston nodded, and Hazmatt pointed the gun at Sargon's head. Sargon flinched, raising an arm as if to protect himself...and an electromagnet in his gauntlet pulled his first scimitar from the tire of the Grendelwulfs' red jetcycle into his hand. By the time the hilt landed in his palm, it was moving at a considerable speed. He continued the motion with a quick upward swipe. Hazmatt was taken my surprise and failed to dodge; the tip of the unnaturally sharp blade just brushed his carotid artery.All Matthias Grendelwulf felt was a slight tickle on his neck. Then, for a brief instant, he realized something wasn't right before his world faded first to red, and then to oblivion.------------------------The first wave of Mutant Lizards hit the Iron Predator line like a hailstorm. The large tanks were less effective against anything smaller than a raptor, so although many lizards fell to the explosions of the Cryothermic Cannons, many more slipped through.It was one of these that leaped and landed on the barrel of the cannon on Swerve's IP. Shiller tried to shake it off, but his earlier stunt with the pterosaur had apparently done some minor damage, and the turret swiveled slower than normal. And so it was upon him before he could draw a gun. Rather than stay buckled in and getting mauled, he slipped out of his seat straps and, still tangled with the lizard, hit the street.Wright and Swerve had now noticed what was happening. The former screamed involuntarily, and before Swerve could stop her, sprang away from the Z-1 Kinetic Launcher and over the side, armed only with her pistols, to where Shiller and the Mutant Lizard rolled across the wet pavement. The two came to a stop, the lizard standing over Shiller's limp form with its back to Wright, saliva dripping from the corners of its mouth. Wright sprinted forward, firing both guns at the dinosaur. It jerked as the bullets struck its neck and back, and crumpled to the ground.Wright knelt by the side of her significant other. He was still alive, but it appeared that wouldn't be true for too much longer. She heard a hiss, and realized that the lizard was still alive as well. She stood, spun around, rammed her foot down on its neck, and shot it through the eye. The beast lay still. She then turned back to Shiller, and scooped him up off the ground."Don't you die, Benjamin Shiller," she whispered, balancing his unconscious form across her shoulders. "Don't you DARE die on me." Wright took a deep breath, checked the remaining ammo in her guns, and sprinted towards DAHQ."MEDIC!"------------------------Hotwire held down the triggers for the Cryothermic Cannons until his thumbs hurt. And still the horde of mutant dinos seemed endless. Larson skillfully guided the Talon II over a five-story building, giving him a clear shot at the T-Rexes flanking the armored, glowing form of Dr. Rex himself. A missile streaked from the XL-4 Voltaic launcher, felling one of the beasts. The one behind it turned with a roar and fired its eyebeams at the T-1. The lasers skittered across the helicopter's refractive armor, and Larson attempted to fly higher to get out of range."Do you think perhaps you could fly just slightly more steadily?"Hotwire turned and saw Kat standing in the portside doorway of the Talon II with one foot on the deck and the other in the winch's hook. Her left hand was clutching the rope, and there was a Sonic Screamer slung across her back."What are you--" he cried, but was interrupted as Larson, aiming at another T-Rex, steadied the craft again."Ah, that's better. Thank you very much."Too late, Hotwire noticed the change in her diction, and the hint of Barron in her voice. Katerina Schattenberg hit the button on the winch and jumped out of the helicopter. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Things were chaotic as Hertz's stretcher was hastily moved through a series of corridors. Covered in bandages and skin grafts, he was carefully being moved to the basement. Down the elevator, they finally entered the dark corridors beneath the base. Crusher was busy pushing, but Carver never left his side. Finally, she wheeled him into the room they'd picked to continue working in. This was a fairly spacious room filled with stretchers holding other patients. The equipment had been set up, and lights had been placed to make it easier to see."We'd better stay here," Crusher said. "Carver, since you're here you might wan to help me with some of the other patients as well. We're almost done."At that moment, Pierce, Copper, and Shaw entered, helping Clickitt and Enter and Return with the last few stretchers.

OOC:Oops. I think I failed to mention that I had imagined that Solomon and Dr. Cyborg had met in XERRD, and that Solomon would recognize him.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

