The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: The slender needles had never sunk that deep into Laelius, and were designed to slide out anyway. Rastaque just flew off him and away OOC: Thats how the Matatu works, Rakata. And I've never seen anything that suggests other kinds of telekinesis work otherwise IC: Trian and Blinding White tumbled together out of the mist. Spotting a chance, Blinding White used a little power to turn the cloud into a block of solid ice, trapping the Rahi, Felix, Kuy'saz'ra and possibly Jaxenia. She seemed to have disappeared

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan stared back at Jontan, angered by the audacity of the being. The sharp look was enough to knock some back on their feet. He dropped the remaining mask into his pack, where it sat next to the mask of shielding. IC: Sledge / Haven Cove Sledge couldn't see the Makuta. He couldn't hear him. But in his subconscious mind, he felt a chill. Something was there... something bad. IC: Levacius / Western Coast The Griffon II would soon be passing the northern tip of Tooth Bane. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap A short pause. Then, a massive burst of fire cut outwards from the dome, leaving a huge hole. Melted iron continued dripping from it, and the blinding heat and light caused the entire group to stumble away. Suicavel, however, was nowhere to be seen. IC: Suicavel / Toothy Bane Suicavel moved through Toothy Bane. For some reason, he felt a need to go.... a need to go to Haven Cove. Why? Why did he want to go there? He continued his movements through the mountains. As he neared the perimeter, he spied a Caretaker. The Caretaker, which he could not identify the color of, had seen him too, and stared at him with vacant eyes."And what are you guarding, robot?" he asked with a hiss.The robot continued staring blankly. Suicavel hadn't come close enough yet to attack. Suicavel stared just as blankly. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Three of Team Patronage\IC: Felix was frozen with his jaws around Kuy'saz'ra, with the bulky toa likely having been about to pound his face into the ground. When they were unfrozen, this would not end well. Trian repeated her actions of earlier, and now that Blinding White actually was right beside her, she might actually hit him. She thrust her pitchfork down at his body.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: Jontan replied with his own glare. Then, figuring that the gesture would infuriate his teammate, the toa-hybrid turned his back to him. What had become of Laelius and Rastaque... The impact upon a piece of rock was enough to shake Rastaque awake. He feebly tossed a handful of needles as accurately and powerfully as he could at his opponent. Maybe one of them would hammer one of the needles still stuck in there in deeper.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Looking at Suicavel: Kono noticed the appearance of a new being, one who apparently had massive control over shadow; similar to the power he had over said element. "A beast of the night..." he said quietly to himself, looking at Suicavel as if he was the only object in sight. He then broke from his stare, and looked further into the Cove, wondering what the Caretakers could be hiding from them. IC Klax - Stoney Leap: Klax quickly absorbed the dome, releasing the massive amount of heat that Irriane had inflicted upon them by melting through the dome, Klax grunted, taking in breaths of cold air, "You could have asked for me to take the dome down," he said, looking around at the dark area that surrounded them still. "At least we can see somewhat," he said, turning around, and identifying what he thought was the Yawning Sunder, and Stoney Leap. "Looks like Suicavel is gone for now... otherwise he would have attacked us already." -Klax

Edited by Skarloth

OOC: I will respect your decisions, so I'll just see it your way. By the way.. where is Jaxenia.IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes:Amalia lifted the block of ice and flung it at Blinding White. She kept an aware sense of her surroundings as she noticed that Jaxenia was missing.

IC: Just as Trian was about to lash downwards the massive ice block Amalia had thrown smacked right into her, slamming her off the Toa with irresistible force. As it landed on Blinding White, he just absorbed those sections that touched him. It would look like he'd been crushed when really he was within a Toa-shaped mould in the glacier "Product will not be allowed to enter Haven Cove." Suicavel was told as the Caretaker glared at both him and Kono The needles rattled off Laelius' armour, not thrown hard enough to pierce the metal. The fire Toa sneered and drew his scissor-blade weapon. Placing it on the ground, he took a stance on it and channelled his element through it. On what was now a makeshift hoverboard he just started zooming away

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: Amalia's mouth drew open as Blinding White absorbed the ice. She should have thought about slamming it on him. She gripped the block of ice again, and smashed it into the ground, hoping the ice would shatter everyone in it.

IC: Suicavel / Haven Cove Suicavel didn't care enough about Kono to even notice him. Low on elemental power, he did have just enough to make his point.His point was the caretakers own shadow animating, and beginning to pull it apart. IC: Levacius / Western Coast Levacius continued sailing on. He was now due west of Haven Cove, and was turning his ship to the east as he passed around the corner of the island. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan moved up to the non-healing caretaker, and stared into its optics. "When am I getting new equipment?" he asked it. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Trian/Parched Wastes, Fighting Blinding White\IC: She was hit and thrown yet again, as she was about to kill Blinding White yet another time! Cursing rather loudly as she shakily stood, Trian directed two sand screamers which hadn't been frozen to try and tear at the toa of ice's back. Whether he was dead or alive, she wanted to mutilate his body.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: Jontan walked over and heaved Rastaque's body over his shoulder. The cool dude would come in handy, and if the opportunity ever came to indirectly kill another member of Patronage, he'd take it. Rastaque flopped freely over his partner's shoulder, unconscious. He had no say over where they were going, though they seemed to be moving south.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Toothy Bane Cautiously, Reya moved around the border of Haven Cove and Toothy Bane, still not putting one foot on the beach. She could see clearly many things around here, such as the ''people'' there were all Caretakers, with a few apparently surrounding something, but she couldn't tell what. She also spotted the great figure before them, although she didn't hear what it was saying. What was going on here, she couldn't tell, but she somehow knew the Shepherds were behind this. And then she considered how she could hurt them with the situation. Reya readied her equipment, in case there was going to be a skirmish. Then she noticed Kono was with her. ''Good, Kono, you're here,'' she said in very quiet whispers. ''Yes, those are Caretakers, and I think we have a big advantage here - especially with my powers. Just be prepared - I think there's a boat over there, and we may have to move soon...'' IC: Stony Leap ''We did.'' said Greel, who was stroking Rocky's powered down mane. ''I say we cross now, before any more trouble shows up.''

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: The Caretaker under Suicavel's assault vanished, teleporting away. No Caretaker, no shadow. No shadow, no threat. But it had to have teleported somewhere...Fear energy struck Suicavel from behind. Terror touched his blackened heart, wriggling into it like a worm. Normally this would just be a harmless warning to scare away an overly-curious contender, but Suicavel had actually attacked. The fear power kept pouring into him, rising to lethal levels... As Amalia shattered the ice block, lethally long slivers were sent flying at Trian. The destruction of the glacier also confused the Sand Screamers, who couldn't see what they were supposed to be attacking anymore. The general chaos of several wounded and angry Rahi being released meant no-one could really tell what was going on anymore In answer to Arillan's question the Caretaker just pointed at Talpid and Aderyn, indicating that what he'd already taken were his rewards for for now. "Further supplies upon victories."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan turned, facing north. "Then I'd best get started." he said, walking away from the others. IC: Suicavel / Tooth Bane The fear would be dangerous to others - it was dangerous to him. But in the mind of a being who had just senselessly killed off four other beings and crushed their remains with their own castle, only one thing had hold over him as fear - light.And there was no light, his mind said. He gritted his teeth and teleported using the shadows behind the Caretaker, stabbing the blade into the creature. IC: Levacius / Southeast of Haven Cove "What in Karzahni?" thought Levacius. A ship! A ship docked at Haven Cove! And not one built on the island, either. It was nice, and a fast one too.He had to get closer... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Though Bionicle physics aren't the same as IRL physics, ice shouldn't work that way. However, they would be badly cut all over.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra and Blinding White\IC: Trian cursed again as she threw herself to the ground so that most of the slivers missed. If that didn't kill the toa, she would find him. She tried to assert her control over the rahi, to mixed results. The best obeyed her and tried to find his body. The worst went crazy and attacked everyone besides her. Felix, as soon as the ice shattered, clenched his jaws down upon Kuy'saz'ra. Hopefully the toa would be split in half, despite his bulk.

OOC: Different kinds of freezing. Ahkmou was frozen solid, basically turned into ice. These guys were just encased in ice IC: The caretakers head rotated 180 degrees. Then its arms. Then its legs. What had been its back was now its front. It glared at Suicavel for a second before he was simply slammed flat onto the ground. It was like there was a massive hand crushing Suicavel into the ground. The pressure was so great that the earth around him was cracking and splintering, turning into a crater as the gravity piled on... The four Caretakers loaded Sledge onto the clipper. The Makuta took one last look around before clambering aboard too. Before he descended into the bowels of the ship he snapped his fingers. A wind sprang up, blowing the ship back into the sea. It turned away from the Cove beginning to sail towards the Dome Blinding White had apparently picked up a few tricks from Jaxenia. He too had used the chaos and confusion to vanish. The sea was nearby, it was likely both of them had used that to slink away unnoticed. Kuy'saz'ra had not. Instead he brought his fists down with titanic strength on Felix's jaw. There was a terrible cracking sound...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Toothy Bane Reya noticed the action by Suicavel and took the oppurtunity to try and pull Kono away from the border of the beach. They were safe away from there. ''Kono,'' she said, her voice so quiet he might just barely hear her, ''you have Shadow powers, right? I need you to teleport me to the water - not the beach or shore of it - but the water near it. I need you to do it when I tug your arm, and then hide and wait for my signal - you'll know when you see it.'' The Water Toa prepared her plan, just about ready to put it into action as soon as Kono responded.

Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra\IC: This didn't change the fact that Felix's teeth were now sunk deeply into the toa. In fact, the sharp pain from Kuy'saz'ra's two-fisted punch made his jaws tighten even further, enough to crush anything into a piece of rubbish. Well, except for possibly this buff toa. But hopefully it was enough.

IC: Levacius / The Southern Seas Levacius was close enough that with his improved vision, he could see the huge being. Just looking at it filled him with dread. Only one creature had done that to him before... it was a Makuta. But how could the Shepherds get a Makuta? It had to be a trick... right? As the ship began sailing, Levacius followed. He had to see where it was going, even if it cost him his new ship. IC: Suicavel / Toothy Bane "No..." Suicavel groaned. "I... am... the strongest of all!"Releasing what was left of his shadow energy, the crater around him began writhing in tentacles. The darkest, smallest places in the Caretaker pulled at its delicate framework. Its very eyes were pulling themselves apart. Its artificial mind, locked away in the depths of darkness, was torn apart from within. The ground itself seemed corrupted by the shadows. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Toothy Bane/Haven Cove Reya put her plan into action. In quick motions, she summoned her Observer with her mask, and threw the activaded machine it into the air. It darted around high in the air, recording the whole scene for all to see on the projected map: the Caretakers and the fleeing ship. Especially the ship. Now Reya ran through the beach, willing the remaining Caretakers with her mask to follow her orders, which attacked any of their fellow workers that weren't under her power. She made it to the shore, and reached out with her hands and Element. The very water around and underneath the clipper churned, rising up, threating to hurl the boat back to the shore. The few remaining Caretakers moved by her side, ordered to negate any forces tossed at her or used to move the ship forward. In order to devote more concentration to the waters, Reya turned off several robots. ''Kono!'' she cried. ''We need your help!''

IC: The crushing power of Felix's jaw was severely hampered by the fact that Kuy'saz'ra had just broken it. Even now he was forcing it open, child-like mind insulating him from Amalia's attempts at mental tampering. The Caretaker was a machine. A patchwork combination of Rahkshi, clockwork and technological alchemy. It felt no pain. It cared not about how it was damaged. It just kept piling on the gravity, flattening Suicavel like an insect under an enormous heel The four Caretakers on the beach wavered under Reya's sudden attack on their biomechanics...then stood up straight and looked right at her. Oh. Apparently controlling them would not be as easy as controlling an Observer. In unison all four raised their right arms, long, Kurahk-like spikes rising from them. Little fizzing balls of blue energy spat from this spikes in staccato bursts. Stasis fields. They were launching miniature stasis fields at her to bind and pin her.The fight had drawn the attention of the perimeter guard as well. More Caretakers were materialising, teleporting from their stations, already charging bolts of fear energy... The disturbance brought the Makuta up from below the deck. He seemed...amused. With but a fraction of his vacuum powers he stilled the waters around him, sucking up the turbulence to create a flat plain of water to sail along

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Suicavel / Haven Cove As it turned out, when you didn't feel pain, you didn't feel when something important was being damaged. Like, for instance, the Caretakers power core being disconnected, its "brain" substitute being ripped in half, and the pieces of metal connecting it at the joints being ripped apart. And pieces of Caretaker can't use gravity powers. IC: Levacius / Southern Seas Levacius could see a better glimpse now. Whatever that being was, it was powerful - he couldn't fight it. But he didn't plan too. He just wanted to see where it was going. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: Amalia noticed her attempts at infitrating minds seemed to be useless against the Patronage, so she lifted Kuy'saz'ra, and spun him, getting faster the more spins he endured. I he could stand some rahi attack, surely he couldn't survive more than 50gs.

Edited by Rakata

Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Felix, ignoring the pain, began to slam Kuy'saz'ra into the ground over and over, trying to keep his jaw as tight as he could a5round his prey. Until, that is, when they found themselves in the air, the muaka's weight dragging his teeth through the toa's flesh and armor as gravity and Amalia's spins did their thing.

IC: Haven Cove However, this slipping under her power didn't go unnoticed by Reya. That had given her just enough time to avoid their blasts of Stasis Fields. And now she relinguished her hold upon them, and directed waves of water from the shore to the beach. They came suddenly, sweeping away the nearby Caretakers and shorting out their mechanisms. Reya knew she couldn't hold them all off, it just wasn't possible alone. So she had the waters pull her into the sea, and push her towards the clipper underwater. She felt strange at the moment. She couldn't described it, but she didn't feel all right. Oh, no. Hoping this was any effects of the Caretakers' powers, Reya tried to shake it off and kick to the boat. OOC: This may be my last post today, I'm afraid.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra\IC: And Felix flew off, though he likely brought a good chunk of the toa with him. Swallowing what he did have (rather hard with the broken jaw), the muaka charged Amalia, for she didn't seem to acknowledge him. Trian, realizing that there was nothing else to use them for, commanded all the rahi to simultaneously attack Kuy'saz'ra and eat him. Thus, a few sand screamers, a few catapult scorpions, and two sand tarakava leaped upon the floating toa and tried to tear him to shreds and claim their own piece of him.

IC: Amalia: Amalia drew her attention at Felix, suspending him in a spinning motion just as Kuy'raz'ra. As for the rahi attacking Kuy'raz'ra, Amalia merely lifted him higher in the air. She was getting anxious to kill Kuy'raz'ra.

Edited by Rakata

OOC: Darn, I should've been here earlier. IC Kono - Haven Cove - Helping Reya: Kono watched as Reya went out to sea, standing at the edge of the Cove as she did so. He knew Suicavel was behind him, ripping apart a Caretaker, but he paid him no attention as he focused on the situation at hand. He really didn't know why Reya went out to sea, there was no way she could get on that boat. OOC: Last post of the night. -Kono

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra and Amalia\IC: As the rahi were under direct influence from Trian, they didn't stop. Instead they leaped off of each other, easily reaching him and pulling him back down while trying to kill him. The vortixx began getting closer, hiding from Amalia's line of sight by staying visually behind the tower of rahi. In just a moment, she would be close enough to ride one up to the top and get a good stab at the seemingly impervious toa. As her concentration was divided between suspending and rapidly rotating two beings with fully functional brains (well, debatable in Kuy'saz'ra's case) and both weighing a substantial amount (what with a few rahi hanging off of the toa), Amalia would likely be tiring. Seeing as he was close to the ground, Felix reached out his already injured paw and caught the ground, flinging himself out of orbit. The muaka timed his escape as best he could to go flying at his attacker. How well he could aim while spinning at that speed, however, was the question.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra and Amalia\IC: Trian, however was still intermingled with the rahi, and it would be hard to pick her out. That is, until she was purposely launched straight towards the toa of stone by a sand tarakava. Telling the rahi to switch targets, she tried to wrap her twisted arm around the Kuy'saz'ra's neck while stabbing his back with her good arm.

IC: A destroyed Caretaker could add more gravity, but nor could it remove the gravity that had already been created. Suicavel was dooming himself to be trapped under the crushing weight if he continued destroying his aggressor. And that would leave him helpless against the second and third who were converging on the point The Caretakers hit by the wave simply stood back up. They ran on strange clockwork, not electricity. There was nothing to short out. A few stasis fields hit the water around Reya, but the sea itself shielded her. Then the four guards raised their spiny arms. And the sea around Reya began to swirl and spin, a growing maelstrom that was pulling her into it... Two of the perimeter Caretakers barred Kono's path. "Leave." The Makuta's clipper reached the wall of the Dome and just kept going. It passed right through it, the silvery shell folding over the boat as if it had been a curtain As soon as he had been picked up into the air, Kuy'saz'ra had gone on the defensive. Like a child he believed that if he couldn't see you, you couldn't see him. But being a Toa of stone his method of carrying this out was a lot more complex than just closing his eyes. he encased himself in rock. A big jagged boulder surrounding him. It prevented him seeing the ground, prevented the spinning affecting him, and turned aside sharp objects. And all the extra weight would be putting a severe strain on Amalia

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Haven Cove/Sea Reya felt herself being pulled back, and kicked to the surface. She was just in time to see the clipper phase through the Dome (thanks to her Observer, capturing the whole scene on the projected map)... and the spinning whirlpool. The Toa of Water strained to reverse the flow of the water to counteract its effects, as well as using the water to propel her away from the maelstrom. IC: Parched Wastes Two, scarlet eyes watched the battle from behind a dune. While searching and running around the desert to find Levacius, Vertan heard the sounds of a fight, which, being a Skakdi, had attracted his attention. At first he didn't want to let the Toa get away, but then he assured himself that his enemy had fallen and drowned in lava, or been buried with rubble, or fainted from the heat. Whichever the case, he was sure the Toa was gone, and the cache with him. The skirmish before him was utterly bizare: Rahi attacking, a huge Muaka, some sort of flying Toa, a determined Vortixx, and a massive, brown-armored Toa. This Toa apparently had Stone powers, as he had concealed himself in a stone shell. He actually made Vertan nervous; he was equal in size, if not taller, and had enormous muscles - which meant he was probably stronger. Vertan decided he was a big threat, and had to be taken out swiftly - it was nescessary for survival. His eyes flared, and twin beams of Impact Vision lanced from them at full power. That would take care of the stone shielding Kuy'saz'ra, then the red-armored Skakdi would finish him off before the others could.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC Kono - Haven Cove - Leaving: "I must first see that my friend leaves the waters alive," he said, walking off the beach, but not leaving the Cove's entrance. Apparently Reya did control water, so her situation was most likely under her control. He waited for her to leave the waters, whatever had happened in the Cove was now done with. -Kono

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra and Amalia\IC: Trian cursed yet again as she slammed into the stone encasement and flew back. He situation was made worse as the stone husk was chucked at her. As she had made an indent in the sand, she couldn't successfully dodge it quick enough. Hoping it would lessen the impact, Trian stuck her pitchfork straight at Kuy'saz'ra's cocoon. However, As the impact beams shattered the stone a split second before it hit her, the toa of stone just might be impaled upon her weapon. Felix recovered from his flight that completely missed his target and again charged at Amalia, this time from behind. He launched himself off a dune and flew toward her, claws extended. He tried to smile, which created an odd picture with his broken jaw.

OOC: ??? If a toa dies, I don't think their powers stay in effect. Why would a Makuta, Rahkshi, or Caretakers powers remain in place? IC: Suicavel / Haven Cove Suicavel calmed himself as he considered. Not to be defeated so easily, he finished his job. The caretaker was torn to parts, leaving him imprisoned under the gravity field. However, the field was on the location, and not him personally. Focusing a final time, he warped to the nearest shadow. And then the next. His final teleport was to a very good distance. Drained of all power, weakened and with armor crushed, he limped away, growling. The shepherds, it certainly seemed, had got themselves some new toys... IC: Levacius / The Southern Seas Of course, only Levacius had seen the clipper vanish. Out alone on his ship, he began sailing until he neared the edge of the dome. Looking around, he set the ladder and dove off the edge, taking a deep breath and inspecting the area. Perhaps an underwater mechanism? Or something? Captain Levacius of the Northern Continent and the Silver Seas. The first toa to discover a way off of the Island of Pain... IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan found himself a new, more desolate location of a ruin. The area was very large, and two large towers connected themselves to walls. A large rock formation was there. Past the walls was a small building complex. Entering it, he found that it was completely deserted. Finding a sealed door, he attempted to use his mask of repulsion. It remained where it was. Switching to the mask of gravity as quickly as he could, he caused the door to be crushed. Passing it, he continued down a short tunnel to find that, in the center of the rock formation, there was a cave. In the center of the cave was a pool, and all manners of mosses and lichens normally out of place in the Parched Wastes could be found. A perfect base camp, considering his old one was now ruined. He should probably tell the other members of patronage about this place. It had water, and enough spaces in the small complex for supplies. But no, that would be a silly idea. Why do something like that when he had found it? Still, despite being completely out of the way - according to the map, he saw no location that one would have to pass through here. Walking out, he saw an observer watching him. Shaking his head, he walked back in, closing the stone door to the ruin building. It was dark. He liked it... IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane wandered around, a flame in her hand. "Well, what to do, what to do?" she asked. Moving over to the fort, which she had blasted a hole in, she beckoned the others to follow. "Let's go to the Parched Wastes!" she said. "You still wanna go, right?" -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor