Techna: Breakdown

The skeleton's wings flapped to suspend him in the air, so the disappearance of a portion of the ground was no problem for him. A gateway opened again, catching more of Song's attacks aimed for him. As her blade came for his neck, he parried the blow with Blacklight.

OOC: Note that Blacklight can pretty much cut through any other weapons or armor there is, even protosteel if they collide hard enough.IC: Kinksh / Secret BaseKinksh switched to the city street cameras, hoping to see something of interest.... no, there was nothing of interest to see.Because he couldn't see anything!"What in Karzahni is going on?" he thought to himself.IC: Blacklight / New Metru-NuiUnfortunately, shadow is not capable of being set on fire, especially when Kopraga was manipulating them. The darkness began to deepen around Aclaraung. Within moments, it would solidify as a carapace of darkness, and then squeeze, crushing the dragon."This is pathetic."Blacklight went for another attempt at total domination, this one far stronger than the one before. The blade needed full control to tap into its strongest elemental abilities... direct Arketh as it may, there were some secrets of darkness one cannot simply be shown, but must feel within them.The blade glowed a dark crimson.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: SongSong gasped.Backlight has cut clean through the upper fourth of her sword, the blade glancing off her side.She felt something warm in her side, and knew she'd been injured.She pressed a button, and discarded her cards. Their time was almost up.She drew three more.OOC: Lev, your turn to pick.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Aclaraung:The problem with the Blacklight's attack was that anything solid can be broken. Which is just what happened to the carapace of darkness. His scales flapped up, causing multitudes of concentrated points of pressure upon the carapace, causing cracks to move throughout the solidified shadow. One large muscles flex and it fell apart, the shadow dropping from Aclaraung and dissipating.And, with the Blacklight paying more attention on trying to control Arketh, Aclaraung attacked the Demon Kopraga. He pierced into its mental shields, attempting to break through and force the Demon back into the blade."Join with me if you value yourself at all, Shadow," Aclaraung roared at Arketh.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-Nui"Don't be naive..." Blacklight said in a condescending tone to Aclaraung. The dragon had yet to regain his full psionic powers, and even Song would have a hard time ejecting Kopraga from a body he was attempting to control. Indeed, the continuous attacks on the skeletons mind were making it easier for the blade to perform its domination!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC-Aclaraung:"Song, attack the Demon, attack the blade, now!" Aclaraung barked, continuing his mental assault. Meanwhile, he focused back on Kopraga."Naive?" He growled condescendingly back at Kopraga. "You're naive in thinking that just because I haven't regained my full capabilities, I can't shove you back to that sword by force of will. If I get my friend and the shadow to help me against you, you'll be forced so far back into that blade that your 'release' will have been pushed back by centuries." He growled at the Demon's mental form, before retreating from conversation and continuing his attack.

profiles i guess

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-Nui"Oh, spare me. Your friend there can't even count the rest of her life in centuries. Neither can you. Think about it, dragon. Even if you could defeat me, it would be useless. I am immortal, I am all powerful. You are but a mortal, who counts every day alive as a lucky one. I shall exist until the end of time."He pushed the dragon away with ease. As he was within Arkeths mind now, he began sealing up the patches. His own conscious bolstered the subconscious of his wielder, making attempts to get at them much less potent.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung:Good, he took the bait. Aclaraung mentally redirected Kopraga's push back at the Demon, bolstered with force from the Dragon and that taken from Song, pushing through Kopraga's quickly erected defenses for Arketh's mind and grasping the Demon's mental presence, pulling at it as Arketh began to push against Kopraga as well.

profiles i guess

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan looked around, and scowled, as he had no clue how to handle this... Kairan held his hand up, and attempted to aim for where the light flare had been earlier, and fired off a bolt of lightning at the sky, hoping it would shed some light on the situation, and also hit the correct target. He could hear some far off talking, but had no clue who was who. He attempted to look around for ideas of how to see better, but obviously that didn't work.