"It would be nice," grumbled Shadow, "if Alpha Team's promised reinforcements could arrive as quickly as possible. We need them right now!"
OOC: And, here they are, as promised. :P Maybe I could have delayed them a bit more for more Dramatic Effect, but, better earlier than never.IC:Magma stared in astonishment at the battle before them. The wreckage of more Dino Attack vehicles than he cared to count littered the banks of the river, along with probably a thousand dead or stunned Mutant Dinos.And hundreds more Mutant Dinos were still massing, preparing to charge on DA HQ. Hundreds more were fighting even now, cutting into what looked like the final lines of defense between Headquarters and the approaching army. Some of the villains' forces had arrived in the river and were trying to fight their way through the Dinos occupying it, but they seemed to be equally bogged down.It was complete chaos. Dino Attack was in disarray, that much was clear.The others on the bridge- Shark, Sting, and Cee Dee- were all clearly stunned as well.It was Sting who found his voice first. "Orders, Magma?"Magma's eyes narrowed, and he tapped the intercom switch."This is Magma to all Alpha Team personnel. I want every Blue Eagle launched immediately, understood? Get those things in the air as fast as possible! Anyone who isn't urgently needed for that, get to a weapons station. And if you run out of weapons stations, grab a hand weapon and get to a window, understood?"He hesitated, as their airship drew closer to the massive Mutant Dino hordes. Then he gave the order that would seal their fates, but just might save the day."Target everything and open fire!"***Agent Fireball, who was manning one of the few Fire Hammers still intact, squinted up at the sky. A massive... something was approaching. It looked- like one of those combat airships the team used to have access to?Around him, the pace of the fighting seemed to slow for a moment as he heard other agents shout their observations, in person and over the communication network."It must be Kotua in the Voltage! They've returned to save us!""How do you know he's here to save us? Maybe he's here to destroy us... remember, Kotua was not trustworthy!""No, no, don't be ridiculous. The Voltage was ten times the size of that ship. It must be something else!""Yeah, but like I said, is it the cavalry or is it here to sealing our doom? Some new superweapon from XERRD?"Agent Fireball frowned as he studied the ship. It looked so familiar... but what was it? And then he remembered: the Iron Hammer!He had been a Dino Attack agent assigned to that airship, long ago, before it was destroyed in a fight with the Voltage- or apparently destroyed. Because it was now floating in the sky above them.About a dozen blue fightercraft emerged from the ship, followed by a weapons barrage that lit up the sky and cut straight through the smoke of the battle. Where the weapons struck, Mutant Dinos were deactivated, stunned, killed, and disintegrated.Then the Iron Hammer released another barrage, cutting down a horde of Mutant Raptors that had been about to rush him, and Fireball wondered if they might win the battle after all.***"Keep firing! Clear a path to the Dino Attack Team!" Magma ordered."Sir," Cee Dee reported, "Everyone is trying to contact us.""Everyone?" asked Magma, sarcastically."Shadow and Specs, speaking for DA Command, Elite Agents Reptile, Semick, Hotwire.. a Super Sea Drone or three from some underwater-""I think I get the idea," Magma said loudly, attempting to speak both over Cee Dee and the explosion caused by a Mutant Pterosaur swarm slamming into the Iron Predator before someone turned on the PLARXX systems and returned fire. "Put us on with Shadow and Specs, and then take the rest." he ordered.OOC: If this post wasn't completely clear, Alpha Team reinforcements have arrived in a combat airship (that is large, but still much smaller than the Voltage), launched some vehicles, and begun attacking the Dinos from behind.Rather than write the posts of Magma and company talking to the founding members, the Elite Agent comm network, and probably quite literally everyone else, I'll leave this open for others to write should they be interested.
current_events_sigbanner.png

OOC: Again, if Trigger is so certain that Dino Attack is fighting a losing battle, then he has nowhere to run. Then again, if Silencia Venomosa herself couldn't get that through his head, I don't think anyone can.IC: "Get your hands off of me! Get off! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down!"To say that Andrew Jackson was very irritated would be an understatement. It seemed that his stroke of bad luck had gone from bad to worse. Now, not only had someone stolen his belongings, but in response for trying to smoke out whichever son of a MegaBlok did it, the other Dino Attack agents demanded that he shut up!"Yeah, yeah," groaned the elite agent who had grabbed him and taken him aboard a T-1 Typhoon. "Are you mad? You're running around in your underwear, without any weapons, and you won't stop shouting into the radio when everyone else is using the comm chatter to coordinate a proper defense! Here, put on this Dino Attack uniform... make yourself look decent. I'm sick of looking at you like this."Grumbling to himself, Andrew Jackson took the uniform that wasn't his and put it on. The ex-firefighter didn't always look like a dirty, sweaty, pale, and unshaven homeless bum; before the Dino Attack, some of his friends told him that he looked like he could have been a famous historical figure. But after that tragedy and the ensuing war, Andrew Jackson could care less about what he looked like. Ironically for a former firefighter, he now looked as though he had not touched a single drop of water in the past few months, not even to wash his hands, much less bathe himself.As soon as Andrew Jackson put on the Dino Attack uniform, the elite agent gestured towards the back of the helicopter cabin and said, "Now get back there and keep quiet. We're getting you out of here as soon as we can, Mr. Jackson, so I suggest you stay out of the way."Rolling his eyes and muttering under his breath, Andrew Jackson walked into the back of the cabin and saw another Dino Attack agent sitting there, staring straight forward. Beside the Dino Attack agent was a stretcher, and although the Minifig placed on the stretcher was covered with a sheet, Andrew Jackson immediately knew what it meant. "Oh, good!" he grinned. "More dead bodies! Are we going to cremate them afterwards?""Be quiet back there!" shouted the elite agent from the cockpit. "Show some respect!""Respect," grumbled Andrew Jackson as he took a seat beside the other Dino Attack agent. "Bah! I'm the one who deserves some respect around here! They all call me 'mad', 'psycho', 'crazy', 'maniac'... but I'll show them. I'll show them who's mad! Oh, yes! I'll show them, and then I'll light them on fire, and laugh as they scream and burn, and-""If I hear one more word that has anything to do with pyromania," ordered the elite agent, "then I'm going to force you to wear a balaclava to muffle your voice!"Andrew Jackson rolled his eyes. He turned to look at the Dino Attack agent sitting beside him. He barely noticed that the other agent was still staring straight forward, having not moved a muscle since Jackson boarded the T-1 Typhoon. Furrowing his brow, Andrew Jackson looked over the other Dino Attack agent. "Hey, wait..." he realized. "I know you! Hey, remember me? We worked together on the LEGO Island mission! I helped out in the attack on the XERRD laboratory! Oh, man, that was fun! By the time I was done there, every Mutant Dino, XERRD scientist, and Inferno goon had third-degree burns on 95% of their bodies!"The other Dino Attack agent didn't respond at all. He just kept staring straight ahead.Jackson didn't mind; instead, he kept on talking. "Didn't see much of you after that, though. I helped out the team in the desert area, though I hear that there was a lot of action in the jungle too. Meh, I suppose they kept me out of the jungle so I wouldn't burn it down in mass deforestation... which, of course, would have taken care of all those pesky Mutant Dinos who deserve to burn anyways, and I burned them too, out the in desert, and it would've been fun to see the whole jungle on fire! Hah! But no, they kept me in the desert. The desert's fine too; very hot out there, and the sun is the king of all blazing infernos."Leaning in closer, Andrew Jackson continued in a low voice: "Now, nobody's believing me, but after we got back from a successful mission, I celebrated in the mess hall with Demoman... he's a real party animal, you know... had a few drinks... and then I woke up, locked in my room, and all my stuff is stolen! I later found out there was a mole hunt going on, and a lot of Second Headquarters Squad's members were killed. Too bad that I was... out... or else I could have smoked that mole out for you guys, even if I had to burn Dino Attack Headquarters to the ground to do it! I'm a master spy checker, by the way. But nope... I was out cold, and some son of a MegaBlok took all my stuff! And when I find out who did it, I swear, I'm going to make sure he burns in MegaBlokland for it, just like all those Mutant Dinos!" Andrew Jackson caught himself, controlling the volume of his voice and checking to make sure that the elite agent in the cockpit did not hear.The other Dino Attack agent was still unresponsive."You know," nodded Andrew Jackson, "I like you. You're the kind of person who doesn't talk back. Not like my eldest daughter, anyway. Oh, she was a sweet little girl enough in her youth, like most girls her age. And then, when she became a teenager... that's when she became a rebellious little brat who hated her folks for... you know, no reason other than being a whole generation older than her. Typical rebellious teenager crud. And then she ran away with someone named Sam... haven't heard from her since. Not that I care anymore... it's not like she would ever do something to help her old man, even in these dark times."Glancing out the window, Andrew Jackson sighed. "It wasn't always like this, you know. I used to be a firefighter... I used to stop fires, not start them. But then when I came home one day and found my house burned to the ground, my family trapped inside, and these Mutant Lizards... these little sons of MegaBloks to blame... that's when I gave in to the urges that every Minifig has buried deep within. For you see... deep down, we all just want to see the world burn. We want to give in to our destructive tendencies and watch the inferno. And there's nothing that can trigger this urge quite like your lust for revenge! Oh, yes! That's what happened to me! As I set a Mutant Dino on fire... I love every moment of it, and I lust for the moment that I can set the next son of a MegaBlok on fire! They burned my home, they burned my family... and now, they burn for it! It's like I always say..."Leaning in close, Andrew Jackson whispered into the other Dino Attack agent's ear: "Make life rue the day it thought it could put you through MegaBlokland... by taking the fires of MegaBlokland and bringing them back to LEGO Planet!"Although the other Dino Attack agent still did not respond, Andrew Jackson patted him on the back. "Just remember that!" he grinned. "There's nothing quite like the lust for revenge, for when the world burns you, you burn the world back! You just want to set the world on fire! You laugh as everything is absorbed into a blazing inferno! Arson and pyromania become your best friends as you kindle, char, inflame, and ignite! You burn up the world, and you're really a fright! And only then will Builder know that He should have known better than to hand you combustible lemons!" Andrew Jackson laughed manically.Groaning, the elite agent entered the cabin and grabbed Andrew Jackson by the arm. "That's it," he grumbled, "I'm getting you a balaclava!""Remember what I said!" called Andrew Jackson as he was dragged out of the cabin. "Lust for revenge! Set the world on fire!"And while the other Dino Attack agent, none other than elite agent Rex, did not move so much as a muscle, he heard Andrew Jackson's words as they echoed in his head.OOC: Okay, so the way that I wrote Andrew Jackson is vague enough to allow for two possibilities.Version 1: Andrew Jackson is just some random Dino Attack agent who, by means of Remember The New Guy, participated in the LEGO Island mission. When he was talking about fighting in the desert, he was referring to the desert of Adventurers' Island. When the Dino Attack squads from across the world returned to headquarters, he celebrated with Demoman... and woke up, missing his belongings thanks to a Noodle Incident. Like many other Dino Attack agents, he lost his family in the initial invasion and joined the team to avenge their deaths, so there's nothing to raise an eyebrow at about that.Version 2...

Andrew Jackson is actually the real agent Pyro, who did participate in the LEGO Island mission. When he was talking about fighting in the desert, he was referring to the Wild West, Gold City, and Fort Legoredo. After Pyro had a few drinks with Demoman, word started getting out about the mole's killing spree. Andrea Jackson Orange is actually Pyro's daughter, who survived the Dino Attack because she was moved out and living with Sam Orange, and knowing the potential danger that her father was in, took advantage of his intoxicated state, locked him in his room for his own safety, and took his gear in order to pretend that she was Pyro. That way, if the mole came for Pyro, he would instead find (a very-sober) Andrea, who wished to protect her father from the man who was killing Pyro's teammates. This would account for the very different personalities between the PeabodySam Pyro and the Atton Rand Pyro. The reason I placed this under a spoiler tag is because, if Andrew and Andrea ever meet, and Andrea explains her reasons for taking Andrew's identity, it could potentially lead to a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming as father and daughter realize that they are not so different after all and, despite Andrea's rebellious streak in her teenage years, they still really do love each other and were brought closer by the deaths of their families.

OOC:Thing is, Atton, I never "actually" intended to do anything with Martinet. He's just out in the battlefield kicking brick and putting is back to better and would magically appear if I needed him. My primary focus in on "My" Fab Five (Zach, Minerva, Nazareno, Vinyaya, and Zelda), my members of XERRD (Blaire Darkling and Oswald Fabello) and our plucky cloudcuckoolander Athena Fabello.But...Consider Wade with Martinet. And I'd recommend sending him and Martinet over to Shiller and Wright, since the latter did call for a medic.

I didn't even know who Matthew Vherestorm was, to be honest, so the impact of the twist was kinda lost of me. But thanks to the Dino Attack RPG Wiki, I was able to realize the significance of the character to Nazareno and arguably the rest of the cast. Thanks, Dino Attack RPG Wiki! *Thumbs Up* [/shamelessplug]
lol. That's because Vherestorm only received one post in the limelight during Zelda and Nazareno's spar and one passing mention between Zach and Vinyaya during/after the shipping thing. Both these mentions are exactly one month apart from each other, which leaves almost one-two months since he was mentioned. A Chekhov's Gunman, if you will.But still, Kudos to the Dino Attack RPG Wiki!Version 2 guys. Go for version 2. Don't read it. Just choose it. I have to admit, I was in stitches over some unshaven, sweaty guy talking into some agent's ear. The mental image was just...lol.IC:Matthew Vherestorm smirked as Zach, Zelda, and Minerva back away upon hearing his name. Only Vinyaya and Nazareno planted their feet on the ground."Am I hear this right, Vhere-" Nazareno began.Vherestorm raised a hand. "Please. Matthew Vherestorm is dead. I only mentioned his ​existence for exposition reasons and dramatic effect. Please refer to me by my real name, Blaire Darkling."Nazareno raised an eyebrow. "Your real last name is an informal word that was used on this planet to refer to Stromlings?"Vherestorm laughed coldly. "I suppose so. I lacked a proper last name when I decided to start using my real first name again, so I chose Darkling with the thinking, 'Oh, that guy has the guts to use a name for the Maelstrom's foot soldiers as his last name? What a badman.'"Nazareno considered questioning why 'Blaire' didn't have a last name or his flaw logic, but decided again it. "So, Blaire Darkling, you've taken control of XERRD?""Indeed," Blaire said. "Dr. Rex is no longer fit to run this organization, and Michelle Glados has been killed. In the scramble for leadership, I have taken the reigns.""How did you get in with XERRD?" Nazareno asked. "Hired gun?"Blaire scoffed. "No. I reformed in 2007 and joined the Nexus Force and Paradox, hoping to redeem myself. My skills caught the attention of Dr. Rex, and I joined XERRD to aide in their quest for scientific advancement."Nazareno gestured to the battlefield around him. "I can clearly see your 'reformation' among all this chaos," Nazareno said sarcastically.For the first time, Blaire sighed. "No need for sarcasm, old friend. I do realize what I have helped commit." Nazareno didn't say anything. So if Blaire was aware that what he was doing was against his reformation, why did he continue with this? He had control of XERRD, he could align with the Dino Attack Team and its allies and possibly be redeemed.Blaire gestured to Nazareno. "Come, Kareem," Blaire hissed, a smile forming on his face. "One last fight, for old times's sake." Nazareno positioned his swords to attack. Blaire put the gun away in his trenchcoat and began to reach for something else when-Boom! A large Mutant T-Rex foot landed between Nazareno and Darkling. The T-Rex unleashed a loud roar of anger and turned to the Fire Hammers and Urban Avenger assembled beneath him."Attack!" Zach roared, over turning Nazareno's seize fire. Both Fire Hammer began to fire upon the Mutant T-Rex. Nazareno turned his head and saw Zach and Minerva quickly entering on of the Fire Hammer, which then turned and drove away. Andrew's Fire Hammer fired a few more shots before turning sharply and driving away. Vinyaya was running toward her Urban Avenger with Zelda close behind. Nazareno looked back at the T-Rex's feet. Blaire was gone. Disappeared into the chaos.Nazareno swore angrily and ran toward Vinyaya's Urban Avenger and grabbed on to her roll-cage with Zelda as Vinyaya sped away."We need to find him," Nazareno growled."Andrew, Zach, and Minerva will probably go on to the comms and tell everyone to keep an eye out for Blaire," Vinyaya said, taking a shot at a Mutant Raptor. "We'll take down every leader XERRD puts up until they put in someone who realizes the Darkitect will destroy them if they don't help."The full realization that his long time rival was now the leader of XERRD suddenly hit him. He had long thought Vherestorm to be dead. Now he was back, and clearly still wished to antagonize Nazareno.Vinyaya glanced up at Nazareno briefly. "I know you want to take him out," Vinyaya said quietly. "But he did say he reformed. He's aware of the evil he's helped commit. Semick sent out a message calling for XERRD's aide, right?" Nazareno nodded. "There's a chance he may have XERRD switch sides. You'll have work with him."Nazareno scowled angrily. "I suppose if the Alpha Team can work with Ogel, I can work with Vherest - Darkling."Zelda spoke up," Consider this. If we win, Darkling will probably make a run for it because of his past crimes. You'll still get your chance to take him down."Nazareno grinned darkly. "I suppose so." Nazareno then jumped from the Urban Avenger and landed on a Mutant Lizard's head. He signaled for Zelda to join him. She jumped off as well. Nazareno quickly signaled his thanks for the ride to Vinyaya before turning to Zelda."Now," he began, pointing toward Cyrista's Bane, which was moving closer to the headquarters. "Let's take that thing down."

OOC: I will admit version 2 is intruiging. It would imply that Pyromania runs in the family (so does that mean Barry Jackson is a closeted pyromaniac as well?). There is still one plot hole that doesn't add up. I'd write it but I can't figure out hos to write spoiler tags on my phone. Unless anyone's got a suggestion I'll have to wait until I can use a computer to type it.I didn't have any big plans for Wade either, but since you were so insistent he go on the front lines it seemed more realistic for him to get help and who better than the former army medic?

OOC: I think I sense a difference in opinions here. I'm the one writing posts with the idea that Dino Attack is taking heavy losses, but still going strong with plenty of agents holding out, me having not killed or severely injured any of my characters yet, and people like Semick keeping to their optimism (mostly) that they can still win this.Meanwhile, nearly everyone is killing or injuring their characters severely (Rex's lost everyone he's cared about, Hertz is deaf, Vinyaya lost an eye, one of the two insanely awesome Agents riders is most likely dead) and Takanuva's writing seems to get across that we're essentially on our last legs.Maybe I need to lay off the Pyrovision goggles or something. Speaking of which, I vote Verison 2.*Tries to imagine Rex in a wheelchair on a rampage with a flamethrower*IC: Semick realized quickly that it would take some time before he could get any reponse from the aircraft that had just arrived and was providing cover fire now. Everyone was trying to find out what it was. The comn chatter made that clear:"Took Space Police long enough!""That ain't the Dadleus, bud.""And in the nick of time! We're barely holding out as it is!""I need a hero! I'm holding out for a hero 'till the end of the night!""Pfft, maybe you're having a hard time, but I'm doing pretty well, as is most of my comrades! We're winning this easily!""So then do you have a plan for the Maelstrom-infused T-Rex coming at our base?""Just shoot at it! Do you need a better plan than that?!""Glad to see Alpha Team's finally helping. That's one of their crafts for sure.""Ospery," Semick said to his Agent ally over the radio, "You have any guesses about this thing?""Not one of ours," was the reply, "but guessing by the color scheme, I'd say its our old rivals'. Impressive, I didn't know they had any ships like this.""I think it's something Alpha Team tried to use against Kotua during his mad period," said Andrew. "The Iron Mallet or something. I think it was shot down, but I guess they fixed it.""Well, I'm happy nonetheless," said Reptile. "I just wish they could've come sooner. But at least we'll have the help with this Dino Rush and Dr. Rex.""Do any of you honestly think that the 'shoot it with everything you got' method some of the men have been talking about will work?" asked B, who, though not Elite, was friends enough with most of the current Elite agents to get access to their comn network."I have my doubts," said Reptile, "but scientifically speaking, everything has its limits. The electrocution Adventure gave him must've fried his body inside out, and only the Maelstrom is keeping him up, literally. After what you did at Adventurer's Island, technically all the Maelstrom presence should've been wiped from the planet except for the essence that's key to Mutant Dino DNA. Now I don't know how much of a foothold that gives the Darkitect or whatever he is to keep his presense, but clearly its enough to keep Dr. Rex alive a while longer.""And Maelstrom possession has a habit of giving extra strength and regeneration abilities to what it possesses," noted Ospery. "Compounded with Dr. Rex's Silge armor, that means it's going to take a Megablokland of a barrage to even have a chance of killing him.""In regard to the Silge," Reptile continued, "there is a chance that the Maelstrom's natural corruption hazard could possibly make it began to decay. It's a natural weakness of the Ssol component, but it's combination with G.E. metal, which is naturally immune to Maelstrom energies to a great degree, usually cancels it out. But if the Darkitect himself is acting through Dr. Rex, it could be enhancing the Maelstrom decaying energies to a degree high enough to start decomposing the Silge. And on another note, whatever method Dr. Rex used to fashion the armor on himself could become susceptible to the Maelstrom decay as well, so eventually the armor could just fall right off.""Possibly," said Semick, "but we don't have enough time to wait for that to happen. Still, I get your point. Dr. Rex is almost a zombie in terms of his body state right now, and in spite of every bit of invincibility fate seems to be handing him, it could lead to him falling apart if enough stress is put upon him. But that would take time we might not have.""Let's hope XERRD provides some advice," said Andrew. "I just got out of an encounter with a guy named Blaire Darkling, who's apparently calling the shots now for them. He's apparently some kind of notorious criminal, but he said some things about wanting to redeem himself, so he might help. If not, we can still kill him and hope the next new leader actually has a smarter head. Otherwise, we're on our own, Alpha Team and us.""Right," said Ospery. "Which means that we have to keep thinking of ways we could possibly halt him. Remember that, comrades. The Maelstrom's biggest enemy is creativity, and if there's one thing I think Minifigs are naturally good at, it's creative thinking. Keep sharp."------------"This is Digger. Specs, Shadow, Viper and I are in a T-1 monitoring the battle, so keep the comn clear of annoying badgering about us not being around. Also, Semick, you're doing alright getting the Elites to work together, at least, so congrats on that.""I knew being annoying enough would help.""You know, that Andrew Jackson guy might want to talk with Pyro. Seems like she could give him some answers.""Anything that keeps that guy quiet is good enough for me.""I need some new goggles.""Has anyone seen that Trigger guy? I'd expect him to have some good advice on how to fight these things.""I think he ran away. The coward.""Revenge... fire...""Who said that?"

OOC: I'm on a computer now, so I can elaborate more on the plot hole I noticed with vesion 2

The thing about Andea Jackson being Andrew Jackson's daughte that doesn't quite add up is the fact that when she was unmasked she'd vey clearly been wearing that suit for an insane period of time (her skin was descibed as being almost gray, there's no way that could have happened in just twenty-four hours), not to mention she wore a mask long that it started messing with her mind, again, not something that would happen in just twenty-four hours. So how exactly did her skin get so insanely pale if she didn't wear the suit that much. The best explanation I can think of is if she had been impersonating her father as early as Gold City at least. If that's the case, than it would explain her hallucinations. Aside from the fact that wearing a mask for so insanely long does things to your brain, she could have just felt bad about committing murder, and to cope with it, her deranged mind re-envisions the field as a sugar bowl world where she gets to spread joy and happiness to little winged babies

OOC:Don't feel bad, Andrewnuva. I must be wearing Pyrovision goggles, too, because I see us as not suffering significent losses, but losses none the less.Still typing the draft.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Version 2 all the way.A note on this IC -- I've been imagining the line of Iron Predators as being a few hundred yards away from HQ. If this isn't the case, then please just bear with me for the sake of the narrative :PMost of this post happens immediately before TC01's post. And I apologize if it gets a bit gruesome.IC: Shiller's lips and fingertips were turning blue. Wright could feel his pulse slowing, and the DAHQ was still about two hundred yards away. She gritted her teeth and increased her pace, aware that more Mutant Lizards were noticing them. The fact that Shiller was leaving a thin trail of blood didn't help matters much. Wright stepped in a pothole, stumbled, and hit the ground. Her chin struck the pavement hard, but she hauled herself up, breathing heavily, and stood protectively over Shiller's prone form. They were surrounded.Wright spat out a mouthful of blood and raised her pistols. "Come on if you think you're hard enough," she snarled.A lizard leapt, and she opened fire, shooting it until both her guns were empty. She drew a knife from her boot and braced herself for the next attacker.At that moment, over the screams, roars, and pounding of gunshots and cannon fire, she heard something else -- a bloodcurdling howl of fury, not far off, and quickly approaching. Wright saw a ripple of nervousness travel through the surrounding dinosaurs, and a moment later the source of the sound appeared. A huge bearded man was plowing through the lizards and raptors like a carpenter's drill through Playwell-Dough, wielding a huge sword in one hand and an SMG in the other. His Agents uniform was stained with the dark blood of the Mutant Dinosaurs.Within seconds, all the Mutant Lizards that had surrounded Wright and Shiller were dead. The massive swordsman turned to Wright with his weapons still raised. A pair of sunglasses hung lopsided from his face, and she could see madness in his eyes."Peace! Friends!" she cried, raising her knife defensively. The Agent raised his broadsword to strike, and faltered.------------------------Epic Winston shook his head and blinked away the red haze clouding his vision. The last thing he could remember was crushing Sargon's neck in one hand; the wretched scum had expected to continue fighting with swords, and hadn't been able to dodge. It was then that the Rage had taken over. And now he was standing in front of two Dino Attack Agents, one of whom appeared close to death already, with his sword raised to attack. He lowered his arm. The Rage was a powerrful tool, but one that must always be kept in check. And he had failed to do so."I am terribly, terribly sorry," he rumbled, his deep voice choked and hoarse. "I lost control. My brother...slain in one hit by the most vile..." The DA agent who stood before him, a long-haired young woman with a knife in her hand and tears on her face -- although the latter she seemed not to notice at all -- nodded."I understand the feeling. Too many good people have died today." She gestured to the sandy-haired man bleeding on the pavement. "But maybe, with your help, we can save one."Epic Winston wordlessly handed her Hazmatt's SMG, and, with the same hand that had killed Sargon, lifted the unconscious DA agent onto his shoulder. He nodded to the woman and they took off again, towards DAHQ.------------------------You unspeakable hag! Kat screamed. Are you insane? You're going to get us both killed! And there's no way out this time! No power-ups, no extra lives--"Be silent," Katerina snapped, as she picked herself up and checked the Sonic Screamer to ensure it was still in working order. "This may be vitally important to the survival of the planet, and I am not able to concentrate with you shouting in the back of my head."YOUR head?"All right, OUR head. Are you satisfied now?" She surveyed her surroundings; she was on one of the higher buildings, though still dwarfed by the DAHQ and the skyscrapers further downtown.Oh yes, of course, I'm COMPLETELY satisfied, Kat replied. I really DON'T mind the fact that you're breaking our agreement. I don't even care that you just popped out and took control after you promised you'd GET MY CONSENT FIRST."Requesting forgiveness is easier by far than requesting permission," Katerina said simply, walking to the edge of the building.Oh yeah, I can totally imagine you asking for forgiveness, Kat spat.Katerina briefly gauged the distance to the next building, shorter by one floor. "To put this casually," she said crossly, "halt die Klappe. 'Shut up,' as one might say. There are things that must be done."------------------------Swerve was not in an easy position, to say the least. Left without either of his gunners, he was forced to operate the Cryothermic Cannon from the driver's seat, which decreased his accuracy somewhat. Granted, he didn't blame Wright for acting as she had -- there were a couple occasions he could recall when he'd done the same for Talon, and vice-versa -- and he certainly hoped that she would succeed in saving her boyfriend, but that didn't change the fact that avoiding a messy fate was now a bit more difficult. The Iron Hammer had arrived, but so far, the AT forces present were more occupied with providing more air support. Squadrons of Blue Eagles screamed out of the hangars.At the moment, Swerve was attempting to fend off a pair of Mutant Raptors. He managed to strike a glancing blow on one, but at the same time, the other sprang.A missile struck it from the right, and Swerve looked over to see a Solar Speeder in Alpha Mode whizzing up. He grinned under his ski mask. There was only one agent he knew of who was that skilled at driving in reverse. His suspicions were confirmed when Mort's voice rang out over his radio."You look like you could use a hand.""Sure could, if you got a spare in your cooler.""Very witty," Mort responded. "Listen, I'm sorry for the way I behaved back in the medical wing. If it's still that same mind of yours, I don't care whether you're made of bone or metal or cake.""No worries," Swerve said as the Solar Speeder pulled alongside his IP. He looked out at the next wave of dinos, which was fast approaching. "Any ideas for what to do now?""I'm thinking we should go with North Pacific, Christmas 2006," Mort suggested. "Stick together, don't conserve ammo, and don't die.""Oh, don't you worry about me," Swerve replied cheerily. "I'm already dead."

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: So just to be sure we're on the same page here, I'm assuming Martinet's "ambulence" is something along the lines of a modified Fire Hammer (a bit like what we used on Adventurers' Island), as in, a similar frame, presumably armored, but with the interior modified to be able to hold patients more easily and possibly the rear cannon replaced by a storage area for medical supplies.IC: "Look over there," Wade said as he pointed through the window. In front of them was a tough-looking bearded agent accompanying a young woman who seemed to be carrying a wounded man. Martinet quickly pulled the vehicle to a halt. "I a-think we have our first patient," he said.Opening the door, Wade stepped out."You gotta come quick," the woman said."What's wrong?""It's her friend," the man replied. "He's hurt real bad!""Let me take a look. Would you mind putting him down?"The female agent complied, and slowly lowered the body. As Martinet got some equipment out of the vehicle, Wade got down on his knees and started to examine the patient, pulling off his shirt."Is he going to be alright?" the woman asked."I don't know," replied Wade. "With some surgery maybe. If we can stabilize him we might be able to get him to the hospital and leave him with Pierce."Martinet came up to Wade with a stretcher. The two of them slowly put Shiller on."We'd better do it in the ambulance," Wade remarked. "It'll be safer in there. Either of you particularly close to this man?"The woman nodded."You got a name?""Wright.""Wright, you should probably come with us, at least until we can get him into surgery. It'll help a lot if he has someone he knows by his side."

At the moment, there was a slight break for the doctors, fortunately. For most of them, it was unsettling working in their new environment. Despite the lights providing enough for surgery, and the lights already present, it still seemed dark. Occasionally above they could hear sounds of what was going on, explosions and such.Carver was still taking care of Hertz, who'd finally been stabilized, doing her best to comfort him despite his lack of hearing. In the corner, Shaw sat on her own on a bench, praying quietly to herself."You alright?" Crusher asked, looking at her nervously. Shaw nodded. Crusher slowly sat down and took a seat with her."I couldn't help but notice you muttering," Crusher said. "You've been looking tense these last few hours, Dr...""Shaw.""Yes," replied Crusher. "Shaw.""Do you believe in faith?" Shaw asked, shyly. Crusher remained silent, but looked at her in confusion."I do," replied Shaw. "I don't know if there's anybody up there, or who it is; PeabodySam, Zeus, Anubis, creator, builder, Ole Kirk Christiansen. I just like to believe that somewhere up there, there is someone watching us. Someone with us, who is helping us. I think at this point we can probably use all the help we can get."Shaw slowly clutched her cross in the palm of her hand.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: I was insistent on getting Martinet to the front lines so I may use him later for something important. As of now, Martinet is free for anyone to use to solve their medical crisises (Shiller's, for example). Looks like Atton got it in before I could say it.Heh, yours and avmatoran's posts might be the only semi-bright spot in the battle, Andrewnuva199. Unless you both suddenly start punishing your characters physically, mentally, or emotionally. As for me, Brickhouse's death was only the beginning...

"I do," replied Shaw. "I don't know if there's anybody up there, or who it is; PeabodySam,
Loling all the way to the bank.Time to put into action something I came up with a few days ago.IC:Holly Vinyaya's Urban Avenger turned sharply and opened fire on a pack of Mutant Lizards. So far, her eye (or lack of it) wasn't causing too much problems. The rain splashing against her scars caused mild irritation, but thanks to the painkillers she was keeping nearby, it wasn't too much of a problem.The so-called new leader of XERRD Blaire Darkling's revelation of him being Matthew Vherestorm stirred feelings only vaguely familiar to when Trigger called out Amanda Claw as Silencia Venomosa. While they never actually learned if Trigger's claims were true and the fact that Claw was now dead, Vinyaya had been willing to put behind her suspicions. Claw might have been a dangerous terrorist, but at least she was on their side. Blaire Darkling was of a near-equal level danger and as of now, he was an enemy. He could cause a lot of problem on his own if he allowed XERRD to continue fighting.Trying to calm her nerves, she turned up the volume on her Urban Avenger's radio so she could hear what was happening."There are dinos everywhere, man.""Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?""Thanks for the newsflash, Captain Obvious.""Don't be so hard on her, mate. She's probably just in shock.""But that is her name. Captain Jessie Obvious.""...Oh.""I wish I was a ninja will elemental spinning powers.""O...kay?""Hey, it's Verrat! I haven't seen you since LEGO Island!"Blaire Darkling? Sounds like some no-ranker who decided to takeover from Glados simply because there was no one else.""Watch yourself, Randal. Mutant Raptor coming up beside you!""Got it, I...oh no."Vinyaya turned her head and saw a blond-haired man driving a Steel Sprinter nearby, a Mutant Raptor closing in on him. Suddenly, a Space Marauder with red hair and dark sunglasses rose out from behind the Mutant Raptor, two mechanical appendages sprouting from his back. One was gripping the Mutant Raptor's top scale while the other was clutching a strange-looking weapon that was glowing a strange bluish-violet color. The scientist laughed in a deep, baritone voice and fired the weapon.A bluish-violet beam of energy shot out of the weapon and struck the Steel Sprinter, disintegrating the midsection and the agent's (Randal, Vinyaya presumed) legs. Randal screamed in pain as the Steel Sprinter split apart and he tumbled to the ground.The scientist leaped from the Mutant Raptor and landed precariously on one tentacle. The scientist wasted no effort in pointing the weapon at Randal and finishing him off. Vinyaya scowled and turned her vehicle hard so she was facing the scientist."Paulie Gonepus, I presume?" she called out.Dr. Gonepus turned sharply on his appendage and let himself fall to his feet. He pointed his Maelaser at her and starting walking toward her sneering. "Wrong move, space cop," he said confidently. As he walked, Vinyaya noticed part of the armor on his right arm was gone. A bloody bandage rested on his shoulder. Vinyaya also noticed his right arm sway slightly, as if he had no control over it."I see someone got to your arm," Vinyaya pointed out. Gonepus frowned."And I see a Mutant Raptor got to your face," Gonepus spat. "Blasted snipers. No matter. Another arm can be added to my back. Nothing has changed!""It will, because I'm going to make sure you're six-feet under before this battle is over.""Oh really?" Gonepus snarled and fired his Maelaser. Vinyaya was expecting this and quickly drove out of the coming blast's way."Because of you, Gonepus," Vinyaya hissed, circling the XERRD scientist. "We went to the wrong temple on Adventurers' Island and led to the unnecessary deaths of many agents, most notably Elite Agent Mur. And now, even after knowing what the Darkitect has done, you continue to murder Dino Attack agents. People like you, Glados, and Darkling make me sick. You all three seem perfectly sane (less so with you, you murderous freak) and yet you all continue a fight that will only lead to your destruction!"Gonepus fired another blast, this one striking a Mutant Raptor. "Shut up," he hissed as Vinyaya circled him. "Glados is dead and Darkling will be soon enough." Gonepus scoffed briefly. "Darkling isn't even a real scientist! He has no authority running this organization!""Surprisingly enough, I trust him more to make the right move than I do you right now," Vinyaya said in a matter-of-fact tone. "A former associate of the Brickfather and uses a weapon that, when its not incinerating its victims, can also corrupt its targets into Stromlings garner less sympathy than a ruthless ex-intergalactic terrorist?""Bah!" Gonepus exclaimed, lifting himself back up with one mechanical arm. "My new Maelaser no longer corrupts. I...we decided that we're sick of Stromlings. So only a quick, painless incineration for you. That's better than some of my other colleagues' weapons. Perhaps you heard of Dr. Provencal's staff?""I don't really care about Provencal," Vinyaya said. She turned sharply and fired a Cosmotronic Ray blast, striking the ground near Gonepus' tentacle. Gonepus roared with anger. Vinyaya fired one last shot before turning and driving away."You've asked for it, space cop!" Gonepus yelled. "You've incurred the wrath of Doctor Paulie-znapping-Gonapus! IMMA-FIRIN' MAELASER!" Vinyaya jerked her vehicle to the left and watched a blast of Maelstrom strike the ground where her Urban Avenger had been. Briefly looking back, Vinyaya could see Gonepus pursuing her on both of his tentacles, his Maelaser in his left hand while his right hand dangled uselessly. Vinyaya scowled and looked back ahead.Come and play, Gonepus.OOC: Today I relearned that Paulie's last name is spelled "Gonepus" not "Gonapus".I'm hoping that, since Gonepus is cannon fodder (which ultimately translate into redshirt), losing use of his right arm is okay.And of course, this wouldn't be possible had that guy hadn't decided to use Spy Clops instead of Gonepus. Which meant Sarah Bishop probably could've killed Gonepus, solidifying her moment of Awesome. Oh well.

OOC:Which post is a bright spot? Believe me, a character or two of mine will suffer. The Apocalypse will do that to people.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: No, that was Winston.
Epic Winston wordlessly handed her Hazmatt's SMG, and, with the same hand that had killed Sargon, lifted the unconscious DA agent onto his shoulder.
OOC: Oh, I see. That was totally my fault. I guess I somehow misinterpreted the wording.

OOC: Atton- No worries, it's happened to all of us. 'T'would still be nice if you could add him into your IC, though.avmatoran- I think he just meant the fact that none of your characters have been harmed yet :P

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: But that potential doesn't change the fact that your posts so far have been comparatively bright spots. Which is good, because if everybody killed off their characters simultaneously it would get too depressing and we'd all go away. :PAnother IC coming tonight, probably.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You