To Save The World!

NPC: "Assuming the signal is electromagnetic," Ultionis pointed out, dropping another bird as it tried to dive-bomb him. "It's more likely sonic. Maybe if you try to read their senses and hear what they hear we'll know for sure." Animals were capable of percieving sounds on a level no human could, that much was common knowledge. It's how dog whistles work. It probably wouldn't even be hard to build a sonic emitter or find a sonic supervillain who could generate a supersonic frequency that drove these beasts wild. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

[iC - Mystic] "Nil claimed the signal was electronic in nature," Mystic replied. "It stands to reason an electromagnetic field could drown it out or dampen its effectiveness."She said nothing as to his suggestion of reading their senses. Mystic didn't have a lot of experience with the minds of animals; her expertise lay firmly within the realm of the human mind. In theory it might be possible - pure, undiluted thought could work across language barriers, perhaps it could also work to some degree across species as well. But the middle of a battle was hardly the place to experiment with these abilities, not without risking leaving herself or others exposed to attack.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:"Omega," Kyle responded.Doctor Om gave a bit of a frown. "There already is an Omega, if I remember correctly. Perhaps you could--""Prime. Omega Prime." Kyle looked up at the doctor and shrugged. "I've gone through too much trouble with this whole Greek letter motif thing to change now."

IC: Saosin (League Jet, North America) ​The team's League liaison, meanwhile, sat in the pilot's chair as he waited for orders on a place to go. The team was falling apart at the seams, that much was obvious: Romulus had the upper hand, and the biggest weapon they had against him was a checkbook. If things went south, or the intel was false, they were screwed - Captain Code had proved to be little help beyond directing them to the mercenary, and Hexas' other minion was clearly a sociopath, too caught up in his own greed to care about what a pumped up sardine could do with a hypothetical second killsat. He merely decided to hold his tongue, tap Romulus's confiscated Desert Eagle against the armrest pensively, and listen for the name of the backer...-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC(Whistler): Silently praying that those not writing a very large check would shut their gobs for half a second, the businessman cleared his throat uncomfortably."I still need a name to put on the check, unless you'd just feel more comfortable doing that yourself."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The relevant space on the check was filled in, and the businessman set his pen down."Right then. Suppose you tell us everything you know, and then you can see to the delivery of this check. As I said, so long as your actions past this point don't involve interfering in our business, it's quite alright with me."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "You'll find Hexas at the Pacific Trash Vortex," Romulus said, cutting straight to the point, "No country borders to cross, no officials or superheroes, and it doesn't show up on satellites. She wanted her privacy. Easy access to the sea too, so thats her escape route right there. The base of her operations is right in the centre, some sort of scuttled submarine. It looks rusted through but you've seen that exo-suit she wears so you know she's good with machines. Last time I was there I think she was incorporating some of the toxic sludge that builds up around there into chemical weaponry. You might want to watch out for that. She has a psychic with her too," he added, "Some B-lister I hooked her up with named Killer Mari. You'll want to watch out for her too. Not much talent but a lot of power, enough to keep the base shielded from mental probes. I have no idea what Hexas herself is capable of. I never saw her use any super-powers so I'd guess she's limited to whatever she has in the suit. Which isn't much comfort as she's packing some seriously heavy hard-ware in that thing. Anything else?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (Loadstone)"Yeah, I think," Loadstone called down, turning toward Magneta. "Alright, I'm not sure how familiar you are with how magnetism interacts with electricity, so I'll generate an electromagnetic field. Follow my lead and amplify the magnetic currents, and once you have that I'll back out and only supply the electricity. Sound good?"IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"Suit yourself," Doctor Om replied. "Speaking of the devil, Omega should round that corner in three, two, one..."The glowing Superhuman marched straight down the hallway at them, lost in thought and oblivious to their presence. Doctor Om stepped to the side, fully aware Omega would have bowled him over otherwise, and clapped him on the shoulder just forcefully enough to get his attention. "How comes the nanobot research, Omega?" That was hardly the topic he intended to talk about, but knowing how preoccupied he was with his current task Doctor Om decided he'd hold Omega's attention longer if he started with a different subject.~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: Omega looked up, startled from his revirie. "Huh? Oh, hey Doc. It's going. We've figured out the capabilities of the nanites themselves, but we can't figure out how exactly those capabilities are applied. If we could get at the computers inside the nanites it'd be easier, but computers that small with no wi-fi, only a closed connection to each other... It's taking time. Doesn't help that not a lot of us know much about nanotech. We've outlined some possibilities that-"He stopped, suddenly aware that they were not alone, and grinned apologetically. "Heh, sorry, I don't get a lot of brain work around here, so I get a bit wrapped up. Don't think we've met before." He extended a hand to the stranger. "I'm Omega."|H-D|

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Magneta nodded to Loadstone and generated a weak magnetic field around the area. Once Loadstone set up the rest of it, she'd amplify her end. "Alright, I'm ready!"IC: "Greeeeeat, a psychic. Can we sic the psychic hater on him? If we're lucky, they'll both go down." Ember muttered that last part, only Tillan would hear him if he were paying attention.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Utah)"What kind of seriously heavy hardware?" he asked, ignoring Ember mostly, though a small smirk cracked his face. "Weapons, superpower resistance...?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Weapons, mostly. Though I know she's got something for communications, hacking and jamming them and the like. And I don't know what its made of, but its tough. When we were hiring Captain Code we had a little trouble getting him past some local hero. She took an energy blast full on on it barely phased her. It might be some sort of irradium alloy, but even if its not its tough and strong."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:Kyle leaned over and gave the outstretched hand a firm shake."Guess I sort of stole your name there," he said with a wry grin. "Sorry about that. Omega Prime."He took a step back and turned to look at Doctor Om. "So, I was going to ask about some information, but then you might have already known about that. Or not. Er...just how clear were those visions you said someone saw of me?"

IC: Omega blinked. "Uh, okay, how's this: I promise not to make any Transformers jokes and you just let me call you Prime? Saves us a lot of trouble in the long run." He'd once seen two heroes who both picked the name Hot Streak. The matter nearly came to blows before one of them just changed his to Scorchmark out of sheer exasperation. Even changed his costume colors for it. Omega thought that was going a bit far, but he could appreciate dedication. |H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone furrowed his brow and concentrated. A ball of electromagnetic energy formed above him, slowly spreading out into a dome around the party. It was quickly apparent what Loadstone had warned Magneta about - unlike a dome of magnetic energy, which would have been formed with a solid sheet of magnetic field, this had a more crosshatched pattern. The screen of magnetic energy pulsed and stretched around an unfelt force, a complex flickering that would have been dizzying to watch, had it been visible.From Loadstone's point of view, the dome was a solid field of electromagnetic energy, both knit together into a solid curtain. He could feel some form of interference coming from the direction of the base, but it still passed through the field. Once Magneta helped him amplify it, though, the shield would hopefully be strong enough to block the signal.IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"My visions can be very specific at times," Doctor Om replied cryptically. "Your presence here can spark several different timelines, however, so I'd prefer to err on the side of caution and pretend I know nothing about why you are here, other than that you are."~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: (Tragedy)" I was looking to join up with the league. could you please point me in the right direction?"Honestly Alex didn't know if he was going to be arrested or not if he tried to join, but if he was, it might not be a bad thing, really.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: (Lone)"If her defense's are that tough, you could send me in. I'm more or less a walking fusion bomb, and if she kills me, I go off. It would an effective threat. Kill me, and your whole base is gone,along with you, in a flash."

War...war never changes.

IC: (Lone)"the failsafes on this suit are very...extreme, to say the least. i can switch the needs to set of a failsafe if need be. i can change it so if my heart beat drops below a certain point, and then Boom. i have thought of just about every possibility."

War...war never changes.

IC: Magneta closed her eyes and stretched out her arms, feeling the low magnetic pulse surrounding the team in a dome. It was a simple matter to amplify the magnetic portion of the field, pushing it up as high as she dared without having it violently attract any metal the team might have on them.IC: "Like I said, we let the psychic hater go in and take out the psychic, that's one big problem gone. I can always go after Hexas too, she might be able to take an energy blast, but what about a full on plasma cutter to the face?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Whistler): "I...err... how loyal are these people working for the Fantastic Fish?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)As the aircraft soared over California, Saosin jerked his head over to Romulus and flipped the plane to autopilot as he examined the merc for a minute, trying to gauge his truthfulness. After deciding he had no reason to lie, the League hero decided to poise a question of his own."What do you mean by cuckoo?" Saosin asked, wondering if he could possibly get in some research before they got to the vortex; perhaps, maybe, if he found the right places online, they could figure out how to deal with the psychic's instability and neutralize her as a threat...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC(Whistler): "Okay, okay, so in this plan for what we all have to do, I'm basically the guy that keeps the jet ready. Psychics don't generally let you punch their teeth out."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (Loadstone)As Loadstone felt Magneta take hold of the magnetic portion of the field, he slowly relinquished his hold on it and amped up the electricity to match. At this point, no longer holding a full electromagnetic field, it was difficult to tell whether or not the signal was still cutting through or not, but if he'd had to guess he would have said it was cut down to a low buzz."The field's in place!" Loadstone called down. "How are the animals reacting?"X-Calibur shoved aside a rabbit with his boot, numbers and information streaming across his HUD. The effects of the duo's field were not immediately visible, but it seemed that some of the larger creatures were keeping a greater distance than before. "It's fending off the bears, at least!" he called back up. "The signal must be more irritating to the smaller creatures." Which would make sense, he thought, as they're more timid then the larger predators.OOC: We'll be making it to the base next time I post.IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"You'll be able to register in the sublevels," Doctor Om told Tragedy. "Normally it's an automated process, but given the name you go by they may run a background check before you're approved..."~ Rumpelstiltskin

[iC - Mystic] "In such a case I do believe the smaller animals can be dealt with by, if you'll excuse my bluntness, a swift kick," replied Mystic, flooding the animals' minds with random thought to further confuse them. "Either way, it should not be enough to further hamper our approach on the Coalition base. Magneta, Loadstone, attempt to alternate magnetic frequencies in random patterns. It may make it harder for the signal to affect the animals. In the meantime, let us make haste."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

NPC: "I couldn't agree more," Ultionis muttered, holstering his pistols. He'd decided he wasn't going to waste ammo on raccoons - they couldn't really get through his armor anyway. Instead he grabbed the particular raccoon he was thinking of by the tail, yanked it off his armor and tossed it into a tree. "It's this way!" He called, storming through the trees toward the barricade the Coalition had set up.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Good to see you back, Kumata. :)IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)You've gotta be kidding..."Gadgeteer!" Tilian yelled before remembering that the Russian had probably turned off the audio receptors inside his armor. Really? Napping? He was supposed to be the leader of this mission, and yet, with Lone's broken nose, his own busted shoulder, Whistler's combat inability, and Ember's still-shaky allegiance, the group was starting to fray at the edges. Finally, Tilian decided to try waking the Russian up for another minute or two, and if he didn't, he would take charge himself. ****, there wasn't a lot else he could do, what with Hexas so close to their grasp..."Gadgeteer?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC: Apparently Saosin wasn't the only one who felt that way. Deciding that this should be enough for a power nap, Carapace patched directly into Gadgeteer's in-helmet audio and put on Beethoven's fifth (in C minor). And in case that wasn't enough, he amplified the volume by a few decibels. Just short of actual damage to the hearing. That would wake the dead.He pressed play. Naptime was now officially over.{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth