The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Kairan nodded, but paused, as he looked toward the destroyed fortress that had been dropped."Shouldn't we make sure there's nothing in there that could be looted and used against us?" Kairan asked, though with the sudden darkness, it would make seeing threats slightly harder.

IC: Shadowtangle Greel, too, looked back, but shook his head. ''No. That castle wasn't there when we first saw this one,'' he said, indicating the fortress Klax made, ''so it was new. Therefore, it shouldn't have anything useful in it.'' He and Rocky turned to the bridge. ''We should get across before anyone else tries to stop us.''

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- "Well my only thought was that if it crashed, someone had to be controlling it. And that it crashed likely because the control was lost. And how's one way for control to be lost? By someone dying. And if there are equipment in there that could be usable, it'd be best in our hands, than in someone else's... Anyone agree?" Kairan asked, as he proposed that possibility."However, I do agree with getting across ASAP... Though, technically we have access to the fort bridge now, right?"

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: "If it was Suicavel who killed the one controlling it -- which, judging from that shadow sphere and the body, it was -- then he'll probably have already taken anything inside at this point," Nostala pointed out, shouldering her staff. "I agree with Greel -- the sooner we move, the higher our chance of actually being able to get off this half of the island. We don't need any more distractions at the moment."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Shadowtangle Greel nodded, and had Rocky - who was still carrying him - leap onto the metal bridge and begin walking to the other side. OOC: Just saw the edit in the discussion topic. Ah, there's a cache in the volcano. Now which one of my characters is there and has a resistance to heat?

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- Kairan nodded as that was some sound logic, and shrugged, as he started across the bridge himself, being careful so as not to accidentally fall off in the new darkness. OOC: Will there be an in-game map revealing the cache's location now? I forget how that works... =/

OOC: Hey Lev... Want a crazed murderer assassin to team up with a crazed murderer assassin and his genocidal partner?

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Blinding White\IC: Trian had felt the power receding, and had tried her hardest to keep from falling into unconsciousness. When she sat up, she saw that Blinding White had his back turned to her, leaving it open to attack. Gathering her strength, she crouched, ready to impale his back with her pitchfork when Felix got him close enough. Not to be deterred by ice, Felix broke the ice, causing a few more lacerations, and whipped around to again face Blinding White. He brought his crushing jaws down upon the ice pick, but due to its superior quality didn't break it. Instead, he attempted to tear it out of his opponents hands and fling it across the desert, while he shot forward to land his wicked claws in the toa's chest.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: Jontan swirled the sand around Team Patronage's feet. Pillars of the substance crashed out of the desert floor to slam into the toa team. This also made things exceptionally dusty, and almost impossible to see through. Rastaque, who was about to stab Arillan's back, realized that the assassin was helping them. Nonchalantly walking up beside the toa, Rastaque put forth his energies into making the gale even stronger, a massive tornado of sand, glass, needles, and toa. Just in case this fellow was going to attack, he was ready to leap away and fling a handful of needles into his face. OOC: Question, TPtI: Would Felix technically take a spot on Team Patronage if he managed to kill Blinding White? Or would Trian take the spot? Furthermore, If Arillan, Rastaque, and Jontan manage to kill four of the others, would Felix take the spot, or are rahi not allowed to be a part of the team?

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan wasn't going to question his luck about the two being there. He preferred to work alone, but as it was, he really did want to take out Patronage - and if the three of them could take out the four in the gale - now five, as it was - they would be in a position of great power. After all, he knew as a fact was the better to any of those on Patronage. IC: Levacius / Coast of Ashring Levacius, upon seeing the map, kept sailing on until he came to the west of Dragons Roost. Leaping from his ship, which he had about eight hundred kio off of shore, he swam forward rpaidly to the coast. Upon coming up, he began walking forward, heading towards the Dragons Roost. He would get there, find the cache, and do whatever it took to ensure that it was his. IC: Suicavel / Shadowtangle As the group by the bridge began their crossing, the darkness around them deepened and tendrils of darkness began whipping out and attacking them. One seemed to literally whip out and grab Rocky by the leg, lifting him up. A second slapped into Irriane, knocking her to the ground. A third began flailing about, extending and retracting as it tried to attack the entire group. Kairan, on the bridge, could feel his strength rapidly decreasing as the Avsa worked its evil powers. Suicavel, hidden in the darkness of the fallen sky castle, was faded into the blackness of the night. Out here, in the darkness, he was strongest. And he was making sure to do all he could to finish someone else. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Plagia - Stony Leap Plagia was shocked to see so many shadow...things appear so suddenly. Shocked for maybe a second. She triggered her Hau, protecting her and Rynekk from the third tendril, before sending a lance of electricity at the tendril holding Rocky, temporarily severing it and dropping Rocky and Greel. 'Get off the bridge, NOW!' OOC: Man, Lev, you really don't like these guys do you? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: @ Skarloth: Sure, why not? :) IC: Toothy Bane While scaling the sloping terrain, Reya spotted a Toa-sized being moving around the mountains, close to the forest's edge. She began preparing an Elemental attack - just so she'd be ready of this one was trouble. Silently moving down towards the slave, the Water Toa did her best to stay standing on the treacherous land. A few minutes later, Reya was close by the stranger, hidden among the rocks. ''Going somewhere?'' she asked.

IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Talking to Reya: Kono turned to face the Toa before him, once again, like the Toa he had met in the Wastes, she came out of nowhere. "Why yes, I am, I'm on my way right now to that forest over there," he said, looking back towards the dark and green forest that awaited before him. He turned back to the Toa, and spoke to her, "I see you are a creature of the night as well as myself, I happen to control the element that forbids sight," he said, crushing a rock with his power over shadow to show Reya his abilities. He waited for her response. IC Klax - Stoney Leap - Fighting Suicavel: Klax got up off of the ground, and evaluated the situation, apparently someone was attacking them, and with this night all around them, it was impossible to tell what was going on. He focused on all the points of metal in the area, the armor of the people around him, scrap lying about, the Fortress on the bridge, and the other fallen fortress that sat broken upon the ground. He took more metal from the Fortress, and created a dome out of it large enough to contain the group, he then placed it over them, holding it down with his power over metal. "I'm guessing Suicavel is back for more," he said, keeping tabs on all the metal outside the dome. OOC: Klax should be able to identify Suicavel easily if he moves from his hiding place. -Klax

IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap Suicavel wiggled his fingers - just because, really. Spears of shadow struck the area around his adversaries, pumping shadow energy out violently as they were destroyed upon impact. He began creating even more tentacles. One, a massive bio thick example, grabbed onto a piece of metal on the sky castle and hurled it into the metal dome, denting it. Then, it slammed itself into the dome. Others formed around it, impaling it, pulling at it, and so on and so forth. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Ashring Because of his size, the flying Rahkshi could not hold them both up in the air. Vertan fell upon the hot earth, groaning a little, but quickly got back to his feet. He looked around for his floating foe, though it was hard to tell were he was in the dark of this night. However, he did see something else. The sky, lit by the light of the screen, had a new map, with a large purple dot in his exact area. His Skakdi greed was surfacing now - Vertan wanted that cache; the Rahkshi could wait. Fortunately for him, he was already at Dragon's Roost. Now he just had to find that prize, which he decided to check the volcano's summit. It didn't take long for him to get there, since he had been close to it already. The red warrior began searching for the cache. IC: Yawning Sunder Greel thanked Plagia for her help, and now worked on calming Rocky, so that his mane wouldn't light up inside the metal dome. Now he cursed that Suicavel. How many times would he attack them? Would they ever make it across? Noticing the damage to the dome, Greel called upon his telekinetic powers to push the dents back into place, in order to preseve the shelter. It wouldn't stand for long. They needed a plan. IC: Shadowtangle Hexxon was hesitant to search for the new cache. True he could probably get there before most others and find it, but the cache was hidden in the smoky region of Ashring. He didn't like the place to begin with, and now it was night. The dark mixed with the black smoke would block his visibility. Maybe he should wait inside for a while... IC: Toothy Bane ''You could call me a creature of the night. And what immpressive powers who have - quite useful at times like this.'' Reya said, gesturing to the dark around. Then her eyes shifted to the great forest. ''Don't go in there, you wouldn't enoy it much - I would know.'' ''Listen,'' she said, ''if you're looking for safety, come with me. I recall there being a spot around here with some supplies a former ''friend'' of mine had stored. This Toa didn't seem too bad, but one could never tell from just talk. She would keep an eye on him as long as they were together until she deemed him harmless to her. OOC: It seems like a coincidence to me that both our characters met up in this area at the game's beginning, and now two of our characters meet again. :P

OOC: Lol. :P IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Talking to Reya: Kono glanced back at the forest, "I suppose you're right, I was just coming here to get away from the sand, and the Tangle was the first thing that popped up in my mind," he said, turning away from the forest and walking back into Toothy Bane. "A friend of yours... what was their name?" he asked, a very random question, but a question nonetheless. IC Klax - Stoney Leap - Protecting the team: Klax used his power over metal to push the dents out, keeping the dome intact and strong as it held up to Suicavel's attacks. He slowly added onto the dome, putting more metal around it and on it, reinforcing the dome. "This is only a temporary shield, he'll break through eventually. When he does, everyone be ready to fight," he said, maintaining the dome with as much power as he was willing to give; he still had a fight to fight, for now this was just defense. -Klax

IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Opposite from Ventan, Levacius was scaling the volcano Dragons Roost, looking for some cave that might lead to where the cache was. Knowing the Shepherds, however, he doubted that it was going to be as simple as that. No, he had to go higher. Standing at the edge on the west side of the volcano, Levacius peered down into the gaping, fiery maw below. With all of the smoke coming from it, Levacius couldn't see much - even with his enhanced senses, he couldn't detect Ventan way across the gaping center. He liked water, not fire. Looking down, he found little comfort in the idea of going down. He began searching around the top for some kind of natural rock formation the led down. IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap The onslaught stopped, giving his adversaries a moment of respite. Then, in the center of their more secure than ever shelter - and thus harder for Klax to absorb. Already dark in the dome, it was made even darker by a burst of shadow in the center that completely hindered sight. Twelve tendrils, thinner but long and quick, came from within and began attacking the group within their false region of safety. OOC: The prophecy states that the only way to defeat Suicavel is when eight toa of light come together and sacrifice themselves in eight nova blasts that destroy the entire Matoran Universe. No wait, that's someone else. Nah, I'll just keep running away until I let you kill him when the RPG ends... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Rynekk - Stony Leap Rynekk watched the battle unfold with dread. How could they hold out against this madman? He looked down at his bandolier. He didn't have any weapon that could stand a chance against him. Why couldn't he have found a sword? Wait a minute. If he couldn't find one... He gathered together as many of his daggers, sickles etc. and gathered his energy. Slowly, the blades bent and fused to each other, growing stronger, until it was a- 'SWORD!' he cried triumphant. And then, the tendrils struck. -Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: You know ToD, thats the second opportunity to kill Talpid I've placed in front of you that you've completely missed :PAs Felix is an animal the Shepherds consider Trian responsible for his actions. He's essentially a sentient weapon, so if he kills any of Patronage Trian takes their place IC: Blinding White held onto his pick, knowing that getting thrown by the powerful neck of the Muaka would place him at a safe distance. Sure enough the creature in its fury threw him along with the pick. He rolled when he hit the sandy ground to cushion the fall, which had put him far from Felix or Trian. Also far from his chosen route of escape. But he could adapt.Before he'd even got to his feet he sought to neutralise the Muaka's advantages of speed and strength by covering the ground in slick and smooth ice. If Felix charged forward he'd slip and slide, useless for attacking or moving. He'd have to keep his claws stuck in the ice for grip, meaning he couldn't use them on Blinding White The storm Arillan had created was big and was powerful. The problem? Too big, too powerful. Arillan had been, at a rough estimate, 50 bio away. The whirlwind's reach easily covered that before Rastaque added his powers to it. The kios-spanning gale full of sharp, pointy objects engulfed them too, sucking them and Jontan into a Karzahni of their own devising

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:.....Kay, so how exactly does Suicavel manage to constantly attack the group using so much energy without ever tiring out, or recovering so much energy so quickly when he does? This is getting extremely ridiculous, annoying and, frankly, not fair, even if it is the character's job to cause trouble for people; such rapid energy recharging doesn't seem like something that would fly on a normal player character. IC - Nostala - Being attacked by Suicavel. Again.: Nostala was, for lack of a better description that would be allowable at this point, extremely ticked off by this. Once again unable to do anything else against the shadow caster, considering he was once again hiding, she did what she could and began batting off the tendrils within the center of the dome, all the while mentally cursing and wishing a thousand deaths upon the Shadow Toa.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: The only one in the RPG who has even a remote chance of beating Suicavel is Kono, since he's the other shadow user of the RPG. Along with Orssa, who seems to have DROPPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. IC Klax - Stoney Leap - Fighting Suicavel: Klax had had enough of this, he picked up one of his swords (thank goodness he had placed the dome over it) and slashed madly at a tendril that kept attacking him, hacking into it with ease and speed, thanks to his mask. He was unable to focus on the dome or finding Suicavel while the tendrils attacked, and was just barely able to save his own life, he would just have to hope the others could hold their own. OOC: Now only if Kono had an Asva/Avsa/whatever its called. Suicavel would have no power over him if they met, since Kono could easily absorb the shadow around him and come back to full health from an Asva/Avsa draining. -Klax

IC: Ashring Vertan's head popped up from behind an outcropping. The cache was... not there. He stared down into a hole, lit with orange flames. Cache? Nope, not there either. Growling with rage, the Skakdi stomped towards the great crater, and scanned the bubbling lava with his scarlet eyes. IC: Yawning Sunder Rocky could not hold in his anger for long. His mane burst into orange fire, and rapidly increased in light and heat. Thanks to the sudden light, the twelve tentacles died out as the darkness faded. With that problem solved, Greel spoke up. ''Hurry, open the dome now. We have light to see him, to defeat him.'' IC: Toothy Bane Reya nodded, leading the way up the mountains. ''Not sure you would know - or care - but his name is Oura. Or was - I'm not sure if he survived a little encounter he had with some slaves.''Something caught her eye, something moving in the air above them. Thanks to her night vision, Reya could see clearly the thing flying around. It had a propeller on its head, two tentacles as arms, and a large lens for an eye. An Observer. She closed her eyes and reached out with her hands. Reya activated her Mask of Biomechanics, calling out to the machine mentally. Instantly, the robot stopped, just hovering in the air. Then she willed it to float down to her, controlling its mechanics. The egg-shaped machine followed her commands, and then switched off, falling into her hands. The Water Toa caught the Obeserver in her hands, and smiled. Deactivating her Kanohi, she turned to Kono. ''This will come in handy. Think of the things I could do with it.'' Then something did come to her: a thought, a very mad thought. ''Come,'' she told Kono, hurrying her pace to the cave. ''I have a plan. I'm going to send a message.''

OOC: At the time I couldn't think of a way for Jontan to know. Then I remembered that he has the Akaku activated anyways. Also, I believe Lev meant bio, seeing as the feet descriptions he gave were closer to that. But heck, this is fun. Alrighty. So I assume the max amount of Patronage that can die (because unrealistic XP) is how many people are fighting them?

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Blinding White\IC: Trian, however, was now able to think straight and perform basic motor function, including the use of her mask. Thus, she summoned some more sand screamers, who traveled from their nest to near Blinding White, who was only a fraction of a bio from a sandy pact where they could attack and pull him halfway under the desert, leaving his upper half for Felix. Felix, who was just beginning to realize that his body wasn't perfect, pondered how to get to the toa. There were plenty of pieces of wall, and some stairs between. Normally, he'd use these. But having one paw injured, he wasn't doing great. Still, he leaped forward, putting most of his weight on his other paws, and with lightning speed was across the expanse and pouncing upon his prey. Well, he would have been pouncing, if he didn't trip and instead just fly spread-eagle into the toa.

Jontan and Rastaque/Fighting the Rest of Team Patronage\IC: If he knew the action, Jontan would've face-palmed. They had gotten themselves sucked into their own cyclone. He was safe, seeing as he was under the sand. May as well help them. So that he could murder them for their idiocy himself at a later time. Thus, he created a ramp of sand which the two toa of air hit and thus were sent flying out. This same ramp flipped to become a spike that Team Patronage could become impaled upon. Also, as Jontan had just noticed it, he took advantage of the sand inside of Talpid and began to tear at his insides, attempting to rip him apart. Rastaque, who had the situation under control (or so he thought), was just about to create a concentrated burst to fling him and Arillan out of the maelstrom. But Jontan made the process a bit more simple, thus allowing the toa to continue focusing upon swirling the winds, while he flew halfway across the desert. A few bursts from behind slowed him down enough to land outside the storm, but in visible range. So he kept pouring more air into it. Suddenly, he realized that he was chocked full of shards of armor, his own needles, and other debris. He also realized that his elemental reserves were reaching the point of not existing. "Karzahni..."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

OOC: I DID mean Bio. O_O But oh well. Looks like death. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan used his mask of repulsion to repulse against a small block of stone coming towards him. The crast let him move away. However, the storm had gone beyond his control. The sand was moving so fast that static electricity was being created. It was, easily, more than enough to literally rip metal apart. The sand elemental like thing was now part of the storm, a living part of its death. Then, he found himself mysteriously lifted to safety by that new being. Keeping up his powers, he found them drastically waning. What he had intended to be a small storm he had let turn into the largest storm the island had ever seen. Probably. Whoever was in the center was almost guarnteed death. Other than the fact that he could only sustain it for twelve more seconds tops. The winds had reach 350 MPH. The twelve seconds stopped. His power no longer contributed and completely drained, a large statue that once stood in the center was now knocked down, and the sand had ripped off its top layer. A number of ruins were reduced to nothing. He shrugged. That wasn't very subtle. IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap All of his attacks stopped, and Suicavel returned to the use of his elemental powers. He looked for a new victim to drain with his Avsa... IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius found a natural rock formation leading downwards. Slowly moving down the spiral, he looked around for something that might lead to the cache, or a possible location for it. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Jagrov: Dragon's Roost: With Solia, approaching Levacius and Ventan: "The gods have granted me a vision, Solia," the mad Toa of Sonics announced as he marched onward to the edge of Dragon's Roost. "A golden box, filled with unimaginable treasure, buried deep at the bottom of a bottomless pit, a cradle of fire. Demons fly all around it, yet no more, for I, Jagrov, shall conquer it! The box, the precious box, an ancient civilization trapped inside, waiting for their redeemer and His High Priestess Solia to free them, and rise once more to their lost glory of ages past! Oh Solia, my dear Solia, what a wonderful wedding present it shall be for us, don't you think?" Not letting her answer, he climbed up on the rim of the crater, spying two beings down below. With a wave of his hand, a chorus of horrible, nightmarish voices echoed in the caverns below... "Darrrre yooooooouuu disssssssturbbbb the Drrrraaaaagon'ssssssss Rrrrrooooooosst?" they hissed. "Weeee arrrre thhhhee ssssssssoulllsssss of the Jaaaaaaaaaggggrrrrrrrrrovvviaaaannssss... and weeeeee shhhhhaaaaaalll haaaaaaaavve rrrrreeeeeeevvveeeengggge... terrrrriiible, terrrrrrriible, blooooooooody reveeeeeeeeenggge..."

Edited by Lhikevikk Returns!
bug_animated.gif

OOC: Just trying to encourage you to RP intelligently instead of merely throwing as much brute force around as you can ;)The max number of Patronage that can die is six. Because that's how many of them there areI guessed Lev meant bio, since thats what the measurements fitted and in kio a storm that size would probably cover the whole island. But he said the storm covered 80 bio, and stated earlier he was only 50 bio away to shoot an arrow. If anything he's only got closer to try and scalp Laelius. So he gets grabbed by own storm. Speaking of which, the Rastaque part of your post needs serious editing. There is no way he survived being in the storm with no injuries, or landed perfectly after being thrown such a huge distance, or that he can even still affect the storm after being thrown so far away IC: As making the Muaka slip had been part of his Blinding White was ready for the Muaka slipping. He leapt up over Felix's haunches as the great cat slipped along. He somersaulted in the air to get the required distance, using his flip to send long icicles lancing down at Felix before landing on the ice As the storm had been created around them, Team Patronage were in the eye of the storm. This was a lot safer than being in the swirling currents around them, but this was a relative thing. While they weren't being torn apart, they were being bruised, dented, scraped, and generally worn down. Seeing that the cyclone's power was beginning to wane, Aderyn made one last push, using his as-yet unused elemental power to force it outwards. Rather than dwindle to nothing, the force of the tornado rushed like a 360 degree wave, striking all who got in its way with bone-crushing force. This exertion, along with the multiple injuries, was enough to finish the Toa of air. OOC: Aderyn has been killed. The storm did it, so as its creator Arillan gets the credit

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: ...Right. Edited accordingly, and this will pretty much knock him out of the fight.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: Feeling that his powers were practically depleted, Rastaque decided to make Team Patronage's death sentence final. The sudden change in the storm left a low in that area, perfect for making a vacuum. Accordingly, he then absorbed all the air from that area, creating a vacuum. This was the end of his abilities, leaving him with enough power to stay conscious, face-down on the ground, holding the vacuum, with random shrapnel maiming him further. Jontan, taking advantage of the now-clear conditions, put forth his power into the sand now stuck in different cracks of armor, cuts in flesh, and in the case of at least Talpid, inside their body. This sand attempted to implode their bodies and then cause them to explode.

OOC: The third letter in Vertan's name is ''r'' instead of an ''n''. ;) IC: Ashring Vertan covered his ears to block out the loud, screeching voices that seemed to come from the volcano. That did the job quite nicely, considering the size of his hands. Once he felt the sounds were over, the crimson-colored Skakdi removed his claws from his head, and looked around. There! Up by the crater stood two beings. Were they the source of the terrible voices? Vertan clutched his weapon more firmly, hopefully he could get the cache before they, then he might possibly smash their bodies into the searing ground. He moved cautiously around the volcano's slope, trying to keep an eye on the two while still hunting for that cache.

OOC: And for a moment the other two slipped my mind.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Blinding White\IC: Blinding White, have dodged Felix, landed upon the sand, from which the sand screamers burst and attempted to pull him under. They also were trying to eat him in the process, of course. Felix kept tumbling along, at least until one of the icicles stabbed into the sand right before he reached that point. The muaka slammed into the icicle and stopped. This left him dazed, but he was able to tell that Blinding White was getting attacked. Figuring now was the best time, he stumble-ran at the toa, mouth wide enough to eat him and any of the sand screamers that got in his way.

OOC: Nice try ToD, but I did say Blinding White landed on ice. He was jumping forward after all, along the ice Felix had just slithered on IC: Making the sand jump and flow in most cases of Patronage just made if fall out of the various cracks and scrapes it had been ground into. Talpid though had actually swallowed some of the stuff. It was tearing him apart from the inside. He fell to the ground writhing, fluid dripping from his mouth The wave of air from the shattered cyclone powered along the dunes, catching Trian, Felix and Blinding White, hurling them, throwing them, scattering them. Each of the three wound up separated from each other There were shadows all around Sledge. Their rough edges flickered and stuttered, marking them as projected imitations of the real thing. "Don't bother trying to use your powers little blacksmith, we're in your head. You're still unconscious. You've been a bit troublesome, so we're arranging a nice holiday for you. You'll be spending a few weeks in another of our facilities to enjoy the three Rs. Rest, relaxation...and re-education." If the shadows had mouths, this one would have smiled... Deep in the depths of the massive volcano was a large pool of lava. The heat around the boiling lake was wavy with heat distortion and filled with steam. But in the middle of the heat and the steam, hovering in mid-air, was the cache. It appeared to be wrapped in some kind of psychic field, telekinetic power holding it there, but also rendering attempts to move it via anything other than physical means useless OOC: Because I knew someone would try that :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: While walking around the slope, Vertan tripped and fell into a pit. Apparently, he had been too busy keeping an eye on the strangers to watch where he was going. He tumbled and rolled through the twisting tunnel, cursing and muttering words in the Skakdi laungauge along the way. Even when he thought the passage stopped, it still went on, with smoke rising through tiny holes in the rock. Vertan could have sworn (which he had done at least a hundred times by now) that the fall went on for hours. When he finally did come to a stop, it was landing on even hotter rock from coming out of an opening. He stood up, brushing ash from his armor, and looked around. At first he saw only steam, and felt the high temperatures, but that didn't bother him. With a great blow of air from his lungs, nearby steam was blown away to reveal the hidden cache. A huge grin appeared on the Skakdi's face, showing his teeth. The cache was somehow levitating, but that didn't stop Vertan from using his eye beams to try and knock it out of the air, hopfully onto a chunk of floating rock. OOC: Would that work, TPTI, since it's physical?

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Ah, missed that. Oh well. XD And also, Felix should just get wings and give flying lessons.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Trian got hit by a massive chunk of brick, sending her flying straight into a dune and out the other side. She slid for another ten bio when she hit the ground, leaving her scratched, bruised, and generally injured. One of her arms seem twisted in a very awkward position, though her body was too numb to feel anything. Seeing the body of Blind White fly over her, she decided to try and finish him off. Therefore she began to stumble in that direction, her mind not exactly working correctly. Felix, on the other hand, was flung up into the air and spun around so that he went in a completely different direction. He landed right outside the ruined Shimmering Maze. Never giving up, he tried to go back where he came from, though was very much unable to stay stumbling in the same direction.

Jontan/Parched Wastes, Fighting Team Patronage\IC: Now that everyone was weakened (and his elemental reserves, though still rather large due to his nature, had a dent taken out of them), Jontan decided it was time to get his sword dirty. With one last explosion, he tore Talpid apart, or at least believed he did. Then, positioning himself under the seriously injured Laelius, the hybrid-toa thrust his sword upwards so that it would hopefully pierce his enemy's heartlight. After Laelius, he would find another that was injured, so that he could stab their unsuspecting self.

IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius laughed. "Demons, huh?" he asked. "I've killed demons before. Killed dragons too. And this guy who called himself a god. Wasn't even a makuta, that one. So don't try to trick me!" He saw that there was no way he could easily get the cache.He couldn't jump that far. He couldn't fly. He fired a few lightning bolts at it. No effect. He saw the eye beams, too. No doubt, he had company in the Roost. IC: Sledge / Somewhere Sledge chuckled. The most he could without a mask. Weakly, he said, "You... you one... one... day. You will.... you will die. Oh, you will... will die. And I'll be right there to see it." He then passed out, unable to stay conscious for any longer thanks to wounds and lack of Kanohi. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan fell to the ground, into the sandstorm below as it was pushed out. He hit the ground hard, and his cloak was almost completely ripped to shreds.He groaned. This was not the best day of his life. And now that sand thing was stealing his kills! -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Vertan's beams hit the floating cache, which bobbed a little before floating back to its position Blinding White could smell salt in the sea. If he was close to the coast he could withdraw safely. He created an ice slide, skidding along it to move at a faster pace than walking With one last groan, Talpid rolled over and would move no more. Jontan had succeeded there, but Laelius would prove trickier. He'd encountered Jontan before, so knew of the sandy barrier that protected him from physical attacks.So he got sneaky.He raised the temperature around Jontan, suddenly and greatly. The rapid rush of thermal energy was a far more effective way of getting to Jontan, something his protection couldn't stop, as his melting armour testified

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes "Oh no!" shouted Arillan, groaning and standing to his feet. "That one is mine!" Using his Crast, he repulsed against the ground, increasing speed and moving him over the glass over damaged ground. From the sky, he plunged downward with the halberd he had claimed from that one toa he found wandering the desert. IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius did about the same thing as Vertan, only rather than lunge for the cache, he attempted to kick into and off of the skakdi, who was off balance, and swat it with his longsword to knock it down. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Jagrov: Dragon's Roost: With Solia, Vertan and Levacius: "Dare you taunt the Mighty Jagrov?! The Lost Treasure of the Jagrovians shall stay lost, then!" The Toa of Sonics suddenly recognized one of the beings. It was Levacius, the demon pirate who had stolen his previous treasure! "At last, then -- I have my revenge, FIEND!" Waves of sonic power struck the sides of the magma chamber. They began trembling violently, and started crumbling down into the chamber below. Jagrov, though insane, was not suicidal, he retreated a safe distance away from the collapsing volcano.

bug_animated.gif

IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius was an acrobat. (OOC = If he was a video game character, his Dexterity/Agility/whatnot would be the highest score). With the aid of his mask, his balance was perfect, and he was able to time his movement perfectly. He did a spin in midair as his blade slammed down into the cache, moving it downwards enough that he could grab onto it. And, of course, that meant he was now falling directly to the Skakdi below. To clear the way for the fall, he began shooting lightning bolts out at the Skakdi, hoping to knock him back into the lava he was precariously close too. Then again, the volcano collapsing was pretty bad. OOC: I KNEW you would do that. I KNEW you would do that. I just KNEW that was going to happen. But I went into the volcano anyways.Darn it, I KNEW you would do that. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Trian/Parched Wastes\IC: Suddenly, from to her left, Trian saw a glint that was rapidly growing. Deciding this was Blinding White, she hid behind a dune until she could jump out and have him skewer himself. Not the most well-thought-out plan, but karzahni, it just might work.

Jontan/Parched Wastes, Fighting Team Patronage\IC: Having no idea how Laelius knew that where he was underground, Jontan was never the less on his guard, and thus ready. He let the sand make way for the glass that the toa of fire had made under himself, letting hi quickly get swallowed up underground. Constantly filtering cooler sand over himself to help protect, the hybrid-toa stabbed again toward his opponent's heartlight. Sand-glass mixture was attempting to keep Laelius from moving.

IC: Ashring Vertan was able to avoid most of the electricity, but he had been hit by enough so that a yelp of pain came from his mouth. However, it was going to take a lot more than a few lightning bolts to defeat him. ''Think you can steal my prize, foolish Toa? Try stopping a determined Skakdi!'' he bellowed, while making his way to the chamber's exit. Again he fired his Impact Vision, only at Levacius' hands to try and knock the cache free.

Edited by Magnus Greel