IC: Lekar (NMN)"Shh, it's okay. No need to cry." Lekar whispered to the Matoran. He was fairly sure she was a Ga-Matoran, but wasn't concerned about that now. She had begun to cry as they walked though the darkness, and so Lekar stopped and had sat down, comferting the little one in his arms."It's going to be alright." He whispered, fatherly side coming out after being hidden for many long centuries. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: New Metru NuiThe earthen onslaught containing debris and the fireballs missed their target as he teleported away from the incoming collision. In his new perch in the air, Arketh fought off the domination attempt once again. The force was great, but the skeleton had ancient willpower and strong determination.No! he screamed at both Kopraga and Aclaraung. To the trapped consciousness, he said, I want to tear this city apart with my own will! Do what you wish later! For his fiery assailant, Arketh replied with, "Help you?! I will help myself! You cannot stop me or my blade from ending your lives!"Kairan's lightning bolt was headed exactly for where the fire had been before, and that was Aclaraung. Giving form to another portion of the darkness, the tendril-covered, shadowy being crafted blades of Shadow power to sever an additional building. The debris would be larger, and more of the edifice would be destroyed. Little by little, the structures, landscape, and innocents would be razed until New Metru Nui was nothing more than ruins!

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-NuiThe demonic being could be best described as turning to mist in the dragons mental grip, fading away and moving throughout the depths of Arkeths mind.It was a game of cat and mouse, with Arkeths mind fighting against both of them - to keep control and to keep defended.Kopraga continued his clawing into the depths of Arkeths subconscious, and attempted to take full control from there.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC-Aclaraung:"Then you shall die with us!" Aclaraung roared in a rage. He turned to the building that was falling, growling at the building as though it were living, growling at it to stop.Surprisingly for him, it did. He looked over at the building, and realized he was holding up a claw pointing at the building, as though he were physically trying to arrest its motion though he was not touching it.He turned, miming the motion of throwing the empty building with his body, as the shell flew at Arketh, threatening to break the bones that made up the creature if he didn't notice it and dodge in time, as Aclaraung continued to try and attack Kopraga.

profiles i guess

OOC: Lev, if you'd pick Song's next cards please.IC: SongSong didn't know what to do. If she ran now, she might live. But hundreds more might die.Her silence stretched on for a minute, before her grip tightened on her cards.She would not give up.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Lev, if you'd pick Song's next cards please.

OOC: Sorry... *Rolls dice*-Illusion-Healing Hands-Blast ShieldIC: Ezraftin / Technology TowerEzraftin stopped at a white doorway that blocked entry for the trio, scratching his chin. There seemed no way to open it.He fired a laser blast, but the shot simply reflected off the white surface and bounced back, coming close to slicing his head off."Well, what do we do?" he asked to no-one in particular, looking over to the large camera that hung near the door. It seemed to be watching them.As his eyes connected, the camera deactivated. A line split in the middle of the door, and it began pulling away to the side, allowing them entry into the facility beyond...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Keisael - New Metru Nui:Keisael brought up several large boulders out of the ground, raising them high above his head; with a swift punch aimed toward the enemy, he sent two of the boulders flying at Arketh from below. Apparently, Arketh had nearly brought down a building upon the city again.. and he almost did; Keisael saw a building, flying through the air toward the one who had severed it. -Keisael

IC: Lekar (NMN)Lekar had calmed the Ga-Matoran and was now walking towards the edge of the city. The farther he got from the center, the easier it became to see. When he could see like it was a half moon, a Toa of Water glanced over him and gasped when she saw the child in his arms. Running over, she took the Matoran from his arms and simply looked up, eyes full of gratitude. He continued on, tossing a reply to the Toa over his shoulder."No need to thank me, madam."Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: New Metru Nui/Arketh's MindArketh slipped into one of his intradimensional gateways to dodge the flying abode, allowing it to crash into part of the mansion and a facility near it. As with Song's telepathy, the skeleton's teleportation saved him from Traxin's heat attack. Since he was no longer there to focus on, the growing thermal energy in his bones disappeared, letting them cool back down to a temperature cold as death.Eyes turning to the streets of the city below, he created a miniature, whirling tornado of Shadow from the darkness field in the bony palms of his claws. He tossed them both at the boulders flying up at him, which blasted them apart. The tiny whirlwinds dissipated back into intangible Shadow energy, rejoining the rest of it in the area. Arketh didn't stop after that; he formed another tornado of the same height between his two hands, and then hurled it at Keisael. Unlike the previous two, this one increased in size as it rushed down for him, seeking to swallow him whole, and then spit him out to crash somewhere else in the city.While Kopraga burrowed further into his wielder's mind, a rather large skull -- resembling Arketh's own face -- appeared before him, almost glaring at the demon. "What are you doing?!" the projection shrieked. "This is not helping me toward my goals!"

IC: Blacklight/Kopraga / New Metru-Nui/Arkeths Mind"Your goals?" Kopraga asked, letting out a chilling laugh. "Your goals mean nothing. They are merely the dreams of a single mortal. Listen, mortal, and hear me well. You are not the master here. I am the master, the one that provides your power. You are going to die, Arketh, but I will never die. However, your attempts to fight back my will are inevitably going to fail. Yield to me. Yield to the gods."Here, in the depths of Arkeths mind, where the memories were so dark even Aclaurang would have trouble getting there, and where Kopraga was firmly nestled, the demon unleashed the full force of his will to overpower Arketh and take control of his body, even if it was merely temporary.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Keisael - New Metru Nui - Fighting:Keisael brought up a giant wall of earth to deflect or stop the twister; it did, but the earth wall broke into many fragments in the process. He picked up a few of these fragments with his control over earth, and sharpened them into deadly earth spears that wouldn't be as easy to see or destroy as giant boulders. He levitated three of these spears into the air, and launched them at Arketh one after the other. Arketh would be distracted by those long enough for Keisael to get up and onto the rooftop, hopefully. He ran to the side of the mansion, and rose himself up to the roof quickly with an earth platform; once he was on the mansion rooftop, he spied for Arketh, and spotted him, unsure of what effect his earth spears had caused to the skeleton.-Keisael

Edited by Skarloth

OOC: ..... The dice are trying to kill Song. :PIC: SongSong took a deep breath. "It wasn't me." Her voice was tinged by an emotion that was hard to place, but was ectremely worrying.Song reached out with her mind to Auress, far below and behind. She easily brushed past the unskilled Toa defenses. I'm sorry, Auress. Song withdrew without anther word.Aclaraung would sometjing strange from Song. Normally, her side of the link waas quiet, and calm. But now, it felt like a dam broke. All her emotions were close to the surface, and raw power emanated over the link.Normally, she held her element in check, restricted it's power. But not now. Song was thowing everything she had into this fight, and though most wouldn't know it, more.With a thought, she placed her card in the Gauntlet, and forced her way into Arketh's mind.As Kopraga and Arketh fought, another being appeared in their midst. Song's manifestation, for that is what it was, was a tall Psi-Toa, decked out in ornate armor. A more ornate version of her Gauntlet was on her arm. Her armor was pure silver, with gold highlights. Her eyes flashed golden under her helm."Both of you will yield, or face the consequences."Outside. she brought her arms into a defensive position.OOC: Explanation:Most of Song's power and attention is focused in Arketh's head, but she maintains enough presence in her body is defend herself.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung followed after Kopraga, fighting against the Demon's will within Arketh's mind. He was done trying to coerce Arketh to help him, it would do nothing, he would just have to fight Kopraga himself. Now Kopraga and Aclaraung both were fighting to control Arketh-one to destroy the city, the other to protect it."Song, help me!" He growled, unwilling to take complete control of his friend. He switched more of his focus back to the mental battle, noticing that Song was already there to help."Hmm, nevermind what I just said out there," the large Dragon growled, still contending with Kopraga, while Arketh fought both of them, ignoring Song."Yield, Demon!" Aclaraung growled, pushing Kopraga back with his will.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: New Metru Nui/Arketh's MindNormally, the sharpened spears of dirt would be no challenge to deflect with but a flick of his wrist and some flashy Shadow defense. But now, occupied with a battle of wills within his mind, Arketh could barely keep up. One lance slipped right passed a thigh bone, the second became wedged between two ribs, and the last splinted to particles with a swipe of Blacklight, sending the soily remains drifting down.Glancing around for Keisael, the tall, skeletal being located the column of earth by the mansion. Obviously struggling, he reached out with a claw to the lofty abode, grabbing onto the darkness and natural shadows cast within one of the upper rooms close to the roof under the Toa. With a snap of his bony fingers, he ordered them to explode in a burst.Inside the mentality of Arketh, the realm of dreams, thoughts, imagination, and will, the giant skull gained a crazed look to its skeletal facial features. You call the devastation of a great and glorious city built by suvivors in hope worthless ambitions?! You interloper, this is my land you inhabit! You are at my mercy! I claimed you as my tool to use! I don't take orders, I give them! Especially from a relic like yourself. You have died, no doubt, living in a sword. I own a true form, I live now, and I shall live always! What can kill me, end my life forever?With your skills and abilities given to me and augmenting my own, I shall ascend to godship! The lights of the projection's eyes shifted over to Song's and Aclaraung's mental versions. No one can stop me, he told the images. Once I kill you both in here, your physical bodies will dissolve under my Shadows! Prepared for a fight you cannot possibly win?Thoughts and memories transformed into weapons for Arketh's use. For Kopraga, he forced the deep, dark recollections and intellections surrounding the demon to crush and squeeze him into a pulp. All around Song and her dragon friend, the darkest parts of their enemy's mind lashed out at them, meant to destroy and corrupt them. They unleashed screams, horrible scenes, and mental pain on the pair.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, as he heard buildings being destroyed around him, but couldn't see most of any of this. He concentrated though, in an effort to find the particles left behind by his lightning... However, to his surprise, he noticed more than that, when he applied that effect to his sight. He could see most of the outlines of things; including the skeleton warrior that was giving everyone problems. Figuring that was the odd thing out, Kairan fired a bolt of lightning in his direction, scowling, as the lightning interfered with his vision then, only being able to hope that it would hit.

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung, however, was an experienced mental fighter. He drew happy memories from himself to create a shield that protected him and Song, as he still fought back against Arketh. He found those parts of Arketh's mind that weren't so dark, and began to fill them with his own light, an attack that would cause both physical and mental pain to the shadowy skeleton."You are the tool, you bloody fool!" Aclaraung roared from behind his shield. "This Demon chose you as its instrument so that it may cause death and destruction yet again, and your death is nearer than any other's for that!"

profiles i guess

IC Keisael - New Metru Nui - Fighting: Keisael saw that one of the earth spears had struck the being, and was now lodged in his ribs; before he had any time to plan out his next move, the roof beneath him exploded, sending the Toa into a wild spin across the rooftop. While sliding to the edge of it, he unsheathed one of his swords, and implanted it into the rooftop, effectively stopping himself from falling off the edge of it. He quickly got up, and noticed just how close he actually was to the roof's edge- less than a yard. He turned to face Arketh, who was still distracted for whatever reason; he activated his Kakama, and sped over to the other side of the building, looking over it to see his platform of earth still there. He took a bit of the platform, and shaped it into two disks, about the size of a Toa's torso. He trimmed the edges of the disks, sharpening them to an unbelievably fine point; he held both the disks in his hands, and flung them at Arketh with Kakama speed, guiding them to their target with his elemental power. In case those didn't hit, or Arketh avoided them, Keisael began to make more of the sharpened disks, while also moving over to the other side of the roof to avoid any more shadowy explosions Arketh had in mind for him.-Keisael

IC: New Metru Nui/Arketh's MindA bolt of electricity was, thankfully, not a sutle thing -- neither was a great blast of fire, or a dramatic rise in temperture. Fast action led to a portal consuming the energy attack, storing it for later use. Teleporting again saved Arketh's physical body from disintregration. The burst instead hit a building formerly behind the Shadow warrior, causing the area struck to melt. Keisael's disks just missed their target, though as Arketh didn't know of the deadly, buzzsaw-like projectiles, it was likely that he wouldn't be prepared for the next set.He had no retaliation for either opponent. The master of Shadows only continued to blow up sections and floors of buildings all around with the darkness inside them. Several of the explosions were focused on the lower parts of structures, so their upper halves would collapse.Even if Aclaraung's targets weren't as dark as the ones in Arketh's subconsciousness, they were still evil and potent -- and difficult to succumb to light. The skull twitched in response to the assault, but resumed his forces of thought against his foes. Pressure was still building over Kopraga, and memories stabbed out at the dragon and Toa. If impaled, fear would pulse throughout their "bodies".Do be quiet, Arketh snarled. I don't need to hear nonsense before I end you.

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan watched as a bright flare of particles signaled that he had missed, and even as Kairan scowled, he whirled around, searching around him, as he looked for the opponent, and then concentrated, and noticed the skeleton flying elsewhere. This time, however, Kairan attempted to have the lightning bolt crash down from above the skeleton, instead of channeling the energy through himself.OOC: Question, I doubt the Memory Wall Levacius would be able to teach Kairan anything, correct? =P

IC-Kal:"Whatever you want to do," Kal said to Mars, shrugging.IC-Aclaraung:"Nonsense? You bloody fool, spawn of a brakas, you have no bloody idea what it is you speak of!" Aclaraung's mental projection roared, light emanating from it and repulsing the spears of fear that Arketh sent for them, the pulsing glow retreating to cover the Dragon.The mental projection of Aclaraung bounded forth, knocking the skull off to the side, and breathing ethereal flame upon its stained-yellow appearance.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC Keisael - New Metru Nui - Fighting:Keisael saw that Arketh had teleported- therefore, his earth disks had missed him; he looked around the sky quickly for where the skeleton had teleported to, and spotted him hovering quite a ways away from where he had last been. Without hesitation, he flung two more disks at his target; though, due to his hastiness, the disks were liable to fly off target, even with his elemental guidance.-Keisael

IC: SongSong lashed out, and shattered the memories attacking her.She strode boldly forward, toward Arketh. "You try to assault me with memories of pain and suffering. That was your first mistake."She paused, and looked Arketh straight in the 'eye'. "Your second was believing you could harm me with them."With a thought, she mustered her worst memory. When the Techna crashed. With a second thought, she literally forced him to experience it. Literally a month of suffering, of agony beyond imagination. This is what Song had felt when the Techna crashed, when she had honestly believed her heart would burst. The feeling of losing centuries off your lifespan in a single month. Because what most didn't know is that that is what Song had suffered. When the ship crashed, she had screamed until her voicebox no longer could. It had taken her two weeks to be able to move out of the fetal position, clutching her chest, and another week to stand. It has taken a whole month for her to bring her heart back to normal.And Arketh was being forced to experience agony beyond belief, a whole month's worth, condensed into a single, several minute shot. There wasn't a being in existence that could be subject to that unscathed. Even Song was visibly shaken outside, her face pale, and she wasn't even experiencing it.Outside, Song could feel her heart beat erratically. Too strong, too weak, too strong, too weak..... And it was getting worse...

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Question, I doubt the Memory Wall Levacius would be able to teach Kairan anything, correct? =P

OOC: Well, it has a fully downloaded documentation of all of his techniques. You'd have to convince 'him', of course.IC: Kopraga / Arkeths MindThe demonic being chuckled as Arketh covered it in dark thoughts. It began to change... flesh covered over the skeletal form of the avatar, and a great pair of bat wings emerged. Terrible, wicked claws appeared on its insubstantial form."You've made a mistake, dragon..." it cried out, its wings covering it and causing the flames to dissipate. "In the physical world, I cannot harm you. Here, I can!"The terrible being moved forward as quick as thought, appearing before the manifestation of the dragon and attempting to rip its 'throat' out. He needed merely cut the interlopers asunder here, eject them from Arkeths mind, and he could take control...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung grasped the Demon's claw, throwing it away and to the lighter areas of Arketh's thoughts and memories, nearer to the surface."And yet you have spent millenia locked in naught but a simple blade," the Dragon said, the glowing light around him turning to a reddish hue in his rage. "I can only wonder at how insane you truly are." He blasted flame out at Arketh and Kopraga, the light from it reaching farther into the depths of Arketh's soul.In the outside world, Aclaraung used his mental contact with Song to take a quick control of her body, manipulating the heartbeat specifically, causing it to be calmer, less erratic. Soon Song would feel herself returning to normal, able to continue her battle.

profiles i guess

IC: New Metru Nui/Arketh's MindSeeing a bolt come for him again, Arketh willed another construct from his shadowy surroundings. A wide buckler took shape, but not for long as the electricty disintregrated it. Also, not having much time to prepare the shield, the force of it slammed him down in the air. Thankfully, it brought him away from the disks' wake.His tumbling through the sky came to a stop as he regained control. Unexpected giggling erupted from him as he floated around. "So nice of you all to pay attention to me," Arketh shouted, his voice sounding off. "But I don't notice much of you helping your people below."Swinging Blacklight, the skeleton used more of the darness to create blades of Shadow, which he fired down at the residents of New Metru Nui. The pointy, razor swords would shred any unprepared victims to pieces.Laughing some more, Arketh flew into a portal of Shadow. He needed to get away from those attackers to both survive and create chaos. His current state of mind wasn't primed for physical combat. There you go again, the projection said, thoroughly annoyed with Aclaraung, ranting on about things.The skull opened its mouth and breathed out pure darkness and malice that battered the flames away. Song's memory attack seemed to rattle him, but those were the types of things he lived for -- terror, suffering, pain... but such an intensity damaged him.You think you will survive in here?! Arketh creamed at Song, possibly blowing the Toa's projection away from his image.Gathering every bit of himself, all of his intellect, memories, and the like, the projection reared back. Not wasting even a moment, he unleashed everything he had at them all. That, he believed, should force the invaders of his mind outward and be enough to temporarily stun them.

IC: Kopraga / Arkeths MindThe demonic being opened its hands, and a tendril of shadow flew out, literally wrapping around the flame and extinguishing it, before extending out to squeeze the draconic avatar. "Insane? Mortal, years mean nothing to the gods. I have waited 100,000 years for a wielder, and I could wait 100,000 more."Opening his other hand, he turned to Songs avatar and released a stream of all the anger, pain, and fear he had dealt during his over 200,000 years of life.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: SongSong grinned. Most of the memories she swatted away, but some hit her. But they couldn't compare to the pain Song had suffered before."I don't think, I know." A pair of swords appeared in Song's hands, manifestations of her attacks, formed out of the good feelings she attacked with. She lunged forward, slashing and hacking with positive energy.Then Kopraga's attack hit, and she staggered back. She glared at the sword, as she fought in the real world to control her heart. It was fast approaching a critical level, and it was a struggle to keep it level, even with Aclaraung's help.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kopraga / Arkeths MindForming a replica of Blacklight in his hands, the blade crafted from pure evil thoughts, Kopraga moved forward and continued sending the memories towards Song. They were getting worse and worse and worse... concluding with one of his final victims on the physical plane, the brave Toa who had fought him for thirty days....... and then his heart being ripped out!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: